Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

But he's a master of panic!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Here are some twitter gifs/vines that people in this thread will like watching

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/799070577986256897?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/JohnnyNBA/status/799058692155052032?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/KennyDucey/status/799080951586426880?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lmao, according to Headlines & Global News Dot Com via nba-trade-rumors.com there are :airquote: rumors :airquote: that the Thunder are going to trade Steven Adams and Oladipo for Klay Thompson and Pachulia. Thanks Google News for the very real news from a very legitimate source of news

http://www.hngn.com/articles/217025/20161115/nba-trade-rumors-klay-thompson-zaza-pachulia-oklahoma-city-thunder.htm

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Came here to ask how Rudy Gay would fit in OKC and you guys already have it broke down. NBA thread is the best. Thanks guys.

Also, I'd imagine they'd have to give up either a Sabonis or Payne and picks, which they don't seem to have a lot of at this point.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Well if you're gonna trade for Klay and make him live in OKC you'll need the patchouli

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

tanglewood1420 posted:

Here are some twitter gifs/vines that people in this thread will like watching

https://twitter.com/JohnnyNBA/status/799058692155052032?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

He did this a bunch of times last night and they were all so composed and confident, was so cool that the Knicks didn't blow that game.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

its the kung-fu fighting that really brings me into this video

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

leftist heap posted:

lmao, according to Headlines & Global News Dot Com via nba-trade-rumors.com there are :airquote: rumors :airquote: that the Thunder are going to trade Steven Adams and Oladipo for Klay Thompson and Pachulia. Thanks Google News for the very real news from a very legitimate source of news

Why would the Thunder trade Steve away? He's the best.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

wandler20 posted:

Came here to ask how Rudy Gay would fit in OKC and you guys already have it broke down. NBA thread is the best. Thanks guys.

Also, I'd imagine they'd have to give up either a Sabonis or Payne and picks, which they don't seem to have a lot of at this point.

It will be Payne and I'll be sad

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

RaySmuckles posted:

I always liked the seven dudes on the same team jumping up to experience a dunk together
it's touching

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

leftist heap posted:

http://www.hngn.com/articles/217025/20161115/nba-trade-rumors-klay-thompson-zaza-pachulia-oklahoma-city-thunder.htm

I imagine trading the dudes you just gave big money too will go over well with everybody else

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dion Waiters seems like the most budget/poor man's player but I have no idea who he's the poor man's version of

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

A poor man's lottery pick?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

RaySmuckles posted:

My understanding is this an accurate depiction of the NBA pre- hand check rule.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Shear Modulus posted:

Dion Waiters seems like the most budget/poor man's player but I have no idea who he's the poor man's version of

A poor man's replacement level shooting guard.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

Little bit of Kobe and a little bit of Wade

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Metapod posted:

Little bit of Kobe and a little bit of Wade

Like in the way that he may have tasted their perspiration when he failed to guard them or...?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Shear Modulus posted:

Dwyane Wade.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Zach Lowe on OKC and stuff around the league:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18067106/zach-lowe-russell-westbrook-steven-adams-oklahoma-city-thunder-nba

edit:

I wasn't aware of this one sided romance:

quote:

Drake wore a black T-shirt with a drawing of ESPN analyst Doris Burke’s face and the words “Woman Crush Everyday.” I’m actually starting to feel a little bit anxious for the poor woman: She told New York magazine’s Rembert Browne back in June that Drake had once turned to her during a Raptors game and shaped his hands like a heart in her general direction. She wasn’t working this ESPN broadcast, but that didn’t stop Drake from calling her a “stunning woman” in a courtside interview and adding that she should come to his house for dinner — alone. Have some chill for once, bud!

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 17, 2016

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

leftist heap posted:

There are auto generated content sites that create fake trade rumors for click bait. I don't know why but the NBA seems more prone to it

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Views from the 6 is literally just Drake talking about being in the sixth row at a Raptors game and wanting to holler at Doris Burke.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don't like watching any of the Knicks

Pls keep that in mind ty

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

euphronius posted:

I don't like watching any of the Knicks

Pls keep that in mind ty

Learn to love King Zing. He is the first "next Dirk" that actually is good.

Count Mippipopolous
Apr 10, 2008

This was my favorite play of that Clippers Grizzlies game:

https://twitter.com/UKBasketbalI/status/799281709401436160

(There was a few seconds of scuffling for the ball and JJ put up a shot then)

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/799123184180199424

Gasol's shimmy walk was a-mazing though.

Count Mippipopolous fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 17, 2016

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spacebump posted:

Learn to love King Zing. He is the first "next Dirk" that actually is good.

Maybe if he is traded Idk.

Everyone should watch Minnesota Philadelphia tonight . I think my man Embiid is going to try and dunk on Kat.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Shear Modulus posted:

Wade

E: beat but whatever

Kibner fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 17, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

euphronius posted:

Maybe if he is traded Idk.

Everyone should watch Minnesota Philadelphia tonight . I think my man Embiid is going to try and dunk on Kat.

I really hope Wiggins tries to Gobert Embiid

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I really hope Wiggins tries to Gobert Embiid

Oh that will be good too

Can't wait. Hope my dumb kid goes to sleep on Time.

Props Department
Jul 10, 2007

creamed corn & confucius
Drake's comments on Doris during the broadcast made me cringe. He clearly thinks that praising her for her beauty and playing up the crush angle is honoring her, but it minimizes how good she is at her actual job and was really only a short hop away from the Tr*mp Access Hollywood tape. I realize that I'm taking Drake's off-the-cuff lighthearted statements too seriously but it was almost like he was giving her backhanded compliments while pretending to love her.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Props Department posted:

was really only a short hop away from the Tr*mp Access Hollywood tape.
:rolleyes:

Props Department
Jul 10, 2007

creamed corn & confucius

Did you listen to it? When the announcers said they had been to Doris's house or had her over or something, Drake was like "what are you trying to say?" To me that smacks of "locker room talk." Literally the entire segment was him making sexual innuendos or praising her beauty. It's funny because it's Drake, but I don't think the parallel is so laughable.

Props Department fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 17, 2016

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Drake a grade A cornball

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Props Department posted:

Drake's comments on Doris during the broadcast made me cringe. He clearly thinks that praising her for her beauty and playing up the crush angle is honoring her, but it minimizes how good she is at her actual job and was really only a short hop away from the Tr*mp Access Hollywood tape. I realize that I'm taking Drake's off-the-cuff lighthearted statements too seriously but it was almost like he was giving her backhanded compliments while pretending to love her.

He sounded like a corny try-hard goober, which he is. You are taking it way too seriously.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Props Department posted:

Did you listen to it? When the announcers said they had been to Doris's house or had her over or something, Drake was like "what are you trying to say?" To me that smacks of "locker room talk." Literally the entire segment was him making sexual innuendos or praising her beauty. It's funny because it's Drake, but I don't think the parallel is so laughable.

lol

Props Department
Jul 10, 2007

creamed corn & confucius
Whatever, I know we've had enough of interrogating people's unintentional biases in the NBA thread for a while, but I did find it more off-putting than funny/corny.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Props Department posted:

Whatever, I know we've had enough of interrogating people's unintentional biases in the NBA thread for a while, but I did find it more off-putting than funny/corny.

I find it offputting that you considered it a "short hop away" from someone talking about actual sexual assault

Props Department
Jul 10, 2007

creamed corn & confucius

Cool Buff Man posted:

I find it offputting that you considered it a "short hop away" from someone talking about actual sexual assault

Really? I mean, insinuating that the other announcers were banging her? Is it that different?

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

euphronius posted:

Was mudiay playing off guard last night ?

He was the 1, playing off the ball. Mostly. His teammates were going out of their way to not pass to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Props Department posted:

Really? I mean, insinuating that the other announcers were banging her? Is it that different?

Yes?

• Locked thread