Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

Brine posted:

So they're adding two useless talents and one decent one to the pool. I'm not sure why they're doing this since it made the guns unique.

Assuming I'm correct, who knows? Personally, I do like the idea of the built-in talent being specific to the gun. Wish they would revamp all existing guns to have unique talents. Not really a game changer though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Did they end up nerfing Hungry Hog or is that still the best LMG?

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Capn Beeb posted:

Also also I take it that the 870 on the PC won't be nerfed? Because mmmm boy I'm pretty gosh dang tired of guns getting nerfed for PvP people.
From memory, on the PTS it was a mild headshot multiplier nerf and an accuracy mod reduces spread nerf - and I always thought that the tactical sausasge was the PVE shotgun of choice?

Hakarne posted:

Did they end up nerfing Hungry Hog or is that still the best LMG?
There's still a base damage reduction incoming for the M60 and Hungry hog, but the MG5 will be the new Meta LMG of choice.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 17, 2016

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

ZombyDog posted:

From memory, on the PTS it was a mild headshot multiplier nerf and an accuracy mod reduces spread nerf - and I always thought that the tactical sausasge was the PVE shotgun of choice?

Super 90 works a little better in my experience, especially if you pair it with lone star.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Are FALs still burst fire? Also what's a hungry hog and where do I get one?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Are FALs still burst fire? Also what's a hungry hog and where do I get one?

Yes

Unique named M60, currently the best weapon in the game for both burst and DoT, randomly dropped in DZ.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Roman posted:

Frame drops and stuttering are a localized issue and are optimization problems. So inform massive where it happens to you so they can fix it.

That's good to know.

I guess asking them to randomize the crate locations in Survival was too much, that or hopefully it's in Monday's notes.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Av027 posted:

I'm guessing it's probably the G36 10% damage if nothing is on cooldown talent and the other similar built-in ones?

Also Stable I believe.

cloneboy
May 7, 2014

Morter posted:

Someone should tell this guy holding a bunch of dead rats by the tail.

homeboy just wrangled up dinner for the night

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

ZombyDog posted:

There's still a base damage reduction incoming for the M60 and Hungry hog, but the MG5 will be the new Meta LMG of choice.

That will depend on how ham-fisted the nerf was.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 18, 2016

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkgigGdDyaE

A how it's made video starring Massive's Jeremy Estrellado. Goes into detail how they craft props into the world to help with narrative. It's like an uber-detailed Sims home maker.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Jumping in after maxing the game out (essentially) right before incursions and getting burnt out. Did a few random things in the world and it feels really good, my navy mp5 still wrecks fools which is nice.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So after spending all my time at WT4, I decided to drop down to WT2 to farm birdcoins and goddamn it makes you feel like a badass when you can just wade through everything without blinking an eye.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
does a scope need to bring you to first-person to be considered 'zoomed' for the deadeye four-piece? or does that slight bit of zoom when you toggle a RDS etc count?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Is uplay down for everyone else? I can't log in at all.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Raged posted:

Is uplay down for everyone else? I can't log in at all.
just you

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

I've googled a bunch but to no avail - I'm getting insanely long load times lately. If I sprint more than a block or two the game forces me into a slow stroll while it loads, and my initial load time is a few minutes. I'm installed on an SSD, and it used to load about a billion times faster. Any way to clean up my install or something?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

does a scope need to bring you to first-person to be considered 'zoomed' for the deadeye four-piece? or does that slight bit of zoom when you toggle a RDS etc count?

Any zoom counts. Ran with close quarters deadeye for a while, it was fun.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Sixto Lezcano posted:

I've googled a bunch but to no avail - I'm getting insanely long load times lately. If I sprint more than a block or two the game forces me into a slow stroll while it loads, and my initial load time is a few minutes. I'm installed on an SSD, and it used to load about a billion times faster. Any way to clean up my install or something?
Not something I've really come across before, if you don't have Australian Internet you could always just flatten & reinstall your The Division, alternatively you can just verify your files ( the option is available on the Properties page of the Uplay The Division menu ). But before flattening & reinstalling I'd look at your video card drivers, are they up to date? Have you tried adjusting your ingame display settings ? Maybe your card is chugging trying to stream all of the textures?. Maybe you need to set your anti virus to exclude your game folders.
Initial Load time taking a minute or two is nothing out of the ordinary, and when transitioning to a new instance / fast travelling takes a bit longer than I'd like but assuming you have a decent machine you shouldn't be experiencing any streaming issues when travelling about ingame.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Naturally Selected posted:

So after spending all my time at WT4, I decided to drop down to WT2 to farm birdcoins and goddamn it makes you feel like a badass when you can just wade through everything without blinking an eye.

Are you doing daily missions in WT2 to farm the coins or something else?

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Sixto Lezcano posted:

From the patch notes Roman posted yesterday:

Roman posted:

Frame drops and stuttering are a localized issue and are optimization problems. So inform massive where it happens to you so they can fix it.

Contact Massive.

Gentleman Blogger
Sep 19, 2003

directions make no sense in the grand scheme of things.
So I just hit 30 last night, jumped up to WT1, started getting halfway decent yellows, but as I have no friends, it's hard to progress further, as I adhere to the goon credo of: Don't play with pubbies. They are awful. So, to that end, anyone on XB1 wanna hangout and shoot innocent New Yorkers who are just behaving rationally to a full on EOTW crisis scenario? I mean, other than the LMB. gently caress those dudes. We can hang out and talk about how actually problematic this game is, while we engage in problematic behaviour?

GT: Cooterhatesyou

Ed. note: I am terrible. Just garbage at stuff. Help and kindness required.

Also, as a new 30er I was wondering what's the progression path to get gud? I'm kinda stuck for things to do, and not really sure what gets me the best gear for the time put in.

Gentleman Blogger fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Nov 18, 2016

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

You Am I posted:

Are you doing daily missions in WT2 to farm the coins or something else?

Do the Clear Sky Incursion at WT2. 100 coins for around 10 minutes work with very little chance of dying.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Okay so I actually don't know why I can't redeem the 'Return to safehouse' quest. I literally don't see any other quests (save for the supply drop one which I want to save for 1.5). Any ideas?

Edit (1/2): Oh wait, there's a missing person's chain of quests that has one end up there. Maybe completing that will let me?

Edit (2/?): Well, doing that mission didn't work. I still can't turn in that mission at the Grindhouse. I saw a mission Kip's Bay, however, for another missing squad. Thinking that might be the case, I fast traveled to Kip's bay...and was able to update that JTF officer...

Even though I have an unfinished quest right there? :psyduck:

Morter fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 18, 2016

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Gentleman Blogger posted:

So I just hit 30 last night, jumped up to WT1, started getting halfway decent yellows, but as I have no friends, it's hard to progress further, as I adhere to the goon credo of: Don't play with pubbies. They are awful. So, to that end, anyone on XB1 wanna hangout and shoot innocent New Yorkers who are just behaving rationally to a full on EOTW crisis scenario? I mean, other than the LMB. gently caress those dudes. We can hang out and talk about how actually problematic this game is, while we engage in problematic behaviour?

Also, as a new 30er I was wondering what's the progression path to get gud? I'm kinda stuck for things to do, and not really sure what gets me the best gear for the time put in.

Clear out all side missions. Go get all the intel collectibles. Do HVTs as those are probably the best return for your time. Do dailies/weeklies so you get caches, mats and bird bux. You'll collect upgrades along the way. If you have Underground do that. Play with goons when you can, but I think at that low level, you should be ok playing with pubbies. Also if you can a full group, definitely do DZ. Go north and you'll avoid most gank squads. DZ is a great way to get gear.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

We can totally be awful together and talk about how awful the things we are doing are and how much fun it is, GT is Fatboy Swim.

Since we are getting a patch with a GS cap raise soon I would run wt4 HVT's and do world bosses with you to get you to 229 asap so you can jump right into the game when they drop 1.5

And you sound like a barrel of monkeys so yes, I am offering to Sherpa you to 229 so I have more cool ppl to play with. I bleed mmo shooter so I will help you sort through your drops because you probably spent your life achieving meaningful things :D

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Morter posted:

Okay so I actually don't know why I can't redeem the 'Return to safehouse' quest. I literally don't see any other quests (save for the supply drop one which I want to save for 1.5). Any ideas?

Edit (1/2): Oh wait, there's a missing person's chain of quests that has one end up there. Maybe completing that will let me?

Edit (2/?): Well, doing that mission didn't work. I still can't turn in that mission at the Grindhouse. I saw a mission Kip's Bay, however, for another missing squad. Thinking that might be the case, I fast traveled to Kip's bay...and was able to update that JTF officer...

Even though I have an unfinished quest right there? :psyduck:

That unfinished quest is the Noble Squad quest line and it ends in Turtle Bay.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Shoren posted:

Do the Clear Sky Incursion at WT2. 100 coins for around 10 minutes work with very little chance of dying.

Endlessly spawning enemies plus an objective doesn't equal "very little chance of dying". Unless there's a trick I'm not realizing, I just spent forty five minutes trying to grab the explosives in the first area on WT2 with no luck

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Legs Benedict posted:

Endlessly spawning enemies plus an objective doesn't equal "very little chance of dying". Unless there's a trick I'm not realizing, I just spent forty five minutes trying to grab the explosives in the first area on WT2 with no luck

Are you doing this solo? And are you at GS229? Because farming isn't something you should do until you're overpowered and have a group.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Legs Benedict posted:

Stop trying to solo it.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Vatek posted:

Stop trying to solo it.

His post made it sound like he was talking about soloing it at WT2 so I gave it a try :mad: this makes sense though

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Legs Benedict posted:

His post made it sound like he was talking about soloing it at WT2 so I gave it a try :mad: this makes sense though

Nah even with 4 people it can be tricky depending on the loadouts and player stats. I got lucky and the first group I matchmade with a week ago was some guys who were really geared well. And then there's a few goons (at least on PS4) who have been regularly running whatever.

Gentleman Blogger
Sep 19, 2003

PleasantDirge posted:

We can totally be awful together and talk about how awful the things we are doing are and how much fun it is, GT is Fatboy Swim.

Since we are getting a patch with a GS cap raise soon I would run wt4 HVT's and do world bosses with you to get you to 229 asap so you can jump right into the game when they drop 1.5

And you sound like a barrel of monkeys so yes, I am offering to Sherpa you to 229 so I have more cool ppl to play with. I bleed mmo shooter so I will help you sort through your drops because you probably spent your life achieving meaningful things :D

YEAH LET'S BE loving PROBLEMATIC! I'll be home and playing today after 430 EST. Please help me be less wack. Friending now.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Made my second trip ever into DZ today while barely in WT4 with mostly 204 gear. Did some low-key exploration since I was solo and there was a rogue squad running around. Extracted a few rubbish things and couldn't escape from a pair of melee guys chasing me. Ended up running all the way to another extraction point where said rogue squad apparently had a big fight. There was a huge pile of leftover orange smack in the middle of the point.

Managed to vulture myself a MP5 ST with Meticulous, Brutal, and Accurate and a Marine Super 90 with Deadly, Accurate, and Destructive, both 229. :woop:

Damegane fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 18, 2016

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I am not the biggest fan of the DZ, but man, when poo poo like that goes your way, it feels amazing. You get this insane rush after pulling that off.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

YEAH LET'S BE loving PROBLEMATIC! I'll be home and playing today after 430 EST. Please help me be less wack. Friending now.

i added both of you whores

gt: AFFLUENZA TEEN

Gentleman Blogger
Sep 19, 2003

GET MY BELT SON posted:

FUK YES. I might be able to go into Midtown without getting shot in the dick until I've thought more about my sins.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

GET MY BELT SON posted:

I got you mixed up with YA BOY ETHAN COUCH for a second until I remembered you are not the same person. Now we can play division together, I'm cised

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I'm on pc, will be playing a lot tonight but would love a helping goon to get me up on changes and gear and stuff. I'll be in the discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Jose Oquendo posted:

I am not the biggest fan of the DZ, but man, when poo poo like that goes your way, it feels amazing. You get this insane rush after pulling that off.

This here. That 2 minute timer from calling a chopper to loot extraction feels like an eternity if you've got something awesome in your goodie bag.

Do most rogues still hang out in the lower DZ? Anyone run into them higher up?

• Locked thread