Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Crosspeice posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XgjmXLwe18

The dub trailer for the new anime series has such a completely different tone to the Japanese version it's ridiculous. It's almost polar opposites.

It's kind of nostalgic to see some good old fashioned "trying too hard to look epic advertising" for a kids' anime again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
So thanks to crossed wires, I didn't realize I have to pay off Sun BEFORE 6pm tonight, then come back AFTER 6pm but BEFORE 9 to get my ticket.

A minor annoyance, and it makes sense in retrospect ("pay for the game before 6 so we can print out a list of people who are getting tickets to let back into the closed-mall for Midnight")

Luckily I'm only 10 minutes away, so I'll just head back around 7, grab dinner at Moe's around the corner, then go home and come back at 10:30-11 so I'm not standing in line for 2 hours like the desperate loser I am.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blooming Brilliant posted:

My favorite thing about the Pokemon anime ever is when Ash was going to win the Sinnoh league after all of his possible rivals got knocked out/became his friend/whatever.

So his next opponent was a guy using legendaries that destroyed Ash's team with ease.

Hahaha

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Blaziken386 posted:

Alolan forms don't have their own spot in the pokedex.
Dammit, this is gonna throw my livingdex all out of whack.
What did you do for alternate formes previously? Just do that again.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

DACK FAYDEN posted:

What did you do for alternate formes previously? Just do that again.
Before alternate forms were just different colors, so I didn't care about 'em. Now they've got different types and movepools, so they're different enough to warrant a slot.
I'll probably just put them all at the end of the Alolan Dex, I guess.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Blaziken386 posted:

Before alternate forms were just different colors, so I didn't care about 'em. Now they've got different types and movepools, so they're different enough to warrant a slot.
I'll probably just put them all at the end of the Alolan Dex, I guess.

Uh

Deoxys, Wormadam, Rotom, Shaymin, Hoopa, oricoro...

Zore fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 17, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

DACK FAYDEN posted:

-Cooler cover legendary?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Hustlin Floh posted:

Probably because after 20 years he still can't figure out how to properly breed/train his pokemon for ultimate sperg power

It was the condition so cps wouldn't take him away from his mom after they found out he had a Greninja with water shuriken, double team, aerial Ace and loving cut

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
moon bat owns, fight me

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Greninja's version of Cut is loving awesome in the anime

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Zore posted:

Uh

Deoxys, Wormadam, Rotom, Shaymin, Hoopa, oricoro...
All of those can change from one form to any of the other formes, so they're essentially the same pokemon. (Aside from Wormadam, who's choice is locked in @ Burmy)
Things like Alolan-Vulpix or Marowak are set in their Alolan form. You can't flip a switch to swap them to another one.
I understand that's sort of an arbitrary way of looking at things, but I'm still a little annoyed.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
well, if you recognize it's arbitrary, stop

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

DACK FAYDEN posted:

moon bat owns, fight me

The moon bat is very cool if you enjoy things that are second best

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The Tapus, Ultra Beasts, Type: Null, and Silvally all count as legendaries. So yeah, that's a whopping 20 legendaries this gen introduced. Diamond and Pearl only had 14 of those.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

Is that why America gets SuMo after Australia? :colbert:

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

new zealand got it before australia

you're like, 250th or something

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Can I just say it's absolutely bullshit that Europe have to wait until next week :colbert:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

The Tapus, Ultra Beasts, Type: Null, and Silvally all count as legendaries. So yeah, that's a whopping 20 legendaries this gen introduced. Diamond and Pearl only had 14 of those.

im not gonna count the ultra beasts

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

EvilHawk posted:

Can I just say it's absolutely bullshit that Europe have to wait until next week :colbert:

Maybe if the UK didn't Brexit you'd have it by now :colbert:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
does anyone know when Showdown is going to switch over to SuMo? i assume they already have everything coded behind the scenes by now thanks to leaks, but i dont know if they're waiting a while before implementing it

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Countblanc posted:

does anyone know when Showdown is going to switch over to SuMo? i assume they already have everything coded behind the scenes by now thanks to leaks, but i dont know if they're waiting a while before implementing it

There are still battle mechanics and stuff that are still being figured out (Dark types being immune to Prankster just got found out yesterday) so it'll probably be a while longer.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dr. Fetus posted:

Type:Null and Silvally are legendaries? Uggggggh

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I normally just lurk in this thread, but I've got a pretty important question. I've seen reports of people being banned for playing early due to piracy downloads, which makes perfect sense. However, I came home today to see that Amazon had delivered my copies of Sun and Moon early. Should I hold off on playing them to avoid getting lumped in with thieves and banned for no reason, or is there some way they can tell I'm playing from officials cartridges that I paid for?

Sorry if this has been covered already. I've not been able to keep up with the thread.

edit: I mean, if I've got to wait, it's not like midnight's that far off or anything.

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 17, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Nintendo was indiscriminate with their bans - It didn't matter how you got a copy early, if you accessed the online tools you got banned. People who purchased it have since contacted them and gotten their bans reduced to 2 week bans (??????????????), but yeah.

I doubt anyone is going to get banned now considering just how many people are getting it today, but if you want to be uber super paranoid just turn off Wifi until tomorrow.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Countblanc posted:

Nintendo was indiscriminate with their bans - It didn't matter how you got a copy early, if you accessed the online tools you got banned. People who purchased it have since contacted them and gotten their bans reduced to 2 week bans (??????????????), but yeah.

I doubt anyone is going to get banned now considering just how many people are getting it today, but if you want to be uber super paranoid just turn off Wifi until tomorrow.

Oh alright. Yeah, if a bunch of others are getting theirs early it'd be a seriously jerkish thing to do. Thanks!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

EvilHawk posted:

It's also pretty bullshit that we don't get that New 3DS for 100 bucks deal. There's the 2DS + pre-installed Su/Mo bundle but that's not really the same thing.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

I'm watching the Sun/Moon anime and it's really cute and it's making me wanna play the game noooowww. But with my luck, it probably won't show up 'til saturday. :(

Tapu Koko is loving adorable and I want to catch it more than ever. What a precious lil' badass.

He makes birdy trills and rooster cries :3:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Mierenneuker posted:

It's also pretty bullshit that we don't get that New 3DS for 100 bucks deal. There's the 2DS + pre-installed Su/Mo bundle but that's not really the same thing.

Woah woah, where is this deal at? I'm already going out for a PS4 but I mean for 100$ that's a bargain

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Relax Or DIE posted:

Agreed, it's the second-best winged legendary after Ho-Oh.

Solgaleo looks like Entei cosplaying as a lion.
edit: Both of them are way better than any of the legendary dragons, though. Except maybe Rayquaza.

Mr. Baps fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 17, 2016

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Classtoise posted:

So thanks to crossed wires, I didn't realize I have to pay off Sun BEFORE 6pm tonight, then come back AFTER 6pm but BEFORE 9 to get my ticket.

A minor annoyance, and it makes sense in retrospect ("pay for the game before 6 so we can print out a list of people who are getting tickets to let back into the closed-mall for Midnight")

Luckily I'm only 10 minutes away, so I'll just head back around 7, grab dinner at Moe's around the corner, then go home and come back at 10:30-11 so I'm not standing in line for 2 hours like the desperate loser I am.

If you have a walmart just go there at 1201 my dude

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Bewear looks psychopathic and I love everything about it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mierenneuker posted:

is the 2DS one EU only? I cant find it searching around.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Woah woah, where is this deal at? I'm already going out for a PS4 but I mean for 100$ that's a bargain

Official announcement here, you'll have to find a store yourself (or ask in the 3DS thread I guess):
http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/new-nintendo-3ds-system-available-for-under-100-msrp-on-black-friday

Countblanc posted:

is the 2DS one EU only? I cant find it searching around.

Seems so. Here's a store page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Consoles/Nintendo-Handheld-Console-Pokemon-Moon/B01LW08Q4J (the color is the same for both Sun and Moon). The price is 110 euros (117 dollars).

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 18, 2016

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

EvilHawk posted:

I have to wait until December 25th :shrug:

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Carlosologist posted:

It is Lusamine's main afterall.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Carlosologist posted:

The one thing that the gif doesn't convey is just how loving happy it is to have someone to hug

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://twitter.com/bugfriends/status/799347922072727552

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

quote:

sun/moon choice discussion
I'm a Leo so when I saw Sun's cover legendary was some lion thing I didn't even have a choice except to get Sun then.

And I pre-ordered months ago and it's shipped and will get here tomorrow. :whatup:

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
Finished my living dex a little bit ago. Houndor can get you basically whatever you want on GTS, scored an Yveltal and the Y candy trade evo. Cryoganol was honestly the biggest pain in the rear end to get.

Just in time for Sun! I don't know if my GameStop is doing a midnight launch, but I'll probably just pick it up on my lunch break tomorrow anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

It is going to be murder staying focused at work today. I downloaded the game yesterday so it'll be ready for me as soon as I'm out the door, but that's 7 hours away....