Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Props Department
Jul 10, 2007

creamed corn & confucius

I just feel like it's of a piece with treating women who go on camera professionally as sex objects. I guess everyone else thinks I'm a ninny though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Mudiay, Beasley and Josh Smith all on the same CBA team *shivers*

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Aubrey Graham is literally a rapist.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Props Department posted:

I just feel like it's of a piece with treating women who go on camera professionally as sex objects. I guess everyone else thinks I'm a ninny though!

I don't know enough about you to call you a ninny but I know that you're making some strange equivalences here that paint you in the exact opposite light of the one that you seem to desire

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Minnesota Philly gonna be so cool. I'm excited about Sixers basketball. It is a strange feeling. What is this? What does it mean?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I'm glad that weirdos can take offense on Doris' behalf because she's clearly not woke enough to understand what's really going on here

https://twitter.com/heydb/status/799092560123875329

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

chunkles posted:

Mudiay, Beasley and Josh Smith all on the same CBA team *shivers*

I think Malone is nearing the end of his rope with ole Mudiay. Something's gonna happen!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
having drake on commentary WAS incredibly annoying b/c it was putting an amateur commentator on national tv of a national basketball association game between two very skilled teams and he also couldnt even stay on basketball-related topics most of the time anyway regardless of your thoughts on whether his comments were sexist or not

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Drake needing to disappear is a separate issue and when Russ snubbed him last year at the All-Star game by doing the Hotline Bling in his face instead of hugging him I whooped several ways

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I'm glad that weirdos can take offense on Doris' behalf because she's clearly not woke enough to understand what's really going on here

https://twitter.com/heydb/status/799092560123875329

How does she not have a blue checkmark? Obama needs to fix this national travesty.

paternity suitor posted:

Minnesota Philly gonna be so cool. I'm excited about Sixers basketball. It is a strange feeling. What is this? What does it mean?

It's called "hope" and it means you can feel pain again when it gets taken away from you.

But then again feeling pain means you felt good enough to feel it in the first place.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Props Department posted:

You're getting poo poo because of how clumsily you tried to bridge the gap between "dweebily adhering to patriarchal norms that reduce women to their physical attractiveness" and "literally bragging about sexual assault."

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lessail posted:

Oh yeah I gotta mention that NBA League Pass Audio is pretty lovely. The android app sucks and forces an ad anytime you start up an audio stream, it requires focus to play the audio so you can't check twitter or something or even lock your phone, and it's just super choppy whereas other audio streaming I get is smooth.

I also don't think the NBA website is able to know I bought LP Audio because every time I try to listen to a game on it, it takes me to the buy page.

It shouldn't be this hard :(

It used to be a wonderful product, but it's so loving awful this year. Tying the audio player to the video player was a loving terrible idea. If you drag it to the video player though the audio starts to work, and it lets you choose which stream you wish to listen to. Unless it's a national game and then because it's tied to the video player the dumbasses didn't leave an option in to choose the audio stream of the visiting team.

And now it's a good ten minutes behind the televised game. Which is crazy because that's already on a three minute delay.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

How does she not have a blue checkmark? Obama needs to fix this national travesty.

Probably because it's not her twitter account.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Put Mudiay on the Spurs and in two years he'll be an all-star.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

Check out her timeline, it's her.

Props Department
Jul 10, 2007

creamed corn & confucius

Hand Knit posted:

You're getting poo poo because of how clumsily you tried to bridge the gap between "dweebily adhering to patriarchal norms that reduce women to their physical attractiveness" and "literally bragging about sexual assault."

I honestly think they're more similar than different, but fair enough. It's been a long week.

Who's excited to watch the Knicks just miss getting back to .500 tonight?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I think that is her Twitter, she just somehow hasn't been verified

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Paul Zuvella posted:

I mean it definitely seems to be

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Verification is not an auto thing

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Gasol has the entire Memphis organization doing the MacGregor walk.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BM692-jgQiv/

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Redgrendel2001 posted:

McMahon walk*

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

mods please rename the Memphis Grizzlies the Ministry of Silly Walks

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
The grizz are so much fun to watch for a team that doesn't actually play aesthetically pleasing basketball. This is NOT a burn nick

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
What elite player has played better when Kevin Durant is on his team?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Props Department posted:

Drake's comments on Doris during the broadcast made me cringe. He clearly thinks that praising her for her beauty and playing up the crush angle is honoring her, but it minimizes how good she is at her actual job and was really only a short hop away from the Tr*mp Access Hollywood tape. I realize that I'm taking Drake's off-the-cuff lighthearted statements too seriously but it was almost like he was giving her backhanded compliments while pretending to love her.
Jesus Christ this post is so bad

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I think we can all agree that Drake is a dweeb and Doris Burke is really loving good at her job and needs to commentate more games.

And now we can move forward amicably

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

But can Doris dunk?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

But can Doris dunk?

I don't know but here's Drake's night in a nut shell

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHhq_UlBwCo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

What elite player has played better when Kevin Durant is on his team?

Dion Waiters

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Time posted:

The grizz are so much fun to watch for a team that doesn't actually play aesthetically pleasing basketball. This is NOT a burn nick

It's cool. The personality of the team overrides their ugly rear end hoop aesthetic. I love them so much.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
One day I'm gonna write a big OP thread about the Grizz and what they mean to memphis. Maybe I'll do it over thanksgiving break. I just really feel compelled to put into words how they've been such a positive force in the community.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Woops I meant single r demar not the broken one
There should really be an NBA player name spelling bee. I'd get Dwyane Wade (he's easy once you realize his Y just moved around because that's what alphas do) and then totally eat it at D-Mo
Donatas...Monti...Donatas Montijuanas? no no that's just the og popcorn talking
Wait there isn't even a second n? GddMit

One of those late night shows asked people on the street to spell Timofey Mozgov for $100. It took them a long time to find someone who knew how.

Henchman of Santa posted:

A debate ending in a resounding "lol no," even factoring in Chandler's gold medal and Miller taking Utah to a championship game.

Andre Miller is one of seven guys to have 8,500+ assists and 1,500+ steals. Along with:

John Stockton
Magic Johnson
Gary Payton
Jason Kidd
Mark Jackson
Isiah Thomas

It's highly unlikely that the 2011 Mavericks win the title and defeat evil LBJ without JET and Chandler.

straight up brolic posted:

No one picked CP3 as WS leader because he didn't publicize that he got LASIK this summer.

I thought you were joking but he did do it. All elite NBA players should probably undergo the knife if they haven't. They can afford it.

I know LBJ did it sometime back. If he didn't have the surgery who knows where he'd be.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

NickRoweFillea posted:

One day I'm gonna write a big OP thread about the Grizz and what they mean to memphis. Maybe I'll do it over thanksgiving break. I just really feel compelled to put into words how they've been such a positive force in the community.

:)

I want to read it

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

paternity suitor posted:

I'm excited about Sixers basketball. It is a strange feeling. What is this? What does it mean?

Confusion. Don't get too excited!

Cool Buff Man posted:

I think Malone is nearing the end of his rope with ole Mudiay. Something's gonna happen!

He's taken 120 2PAs and he's shooting 36%. Shameful!

Rick posted:

It used to be a wonderful product, but it's so loving awful this year. Tying the audio player to the video player was a loving terrible idea. If you drag it to the video player though the audio starts to work, and it lets you choose which stream you wish to listen to. Unless it's a national game and then because it's tied to the video player the dumbasses didn't leave an option in to choose the audio stream of the visiting team.

And now it's a good ten minutes behind the televised game. Which is crazy because that's already on a three minute delay.

Somebody has to get the blame for all NBA technologies going down the toilet. NBA.com in 1996 was LIGHT-YEARS ahead of this. Maybe Adam Silver should be fired into the sun.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Props Department posted:

Nah I thought it was p. creepy too. I know you're a celebrity but after the 5th or 6th comment it was like, ease up there buddy.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Can we just get the inevitable rudy gay to Thunder trade already this team needs a 3

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

attackmole posted:

Nah I thought it was p. creepy too. I know you're a celebrity but after the 5th or 6th comment it was like, ease up there buddy.

You ever think about the fact that he was nervous about complimenting his crush on live TV?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Welp, 11 games into the season and I'm seeing a bunch of garbage for DeMarcus Cousins trades already

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Redgrendel2001 posted:

NO CHANCE, THATS WHAT CHA GOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The main thing about the Drake/Doris Burke thing is that she kinda looks like a younger version of his mom

• Locked thread