Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

"People there (in Sacramento) told me, and at first I didn't believe it because it sounds like an excuse somebody would make for somebody, but he's (George Karl) a (North) Carolina guy and you're a Duke guy. And some people there told me that he had some preconceived ideas about what Duke pros were like -- that they didn't make it or they ended up not being what people said they would be -- and he would say it out loud. And people there would hear it. Did you ever hear it?"

"I did," Curry answered. "It felt like every single day he would make a little Duke jab, or say something about Duke-Carolina. I'm like, 'Wow, this is happening every single day, this might be a little real.' But I don't know if that's the reason why he didn't play me on a consistent basis...

"I used to hear it and I used to hear people talk about how serious he was about it. It was a tough time early on in that year."

George Karl everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Joel Embiid has applied for a trademark on "The Process".

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

I was hoping he literally went between Nene's legs, but that was awesome on its own. I drifted off after the 1st half, which was a good half imo.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
My favorite thing about Drake is his occasional forays into pretending he's not just a low-rent Canadian Justin Timberlake.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Joel Embiid has applied for a trademark on "The Process".

He's become my favorite everything.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

He's become my favorite everything.

It gets better. He's doing it so he can sell bottled Shirley Temples.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2016/11/joel-embiid-has-applied-for-a-trademark-for-the-process-to-sell-bottled-shirley-temples.html

https://twitter.com/BenOConnor12/status/799407363820163072

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 18, 2016

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/nbastore/status/799366694166728705

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.

Zogo posted:

Somebody has to get the blame for all NBA technologies going down the toilet. NBA.com in 1996 was LIGHT-YEARS ahead of this. Maybe Adam Silver should be fired into the sun.

They updated ILP a couple of days ago and now it is complete and utter trash. The video window is less than half of the screen and it dies so often now. I wish they would go back :(

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Now THAT is some motherfucking branding baby. Also that guy has protected tweets so post a screenshot or something

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Joel Embiid is the first digital athlete. Sorry, Me7o.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Anonymous poll of big men.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18051717/nba-players-shed-light-life-big-man

They all secretly want to be point guards

quote:

If so, what would it be?

Point guard 61 percent (most popular answer)

quote:

How often do people ask you how tall you are?

Every day 80 percent (most popular answer)

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Dion Waiters has a 6 per this year and has never posted a positive BPM or VORP in his entire career. He's like the definition of a dumpster fire rolling down the street in a flood.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Libertine posted:

Dion Waiters has a 6 per this year and has never posted a positive BPM or VORP in his entire career. He's like the definition of a dumpster fire rolling down the street in a flood.

That stuff is all weird for a superstar

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Libertine posted:

https://twitter.com/dionwaiters3/status/517158752345415682?lang=en

Someone add numbers to that too

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Libertine posted:

Bro did you not watch the playoffs
He transformed into a completely competent roleplayer, so did Roberson. We'll never see it again because Durant decided to ruin the Warriors on behalf of Nike

Now I like Nike, but wait a minute...

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
In an extremely small sample size one time over five years Dion Waiters was a net positive player and we will all cherish that time.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Libertine posted:

In an extremely small sample size one time over five years Dion Waiters was a net positive player and we will all cherish that time.

I'm getting the feeling you don't get irony

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Metapod posted:

Since this sentiment has been posted at me about 15 times in the last 10 years I'm going to assume you are right.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Zogo posted:

I thought you were joking but he did do it. All elite NBA players should probably undergo the knife if they haven't. They can afford it.

I know LBJ did it sometime back. If he didn't have the surgery who knows where he'd be.

seems like everyone on the banana boat had lasik surgery except melo

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

I've never wanted a t-shirt so much in my life

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

needing to say that the love of dion is ironic makes me physically sick

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Dion Waiters is like Icarus and I would say he's a modern day Icarus without hesitation. His sun was being a good NBA player

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I loving hate waiters and it's a crime he is starting over Tyler Johnson

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

quote:

Chandler Parsons on boos he will probably hear in his return to Dallas, based on social media feedback: "Houston, I get it. I said some stupid stuff on the way out of Houston. Dallas, I don't understand. It's like getting mad at somebody for getting in a car wreck and breaking their arm. Like, how in the world can you be mad at somebody for getting hurt? It makes no sense. That's just so wrong to get mad at somebody for getting hurt, like they want to go through the rehab, want to go through the pain, want to go through the misery of not playing. I can never understand that aspect of it. So when it comes to Dallas, you're going to get mad at me because Dirk decided to take less money to bring in a really good player and then unfortunately he gets hurt? That's why you're mad? Sure, boo."

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
Here is how you respond to boos
https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/799433377329725440

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Metapod posted:

Dion is real bad but Metapod ironically loves him and I respect the commitment to the gimmick

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Clint Capela is great.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

The crowd was 70% Knick fans

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chunkles posted:

Clint Capela is great.

At getting dunked on yes

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Metapod posted:

At getting dunked on yes

Wrong

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/799152180381057026?s=09

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gonna have to declare Metapod the winner here

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Thibs playing Wiggins and KAT 38 minutes each in a game they led by 25+ points for the whole second half.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

tanglewood1420 posted:

Thibs playing Wiggins and KAT 38 minutes each in a game they led by 25+ points for the whole second half.

repeat from the GDT, but:

He has a young team that keeps falling apart down the stretch, he's trying to get them to keep the same energy on minute 28-36 as they show from minutes 8-16.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
I'd like to leave this here:
https://twitter.com/steventurous/status/798951079979470849

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/MikeSGallagher/status/799429826880761856

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

chunkles posted:

Welp, 11 games into the season and I'm seeing a bunch of garbage for DeMarcus Cousins trades already

Usually it takes a couple months, then dies after the trade deadline then comes up again around the draft before dying after that, but drat the SI guys went from one guy strongly against him being traded and one guy mildly for it to both being enthusiastically pro trade Cousins like 5 games into the season (after the Lakers game).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbfoHwWON-c

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

Usually it takes a couple months, then dies after the trade deadline then comes up again around the draft before dying after that, but drat the SI guys went from one guy strongly against him being traded and one guy mildly for it to both being enthusiastically pro trade Cousins like 5 games into the season (after the Lakers game).

I wish all trade rumors involving the Celtics getting a superstar would be written in black text on a black background

I appreciate the suggestion that Sacramento just needs to trade Cousins to get value, he's leaving because the organization is so bad, but why would a front office that's so bad get a fair deal for Cousins, would you expect them to? It needs to be put on mute permanently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Lockback posted:

repeat from the GDT, but:

He has a young team that keeps falling apart down the stretch, he's trying to get them to keep the same energy on minute 28-36 as they show from minutes 8-16.

Thibs doesn't care about this, he'll play old players, young players, injury prone players, well-oiled lineups, dysfunctional lineups, etc. all the same amount and he doesn't care what the score is. Someone will eventually trot out some context-less minutes numbers that ignore the fact that he loves keeping players out there when he doesn't need to.

• Locked thread