Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

I really want to see that bit at the end but with Thawne running at regular human speed. Just running in circles around a dude in a plastic ball.

That's gotta be on the blooper reel this year. It's gotta.

Also gently caress yeah, this episode ruled. This show just keeps getting better and better. Also double gently caress yeah, Surprise Lance Henriksen and Kenny Loggins! What a night :flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I love how this show has decided to just completely own its goofiness.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

I really want to see that bit at the end but with Thawne running at regular human speed. Just running in circles around a dude in a plastic ball.
:agreed: but only if he's awkwardly yelling "AHHHHHHHHH!!!!" the whole time.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Carlosologist posted:

Mick remains the best.
The rest of the show is mediocre at best, but he's great.

bull3964 posted:

The opening voiceover
All I can think whenever I hear it is: "so don't call us heroes" - don't worry, no one was.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"I thought fighting Hitler would unite the US and the Soviet Union" :laugh:

Their fuckups would be a lot more understandable if they didn't keep repeatedly loving up in the same way aka who tries to change history this week.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Lance Henriksen, king of the B Movie, showing up in LoT. I am happy.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

lmao why does Dahrkhkhkhk's secretary have details.of his super secret meeting with a Russian in the park on her IBM personal computer

howe_sam posted:

Of course Sara can sneak a knife into the White House.
Also this

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

irlZaphod posted:

lmao why does Dahrkhkhkhk's secretary have details.of his super secret meeting with a Russian in the park on her IBM personal computer

So the plot can move forward, duh.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Someone please show Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure to the crew of the Waverider. It would help them out a lot.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Inkspot posted:

Someone please show Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure to the crew of the Waverider. It would help them out a lot.

They are nowhere near ready to be the level of responsible custodians of time that ar Bill S Preston Esquire and Ted Theodore Logan

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Mick punching his radio and saying he hates the 80s was great

Also :lol: at the fact that some unexplained attack happen at the WH with unexplained weapons and they are all just "meh gently caress it no need to increase security or put a sketch of that one woman up"

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Nov 12, 2016

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
They're in the DC universe, weird poo poo happening at the White House is just another Thursday.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They probably just figure Superman will show up if it's really a big deal.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

WhyteRyce posted:

Mick punching his radio and saying he hates the 80s was great

Also :lol: at the fact that some unexplained attack happen at the WH with unexplained weapons and they are all just "meh gently caress it no need to increase security or put a sketch of that one woman up"

Gideon, the talking computer on a vehicle which has traveled unimaginable timelines, said the meeting between Reagan and Gorbachev was the most heavily guarded in history.

Bad Moon posted:

They are nowhere near ready to be the level of responsible custodians of time that ar Bill S Preston Esquire and Ted Theodore Logan
If there's another season I hope to see the Legends try to repair an early 21st century aberration timeline in which the celebrity host of a reality show becomes president of the USA.

Then after their initial shock they realize that's not the aberration they need to fix.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Binary Logic posted:

Gideon, the talking computer on a vehicle which has traveled unimaginable timelines, said the meeting between Reagan and Gorbachev was the most heavily guarded in history.

Gideon gives no poo poo. I don't even think she's a computer. It's a Wizard of OZ deal. Except when they pull back the curtain there's some chick with a bunch of edibles just hastily summarizing Wikipedia pages for them

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Gideon gives no poo poo. I don't even think she's a computer. It's a Wizard of OZ deal. Except when they pull back the curtain there's some chick with a bunch of edibles just hastily summarizing Wikipedia pages for them

It would not surprise me if they pull an EDI and just give Gideon a body eventually, if only to have Amy Pemberton actually show up on camera.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I like no one bothers to recollect how Reverse Flash had his own Gideon who was completely content to let him gently caress with the timeline.

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

V-Men posted:

I like no one bothers to recollect how Reverse Flash had his own Gideon who was completely content to let him gently caress with the timeline.

To be fair, that one was made by Barry Allen.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

V-Men posted:

I don't think any of them know. The only people aware that Gideon was linked to RF are Barry, Cisco and Caitlin who found out in the secret room.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
It bugs me how inconsistent RF is. Episode starts, he massacres everyone. Ep end, he completely fails to massacre everyone (important) and just saves Darkh. I know, story convention and all that but then don't go there!!!!
Still love the series tho

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I imagine there is some weird time reason bullshit that he can't kill them all yet. He didn't kill Barry for a loooong time just because he needed him around.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

tessiebee posted:

It bugs me how inconsistent RF is. Episode starts, he massacres everyone. Ep end, he completely fails to massacre everyone (important) and just saves Darkh. I know, story convention and all that but then don't go there!!!!

The problem with speedsters as a concept is that there's really no way to make anyone able to fight them straight up if they're acting competently. If RF actually fought the team then without having some major contrivance in place the team would simply die. It'd be like a grown man fighting a baby, one party can't do anything. This is also why almost everything in the Flash revolves around Barry Allen being the most incompetent serial killer in human history.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Maybe now they know a speedster is involved, Ray will tech up a forcefield that slows down anything that hits it. Bonus points for firestorm reacting with the matrix and going kablooey so no melding inside the forcefield. Oliver's tutelage, Rays brains and budget cuts all come together in one beautiful maguffin

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I have the vaguest feeling like Reverse Flash and Dahrk were supposed to be involved in the crossover event for the season until Supergirl was transferred to the CW. Then they cracked open their contingency crossover for that eventuality so now it's still Reverse Flash and Dahrk doing time shenannigans, but their climax isn't in a full crossover anymore.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

MiddleOne posted:

The problem with speedsters as a concept is that there's really no way to make anyone able to fight them straight up if they're acting competently. If RF actually fought the team then without having some major contrivance in place the team would simply die. It'd be like a grown man fighting a baby, one party can't do anything. This is also why almost everything in the Flash revolves around Barry Allen being the most incompetent serial killer in human history.

Yeah, the premise of a speedster who takes full advantage of their powers is fairly terrifying. There were glimpses of that in Flash S1, when Reverse Flash would massacre a ton of people.

Definitely, the number of times Barry stops to have a jaunty conversation with an evil meta and then gets dropped on is staggering. If Barry Allen had the disposition of Frank Castle, he'd be a nightmare creature.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Season 2 of this show has been an immeasurable improvement.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Stunt Rock posted:

Season 2 of this show has been an immeasurable improvement.

I dunno. This season's had 100% less Captain Cold in it than last year. So I wouldn't call it a complete improvement :v:

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

nine-gear crow posted:

I dunno. This season's had 100% less Captain Cold in it than last year. So I wouldn't call it a complete improvement :v:

Well that may be true so far, but he'll be back.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

nine-gear crow posted:

He's coming back at the mid-season finale, which is right after the crossover episode.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

lotus circle posted:

He's coming back at the mid-season finale, which is right after the crossover episode.

I hear hes showing up in a cold opening.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Why doesn't anyone mention to Vixen's grandma that by leaving 1942 to time travel with the League of Legendary Fuckups that she's causing an aberration and that now Vixen won't be born, Oliver never [spoiler?] rescues his son from Darhk with her help and blah blah blah, ripples through time et cetera.

Or are they just saving that for Rip to say when he parachutes back into the show? I think I answered my own question.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

hollylolly posted:

Why doesn't anyone mention to Vixen's grandma that by leaving 1942 to time travel with the League of Legendary Fuckups that she's causing an aberration and that now Vixen won't be born, Oliver never [spoiler?] rescues his son from Darhk with her help and blah blah blah, ripples through time et cetera.

Or are they just saving that for Rip to say when he parachutes back into the show? I think I answered my own question.

Because Rex was killed by RF. Guessing that's gotta get unfucked

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think the writers are putting 1/1000 of that much effort into timeline continuity and causality. Seriously, if time travel were possible, bumping into 1 person in the past and delaying them for a second, doing nothing else could set into motion a cascade shitstorm could lead you finding a nuclear winter world when you get back to your present. Besides, Sarah doing her thing with some chick back in the past would probably lead to a super-epidemic thanks to our evolved bacteria and viruses. It's just a low brow superhero show and they roll with it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Since they're time travelers they can just drop her back off whenever because gently caress you it's time travel.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

MacheteZombie posted:

Since they're time travelers they can just drop her back off whenever because gently caress you it's time travel.

If that worked, Rip could have recruited actually competent people. He got stuck with the League of Extraordinary Fuckups because they were the only ones that could be removed from the timeline without impacting the future.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Licarn posted:

If that worked, Rip could have recruited actually competent people. He got stuck with the League of Extraordinary Fuckups because they were the only ones that could be removed from the timeline without impacting the future.

Or some other lie he could feed them. Maybe he asked competent heroes and they laughed at his face for being just as bad at his job as the crew he'd go on to hire.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

hollylolly posted:

Maybe time is circular and Vixen is meant to have a child with Nate?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the Wild West, part 2 is going great so far

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
The show really seems that they've gotten into a good groove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Sara is basically a Wild West Indiana Jones, that was some cool poo poo

• Locked thread