Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My pre-order of Pokemon Sun has shipped and will be here on release day, Friday. I work Fridays :saddowns:

I had it in my head that the 18th was Thursday, until like yesterday :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
My birthday was last weekend, and to be honest, it was kind of crummy.

To most people, it probably sounded good...my fiance "surprised" me with a trip to NYC. I say "surprised" because it was about a month ago that she sprung it on me, but only to make sure I didn't make other plans, but she bought the tickets on her own and I had no idea she was planning a trip, so it was sort of a surprise.

Thing is, I'm not a birthday person. I don't care about them...another year, big whoop-dee-do. But she IS a big birthday person. I go all out for hers, because I know she likes that, and I get that she wants to do the same for me, but honestly I'd have preferred a weekend of staying home and playing video games and watching football.

And compound that with the fact that she's not great at planning things. She got the plane tickets and room...and that's it. She left everything else up to me because it was my birthday and we should do what I want, but I know the real reason is because she hates doing that stuff. She likes to decide where to go, and then have me plan everything else and use the excuse,
"Well it was my idea to go in the first place, so you can chose the details." And then if things aren't enjoyable, she can complain to me about them.

So I was in this awkward spot of trying to plan the right amount of things. Should I maximize our time there and pack in a lot of stuff, or just kind of go "free form" with it and do what suits us at the second? So I got stressed about it, did more of the latter because I was stressed and didn't want to keep thinking about it and putting in more effort, so in the end I feel like it was just a waste of time and money. And the one thing I really wanted to do (Museum of Natural History) we didn't do because we got there, it had a bit of a line (that was moving pretty fast, honestly) and she decided it was too many people, she was tired, sick of walking, etc... so we went back to our room and did nothing for 3 hours.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The doc's office goofed up my prescription and now I have to drive back to the office that's like 5 mins from my house to get the fixed one.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

DrBouvenstein posted:

To most people, it probably sounded good...my fiance "surprised" me with a trip to NYC. I say "surprised" because it was about a month ago that she sprung it on me, but only to make sure I didn't make other plans, but she bought the tickets on her own and I had no idea she was planning a trip, so it was sort of a surprise.

Thing is, I'm not a birthday person. I don't care about them...another year, big whoop-dee-do. But she IS a big birthday person. I go all out for hers, because I know she likes that, and I get that she wants to do the same for me, but honestly I'd have preferred a weekend of staying home and playing video games and watching football.

And compound that with the fact that she's not great at planning things. She got the plane tickets and room...and that's it. She left everything else up to me because it was my birthday and we should do what I want, but I know the real reason is because she hates doing that stuff. She likes to decide where to go, and then have me plan everything else and use the excuse,
"Well it was my idea to go in the first place, so you can chose the details." And then if things aren't enjoyable, she can complain to me about them.

So I was in this awkward spot of trying to plan the right amount of things. Should I maximize our time there and pack in a lot of stuff, or just kind of go "free form" with it and do what suits us at the second? So I got stressed about it, did more of the latter because I was stressed and didn't want to keep thinking about it and putting in more effort, so in the end I feel like it was just a waste of time and money. And the one thing I really wanted to do (Museum of Natural History) we didn't do because we got there, it had a bit of a line (that was moving pretty fast, honestly) and she decided it was too many people, she was tired, sick of walking, etc... so we went back to our room and did nothing for 3 hours.

Reminds me of when me and my brother went to Whitby for a weekend. My brother had things he wanted to do (Namely the dracula experience) but when we saw the storefront it honestly looked somewhat crummy compared to when we were kids and he lost all enthusiasm for the only thing that he'd had planned. Luckily all the stuff I saw to do was kinda fun, we went on a short history tour/boat ride, visited a monastery ruins and had fun deciphering what some of it used to be before checking the placards to see if we were right (or how far off we were) and we saw a cool thing when walking along the cliff where all the grasses just ended for a stretch with a black, barren 100 square-foot pseudo-desert (calling it that because in that patch there was absolutely no sign of life, the grasses just abruptly stopped) of newly lain sediment. Basically potentially brand new land, (geologically speaking, likely built up over decades or centuries, we just never paid any attention to it before)

That was a fun weekend.

Edit: And yeah, I sympathise. I long stopped caring about mine too.

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 23:30 on Nov 16, 2016

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

This is exactly me and my life every year for the past 5 years. This year it took me a month+ to stop grumbling to myself about how pissed I was about my birthday weekend considering my requests were "eat bbq and do absolutely nothing".

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I'm at my sisters place and the only soft drink she has is diet coke. Life is suffering :smith:

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
diet soda is The Worst

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
I always drink a ton of water before bed then i cant sleep cause i have to pee so often and this is such a dumbass easy problem to solve but for years i have done nothing about it , except complain about needing to pee so frequently at night.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My 30th birthday is very soon and I'm scared that it's going to be boring.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I went to the urgent care because I thought I had pneumonia. I have COPD so that's a big loving deal if I do.

I don't but my lungs still hurt, I'm sniffling out blood, I'm tired all the time, and just want to sleep all the hours every day. However, I'm still capable of doing a mediocre job at work so I'm not calling off. If I did I'd have to make up a meeting about some HR stuff that will probably be incredibly, fantastically boring.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

ANUSTART posted:

I always drink a ton of water before bed then i cant sleep cause i have to pee so often and this is such a dumbass easy problem to solve but for years i have done nothing about it , except complain about needing to pee so frequently at night.

I still do that, but I'm slowly working on breaking the habit. The older I get, the less I'm able to drink before bed without being uncomfortable.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Inzombiac posted:

My 30th birthday is very soon and I'm scared that it's going to be boring.

I'm gonna be 30 in December and everyone is pestering me what kind of party I will do. And honestly the only thing I want to do is maybe go out to a nice place with my GF and family, eat something and that's it.
So now I feel pressured to actually organize something bigger.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I still do that, but I'm slowly working on breaking the habit. The older I get, the less I'm able to drink before bed without being uncomfortable.

It keeps happening and it would be so easy to stop but no, my body wants all this cold water (then more) right now!!! I stay hydrated throughout the day so idk what the deal is but it sucks :wooper:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Amazon is going to handle my Pokemon Sun preorder so it gets shipped, target than delivered, on release day. Meaning it won't get here before Wednesday. I leave for a work trip on Wednesday and I'll be back on Friday, meaning I won't get to play until at least a full week after release day.

My life is suffering.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I'm turning 31 in December and I feel like I should really do something, but I also kinda don't care. :shobon:

It's kinda cold in here but I don't want to get up for more layers or blankets. I'd turn the heater on, but it's a wall unit and I'd have to crawl over my sleeping husband to get to the controls, and I don't want to wake him up.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

ANUSTART posted:

I have the same issue, except I'm doubly dumb about it because immediately after peeing I decide a quick gulp of water from the sink won't hurt, which means I'll probably have to pee again down the line. Which means I'll prolly drink some water before returning to bed.

I blame this all on healthier eating. Bunch of years ago I realized that in addition to eating lovely, I tended to be dehydrated. So part of changing that was just to drink water whenever I'd otherwise snack. Turns out, I took to habitually drinking a lot of water as quickly as I habitually snacked or drank soft drinks.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I just broke my headphones. I did this by taking them off, going to the bathroom, coming back to my chair, and putting them back on. Somehow this has rendered the right earphone so dead that I can't even get a burst of janky static by loving with the wires or something.

I'm so mad. I have the worst luck with headphones. I specifically got these ones because they were supposed to be real tough and rugged. And they loving broke because ??????

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I wake up every morning with a headache.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

I wake up every morning with a headache.

Is your room well-lit? I was able to cut down on morning headaches by darkening my room and the occasional eye mask. I figure I was frowning in my sleep due to the sun, and it's made my life a lot better.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I realized that I should have just called off but instead I had to drive to a meeting while sick, suffer the whole time at work, and feel like a lazy nitwit because I got gently caress all done. I could have been a responsible adult and slept a lot and rested so I could start getting better. Instead I was a responsible adult and hauled my rear end in to work.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

MisterBibs posted:

Is your room well-lit? I was able to cut down on morning headaches by darkening my room and the occasional eye mask. I figure I was frowning in my sleep due to the sun, and it's made my life a lot better.

It could also be your pillow. If it's at the wrong height it will be loving with your neck.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

ANUSTART posted:

I have a 1 1/2-hour commute home from work so I have to stop drinking water a couple of hours before I leave work so I don't have to pee on the train. :smith:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MisterBibs posted:

It is well-lit but I wake up at that time anyway. Maybe I should black out the room and get a sunrise alarm to make it more predictable.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Who knows, it couldn't hurt.

My FWP of the day: I bought a new tablet to replace the one I've lost*, and while it's better than my old one, some things on it are going to take time to get used to. The device is designed with the buttons on the side instead of the bottom, the volume buttons are designed accordingly (so hitting the left side of the volume controls makes the volume go up, and vice versa), and some games I've reloaded inexplicably run worse or look different than my old device..

* I'm beginning to think that it's somewhere in my apartment or something, because I sent a erase request to it that should've kicked off the minute it connected to the internet. The device is still on my list of devices, so either ADM leaves it on my list, hasn't been connected to the internet, or is somewhere I'm missing and has quietly drained itself out since I've lost it. I have this dread that the day after I can return this new tablet, I'll find my old one.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 03:41 on Nov 18, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I got a new phone against my will.
"How do you get a new phone against your will?" By having no idea that you were getting upgraded in the first place! I was in the doctors' office reading The Silmarillion via data when the data turned off (because they were de-activating that phone and transferring my number to the new one).
Me: "What the gently caress?"
Mom: "Oh yeah, you and your dad have had those old phones for long enough, you're getting upgrades."
:confuoot: I mean, it's certainly faster than the old one, but the old one wasn't slowing down, had no cracks in the screen, wasn't having any issues that necessitated replacing it. I just feel wasteful.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I bought a OnePlus 3 last week. Today I read about the OnePlus 3T.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Learned this evening that my wife doesn't know who the Wu Tang clan is :negative:

This ties into a larger FWP of my wife never understanding any of the pop culture references that I make

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What did you guys even talk about before being married if not the Wu Tang Clan?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

the natural gas delivery charge is 4x more than the amount of gas we use for the furnace/hot water :argh:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
The bus drivers never lower the step for me even though I'm almost always carrying a ton of bags of heavy poo poo, but at the same time lowers the step for random healthy people. I guess I look like a hobo so he doesn't care?

E: also when I start wearing my puffy winter coat (and not carrying a ton of poo poo) no one ever wants to sit next to me, even if the bus is packed. Yes I do take showers.

Maybe I'll make friends with the hobo camp near my apartment...

E2: there are kids ~2-8yo at that hobo camp. What kind of shifty 1st world poo poo makes kids live at the hobo camp. Luckily some good person bought them nice tents but still :(

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 17:03 on Nov 19, 2016

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I'm hungry but other people are making their lunch right now.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
It's winter jacket weather, and I just remembered that my favorite winter jacket has a hole on the inside pocket, and not in a way I can just restich it.

I love this jacket. Dense, bunch of pockets, has a built-in hoodie top...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bought a book a couple days ago and after I bought it I checked my email and found out the book store had emailed me a coupon that expires tomorrow. I didn't want to waste the coupon so I bought a book I'm not gonna read for awhile because I haven't even started the book I already bought.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I have Indian neighbors that pretty regularly cook dinners that smell absolutely goddamned fantastic but I'm too much of a reclusive programmer type to actually ask about what it is and how they make it. There's a store that specializes in Indian food not far away but it isn't near anything else I ever have to go to so I'd be going out of my way. I could probably go there to ask about Indian food but I also get the feeling that it's going to be full of stuff I'm allergic to. Another first world problem is that there's like a bajillion Thai restaurants here and what little Thai food I've tried was so, so good but my allergies caused problems.

I think I'm the only white guy (well, white-ish) on the floor and I worry that my neighbors think I'm a racist because I'm not in the habit of being outgoing and neighborly. I'm just extremely not social.

That is such a first world problem. I love Asian food but there's just so drat much seafood in it.

I know that I probably should talk to other humans more often but I just plain don't want to. I barely even talk to my coworkers.

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 05:15 on Nov 20, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If you can not be a creep, just ask them. Most Indian people I know (the older ones at least) LOVE talking about food.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Inzombiac posted:

If you can not be a creep, just ask them. Most Indian people I know (the older ones at least) LOVE talking about food.

Yeah but that would involve saying words to another human.

I don't like doing that.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Google Indian recipes then.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

There's some disgusting weirdo who lives near me and I can hear at all hours of the day and night through my kitchen and bathroom windows making revolting phlegmy throat-clearing, hawking and spitting noises. Morning, midday, evening and night, every day.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'm just getting over a cold and I need to go grocery shopping for a full buy. Meats, veggies, center store stuff, everything. My current dilemma is it's Sunday, and grocery stores are notorious for having dick all left over on a Sunday.

I have to wait till Monday to buy all the delicious wonderfulness of easily found food and beverages I can afford to and wish to buy. I have to wait till Monday to get more tea.

I also get 10% off my next grocery visit.

OH WHOA IS ME!

VendaGoat has a new favorite as of 20:05 on Nov 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
In keeping with the title of the thread, I haven't taken a normal poo poo since the election. Just nothing but anxiety diarrhea.