Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

AweStriker posted:

How is anyone even supposed to handle Vinuskar, anyway? I tried, but it does wtfdamage wtfast and if it decides to use Bite on any of its first three or so turns whoever it hits is basically dead.

I think it's almost purely physical. If you can't handle the damage, RW a wall and use RMs like Zell's Raw Power on your healers to get help get Protectga off before he attacks. As a side note, I feel so goddamn lucky to have Cleansing Strike and native SG :blush: I almost never lose fights just based on incoming damage any more with my A-Team. I got Goddess's Bell from the FF2 event too and it made Nightmare Necrophobe doable. If you guys didn't know, by the way: SBs like Goddess's Bell that put ATK/MAG debuffs, as well as things like Faris's Magic and Power Breakdown burst commands, will trigger the Necrophobe barriers. I got Mastery by the skin of my teeth because of this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i figured that vinuskar was a bit of an rear end in a top hat after he did three sword dances in less time than it took my healer to cast a medica in response to the first one.

my second attempt he petrified Cecil, in spite of his resist accessory, with a single cast of Break. 33% base chance my rear end.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Shock Trooper posted:

Can't survive one hit of Bite? I mean sure, it was doing 4200+ before I could get mitigation up, on my first attempt it hit Vaan twice in a row and killed him, even with synergy bonus HP. On the second try it didn't pick on the same person and I was able to get Protectga and SG up, and from there the fight went swimmingly with further debuffs. The repeated Sword Dances for ~1000 were starting to add up but then Eiko got her BSB.

If you still can't survive the first Bite, maybe put Amarant's Draw Fire RM on a tanky character? Would still be dangerous unless they're in the back row though.

Bite was doing about 5k a pop to my frontline characters, enough to instagib Tidus or leave Cloud or Ramza a stiff breeze away from death.

I have native SSII and basically never leave without it, but I probably should kick Tidus for Agrias on account of Cleansing Strike when I try it again. Although I think I had them both.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
So I ventured into the event and was able to get Serah, Vanille, and Snow, but the next level raped me so I guess that's it for that. I also got enough Mithril to do my first 11 pull (should I have done this?). I pulled on the Realms banner because that post that dude linked said to. I got a Guard Stick, some Cats Claws, and some kind of 4* Spear that I can't remember the name of, along with a bunch of 3* junk probably. I don't have Aeris yet, but I assume I'll get her working my way through realms.

Was this a good pull? Should I be saving for 11 pulls? Should I be pulling on the realms banner? There's like 35 banners to pull from, and I don't understand what any of the text on them means.. soooo yea.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

McSpankWich posted:

So I ventured into the event and was able to get Serah, Vanille, and Snow, but the next level raped me so I guess that's it for that. I also got enough Mithril to do my first 11 pull (should I have done this?). I pulled on the Realms banner because that post that dude linked said to. I got a Guard Stick, some Cats Claws, and some kind of 4* Spear that I can't remember the name of, along with a bunch of 3* junk probably. I don't have Aeris yet, but I assume I'll get her working my way through realms.

Was this a good pull? Should I be saving for 11 pulls? Should I be pulling on the realms banner? There's like 35 banners to pull from, and I don't understand what any of the text on them means.. soooo yea.

Save up 50 mythril for Black Friday, and pull on the lucky banner. Then pull on the Keeper's Choice Soul Breaks Vol. 2. There are really, really good items to pull from, and you get to choose a free 5 star piece of armor.

3 star stuff is absolutely not junk if you're just getting started. You'll notice that every piece of equipment corresponds to a specific final fantasy game. I'm assuming the Guard Stick is Aerith's, which means the equipment is from FFVII. Whenever you are in an FFVII dungeon, that weapon gets a massive stat boost, called realm synergy. It will take a long, long time for you to get enough 4 and 5 star equipment for each realm. Your 3 star stuff seems worthless at first, but with realm synergy they'll be nearly as strong as 5 star equipment without realm synergy.

e: realm lucky draws are always good. Only 25 mythril for 11 relics. This is always valuable in the early game. That was a good decision.

U-DO Burger fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 18, 2016

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
Also you can Combine copies of the same equipment.

This is generally novelty with 1* and 2*, and for quite a while you probably aren't going to want to with 5*, but 3*/4* gear... basic rule of thumb is that, if you Combine three copies of one, I find it's about as good overall as a baseline version of the next star level up, especially if you Reforge it(takes an appropriate star level Dark Matter you can buy off the Fat Chocobo and a lot of Gil, wouldn't prioritize this starting out). It can be very useful, especially since good armor is rarer than good weapons.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Got Yang's gloves from the Dollar Pull.

Not bad, I suppose. Self sufficient. Lifesiphion to SSB, then use Meteor Crush

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Dollar pull was off banner mystery veil :v: see this is fine because shared medicas are quite good and I should really get around to doing CMs one day

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Rainbow on the dollar pull! It sparkles!

...Yang's fist. :suicide:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Anyone else ever had the issue where launching the app just goes to a black screen and doesn't advance further?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Servaetes posted:

...Yang's fist. :suicide:

Imperil Earth isn't a bad thing when there is a 5 star 2 hit Earth skill for monks.

Heck, it has a 50% ATK boost so you can slap him on say, a Mage team and use Earth spells to further take advantage of said imperil

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Two rainbows on the 11-pull!

... Yang's Fist and Porom's Hat. Was hoping for either Kain or Rydia's BSB, but all things considered, I'm okay with what I got.

Plus there's still the Lucky Draw next week.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
What is this "dollar pull?"

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

You can use 100 gems one time on most banners(which=1$ for the most part) to get one item chance off it.

It's pretty much the most efficient way to spend real cash on the game(by a non-trivial amount, yet).

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

TG Cid is a ways out from Minfilia 1.

HOWEVER

Right after Minfilia 1 is a XIII event, and on its second banner is Raines' BSB, which is nutso crazy good. Minfilia 1 is also concurrent with OSBfest, which has many many good things in it.

Four events later, to be specific. It goes Minfilia/Alphinaud -> Lightning OSB -> Zidane OSB -> Seymour -> TG Cid.

Of course I'm planning on pulling on Zidane OSB 2 at least, maybe Lightning OSB 1 too if I need more synergy to beat the Ultimates. My mythril hoard will be running pretty dry by the time TG Cid hits unless I get the good stuff from OK/XIV quickly.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Dr Pepper posted:

Imperil Earth isn't a bad thing when there is a 5 star 2 hit Earth skill for monks.

Heck, it has a 50% ATK boost so you can slap him on say, a Mage team and use Earth spells to further take advantage of said imperil

Yeah, I reckon there's that, it's just... yknow, Yang kinda sucks. Not exactly one of my favorites from FF4.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Decided to spend 100 mythril here. Praying for Kain's BSB.

Ended up with Rydia's Whip, Yang's Fist, Porom's Staff AND Hat, and an off-banner XII shield with a shared Protectga.

I didn't have any SB for Rydia, and Yang's SSB seems to synergize nicely with that. I just may have to hone Chain Stonega and build up an earth team now. Kinda bummed about snagging two of Porom's dealies though, because I already have uber-healer Rosa's SSB. White Mage in IV realms is basically locked down. I'm not quite sure if I can even slide Porom into a CM team at all because I have Decil's boostga already.

I'm just mostly bummed I didn't get Kain's BSB, but I suppose I have another chance at that next week. For now, gonna hold off my mythril for the III event next week.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm trying to get Cloud's RM2 (the free soul break gauge one) and it feels like it's taking forever. Do I have to do anything special other than have him in my party?

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm trying to get Cloud's RM2 (the free soul break gauge one) and it feels like it's taking forever. Do I have to do anything special other than have him in my party?

e: Misread.

Yeah, you just gotta get lucky.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

You do also have to have all previous Record Materia for that character.

The one before that for Cloud has a pretty specific/weird condition IIRC.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SageAcrin posted:

You do also have to have all previous Record Materia for that character.

The one before that for Cloud has a pretty specific/weird condition IIRC.

Oh, well that'll do it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

paperwind posted:

I'm not quite sure if I can even slide Porom into a CM team at all because I have Decil's boostga already.

DCecil and Porom's boostgas stack.

DCecil is just a ATK boost, while Porom's is an ATK+MND+CRT boost.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
To those complaining about Yang's Fists, I'll gladly take yours. :argh:

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

I went backwards and counted.....now at a 39 streak of not getting a 5* from 100 gem pulls and counting :smith:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
I ended up getting a VIII Metal Knuckles from my 100 gem. A bit of a letdown, but VIII is one of my weakest realms so synergy is always appreciated.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I want to pull on this banner, but I only have 300 mythril, I must stay strong for OK/OSBfest/XIV/Raines/Orlandeau :qq:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I want to pull on this banner, but I only have 300 mythril, I must stay strong for OK/OSBfest/XIV/Raines/Orlandeau :qq:

Same as heck, but with 200 and just OK.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

kalensc posted:

Anyone else ever had the issue where launching the app just goes to a black screen and doesn't advance further?

I had this yesterday. Cleared the cache, reinstalled the app, still not working. The solution was to wait for a minute and then the app finally advanced from the black screen to the title screen. Works fine now

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Dr Pepper posted:

DCecil and Porom's boostgas stack.

DCecil is just a ATK boost, while Porom's is an ATK+MND+CRT boost.

Porom's actually stacks with literally everything in the game. The problem is that, when you're using that ... your healer isn't healing. Which is usually a problem on any fight where you really care about a stacking attack buff. And Porom doesn't have the skillset to do anything but heal or buff.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
100 gems for me are either crap I won't be using at this point(or stuff that is quickly outdated) or a really good 5*

My 100 gem draw was the former as usual.

11 pulls though are pretty kind to me!

Sir Bruce
Jul 8, 2004

The Kain event is a good time to wonder and gripe why FFIV-vintage Cid isn't in the game yet!! :argh:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
got the kain BSB from the dollar pull

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Zurai posted:

Porom's actually stacks with literally everything in the game. The problem is that, when you're using that ... your healer isn't healing. Which is usually a problem on any fight where you really care about a stacking attack buff. And Porom doesn't have the skillset to do anything but heal or buff.

Porom's ATK/MND/Crit boostga feels more like something you'd set up as a roaming warrior than something you'd want your dedicated healer running for normal content.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Sir Bruce posted:

The Kain event is a good time to wonder and gripe why FFIV-vintage Cid isn't in the game yet!! :argh:
Shortly after Orlandeau, friend.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Zurai posted:

True. That's where other relics need to come in.

For instance, Paperwind has Rosa's SSB. Rosa has Support 4, so slap her bow on her, give her a good bracer and an ATK accessory and her Breakdowns will do decent damage. With that they can have a CM Team of DCecil/Porom/Rosa/Yang/Other FFIV physical character. Throw out the stacking boostgas, use Rosa's Medica when needed.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Nov 18, 2016

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Here we go again boiz, cmon RK gimme dat RAIDEN stick

1st pull:Tellah's stick
2nd loving Tellah stick
3rd Pull:Twin star and dream harp
4th Pull: Dream Harp and a loving FF9 out of banner chakram
5: FF12 armor out of banner and Yang's gloves

well played FFRK gods. I got some good stuff, but I couldnt care less. Literally only cared about Slipnir's tail

E:got 1 more shot:
4 5*'s
FF7 gold Armlet
not 1, but 2 Tellah stick
Yang gloves
and Twin star

and with that, I bid so long guys, I am done with this game for good if its going to give me a giant gently caress you like this.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 18, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Shoenin posted:

2nd loving Tellah stick

well played FFRK gods. I got some good stuff, but I couldnt care less. Literally only cared about Slipnir's tail

4 5*'s
FF7 gold Armlet
Yang gloves
and Twin star

and with that, I bid so long guys, I am done with this game for good if its going to give me a giant gently caress you like this.
Exhibit A: Why we do not chase a single relic, no matter how much we want it

e: With 6 11-pulls, you still have only a 66.15% chance of getting your chase relic, so while that's unlucky, it's by no means a giant gently caress you.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Shoenin posted:

2nd loving Tellah stick

4 5*'s
FF7 gold Armlet
Yang gloves
and Twin star

never chase a single relic, ever

Edit: also, Sleipnir Tail will probably be on the guaranteed BSB banner, so I'd have at least waited for that

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 18, 2016

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I chased Lightbringer VI and got literally every relic on the banner but it.

Never chase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

I won't lie, I'll be a bit disappointed if I don't get OK BSB in two 11-pulls, but that's still just a 30.31% chance, so I'll be perfectly happy with Luneth's BSB, OK's SSB, or Arc's new SSB.

• Locked thread