Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

3v3 is gay as hell since everyone only picks roadhog

Cant blame anyone for wanting to ride the Hog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

i only played with synthy and i think wheely? anyway we won all our games it was fun

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I was wrong about the Torb changes being bigtime fail. Theyre actually awesome. This update is da tits.

His faster hammer swings are a big deal for playing him on attack.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

His faster hammer swings are a big deal for playing him on attack.

Yea, and the ult changes mean you can place throwaway lv1 turrets and not just feed ult to the enemy team.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Had an epic Koth where we were completely pwning 2-0 and then one of our guys left and we had to slowly lose 3-2.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

i only played with synthy and i think wheely? anyway we won all our games it was fun

we pwned rear end

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

pharah is the real new class jesus

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

TFW play of the game is the entire 3v3 round

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

pharah is the real new class jesus

S76 powns her.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Had an epic Koth where we were completely pwning 2-0 and then one of our guys left and we had to slowly lose 3-2.

Koth, Koth never changes. (saying "Koth" out loud looking at my phone)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ncs can confirm im a badass pharah and a horrible ana

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm going to work on my Zarya now since her gun feels better and more like a LG after the patch.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Did they change her beam somehow? This is the second time i've heard that they did.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

ncs can confirm im a badass pharah and a horrible ana

The round after you left I went 31-2 as D.Va. She's badass now

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The changes sound good i wanna hop on but ill probably spend the whole night individually placing thousands of rocks and plants in Planet Coaster

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

The changes sound good i wanna hop on but ill probably spend the whole night individually placing thousands of rocks and plants in Planet Coaster

If I didn't just buy all the Sim 4 DLC because I forgot that was coming out I would be doing that as well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lmfao

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

my first 3v3 game was against a torb+symmetra+sombra; they set up a base in their spawn and sombra cloaked out, shot someone, and then recalled back into their base repeatedly

they went 3-0... :(

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I can't believe how popular it is. It's such a shame of a mode.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theyre hearing the complaints about no healthpacks and will probably do something about it, soon. there has to be something to actually contest otherwise it's just a target practice map lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think the only way to make a mode like that cool is just have quake style asymmetrical maps with different powerups in different places on it that if you don't pick them up you're going to eventually lose. Health packs is stupid because there's healers.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

An ult charge powerup would be perfect.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Having torb armor/ult boost/damage boost backs would be cool yeah

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it's the only existing powerup atm. yeah something that just gives you your ult would be awesome, or a damage powerup. wonder if they'd introduce stuff like that to other maps

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

torb is awesome now lol. he actually works on offense because he can quickly setup a firebase and overall gains scrap for armor packs a lot faster

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

1v1 duel should be two random characters face off instead of both players using the same one. it's really boring

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

1v1 duel should be two random characters face off instead of both players using the same one. it's really boring

That would be worse if you got paired against a character that is a hard counter against you. Like picking up Winston vs Roadhog or McCree

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there are certain matchups and mirror matches that are fun, and others that are very boring. they're all obvious and it's so weird that bliz completely ignored this lol

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

pharah v pharah is the best possible matchup

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Dongicus posted:

pharah v pharah is the best possible matchup

That sounds fun... i bet the Junkrat mirror would be cool too. I've played it twice tho and got Mei Vs Mei both times and it was not fun at all

Oh btw if anyone's reading this thread for some reason and doesn't have the game they're doing another free weekend starting tomorrow. You get access to everything in the game, no limits.

As for everyone else....... let the noob slaughter begin :D

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=81474

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=139627
https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=114608
https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=215823

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
That's win.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol theyre having a sale for over watch but only for the origins edition. the game is still 40 bucks

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I just have to thank Blizzard so drat much for unleashing this upon the world.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

theyre hearing the complaints about no healthpacks and will probably do something about it, soon. there has to be something to actually contest otherwise it's just a target practice map lol

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752065426?page=2#post-29

Jeff "I never played classic FPS games" Kaplan posted:

To address some of your requests more specifically, the map actually does have health packs. But through our playtesting we decided to disable them (with the thought that eventually in Custom Game you can re-enable them someday). The health packs created a very weird meta game that involved a lot of running/kiting and territory control. We tried them with their normal respawn time and we also tried them never respawning. Eventually, we just removed them altogether because we felt that the purity of the match outweighed the evolving strategies that revolved around health pack control. Also, the matches dragged out more...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I just have to thank Blizzard so drat much for unleashing this upon the world.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Created a very weird meta where you have to move around the map and think about what's going on... Not what we're interested in in our stupid 3v3/1v1 clown mode.

• Locked thread