Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

It's alright guys David Brock is gonna save us
https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/799416327584837632

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

all of these people are overwhelmingly useless

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015
didn't they already do this for the election

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jaminjami posted:

didn't they already do this for the election

Hillary gathered $1 billion dollars only to lose.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

I wish him well with this.

If it works we may spare him for now.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

guillotine party

I think that is too extreme we can let them prove themselves.

Gulag party.

BrownClown
Dec 7, 2007

Will rap for smash leaks
https://twitter.com/OurRevolution/status/799450564912246786

Oh Bernie. :3:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i feel like it would be vastly more helpful and productive to turn the democratic party into something besides a black hole for rich liberals' money, such as an actual workers' party
so gently caress david brock he can take his cash and eat it while the world melts

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Fullhouse posted:

i feel like it would be vastly more helpful and productive to turn the democratic party into something besides a black hole for rich liberals' money, such as an actual workers' party
so gently caress david brock he can take his cash and eat it while the world melts

none of those people want a helpful and productive actual workers party

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

I bet you just need to try. Also try watching Huey long videos.

there are precious few of these on yt, are you sitting on a trove?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i understand this but i don't want otherwise hopeful people to get suckered back into "well maybe if we raise more money, we can do better next time!!!"
that was never the problem. money didn't matter

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Can we at least try to get some use out of our useful idiots before we purge them?

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Fullhouse posted:

i understand this but i don't want otherwise hopeful people to get suckered back into "well maybe if we raise more money, we can do better next time!!!"

ummm are you sure that we didn't just need more commercials of Trump saying outrageous things?

I'm Hillary Clinton and I approve this message.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Clintonites on Facebook are livid right now about Bernie not joining the Democratic Party.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/306528-sanders-wont-join-democratic-party

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm trying to find the county level info on the Democratic state websites and holy gently caress these people do not care if people want to get involved in the party

The gently caress

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Rand alPaul posted:

Clintonites on Facebook are livid right now about Bernie not joining the Democratic Party.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/306528-sanders-wont-join-democratic-party

they should realize that..... maybe the fact that he's an independent strongly correlates to his popularity but lol nothing matters

BrownClown
Dec 7, 2007

Will rap for smash leaks

Rand alPaul posted:

This makes me happy. I hope he never formally joins, but I'm guessing he will next term.

anime was right posted:

they should realize that..... maybe the fact that he's an independent strongly correlates to his popularity but lol nothing matters

This too.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

etalian posted:

Hillary gathered $1 billion dollars only to lose.

She had an insurmountable disadvantage though, being a vampire and all

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
*has most popular politician in the entire country on your side because of issues and not because of team politics*

"why isnt he joining our team and besmirching his name making it harder for him to help us!??!?!?!?"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

anime was right posted:

yeah and the Dems need him for legitimacy for other races

how many decades in Congress does it take for you to lose "outsider" status?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

BrownClown posted:

This makes me happy. I hope he never formally joins, but I'm guessing he will next term.

The Democrats sort of have an understanding with Bernie: "Caucus with us, and we won't challenge your seat".

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rand alPaul posted:

Didn't he join the party back in the primary? and he's on the senate dem leadership.....? what the gently caress is this even about

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Venom Snake posted:

Didn't he join the party back in the primary? and he's on the senate dem leadership.....? what the gently caress is this even about

keeping the I-VT after his name on cspan, its the only thing this affects

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

he left the party again and will be an independent in the senate but also on dem leadership

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

he left the party again and will be an independent in the senate but also on dem leadership

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Fullhouse posted:

exactly. money itself is nowhere near enough. we need passion and drive behind it, or it's worthless. people have to deserve any money i send to them, instead of just asking for it and then turning around and spending it on the dem establishment or whatever. that's why i donate to the ACLU and Planned Parenthood, or to Patreons or this one fundraiser for helping trans people get updated passports. they've proven that they care and are dedicating themselves to things that matter.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Lemming posted:

I'm trying to find the county level info on the Democratic state websites and holy gently caress these people do not care if people want to get involved in the party

The gently caress

Me too. My new theory is that the moment it was clear trump won they were all raptured.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

skylined! posted:

Me too. My new theory is that the moment it was clear trump won they were all raptured.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JQYyjVzpW7ur_g1u17NdewQzVzh2EaPVxpCLD2Il4hw/edit?usp=sharing

if you feel like trying to fill out any info

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I'm not even sure why anyone would care. Dudes looking to have a full take over of the party at this point.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Jon Stewart on Trump supporters.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
As far as I can tell the Democrats are actively discouraging people from getting involved in their party. Literally that is the only explanation I have for why it seems so difficult to find out ANYTHING for so many places.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

skylined! posted:

this does explain why many of the local party websites last updated the monday before the election...

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Well What Now posted:

Can we at least try to get some use out of our useful idiots before we purge them?

It's us, we're the useful idiots
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVSRm80WzZk

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lemming posted:

As far as I can tell the Democrats are actively discouraging people from getting involved in their party. Literally that is the only explanation I have for why it seems so difficult to find out ANYTHING for so many places.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Asking Bernie to join the Democratic party , and drop his Independent title is like [wrestling reference]

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

thats u reading my posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

If I ran a lemonade stand the way Democrats run their party at the local level I would somehow be a million dollars in debt to the mob

• Locked thread