Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Chomp8645 posted:

Wanted to share a little something with you guys. I've been playing the new Master of Orion (it's ok) and they made the very nice touch of creating individual portraits for all of your spies, for every race. Like each agent gets a unique, race specific portrait with no duplication as far as I can tell even with a roster of 10+ agents. I've playing the Alkari (space birds) and these are some of my agents.

It's a small thing but it goes so far is making the universe feel polished and attaching you to the in-game atmosphere. Why can't all 4x games do this!

The bird with the eyepatch rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Delta rules.

Also who is getting Pokémon tonight?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why would an alien pick a name like India? Does their planet have an India too?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

looks like they're all named after military letters like foxtrot for F and hotel for h

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Holy poo poo you guys, Dragon's Dogma runs better on my laptop than Grim Dawn does. Low settings, but who cares! I have stabbed a manticore and broken my neck jumping off a wall! It's great!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Chimera

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

:sigh:

Chimera. Not Manticore.

I did forget how easily distracted I am by sidequests. Gotta find this book! Gotta pick these flowers!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I'm just a pedantic nerd.

Make sure to do the quest "Lost and Found" sooner than later. It becomes unavailable very quickly and locks you out of some stuff later on.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I'm just a pedantic nerd.

Make sure to do the quest "Lost and Found" sooner than later. It becomes unavailable very quickly and locks you out of some stuff later on.

Ah, thanks!

I'm going to see if I can't make a list of missable sidequests / when they end, so I won't screw myself out of finishing something by accident.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

ponyo's story was hard for me to get into despite the amazing amination but yeah the rest is gold

Same, and for Totoro too but I saw both as an adult and they're aimed towards very young children.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Maybe it's like indigo but a girl or native brown like indios.

Also started Witcher 2 tonight, it's real good and only 15 minutes in there's also breasts so that's nice, as well.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij7rUrNUbNQ

SWAPNOTE IS BACK

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Leroy Dennui posted:

That's the only ending, yes unless you don't move around when the "End?" graphic pops up, but most people instinctively do.

There's an unused sprite that says something along the lines of "HAPPY END", so who knows what the hell was planned for the game originally; I'm thinking the original ending had worse implications and that graphic was meant to be sarcastic.

Yeah I did do that until the credits started to roll. Oh well.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

fyallm posted:

Hahaha is that the one in forest fair mall?

Nah, there's two. One is a bar with some cabinets and consoles and stuff. I haven't been to the one you're talking about but I think it's just an arcade?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Dragon's Dogma tries to present the fight against the Hydra as serious and cool and all that

But right before it I got a pawn named Pure Pawnage with a hilariously silly high-pitched voice that made the battle too ridiculous for me to take seriously. "Aim for the head, Arisen!" and then that exploding barrel and the soldiers all "you did this???" and okay, Dragon's Dogma, okay, I'm charmed. :allears:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sims mods are still quite a thing.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sorry to doublepost, but this exists.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i took my wife to get pokemon moon at midnight and whoops somehow i ended up with a copy of sun

the last pokemon game that held my attention until the end was emerald

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Lizard Wizard posted:

We didn't need to know about it though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bloodychill posted:

RUDE

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR POKEY MANS!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bloodychill posted:

NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR POKEY MANS!

I'M GONNA PICK THE OWL AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME DAD

MAYBE I... I LIKE GRASS TYPES. THAT'S RIGHT DAD, YOUR OWN SON! A GRASS TYPE LOVER!!!!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

bloodychill posted:

Idunno, I kinda dig the deconstructionist aspect.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Hey, potentially dumb question: are there any mods for Dragon's Dogma I should have or be aware of? I know for Dark Souls you need at least one to fix the port, but Dragon's Dogma's running so smoothly I don't need anything....but I might as well ask.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

precision posted:

I'M GONNA PICK THE OWL AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME DAD

MAYBE I... I LIKE GRASS TYPES. THAT'S RIGHT DAD, YOUR OWN SON! A GRASS TYPE LOVER!!!!

the grass type starter is the best one this time around, but popplio is real cute too

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Satoshi Kon is a good director, RIP, I really enjoyed Tokyo Godfathers. It is a wonderful movie and I liked being able to see how Japan's homeless issue was different from my own experiences with it in America. It's pretty neat, tho sad.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Tokyo Godfathers is probably like straight up the best Christmas movie

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's probably the best christmas anime film, I'll give it that at the least. I can understand why people wouldn't want to watch it for christmas tho since it's not really family friendly in some places.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
That's what makes it good!

The second best is of course a Wonderful Life

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Yo for real though Swapnote's back

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My all time favorite is always going to be Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I grew up watching those stop-motion rankin bass stuff so much and I'll always be able to sit down and rewatch them, they never get old for me. Janky and aged, sure, but I love them all the same.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'm reasonably sure Rankin and Bass are why I love stop motion today, the jank is charming

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't know if it plays good but I love the fake stop-motion effects they have in that one game that's like a sci fi b-movie.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
That's a lot of effort to go through for a mock up but it gives an interesting look at how the switch controller locking mechanisms might work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvmM6ihpnbw

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Looper posted:

the grass type starter is the best one this time around, but popplio is real cute too

Grass boy is good I'll give him that, but does he have...

THE DARKEST LARIAT!

I love my goofy spinning T-pose boy

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I made a song I like that's not in Rock Band into a Rock Band song. I don't plan on uploading it anywhere (although I probably will record a video of it for my Youtube channel) so I didn't bother making the other instruments, just expert guitar. I also don't have drums or a keyboard and I can't sing so I couldn't do those anyway. Why did I learn how do this then, you ask? I dunno, I can do anything and I wanted to play the song in Rock Band so I figured I may as well try it. And it was fun, and surprisingly easy! Tomorrow I'm gonna export it into a playable format and stick it on my 360.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

This owns. What's it called?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Great Joe posted:

This owns. What's it called?

I'm gonna take a guess and say:

PantyShot

corn in the bible