Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

The augmented reality Pokemon game for Android could have been AR Pokemon Snap, instead we got a Pokemon game with no gameplay. In the Switch game, you'll look for Pokemon in the wild and then have to just watch them watch TV or something instead of being able to photograph them.

Hey You Pikachu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Meteos was so good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Philip Rivers posted:

Meteos was so good

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Philip Rivers posted:

Meteos was so good

you're not wrong

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

luv u Sakurai-san

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Louisgod posted:

The best Tetris game ever made is The New Tetris for the N64, both for the extremely cool music and the ability to turn 8x8 block combinations into bronze or silver cubes that garner you extra points. Easily my favorite puzzle game ever.

This is objectively correct, but have you ever played Disney's Magical Tetris Challenge? Also on N64, great music of a different sort, and if The New Tetris is a perfect racing sim, Magical Tetris is like Mario Kart times Carmageddon. It's strictly vs., and the garbage is increasingly insane pieces. You start out getting some 5-block tetriminoes, so you can do interesting things like get a 5-line Tetris, or Pentris. But eventually it gets to 3x3, 4x4, and even 5x5 blocks that you just have to hope you have room for, and if you survive that it'll give you horrible monstrosities like big triangles and diamonds.

Games tend to be a lot shorter in that one.

SenseLess
May 4, 2007

So, how about a Mario/Rabbids crossover turn based role playing game?

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/11/report-ubisoft-developing-rabbids-mario-crossover-rpg-for-switch-launch-day/

I think i would buy that....

edit: Also, apparently Pokémon Sun and Moon will launch for Switch according to Eurogamer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version

SenseLess fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Nov 18, 2016

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
As long as Rayman stays the gently caress away I'm okay with that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SenseLess posted:

So, how about a Mario/Rabbids crossover turn based role playing game?

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/11/report-ubisoft-developing-rabbids-mario-crossover-rpg-for-switch-launch-day/

I think i would buy that....

edit: Also, apparently Pokémon Sun and Moon will launch for Switch according to Eurogamer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version

Rip 3ds

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I get why Laura claimed that rumor would piss Nintendo off.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Lodin posted:

As long as Rayman stays the gently caress away I'm okay with that.

I hope it gets pretty meta with the fact that the Rabbids aren't content with just trying to ruin Rayman's franchise but are trying to branch out and infect other franchises.

They're more virus than vermin.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Don't care about Rabbids, but I'd gladly play a console Mario rpg

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

no thanks

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
It was originally supposed to be a Mario and Sonic crossover RPG but Mario read over Sonic's RPG credentials and past work and called the deal off.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I hope it gets pretty meta with the fact that the Rabbids aren't content with just trying to ruin Rayman's franchise but are trying to branch out and infect other franchises.

They're more virus than vermin.

Like the Minions of videogaming.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Minions are the only thing worse than Rabbids, but so long as they keep the annoying Rabbids to a minimum, I might tolerate it

More excited for the third version of Sun/Moon being Switch-exclusive though

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

please no

please N O

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4833RI79nE

NO NO NO NO NO NO

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

the only way that will be ok is if in the first 30 seconds Mario hits a pow block that launches all the rabbids on the planet into the sun and you never see them again for the rest of the game

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Welp, with pokemon moving over I might have to actually pay attention to this. Guess this means it will have wifi to make trading and online battling a thing.

Also hoping for a handheld part only/no dock version if its really replacing the 3ds.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Eh, maybe the rabids are a big draw for the kids.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Yeah, I can see why Nintendo may not be the happiest with the Pokemon Stars news coming out today. Oh well dems da breaks. Still gonna get Sun today YOLO.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Avalerion posted:

Welp, with pokemon moving over I might have to actually pay attention to this. Guess this means it will have wifi to make trading and online battling a thing.

Also hoping for a handheld part only/no dock version if its really replacing the 3ds.

Are... you serious?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Who knows? nintendo never mentioned it!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the mario rabbid rpg is turn based in that i'm going to turn it off shortly after starting. give all games a chance

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

why are we calling the pokemon switch game "stars" and not "eclipse" :colbert:

also the rabbids rpg will probably continue the disappointing mario rpg line

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Phone posted:

Are... you serious?

Not sure what you mean but yea? Like I have not had a console other than a 3ds in ages, I thought PS and Xbox have their own online service you have to actually pay to subscribe to.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Avalerion posted:

Not sure what you mean but yea? Like I have not had a console other than a 3ds in ages, I thought PS and Xbox have their own online service you have to actually pay to subscribe to.

Yeah but you still use wifi to connect to them over regular internet, it's not like the Sega channel or some weirdo thing.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The original DS, back in 2004, had wifi.

It's a checklist item now. It's not a feature, it's a given.

Remember a month ago when a bunch of websites were down like Twitter? That was caused by a botnet of internet of things... you know... poo poo that shouldn't have wifi but does, like your washing machine, thermostat, weight scale, or refrigerator.

A Nintendo console has wifi? :monocle:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Nintendo Switch: powered by X-Band

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Avalerion posted:

we live in a brave new world where games get patched and stuff

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Just like the dumb people who thought the Tablet wasn't going to have touch.

People have to get obvious poo poo spelled out to them a bunch.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Dexo posted:

And how they thought that Zelda wasn't going to be delayed. :newlol:

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

hmmm. in my personal opinion, i think Zelda would have been a stronger launch title.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dexo posted:

They actually confirmed a touchscreen?

I don't doubt it'd have one, just that the preview trailer made no notice of one.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Sun/Moon coming to switch was pretty obvious to me via the lack of 3D alone and Nintendo would be doing a disservice by not porting it to the Switch.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's a handheld device with a screen releasing in TYOOL 2k17, it's got touch.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Supercar Gautier posted:

It's a handheld device with a screen releasing in TYOOL 2k17, it's got touch.

Yeah? Says who

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

if i see one more stupid post about "THE TRAILER DIDNT CONFIRM TOUCH OR WIFI"
1000 years of watching the wii u announcement trailer will be your pennance

nintendo learned from their mistake because jesus loving christ is the wii u announcement trailer like 10 minutes of "no dont give us any money for the next 3 years we dont need it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

bef posted:

Yeah? Says who

my souces

• Locked thread