Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Props Department posted:

Drake's comments on Doris during the broadcast made me cringe. He clearly thinks that praising her for her beauty and playing up the crush angle is honoring her, but it minimizes how good she is at her actual job and was really only a short hop away from the Tr*mp Access Hollywood tape. I realize that I'm taking Drake's off-the-cuff lighthearted statements too seriously but it was almost like he was giving her backhanded compliments while pretending to love her.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I'm glad that weirdos can take offense on Doris' behalf because she's clearly not woke enough to understand what's really going on here

https://twitter.com/heydb/status/799092560123875329

This combo made my otherwise not so great day.

Doris dunked on ya Props Department

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Adun posted:

And now we can move forward amicably

Okay well check this out, first of all you're throwing too many big words at me. Because I don't understand them, I'm gonna to take 'em as disrespect. Watch your mouth and help me with the sale.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

extremely my poo poo

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
nm

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

rajon rondo is getting outplayed by the worst basketball player in the Grant family

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

You're such a tease

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I'm glad Adreian Payne is playing (I assume this was garbage time).

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

I made fun of a player mentioned somewhere in the previous 3 pages once and got myself into a heap of financial difficulty because of it. I'm still bitter and will occasionally ragepost something in the white hot heat of the moment before sanity prevails and I edit it out.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

dokmo posted:

I made fun of a player mentioned somewhere in the previous 3 pages once and got myself into a heap of financial difficulty because of it. I'm still bitter and will occasionally ragepost something in the white hot heat of the moment before sanity prevails and I edit it out.

I forgive you

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm glad Adreian Payne is playing (I assume this was garbage time).

Second quarter I think. Wolves have a couple bench injuries so he's unfortunately getting minutes.

Also I am never glad when Adreian Payne is playing.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

edit: mehhhhhhh probably not the best thing to be cavalier about. nm.

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Nov 18, 2016

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

The player had nothing to do with it and probably does not know I exist.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
clint capela?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

itt you are niko mirotic

pump fake

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Does anybody have any kind of analytics article that explains how Andre Drummonds free throw shooting has improved so dramatically since he shaved his shoulders?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
D Wade flopping on the softest screen ever set is killing me

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Texas Teacher Impregnated by 13-Year-Old Student She Had Sex With ‘on Almost Daily Basis’ Pleads Guilty: Report

Clearly Steph Curry has a unique appeal amongst pedophiles. Do you like Steph Curry? You might be a pedophile. Please, seek help before you hurt somebody.

milk milk lemonade posted:

Thibs doesn't care about this, he'll play old players, young players, injury prone players, well-oiled lineups, dysfunctional lineups, etc. all the same amount and he doesn't care what the score is. Someone will eventually trot out some context-less minutes numbers that ignore the fact that he loves keeping players out there when he doesn't need to.

*picture of D. Rose on the floor clutching his knee with 10 seconds to go and his team up 400 but it's okay cause it's a playoffs game*

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That is a weirdly thorough title.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

WhyteRyce posted:

George Karl everyone

Hating Duke is a positive quality

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Glad to see Wiggins go off again. I mean, granted, it's Philly, but he did what you're supposed to do, and he's starting to stuff the stat sheet beyond points which is nice.

Also, as far as his three-point shooting goes...small sample size this season, of course, but from February on last season: 30/75 (40%). It might just be for real.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

EvanTH posted:

*picture of D. Rose on the floor clutching his knee with 10 seconds to go and his team up 400 but it's okay cause it's a playoffs game*

I'm fairly sure Rose's knees were going to explode regardless, but that may be one of those facts milk milk lemonade didn't want people to share and ruin his narrative.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

I'm fairly sure Rose's knees were going to explode regardless, but that may be one of those facts milk milk lemonade didn't want people to share and ruin his narrative.

"Obsessively competitive coach doesn't care what the score is" is a hell of a narrative

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Lockback posted:

repeat from the GDT, but:

He has a young team that keeps falling apart down the stretch, he's trying to get them to keep the same energy on minute 28-36 as they show from minutes 8-16.

Thibs has said he doesn't think minutes matter much. And maybe his team falls apart down the stretch because his players are tired.

Great coach, wish he was still in Chicago. But he's going to run those guys into the ground.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Wiggins is playing 90 seconds more than he did last year per game. Kat is playing the same minutes he was playing Feb-April last year (though I wouldn't mind it if he got down a bit). Can nyou guys dig up your posts about Sam Mitchell playing his players too much, I'd like to compare.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I don't mind Wiggins as much but I don't think 7-footers should be playing those kind of minutes. And using Sam Mitchell as the excuse isn't good because he's a very bad coach.

Compare how he handles minutes to how other good coaches in the league handle minutes. Or just wait till KAT has plantar fascitis in February.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I want the Bulls to figure out a way to get rid of Rondo. They are actually a good team when he doesn't play.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I thought it was pretty established Thib runs his players into the ground.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Niwrad posted:

I want the Bulls to figure out a way to get rid of Rondo. They are actually a good team when he doesn't play.

Honestly he is most likely very upset that the team is doing well without him so he's going to become locker room AIDS at any moment and become completely ostracized, it's a pattern

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I don't even mind his bad offense because he at least can get out in transition a bit and there aren't a ton of options. But his refusal to put in even a tiny bit of effort on defense really hurts the team.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rondora01/on-off/2017

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Hand Row posted:

I thought it was pretty established Thib runs his players into the ground.

Practice minutes are more impactful than game minutes, but we only have anecdotes to measure that.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Niwrad posted:

I don't even mind his bad offense because he at least can get out in transition a bit and there aren't a ton of options. But his refusal to put in even a tiny bit of effort on defense really hurts the team.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rondora01/on-off/2017

Rondo would literally rather lose and get his assists than win anonymously and the only reason he worked on Boston was because "The Big 3" bullied him into compliance due to his young age.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Wiggins is playing 90 seconds more than he did last year per game. Kat is playing the same minutes he was playing Feb-April last year (though I wouldn't mind it if he got down a bit). Can nyou guys dig up your posts about Sam Mitchell playing his players too much, I'd like to compare.

Deng and Noah were playing similar minutes before Thibs as well but :shrug:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I mean if you have S&C coaches around who are fairly competent you can probably hold a team together pretty well running heavy minutes with your young dudes

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Deng and Noah were playing similar minutes before Thibs as well but :shrug:

Deng stayed healthy during his Bulls run, except for when he got spinal meningitis (which I don't think is tied to minutes played).

Niwrad posted:

I don't mind Wiggins as much but I don't think 7-footers should be playing those kind of minutes. And using Sam Mitchell as the excuse isn't good because he's a very bad coach.

Compare how he handles minutes to how other good coaches in the league handle minutes. Or just wait till KAT has plantar fascitis in February.

Kat is playing 35 minutes a game, which is less than Anthony Davis (who has an injury history) and as many as Durant of Giannis did last year, but no one talks about those guys minutes. Marc Gasol played 34.5 last year and is 11 years older and probably 25 lbs heavier. I'd like KAT's minutes a little less, but Thibs IS in line with what other coaches are doing, but that has nothing to do with criticism in today's world. Just say stuff, ignore reality.

Wiggins is playing less minutes than like a half dozen other wings so I don't know how to even start there.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

EvanTH posted:

Texas Teacher Impregnated by 13-Year-Old Student She Had Sex With ‘on Almost Daily Basis’ Pleads Guilty: Report

Clearly Steph Curry has a unique appeal amongst pedophiles. Do you like Steph Curry? You might be a pedophile. Please, seek help before you hurt somebody.

Steph Curry literally looks like a child so this makes sense.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Is there any reality to the notion that its Thibs' practices that kill his guys and not raw minutes in game?

I'm actually asking not smug internet asking

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Lockback posted:

Yah. Plus I know that picture it's 12 points and 70 seconds which isn't ridiculous in the playoffs.

HOWEVER I do see to remember him digging a hole when answering questions about minutes and rest around that time? He may have been receiving information from the Bulls "lock your knees and lift with your back" training staff.

Edit: Mirotic recovering from his knee injury with extremely unsafe form --
https://www.instagram.com/p/BB0n__BxzaZ/

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lessail posted:

Hating Duke is a positive quality

I think Seth just got talked into that and is also maybe trying not to go directly at Noted Really Bad Coach George Karl (who is dumb and bad) for being bad at the many jobs he has held

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I like how the NBA channel keeps posting random highlight clips from the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMoBY5KCAAI

• Locked thread