Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I finished the first island just now and I'm enjoying it for the most part but boy it sucks that enemy trainers seem to have the "one pokemon allowed" rule going on.

I really like the intro animations and how fluid it all is but... please tell me they get more than one pokemon on the upcoming islands.

oh they have way more pokemon later on, oh boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I feel like the low pokemon count on the trainers is some sort of countermeasure against the fact that if you try to catch almost anything it will do the best it can to call its entire extended family and its long arse list of friends into battle before it will give you a chance to throw a ball at it.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

a+ excellent thank you

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
geez puyukumuku is bulky http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/future-gen7ou-636

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
My first wonder trade and I get a hacked Incineroar. I thought this game wasn't hacked yet because of the save profile changes but I guess it is.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Kiranamos posted:

January.

Top page edit: In case anyone is tempted to use Abra, don't. It literally can't attack until level 21.

Wait, really? God, that's depressing, I've put actual effort into prepping a cool team of dudes to transfer for the first time ever, having to decide between sitting on the game for two months (where I have trans-pacific flights scheduled, no less) or forging on without them is going to kill me :(

i caught a bunch of cool shinies and everything :smith:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Disargeria posted:

My first wonder trade and I get a hacked Incineroar. I thought this game wasn't hacked yet because of the save profile changes but I guess it is.

They cracked those long after the demo came out.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Disargeria posted:

Hacked in what way, does it have it's HA?

Also glad I did not get a new 3ds for this.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Wait, really? God, that's depressing, I've put actual effort into prepping a cool team of dudes to transfer for the first time ever, having to decide between sitting on the game for two months (where I have trans-pacific flights scheduled, no less) or forging on without them is going to kill me :(

i caught a bunch of cool shinies and everything :smith:

you can play the game multiple times

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
OP is cute too, A++ anime.
Also I can't play yet and I'm real jealous of all of you.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I'm a physical copy pleb so I'm still waiting for Amazon to drop my copy off.

Step 1: Get a Rowlett

Step 2: Think of a rad name.

Step 3: Wait til nightfall so I can get Rattata-A

Step 4: Name it Faticate probably

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I preloaded last night, but I can't play until ~5PM when I get home from work :negative:

I'm naming my Rowlet "Borb".

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
El Gato Rojo for my wrassling cat

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
All hail the mighty Mewchadore, the wrassle cat.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

I got Moon for my oldest, swinging by BB before picking her up from school. It's a weird feeling in a good way, I remember playing blue for the first time, this franchise is still around and she's about to start. Crazy in a good way.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Vintimus Prime posted:

I got Moon for my oldest, swinging by BB before picking her up from school. It's a weird feeling in a good way, I remember playing blue for the first time, this franchise is still around and she's about to start. Crazy in a good way.

Yeah, I've been playing Pokemon for more than half my entire life. It's kind of crazy to think about.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Where can I find Rockruff? I'm swimming in cats and mice, but doggies are notoriously absent!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pentaro posted:

Where can I find Rockruff? I'm swimming in cats and mice, but doggies are notoriously absent!

After you get Tauros Ride, go back to the lab and go left. You'll get to the area from the demo and that's where you can find doge.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I can't play till Wednesday :smith: Time to live vicariously through this thread until I can start my adventure with Deep Blue Sia.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Avalerion posted:

Hacked in what way, does it have it's HA?

Also glad I did not get a new 3ds for this.

Shiny, level 100, and competitive stats/nature. No HA though, but I'm guessing those might not be available and might flag their legitimacy checks.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Pyrotoad posted:

I can't play till Wednesday :smith: Time to live vicariously through this thread until I can start my adventure with Deep Blue Sia.

This is a very good Popplio name :kimchi:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i'm getting this game in 30 minutes and still don't know what starter i'm choosing

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

Vintimus Prime posted:

I remember back when Pokemon Yellow came out. I came home from school and my parents had got it for me. :)

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

mandatory lesbian posted:

i'm getting this game in 30 minutes and still don't know what starter i'm choosing

Get the owl, he got a bowtie

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Why did they delay EU release for this gen anyway? XY hit world wide at the same time, why not Sun and Moon?

I've got a nine hour day ahead of me before I can head to GameStop and pick up my copy. It's gonna be a long day.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

NeuroticLich posted:

Why did they delay EU release for this gen anyway? XY hit world wide at the same time, why not Sun and Moon?

I've got a nine hour day ahead of me before I can head to GameStop and pick up my copy. It's gonna be a long day.

Punishment for the XY leaks. Don't worry, NA will be joining you soon enough. :v:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Owl is v good and fun in game.

Also will turn its head all the way around and give you the stinkeye if you faff around too long without giving orders :3:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Zore posted:

Owl is v good and fun in game.

Also will turn its head all the way around and give you the stinkeye if you faff around too long without giving orders :3:

My good son who is also an owl :3:

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Can't believe it took me this long to realise the skull was a stylized S.

Also team skull is the best, I love them. They're all a bunch of disaffected youths that just want to be taken seriously, but nobody gives them a second thought. They also have the best lines so far.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Fetus posted:

Punishment for the XY leaks. Don't worry, NA will be joining you soon enough. :v:

Oh, well I'm in NA so at least we're safe for one more generation!

Or half if there is a remake gen in between.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Tugboat Willy posted:

I remember back when Pokemon Yellow came out. I came home from school and my parents had got it for me. :)

My parents took a trip to the US and brought back Pokemon yellow and the yellow blue Pokemon game boy color

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Cicadas! posted:

Can't believe it took me this long to realise the skull was a stylized S.

Also team skull is the best, I love them. They're all a bunch of disaffected youths that just want to be taken seriously, but nobody gives them a second thought. They also have the best lines so far.
The best pokemon teams are entirely made of giant goobers.
See also: Team Galactic Grunts, The Admin of Team Aqua

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
My uncle worked at Nintendo and got it for me early :cool:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
It's such a joy to finally take off the dumb hat!

Also great is the fact that they let you get interesting Pokémon early. You're not just stuck with the obligatory trash rats/birds/bugs and a starter before the first "gym".

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

deadly_pudding posted:

This is a very good Popplio name :kimchi:

:3: My other choice was Weddele.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Mizuti posted:

It's such a joy to finally take off the dumb hat!

I have no idea why X/Y didn't let this, the majority of people I've seen online who have figured out how to change clothes have all removed the hat. Hats are dumb inherently, especially the ones featured in pokemon.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Emalde posted:

I have no idea why X/Y didn't let this, the majority of people I've seen online who have figured out how to change clothes have all removed the hat. Hats are dumb inherently, especially the ones featured in pokemon.

I'm guessing one of the important developers insisted that a mandatory silly hat was an "essential" part of the playable Pokémon trainer image. Good that they've finally cast off that tradition.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
I'm the soulless unfun heathen that doesn't give his Pokemon nicknames

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Mr. Funktastic posted:

A shameful goon :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Question for people that have the game: Is Lillie as adorable in the game as she is in the anime? Because she's the best. :3:

Mr. Funktastic posted:

how do you live with yourself