Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Someone call me when they do this video but with FFXV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats your number

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

What's with this 72 hour boss thing?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Golden Goat posted:

What's with this 72 hour boss thing?

A case of miscommunication between the Square PR guys and the Conan guys it seems like

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

In-game hours.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Nina posted:

Somehow Bio Blaster seems to do nothing when I equip Noctis with it but Prompto can use it just fine. What's up with that

Hit triangle (when standing still?) to spray

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

MrLonghair posted:

Hit triangle (when standing still?) to spray

Oh huh. Still weird that if I try to use the regular attack button Noctis just summons the weapon for a split second and puts it away immediately

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Nina posted:

Oh huh. Still weird that if I try to use the regular attack button Noctis just summons the weapon for a split second and puts it away immediately

It's not a combat-opener as far as I can see, you gotta get close to a target to get more than summon-desummon, can boop the notGiraffes into confusion that way without engaging battle

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Nina posted:

You can use it inside of combat, but not outside of combat. You can’t warp dash with it, you spray poison around instead. Holding the attack button charges up its regular attack.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Augus posted:

A case of miscommunication between the Square PR guys and the Conan guys it seems like

apparently it was a joke the director made in an interview that's being banded around as fact now

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
It'd be nice if the Adamantoise had a campsite on its shell. Attack it all day, pitch a tent on its back at night. Like the 100 Year War (not really at all).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's playable with a patch, so far. The prologue chapter can last an hour or 10 depending on what you want to do.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Sam Faust posted:

You know, I'm starting to get the impression that this actually is a real game that is actually coming out.

Until it's grasped in my trembling pasty fingers I don't believe.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

The street date has been broken in some places so watch out for spoilers.

I got spoiled but the main story is exactly how i expected and hijinks with your party are the meat of the game to me.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Nina posted:

The street date has been broken in some places so watch out for spoilers.

I got spoiled but the main story is exactly how i expected and hijinks with your party are the meat of the game to me.

Where abouts did you see spoilers? I've seen there are photos and vids of unboxing but I kinda assumed there would be some time before real story spoilers.

I don't mind seeing the spoilers too surprisingly, I am pretty sure I know what the beats will be.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Just random comments trying to ruin people's days so the legitimacy is still questionable.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nina posted:

Just random comments trying to ruin people's days so the legitimacy is still questionable.

If you were in the peruvian chat then I was trolling the poo poo out of it. The final boss might or might not be Chaos Noctis and Luna might or might not die in chapter 7. I dont know because I didnt play the drat game yet

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

One fake spoiler that got thrown around with Dark Souls 3 (three weeks from Japan to the rest of the world got it) was that Gwyn was the last boss so consider things you hear to be fake.

(from official sources) News Monday about DLC and things and new shots, like when you have Iris as a guest character and you block, she..

:3::3::3: this game

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 18, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The gwyn example is not what lead with as an example of wrong spoilers

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I have another question, very important, scientific:
  • How many outfits?
Thank you.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

E: Yeahh guess it's better not to mention spoilers at all

Nina fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 18, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Please watch out for spoilers, anyway here are a bunch of spoilers for y'all!!

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Abort abort abort

See ya after November ends

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thank gently caress Lightning is the real protagonist all along.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Noctis is actually Liquid Snake, you didn't hear it from me.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Here's one cool spoiler I heard Gladiolus is hot.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Golden Goat posted:

what the gently caress

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I cannot believe Cidney was secretly a time-travelling chocobo that somehow became human

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Golden Goat posted:

The manbutt can't be spoiled, you can merely share the tales of its bounty and spread the awe

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I'm more than slightly annoyed that this drops the week *after* the week I take off work.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I'm more than slightly annoyed that this drops the week *after* the week I take off work.

Im pissed off it comes out literally the day after I have to go out of state for 3 weeks to deal with work elsewhere.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Im pissed off I cant replace every character with Gladiolus in Cindy's outfit.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

It's a horrible outfit but if it has to be in the game it might as well be on Gladio

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Some of the new official data showed swimsuits of the competition kind so I wouldn't put Cindy style outfits past them. I better practice playing Judgment through PSVR so I can really dedicate two senses to it for the day it arrives.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Demo question: is that alternate outfit that Noct has like his "incognito" gear?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Golden Goat posted:

Im pissed off I cant replace every character with Gladiolus in Cindy's outfit.

:same:

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
My main disappointment with Judgment Disk (after figuring out how the Regalia works) is that Triple Magic isn't hardcoded to automatically cast Fire, Thunder, and Blizzard once each.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

After playing Judgment Disk, I'm fairly confident that this game will be pretty good if nothing else. The second half of the game would really need to poo poo itself fairly hard for it to be bad but I can't see it being bad enough to sink the fun I had in the demo, assuming that's representative of the first half.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The open worldness is more like 85% of the game. It's another mistranslation or misunderstanding of Tabata, as he said the "linear" part of the game is endgame stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Is Justice Monsters V beatable, or is just an endless arcade game?

• Locked thread