Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Glazier posted:

Oh they love him, he's bringing back white strongman rule to Europe and now the U.S. This is all about white people being afraid that their white privilege is being taken away. Look at that video with the white guy flipping his poo poo in Starbucks, he's mad that his coffee isn't made first because "You lost" and "I voted for Trump".

Is this a video or something of this coffee guy?

Edit: found it.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Covok posted:

If you're not a straight white male Christian, you can basically expect to be dead within the next ten years. I'm not exaggerating.

The only way everyone could be dead in 10 years is nuclear war and nukes don't care if you are a white male or not.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Trump's also shown nothing but contempt for the empire-building visions of his predecessors (or, like, the general concept of any part of the outside world that doesn't have one of his hotels on it) so unless someone convinces him Iran is an existential threat or Khamenei called him a pussy I don't know why he'd feel motivated to do anything at all about them.

He only cares about a place if he can slap his name on it, and then he loves it.

He is now in a position where he can slap his name on anything.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

BarbarianElephant posted:

The only way everyone could be dead in 10 years is nuclear war and nukes don't care if you are a white male or not.

He will make the trains run on time.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Nice that we are probably going to do nothing in Syria while blowing up Iran

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

Guys, this is really bad. I don't know if I can overstate how racist, sexist and authoritarian this administration is going to be. This is a very different country now.
No, I don't think it is. It's the same country, just more so. All the worst parts of what we are are now at the fore, but they're not new.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

disjoe posted:

Yeah he said he wants to get rid of PSLF and have all fed loans forgiven no matter your job after 12 or 15 (I can't remember) years.

Guess which one of those two he's probably actually going to do.

I should add, current/past borrowers shouldn't worry because your protections are almost certainly going to be grandfathered in.

For future borrowers, prepare to have different repayment terms for every year you borrow. Embrace chaos!

I'm applying for PSLF right now. I've been planning around it for a long time. If it goes under then I might just say goodbye to this poo poo country.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
So none of these useless senators are going to make a stand against Sessions, right? I don't think Rand Paul has the cojones.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Spell out Trump in nukes across Iran.

Seriously though it's time to drop any notion that President Trump will do anything good for anyone but his racist fuckwad buddies. Even then, the ones sent to fight endless war will come home dead too.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

FactsAreUseless posted:

No, I don't think it is. It's the same country, just more so. All the worst parts of what we are are now at the fore, but they're not new.

I...gently caress, you're right. What we need to do now is react and resist. We are now truly in hell, and we must fight back.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

War with Iran is almost a positive outcome since it would destroy the country (and most of the world). It's much scarier to imagine isolationist America disemboweling itself from the inside.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Crowsbeak posted:

From the Jacobin.
Who's going to execute on this vision? Who's "we"?

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

Mustached Demon posted:

Spell out Trump in nukes across Iran.

Seriously though it's time to drop any notion that President Trump will do anything good for anyone but his racist fuckwad buddies. Even then, the ones sent to fight endless war will come home dead too.

It is pretty funny that the same media experts who were telling us for months Trump couldn't win then declared him to be an isolationist with similar accuracy.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

FlamingLiberal posted:

Nice that we are probably going to do nothing in Syria while blowing up Iran

Iran may not go quite as peachy as we think it is even by pessimistic standards. They have some really advanced anti ship missiles that could feasibly knock out the better part of a carrier group, a fairly competent cyber warfare division, and a location bottlenecking the most important shipping lane in the world. War with them no matter the final W/L is never going to be worth it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

deathbysnusnu posted:

Iran may not go quite as peachy as we think it is even by pessimistic standards. They have some really advanced anti ship missiles that could feasibly knock out the better part of a carrier group, a fairly competent cyber warfare division, and a location bottlenecking the most important shipping lane in the world. War with them no matter the final W/L is never going to be worth it.

What you're saying is Trump Weapons, Trump's new weapon's company with only the best weapons believe me, has a lot to make from a forever war with Iran?

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
Trump can't both go on the offensive on Iran and warm up to Putin at the same time. What is it going to be?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

fits my needs posted:

So which country do you guys think will be invaded first? Syria or Iran? Maybe a two pronged preemptive strike?
None of the above. Flynn is crazy but he also thinks Iraq and Afghanistan were mistakes. He's going to advocate working with Russia and Assad to fight ISIS in Syria. His recent testimony about the Iranian nuclear deal (PDF) is worth a glance.

quote:

“As the Washington Post editorialists have said, regime change in Tehran is the best way to stop the Iranian nuclear weapons program. The same applies to their missile arsenal, which is of high quality and growing.”
Yeah.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Svartvit posted:

Trump can't both go on the offensive on Iran and warm up to Putin at the same time. What is it going to be?

He'll read this and go "JUST WATCH ME."

Covok
May 27, 2013

Gobbeldygook posted:

None of the above. Flynn is crazy but he also thinks Iraq and Afghanistan were mistakes. He's going to advocate working with Russia and Assad to fight ISIS in Syria. His recent testimony about the Iranian nuclear deal (PDF) is worth a glance.

Yeah.

So, no war with Iran? Okay, that's a little better.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

Svartvit posted:

Trump may be friendly with Putin for a while but as soon as he realises Putin has utterly played him, and it is doubtful Putin is able to resist doing so, there will be a massive retaliation.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Kilroy posted:

Who's going to execute on this vision? Who's "we"?

Ah, its called going to events of the party, and taking it over. Or are you talking about my vision of one day making it so racists live in fear of expressing their fears because the government might take them off to a camp where they may never return from.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Covok posted:

How much stronger is ISIS going to get with a government openly hostile to muslims? Should we be afraid of increased terror attacks on America soil due to systematic incompetence of American government security officials. I live in a big city and this worries me.

ISIS as a group isnt getting stronger at all.
They are being hounded out of the places they control, and the places they did take over hate the gently caress out of them. As they kill their populace for farting out of place.
They won't last long.

However the chances of having some dumb gently caress with no ties to ISIS become a shooter or bomber increases if they start 'suffering' or see others 'suffer' around them.
ISIS will get the blame of course, need to keep the bogey man up all the time.

Covok
May 27, 2013

ReV VAdAUL posted:

Trump may be friendly with Putin for a while but as soon as he realises Putin has utterly played him, and it is doubtful Putin is able to resist doing so, there will be a massive retaliation. Trump realizes what happened and does nothing as a result

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gobbeldygook posted:

Yeah.

Holy lol all that poo poo about Bannon viewing the world as a fight between Western Civilization and The Others is real isn't it? The optics of America and Russia teaming up to take on RADICAL ISLAMIC Terrorism is going to play right into the hands of Al Qaeda, ISIS and God knows whatever ISIS 2.0 that will be created from this.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

happyhippy posted:

They are being hounded out of the places they control, and the places they did take over hate the gently caress out of them. As they kill their populace for farting out of place.
They won't last long.

However the chances of having some dumb gently caress with no ties to ISIS become a shooter or bomber increases if they start 'suffering' or see others 'suffer' around them.

"ISIS" will not last long but groups with similar beliefs in other places will likely be boosted by Trump. For instance Bangladesh is already having considerable problems with Muslim extremists inspired by ISIS, Trump as president could empower them enough to have a real chance of taking over.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

fits my needs posted:

Holy lol all that poo poo about Bannon viewing the world as a fight between Western Civilization and The Others is real isn't it? The optics of America and Russia teaming up to take on RADICAL ISLAMIC Terrorism is going to play right into the hands of Al Qaeda, ISIS and God knows whatever ISIS 2.0 that will be created from this.

What's terrifying is that ISIS grew under Obama's administration that was presumably doing its best to unfuck the situation with caution and deliberation. Drunk uncle Trump's cabinet is going to slap shot carpet bomb whatever country the dart lands on. ISIS 2.0 may arguably end up uncomfortably edging into the "good guy" category.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

ReV VAdAUL posted:

It is pretty funny that the same media experts who were telling us for months Trump couldn't win then declared him to be an isolationist with similar accuracy.

He probably already feels like he's stagnating by only being the president of the United States.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

deathbysnusnu posted:

What's terrifying is that ISIS grew under Obama's administration that was presumably doing its best to unfuck the situation with caution and deliberation.

Holy poo poo. People actually believe this. How Obama handled the Syria situation might be one of the greatest foreign policy blunders of the 21st century.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

cravius posted:

Pompeo is a cool and good luck for CIA director. He's also vehemently against the Iran deal so that's a plus in my book.

Well yeah, you want to see thousands of American men and women die in the middle east.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

fits my needs posted:

So which country do you guys think will be invaded first? Syria or Iran? Maybe a two pronged preemptive strike?

I think you missed a memo somewhere these are isolationist nativists, Their plan is to surrender American Hegemony, close the borders and let Russia and China fight it out with ISIS.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Covok posted:

If you're not a straight white male Christian, you can basically expect to be dead within the next ten years. I'm not exaggerating.
Who do you think's going to be drafted to fight in his dozen petty vengeance wars? Straight white Christian males aren't safe either.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
I really hope Trump doesn't go to war with Iran. Iran has a lovely government but they seem to *slooooooowly* be easing back on the religious fascism and becoming a pretty stable place. I know guys from Iran from game coding forums I hang out on. Iran is more a "frenemy" to the USA these days, as they are doing like China and concentrating on building their economy more than spitting in the eye of the Great Satan. Smash their government and all you'd get in its place is ISIS 2.0 as well as famine and misery for the inhabitants.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

From the Jacobin.

wow thats the first Jacobin article on the election ive seen that i havent hated. good job, Dan O'Sullivan, youve accomplished what i thought was impossible.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Crowsbeak posted:

Well yeah, you want to see thousands of American men and women die in the middle east.

That's job creation!

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Skex posted:

I think you missed a memo somewhere these are isolationist nativists, Their plan is to surrender American Hegemony, close the borders and let Russia and China fight it out with ISIS.

Whatever anti-war/isolationist beliefs Trump has will last exactly as long as it takes for them to make him look weak.

Somebody'll say "Hey Don, you're a pussy for not invading enough" and off we'll go invading again

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 18, 2016

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

happyhippy posted:

They won't last long.

ISIS is one of those groups that has no problem taking the blame, because they want to be the bogey man.

Also, regarding Sessions:
https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/799638175815782400

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, what's that joke about a dystopia? They're when the bad poo poo minorities deal with start happening to white people too.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Mustached Demon posted:

That's job creation!

I just wish the warmongers would go get themselves killed.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Country goes to poo poo the second Democratic voters stop participating in elections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

I think the one silver lining about the neo Nazis Trump is appointing to high level positions, he does love to fire people. It only took 3 campaign managers to get the job done, despite his vaunted loyalty. Michael Flynn mouths off, or looks at Ivanka wrong, he's gone.

• Locked thread