Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc
I got this code at Buffalo Wild Wings for some Titanfall 2 nose art and Coliseum Mode but some goon can have it: AXSM-E3AU-Y85H-PT49

Edit: Someone got this

HobbitGrease fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
So what's a good counter to people using the single shot sniper (Kraber?). I tried being mobile, boom, one-shot. I tried being sneaky, boom, one-shot at my flickering out-line. Than I finally got the pilot deployed particle wall that can take a surprising amount of punishment from titan primary armament.... but boom, one-shot right through the particle wall :psyduck: Often people using that rifle are useless idiots that are my sole source of pilot executions, but every few matches I run into someone who can pin-point me across the map and just murders me with every shot he takes at me and I can't find a useful counter besides sticking to interiors and avoiding windows, which removes the fun from all the jumping, wall-running and parkour moves.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

HobbitGrease posted:

I got this code at Buffalo Wild Wings for some Titanfall 2 nose art and Coliseum Mode but some goon can have it: AXSM-E3AU-Y85H-PT49

Took this, thanks!

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.
"This camouflage will be perfect for the rave!"

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Feindfeuer posted:

So what's a good counter to people using the single shot sniper (Kraber?). I tried being mobile, boom, one-shot. I tried being sneaky, boom, one-shot at my flickering out-line. Than I finally got the pilot deployed particle wall that can take a surprising amount of punishment from titan primary armament.... but boom, one-shot right through the particle wall :psyduck: Often people using that rifle are useless idiots that are my sole source of pilot executions, but every few matches I run into someone who can pin-point me across the map and just murders me with every shot he takes at me and I can't find a useful counter besides sticking to interiors and avoiding windows, which removes the fun from all the jumping, wall-running and parkour moves.

Be more mobile. The kraber is a projectile weapon so if you are squirly enough then he won't be able to hit you no matter what.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

Be more mobile. The kraber is a projectile weapon so if you are squirly enough then he won't be able to hit you no matter what.

Kraber is hitscan. You are thinking of the Doubletake.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

I could swear I've seen the Kraber projectile arc at longer ranges. It doesn't seem to be an instant hit either.

edit: After looking at some videos, the Kraber is most definitely not hitscan.

IronDoge fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 18, 2016

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

scaterry posted:

They are both Projectile. DMR is the only hitscan sniper.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

scaterry posted:

Kraber isn't hitscan. The only hitscan sniper is DMR. Also from what I can tell the bulletdrop from its trail is just an effect..?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I guess I just have to break my movements more often, I just enjoy chaining smooth movements too much. :smith:

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004

FiestaNinja posted:

"This camouflage will be perfect for the rave!"

The neon racing stripes make more sense in Titanfall than in any other FPS, really. Shouldn't the pilots look like tactical racecar drivers? Obviously they should.

edit: Also, if you made an rear end-hauling, parkour robot, wouldn't you put racing stripes on it?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Maybe it's because it's Friday morning but I tried queueing up for a match of Attrition and there's only 300 players in my region of North America... :smith:

This game is already on it's deathbed isn't it?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

s.i.r.e. posted:

Maybe it's because it's Friday morning but I tried queueing up for a match of Attrition and there's only 300 players in my region of North America... :smith:

This game is already on it's deathbed isn't it?

Its fun, I'm having a great time jumping off walls and rodeoing titans, but...you can blow up buildings in battlefield...

Also everyone should join the goon networks, i never see anyone in there

E also Tone is the best one i think, my missiles cut through Ronins and scare most Legions enough that they keep going back into cover, allowing me more time to plink away at their armor. I seem to die more in Legions, i fall behind with no sprint and the chaingun is too slow to shoulder. You do knock down like two blocks of health if you manage to get a powershot off in a titans face though.

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 18, 2016

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Somebody figured out that if you block while phase shifting, you don't kill yourself if you exit inside another Titan.

https://youtu.be/thWvhDefa0U

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.

ReadingZucchini posted:

The neon racing stripes make more sense in Titanfall than in any other FPS, really. Shouldn't the pilots look like tactical racecar drivers? Obviously they should.

edit: Also, if you made an rear end-hauling, parkour robot, wouldn't you put racing stripes on it?

Oh absolutely and I love that it's like this. My camouflage choice when I'm given one is always to maximise garishness.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
People are bitching at me because I decided to start using the softball for giggles. If you get killed by a softball it's pretty much your fault.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Nalin posted:

Somebody figured out that if you block while phase shifting, you don't kill yourself if you exit inside another Titan.

https://youtu.be/thWvhDefa0U

This is good to know!

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Already posted about it a week back, but just want to reiterate, the Alternator's hipfire is some wonderful bullshit. It's like the bullets track the target if you just fire in the general direction.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

The Volt too - I know I said it kinda sucked earlier, but I've been giving it another go and sticking to hipfire, and holy poo poo. It's just silly.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Hulk Krogan posted:

The Volt too - I know I said it kinda sucked earlier, but I've been giving it another go and sticking to hipfire, and holy poo poo. It's just silly.

It may be super broken. I love it but I hear people getting really upset at it and when I use it is generally the only time I ever beat Codeacious on the sco'board.

Currentling rocking devotion again and doing a shotfun build of mastiff, mozambiuqe both wiht tactilkill and stims. Its fun.

Flatline with phase shift is still the tryhardest weapon no question.

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010

Sultan Tarquin posted:

People are bitching at me because I decided to start using the softball for giggles. If you get killed by a softball it's pretty much your fault.

Softball is fun, no doubt. For me, the best part is the ever-so-slight delay between sticking them with the 'nade and the inevitable gib. Kinda gives me a Fist of the North Star vibe...:psyboom:

Also, if you run the softball, you may be surprised by just how much damage it does to titans -- especially amped.

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

His name is Head. Dick Head.
Why I paid to unlock satchels, a movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rJimT97Jlg

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So wasn't there supposed to be a "community update" today?

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji1CB4HL_LI

Nuclear ejection can lead to getting another titan ridiculously fast

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Angryhead posted:

Nuke eject is the best because people also get really mad when they die to it.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Mordja posted:

So wasn't there supposed to be a "community update" today?

Have there already been a few? What kind of stuff could we expect?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

chumbler posted:

I died to a Scorch running nuclear eject last night (as Scorch) because I'd used my boost to close in for a finisher, assuming that nobody would run nuclear eject in the titan that you generally want to be as far from as possible. :rip:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Inspector Hound posted:

Have there already been a few? What kind of stuff could we expect?

They just give stats and stuff and tell you what the are working on. It's basically a dev blog entry.

But...nothing so far.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Angryhead posted:

I do this but its only really good on two titans IMO. Ronin and Northstar.

Ronin its good on because you pretty much always need to be in the enemies face so you're almost always in a good position to nuke eject.

Northstar owns because you can tether trap them and then hold them in place when you nuke eject.

I often times call in a titan before I even land.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Hoarding boosts is my new favorite thing. I'll purposefully sacrifice my titan so I can get more boosts.

Then I drop five anti-sentry turrets on the intercept point in the epilogue. :getin:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
If you stack boosts with dice roll do you need to remember the order or does it tell you which ones you're about to pop? I know it does when you get the boost, but I've never banked a dice roll boost.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

s1ppycup posted:

Softball is fun, no doubt. For me, the best part is the ever-so-slight delay between sticking them with the 'nade and the inevitable gib. Kinda gives me a Fist of the North Star vibe...:psyboom:

Softball is good fun but I feel like they could increase the splash radius. It's satisfying killing dudes but also really hard at times

Lunchboxx posted:

Why I paid to unlock satchels, a movie.

Really want to like the satchel but just can't. I hate the overall feel and delay of it. Apparently you can switch to your gun then double tap square to detonate. But yeah, still not my thing

I only find myself using frags really. I get a lot of random frag lob kills. Gravity star is cool but it seemingly only does that cool poo poo and draws in enemies if it's someone against me using it

chumbler posted:

Can't really get mad considering how few people seemingly run it

I just gotta have two dashes

Elysiume posted:

If you stack boosts with dice roll do you need to remember the order or does it tell you which ones you're about to pop? I know it does when you get the boost, but I've never banked a dice roll boost.

Ya I think, you can only use the newest ones, can't switch. Then you can use the other

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

this game is like $26 with GCU at bestbuy, is still selling lovely, yet is the best shooter of the year, trump is the president and everything is wrong with the world

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
The update was postponed until Tuesday.

EDIT:

Jayfresh_Respawn posted:

Hey friends, the next FNN will be going up on Tuesday next week. We just needed a bit more time to put it together for this one. I can confirm that we will be sharing more info about DLC so hang tight! We're almost there.

After that we'll be back to normal bi-weekly schedule.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
The more I use it, the more I like the Firestar.
Especially when I nail someone in the face with it. :getin:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ethanol posted:

this game is like $26 with GCU at bestbuy, is still selling lovely, yet is the best shooter of the year, trump is the president and everything is wrong with the world

imma be hella pissed if this game doesn't succeed

I think it'll pick up in the next few months but who knows. Then again I can't imagine a lot of moms going "boy I need to get my son that titanfall for Xmas."

Wish they'd sell dumb gaudy skins or pink cowboy boots already so I can throw money at them

It just seems like from the like of info/updates about poo poo from them...I'm already losing hope

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010
I wouldn't go so far as to say "dead game" on PC, but with an organized group, you will regularly play against the same people in multiple consecutive games. That would be fine if the teams were balanced, but it usually means that one team gets repeatedly dumpstered and stops playing for the night...reducing the active players even further. I really, really enjoy this game and I'd love to see the player base expand dramatically. I'm just not sure when/how that will happen. Since Respawn has said that they won't do paid DLC, it kinda diminishes their ROI on selling more copies.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Angryhead posted:

I literally popped one last night and got my titan off of it, it's so good. I killed 2 titans and probably some pilot(s)?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
They never said they wouldn't do any paid DLC. They just said that weapons, maps, and gametypes would be free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Angryhead posted:

This used to be my MO but it seems like people have really wised up to nuclear eject and rarely fall for it anymore.