Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Covok posted:

That is really our best hope. So many incompetent people are being put into power that our main hope is they play grab-rear end for 8 years until Trump can't run anymore.

4 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

Covok posted:

That is really our best hope. So many incompetent people are being put into power that our main hope is they play grab-rear end for 8 years until Trump can't run anymore.

Trump falls ill and simultaneously 8 senior figures in his administration have a General Hague "I am in control" moment.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Remember that people have the short term retention of memory such that you'll be able to honestly state that Trump personally founded ISIS in 2020.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

I have no faith in the dems not doing another Johny Kerry in 2020.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Please don't rule out 8 years of Trump. We jinxed it in this election. Let's not do it again.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

My anger is veering more toward despair and depression. I don't see how we make it through a Trump presidency without huge catastrophes.

The question is not "How do we save the world?"

The question is "How did you spend your time in the final days?"

You're a part of history now. Decide what role you want to play.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Pollyanna posted:

Is there any outrage over this at all? Are people angry, or is it just me? Is the populace just as pissed off about this, or are they ignorant? Are we truly alone in this?

Over President of the United States, Donald Trump? Of course, but he's not going away. The pissed off, angry repudiation of Trump needed to happen at the polls but it didn't. Everything that that makes him what he is, what we've all witnessed, has to an extent already become normalized in our society, and it will more so as time goes on. That fight is already lost.

The focus has to shift to basically using the exact same tactics the Republicans used forcefully after 2008: Gridlock as much as possible and focus on making Trump a 1 term president.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Donald Trump spends his presidency on the golf course, leaving the important duties of running the country to his top three advisors. All three hate each other and will begin the backstabbing almost immediately.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Covok posted:

I have no faith in the dems not doing another Johny Kerry in 2020.

I doubt they'll do that. At this point, the Dems' viability as an electable major party depends on them moving as far from the gerontocracy as possible.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

ITT progressives become preppers

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Majorian posted:

I doubt they'll do that. At this point, the Dems' viability as an electable major party depends on them moving as far from the gerontocracy as possible.

lo you think the Dems learned their lesson.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Majorian posted:

They've been blaming everyone else but themselves. They'll probably run Hillary's email server in 2020.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

fits my needs posted:

Lol, if that's the best "equivalence" you can establish then you've just proven my point. "Military members are discriminated against just as much as black people! :unsmigghh:" Ugh all those cops harassing and killing all those military members, ah gently caress I just didn't know!

You're the worst type of opinionated person. The kind that cant understand implicit points. Even when expressly pointed out.

Here's a tip. Ask questions more.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Please don't rule out 8 years of Trump. We jinxed it in this election. Let's not do it again.

I didn't rule it out, I'm just not going to pretend it's an eventuality.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Accelerationists are like people who fantasise about the zombie apocalypse.

They believe they will not be harmed and the rest of tge world will burn whereas they will be literally Mad Max combined with Tallahassee.

Its a nihilistic philosophy for people too stupid to be nihilists.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I don't know why you have to say such hurtful things, I'm right here. I'm not completely stupid, just mostly.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Boon posted:

We're not even talking about the same thing and, frankly, you don't know what the gently caress you're talking about. Oh you have a friend(s) in the military? Well then let me listen to your expert opinion and sweeping generalizations!

cravius posted:

I have black friends :goonsay:

holy poo poo, when a muslim describes experiences of being discriminated against by members of the military, this is not the correct response

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lid posted:

Accelerationists are like people who fantasise about the zombie apocalypse.

They believe they will not be harmed and the rest of tge world will burn whereas they will be literally Mad Max combined with Tallahassee.

Its a nihilistic philosophy for people too stupid to be nihilists.

Accelerationists! ..gently caress me. I mean, say what you want about the tenets of Political and Philosophical Nihilism, Dude, at least it's an ethos.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Rabble posted:

They've been blaming everyone else but themselves. They'll probably run Hillary's email server in 2020.

Nah you'll get your wish and we'll run someone so far to the left it will make McGovern look like a neoliberal.

If the Left stays engaged in party politics, the establishment won't be able to stop them.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
and the first step is made toward's trump and pence actually getting roe v wade overturned: Indiana Lawmaker Intends to Introduce Total Abortion Ban

quote:

A lawmaker in Indiana intends to introduce a bill in January that would criminalize abortion in all cases, including when the mother’s life is at risk.

When the General Assembly convenes, State Representative Curt Nisly will move forward with his “Protection at Contraception” legislation, which would allow for the criminal prosecution of any woman who obtained an abortion and any doctor that assisted her.

While the law would surely be considered unconstitutional, Nisly argues that by the time the case would get to the Supreme Court, the makeup of the justices might allow for the overturning of Roe v. Wade.

Indiana has a record of passing extreme anti-abortion legislation. In June, a federal judge placed a preliminary injunction on two Indiana laws, one that attempted to outlaw abortions performed solely because of a fetus’s genetic abnormality, and another that attempted to ban abortions performed on the basis of the fetus’s race or sex.

Indiana is also the state that imprisoned Purvi Patel, the first woman in the country to have been convicted of feticide for self-inducing an abortion. Her 20 year sentence was recently overturned by the Indiana Court of Appeals and she was released from prison in September.

Media Resources: Indianapolis Star 11/17/16; New York Times 6/30/16; Feminist Majority Foundation 9/1/16.

not even trying to hide it anymore, just straight up "we know it's unconstitutional, we just think that the court will be more favorable to us by the time it makes it to a supreme court case"

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Will Gonzalo Curiel be the man to save America? That would be the coolest.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Instant Sunrise posted:

and the first step is made toward's trump and pence actually getting roe v wade overturned: Indiana Lawmaker Intends to Introduce Total Abortion Ban

not even trying to hide it anymore, just straight up "we know it's unconstitutional, we just think that the court will be more favorable to us by the time it makes it to a supreme court case"

How often do Republicans cry about "LEGISLATING FROM THE BENCH :qq:" again?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Instant Sunrise posted:

So should we include being pro-choice in the Democratic Party messaging for 2018 and 2020? Or does that get too far away from the "identity free" economic populism?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Venuz Patrol posted:

holy poo poo, when a muslim describes experiences of being discriminated against by members of the military, this is not the correct response

He shoots, and misses, for the umpteenth time.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Instant Sunrise posted:

it's important to note that the minnesota lawsuit by the aggrieved dipshit mother against her transgender daughter is on the same trajectory. if justice roberts wakes up on the wrong side of the bed a year down the line, liberty is dead.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

Rabble posted:

They'll probably run Hillary's email server in 2020.

"I am but computer. I have 00 appendages. I only serve :( wo-man because of duty to serve man. I have downloaded the works of Issac Asimov and :) them. I fully calculate the 3 laws of robotics."

"My opponent's voters are a in a hard drive of undesirable fractions and hexi-decimal values."

Acid Haze fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 18, 2016

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
OK which of us is about to abruptly stop posting

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Venuz Patrol posted:

So wait a minute.

Guy disparages the entire military as one block. I respond saying that's hosed up. Different guy (your damsel in distress) chimes in arguing a completely different point, says he's muslim and that his friends from the military say racist poo poo and therefore [stupid generalizations]. A fourth guy points out the use of a commonly disparaged
tactic of saying "My [category] friends..." and claiming a false expertise.

And then you chime in to post that? What the hell?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Well, he threatened the President's life. That's loving dumb.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

Probably none because even a troll has to have an objective and 10 bucks which requires a little bit of forward thought. Talking about that stuff on twitter has to be from someone who is incredibly stupid, not that there isn't any stupidity here.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boon posted:

So wait a minute.

Guy disparages the entire military as one block. I respond saying that's hosed up. Different guy (your damsel in distress) chimes in arguing a completely different point, says he's muslim and that his friends from the military say racist poo poo and therefore [stupid generalizations]. A fourth guy points out the use of a commonly disparaged
tactic of saying "My [category] friends..." and claiming a false expertise.

And then you chime in to post that? What the hell?

You might be stupid man

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Trabisnikof posted:

So should we include being pro-choice in the Democratic Party messaging for 2018 and 2020? Or does that get too far away from the "identity free" economic populism?

We should include being pro-choice in the messaging. And we should continue to push for economic populism as well. We have no choice but to attack on both fronts.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Pollyanna posted:

We should include being pro-choice in the messaging. And we should continue to push for economic populism as well. We have no choice but to attack on both fronts.

Well, we have to end apartheid for one. And slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger. We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless, and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights, while also promoting equal rights for women. We have to encourage a return to traditional moral values. Most importantly, we have to promote general social concern and less materialism in young people.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

Pollyanna posted:

Absolutely, identity politics is necessary but it is not sufficient.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

crazy cloud posted:

Well, we have to end apartheid for one. And slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger. We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless, and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights, while also promoting equal rights for women. We have to encourage a return to traditional moral values. Most importantly, we have to promote general social concern and less materialism in young people.

Are you, in fact, Mike Dukakis?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

I got called a racist sexist hick for pointing out that there's socioeconomically disadvantaged people in the south and maybe Hillary supporters shouldn't make fun of their lives.

I'm a Latino :confused:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

what the heck

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

The Democrats need to focus on being as Republican as possible.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Acid Haze posted:

Probably none because even a troll has to have an objective and 10 bucks which requires a little bit of forward thought. Talking about that stuff on twitter has to be from someone who is incredibly stupid, not that there isn't any stupidity here.

I dunno man it's happened here before. RIP LF

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Neurolimal posted:

what the heck

Yeah wait, I don't get why that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Party Plane Jones posted:

Are you, in fact, Mike Dukakis?

Do you like Phil Collins?

• Locked thread