Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

junction!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
I thought the the Chinese joke and their reaction to it was genuinely funny. Do I need to be sent to a reeducation camp and can anybody recommend a good one in the Midwest?

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Me: oh lots of posts in the UYD thread, I bet Jonathan made fun of a chinaman again.

*opens thread*

:stare:

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Wait, what ep even was this? I don't remember anything like that. I guess there are 3 possible options

1) I zoned out and missed it (this happens a lot when seth starts yelling-- speaking of, I can't find the post rn but the clip of the cheech & chong rant from 100-something is a prime example of how seth has always freaked out & gone off on things, but used to do it in a way that was chill and funny instead of grating :sigh:)

2) there's an ep I somehow skipped

3) I'm so used to jonathanisms it sailed right past me

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

I thought the the Chinese joke and their reaction to it was genuinely funny. Do I need to be sent to a reeducation camp and can anybody recommend a good one in the Midwest?

I'm with you, the callback later was good too.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Nov 16, 2016

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
it was a dumb, purposeful bad joke, relax

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Ok, to be clear:

-I was just pointing out that this one joke hit a sour note with me.
-I don't think Jonathan, as a person, is racist.
-That joke was super racist, though.
-You can love something and still criticize it.

BLAZED BOYLAN
Sep 11, 2001
Shroomsday

Halo_BLEW posted:

You loving faggots need to be executed.

lmao zebong
Nov 25, 2006

NBA All-Injury First Team
I too think the best way to discuss whether jokes are offensive or in bad taste is to just post more offensive jokes that are in bad taste

it's the comedy circle of life
and it moves us all
through despair and hope
through faith and love
ingonyama bagithi baba

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

lmao zebong posted:

I too think the best way to discuss whether jokes are offensive or in bad taste is to just post more offensive jokes that are in bad taste

it's the comedy circle of life
and it moves us all
through despair and hope
through faith and love
ingonyama bagithi baba
yeah a warriors fan would say that

also man does UYD have a history of pretty bad nba takes but then again that's not what I listen to them for. LARRY BIRD IS DEAD, SETH. LARRY BIRD IS DEAD. OLD BASKETBALL WAS BAD AND BORING AND SLOW, OUTTA THE WAY OLD MAN
well,actually larry's not dead, but he basically is. he's killing the Pacers.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Punkin Spunkin posted:

yeah a warriors fan would say that

also man does UYD have a history of pretty bad nba takes but then again that's not what I listen to them for. LARRY BIRD IS DEAD, SETH. LARRY BIRD IS DEAD. OLD BASKETBALL WAS BAD AND BORING AND SLOW, OUTTA THE WAY OLD MAN
well,actually larry's not dead, but he basically is. he's killing the Pacers.

i thought seth's favorite player was Michael Jordon

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Isn't football the only sport seth actually cares about?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
That and celebrity name game, yeah.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

CaptainJuan posted:

Me: oh lots of posts in the UYD thread, I bet Jonathan made fun of a chinaman again.

*opens thread*

:stare:

don't post like this. don't post like a god-drat coward.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What is this movie that Ang Lee did that is supposedly about the Cowboys?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Finally heard the joke. I was half paying attention and didn't see it coming until I heard it. Yeah it's a terrible joke but you can tell by his delivery he knew it was bad but he wanted rile Seth up.

It's kind if his thing, that and cluelessly displaying the amount of privilege he wields.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Binowru posted:

-That joke was super racist, though.

How do you function in life

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Cant wait for Neil Young to make a new song about Trump. 🎶Impeach the guy they call the president..political. He's a jerk with bad policies.🎶

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
A tone else do a it off the boys don't mention Trump once?

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

wat

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

They never really mention major news, and even with the size of this news I wasn't really expecting them to say anything. They made a slight joke about it at the start of the first episode

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
They referenced it indirectly a lot. Reminder that the show started during the last period of the Bush presidency but I doubt they ever mentioned him much.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The bumper stickers lied.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

are you okay

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I think they mentioned bin Laden getting killed, but Seth had been making jokes about that for years, so they kinda had to.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
They'll start talking about it more once trump blows up every weed dispensary, bans poetry about native Americans, and/or Amir gets chased down the street by Joe Exotic
So a couple months

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
The most political they got was Seth bitching about feds busting weed stores

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
this is insane but it looks like BOTH of the february 11th shows in raleigh are sold out. really happy for the boys if this is true and not a glitch on the website or something, but sad for myself because I'm a dope and put off getting tickets. If anyone finds themselves with an extra (or multiples, i have friends interested in going too) i would love to take them off your hands.... hit me up and we can work something out. I was planning on going to both of the shows but I'll take whatever I can get at this point, just let me know! Thanks y'all

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
gently caress, really? Raleigh's only a three hour drive for me and the shows are nearish to me and my girlfriend's anniversary. That sucks!

Also a couple days ago I drove almost nine hours from Boston to Richmond and back episodes of UYD made it so much easier. God bless these boys.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

poop dood posted:

gently caress, really? Raleigh's only a three hour drive for me and the shows are nearish to me and my girlfriend's anniversary. That sucks!

Also a couple days ago I drove almost nine hours from Boston to Richmond and back episodes of UYD made it so much easier. God bless these boys.

Yeah the venue is really small but I can't believe they sold out this far in advance. I've always had really good luck getting tickets to sold out shows by just showing up and hanging out outside the venue so worst case I'll try that .... kinda crazy tho

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Well Jonathan made a :siren::gonk::nws:SUPER RACIST:siren::gonk::burger::nms: comment in the most recent episode.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Someone paraphrase the horrible racist joke because I want to see what everyone's getting irrationally mad about, or give me a time stamp and episode. I think I missed it. Anyways everyone should be glad UYD didn't mention Trump because every loving piece of media for the past week has found a way to obsess over the election, from comedy podcasts, sports shows, etc, I've been fed about 1,000 reactionary hot takes a day. I'm glad UYD exists in it's own dumb world.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
He was a'like "Ching Chong I think Chinese people smell" and it made me feel a little uncomfortable

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Punkin Spunkin posted:

He was a'like "Ching Chong I think Chinese people smell" and it made me feel a little uncomfortable

it made me laugh alot, because I'm racist.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
I was listening to episode 94 last night and he did his accent of the molester in Sheboygan, WI.

"you so creen. Phuk ue want to gently caress you"

I rewound it three times. I can't believe I missed that the first time through.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
I remember a couple hundred of eps in (around the first Seattle show) were Johnathan asked that people not call him Jah anymore because it was disrespectful, and then spent the next several weeks defending his right to use the word "human being"

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

lmao and his crusade to let hippies take back the rainbow from gay people

"just give us 2 or 3 colors, come on!"

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

is jonathan the person the alt right needs to lead their movement?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Jah Jah 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

yo Dawg, you dead, Dawg