Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I love this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I guess Ray can rebuild his suit if he wants.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
"Don't call us heroes, we are...brigands".

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Gunslingin' Sara is in the running for best Sara.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Why not just tear up the track?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Maxwell Lord posted:

Gunslingin' Sara is in the running for best Sara.

She even got Jonah Hex to smile.

howe_sam posted:

Why not just tear up the track?

Yeah I thought that too. But it was a badass visual.

And Flashpoint is coming.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Stein: "Speedsters have temporal manipulation. Chronokinesis."
Mick "Literally used to be named Chronos" Rory: "English, Professor."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Did you draw your own superhero costume?
No, it's clearly Captain America.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Guardian and Steel getting their costumes just in time for the crossover

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Jeff Fehey as Mcgree.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I was really worried that episode was going to end with "man don't tell Clarissa when you get home, she'll be pissed." "...who?"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Does anyone care about Stein's wife drama? His entire story as been about that recently.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

twistedmentat posted:

Does anyone care about Stein's wife drama? His entire story as been about that recently.

No, but Bride of Stein drama is cheaper than the Firestorm effect, so maybe we'll get a really kick rear end fight during the crossover to make up for it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

8one6 posted:

No, but Bride of Stein drama is cheaper than the Firestorm effect, so maybe we'll get a really kick rear end fight during the crossover to make up for it.

The promos suggest we're gonna be getting some decent Firestorm action for Legend's quarter of the crossover. The synopsis also implies that they're gonna sew up the Bride of Stein drama in that same episode. I really hope it's just a matter of Stein goes back to 87, finds his younger self having an affair, and proceeds to kick his own rear end for being a horndog--bam, timeline restored.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Are you guys thick?

Stein has a DAUGHTER in the new timeline because he persuades his younger self to spend more time with Clarissa.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hahahah, "Guys, you go stop the train from loving up the pass." "hey dudes, i stopped the train by loving up half a mile of track."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

Hahahah, "Guys, you go stop the train from loving up the pass." "hey dudes, i stopped the train by loving up half a mile of track."

Half a mile of track in the middle of a forest, at ground level, miles away from the pass, that can easily be repaired. Turnbull was gonna blow up an entire mountain. That'd be a little harder to fix.

But yeah, that is really dumb that sealing off one canyon supposedly cut the entire US army off from Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada and Idaho :doh:

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

Did you draw your own superhero costume?
No, it's clearly Captain America.

I hope the new Atom suit looks more like the traditional comic book version. Also maybe Ray, formerly the head of a huge high tech corporation, should build in some biometric security measures so that it is not possible for any random person to put it on and operate. Just a thought.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Nov 18, 2016

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Judging from the previews for the crossover episodes, it's basically going to be the exact same suit as the first one.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
you can't blame him for being nostalgic.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorWhat posted:

Are you guys thick?

Stein has a DAUGHTER in the new timeline because he persuades his younger self to spend more time with Clarissa.

Victor Garber is probably getting ready ready to jump ship. Seems like a good opportunity to swap him out for the showrunners.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope when Ray gets to do the episode intro it's a 2 second

"Hey audience, remember? Rip sent us back in time to be Legends! :hawaaaafap:"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DoctorWhat posted:

Are you guys thick?

That might be a satisfactory ending to it.

Also, Citizen Steel is such a low rent Colossus. Having to put effort into blocking a train rather than just letting it collide with you.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's what.... a ton of solid Steel? vs 400 tons of forward momentum.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Rocksicles posted:

He just needed to be stronger then the railroad ties, split those and the tracks go wide so the train digs into the dirt when it hops the rail.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rocksicles posted:

Plus the dwarf star.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

It would have been better if the train ran him over, but then that caused it to derail stopping it from exploding in the mountain

but then also taking out a nearby town because that's how the Legends roll. Mission Accomplished!

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Why is his superhero name Steel and not Nate Silver.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It would have been better if the train ran him over, but then that caused it to derail stopping it from exploding in the mountain

but then also taking out a nearby town because that's how the Legends roll. Mission Accomplished!

No that's how Felicity rolls.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Why are most of Vixen's animal powers the same. She gets Rhino power but then punches people the same as if she had got Gorilla power, instead of charging into them. I think the only one that is ever different is Bird power, which lets her see in the dark.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I assume rhino is more charging and tough hide because she was just barrelling through a crowd before the dynamite went off while gorilla is more brute strength and throwing people around when you're in a fight situation.

But also, there's probably only so many animal powers that are regularly useful. Once you find what works the rest is probably watching Animal Planet for ideas when you get bored.

"I wonder what would happen if I channel a bullet ant and bite someone..."

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Picks honey badger; doesn't need any other animal.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Rocksicles posted:

But it looked great. And I liked having Brandon Routh watch as Steel:
1. was faster than several speeding bullets
2. was more powerful than a locomotive.

And if you want to get into the physics of stuff, dwarf star material would be far too massive to be used as a bullet with plain old 1870s gunpowder. A teaspoon of white dwarf star is (theoretically) estimated to weigh ~ 5 tons.
And how would Turnbull work dwarf star material to pack it into a cartridge!

STAC Goat posted:

I assume rhino is more charging and tough hide because she was just barrelling through a crowd before the dynamite went off while gorilla is more brute strength and throwing people around when you're in a fight situation.

But also, there's probably only so many animal powers that are regularly useful. Once you find what works the rest is probably watching Animal Planet for ideas when you get bored.

There was a brilliant run in Animal Man by (of course) Grant Morrison, that came to involve Rip Hunter and even included breaking the fourth wall. Rory (Dominic Purcell) is a great one to feature in that sort of weirdness.

Edit to add: I found Jonah Hex unintelligible at times. Listened twice and had no one idea the line was
Jonah: “You do a mighty fine job bearing a burden few men could deal with.”
To which Sara smirked: “Good thing I’m a woman then.”

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 19, 2016

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Licarn posted:

Why are most of Vixen's animal powers the same. She gets Rhino power but then punches people the same as if she had got Gorilla power, instead of charging into them. I think the only one that is ever different is Bird power, which lets her see in the dark.

It starts to become a bit racist if she chooses gorilla power every time tho.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I kinda wish they'd do an episode where they go to the 30s and meet Golden Age Superman and Batman.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

STAC Goat posted:

Can she channel dinosaurs?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

R-Type posted:

Victor Garber is probably getting ready ready to jump ship. Seems like a good opportunity to swap him out for the showrunners.
Not sure where you get this impression from. He seems to enjoy doing the show and it's very noticeable that they aren't using Firestorm that much this season compared to last, likely to save on their budget.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Binary Logic posted:

But it looked great. And I liked having Brandon Routh watch as Steel:
1. was faster than several speeding bullets
2. was more powerful than a locomotive.

I believe he also claimed to be the man of steel.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

There are so many useful animals. Trap door spider to create web barriers to hide under. Bombardier beetle to spray people with boiling acid. Blue ringed octopus to paralyze people. Huntsman spider for short bursts of super speed.

Vixen should basically be Flash level "why doesn't she just solve all the problems?" superhero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Mantis Shrimp Power!

*explodes enemy goons heads like fist of the north star*

• Locked thread