Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Really? CI is gone?

drat, I'm almost going to miss him. I enjoyed constantly reminding him that he was a piece of poo poo with poo poo opinions on mental health and women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

MA-Horus posted:

Really? CI is gone?

drat, I'm almost going to miss him. I enjoyed constantly reminding him that he was a piece of poo poo with poo poo opinions on mental health and women.
He's only probated.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Albino Squirrel posted:

He's only probated.

No he was probated then banned

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

apatheticman posted:

No he was probated then banned

Not permabanned, though. You know he'll be back.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

CI's troll persona was hilarious and yall need to lighten up

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
We are going to get a hugely expensive referendum ballot with 7 choices with the conditions that one choice must gain more that 50% support and at least 90% of eligible voters must participate AND YOU'RE GOING TO LIKE IT.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Given that he is usually posting in here 5 minutes after his latest probation ends I would assume he'll re-register.

CLAM DOWN posted:

When he's on point he can be quite funny but recently his trolling became a bit too try-hard for my tastes. I prefer ikantski's much drier approach to lampooning the thread.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

PEI is going to rerun its referendum, because the Island Liberals didn't get the result they wanted.

quote:

Premier Wade MacLauchlan tabled a motion in the P.E.I. Legislature Wednesday to have a referendum on electoral reform tied to a general election — the results of which would be binding.

The referendum would have two options on the ballot: mixed member proportional representation — which was the winning choice in the recent non-binding plebiscite — and a second choice that would be determined by debate in the legislature.

The motion says tying electoral reform to an election would increase voter turnout on the issue. Only 36.4 per cent of eligible voters cast a ballot in the plebiscite, which MacLauchlan said made the results "debatable."

The next election is scheduled for Oct. 7, 2019.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Postess with the Mostest posted:

We were never going to win that riding, it's been Liberal since before only white people could be racist. In the 2014 general election, 21k voted Liberal, 8k voted PC. Last night, 14k voted Liberal and 9k voted PC so yeah don't worry OLP everything's fine. Fuckin' more PCs turned out for a by-election than the general. HIGH ENERGY!

You did get the 19-year-old homeschooled pro-lifer who still lives with his mom and has lots of opinions about stuff whenever someone from the party tells him what they are, so that's something.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The Fraser Institute stays relevant with the kids.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

flakeloaf posted:

You did get the 19-year-old homeschooled pro-lifer who still lives with his mom and has lots of opinions about stuff whenever someone from the party tells him what they are, so that's something.

It's depressing to think about what a wealthy lobbyist this kid will be before he's thirty.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Behold the scourge of rural Ontario, devastator of communities.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

flakeloaf posted:

Ontario PCs take youth matters seriously by electing a teenager with intense love of family, politics and life along with the humility to attend Brock.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

infernal machines posted:

How am I gonna land a plane over that???

Easily

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

I'm confused. Shouldn't there be mountains of bird carcasses underneath them?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
They've scoured the land bare, even the crops are gone here. Neither beast nor bird dare approach this barren place.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

I don't see any chemtrails....

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
The picture doesn't capture the noise they are making.

All none of it.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
What is the ownership model of wind turbines in Ontario? Is it mostly large foreign companies coming in? Are there examples of community owned wind farms?

I'm down with wind, but I think ownership is important. Wasn't their a huge fight over private run of river hydro in BC? Just because a technology is safe and relatively environmentally friendly doesn't mean there can't be all sorts of issues with how its implemented.

e: Looks like TransAlta and Enbridge own a few of the biggest wind farms in Ontario. Not exactly the most reputable companies, nor companies with the best reputation for community consultation. Also the company that makes Scotties Spongetowels owns some big wind farms. And some other companies I don't know about. Brookfield?

Anyways, I think there is creedence to the idea that community ownership would reduce resistance to wind farms, because everyone in the community would benefit rather than just the farmer whose property its on.

Duck Rodgers fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 18, 2016

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Samsung is supporting its note7 writedowns with power sold to ontario wholesale at 20c a kwh or more

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

PT6A posted:

I love to drink whisky and talk politics! Truly I am the most Canadian. :v:

The only whisky I've ever liked was made in Taiwan, I don't give a gently caress about hockey and I'm indifferent to the Tragically Hip.

Unless there's a heavy weighting for politics and voting I'm definitely on Ms. Leechate's UnCanadian Watch List.

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

Duck Rodgers posted:

What is the ownership model of wind turbines in Ontario? Is it mostly large foreign companies coming in? Are there examples of community owned wind farms?

I'm down with wind, but I think ownership is important. Wasn't their a huge fight over private run of river hydro in BC? Just because a technology is safe and relatively environmentally friendly doesn't mean there can't be all sorts of issues with how its implemented.

e: Looks like TransAlta and Enbridge own a few of the biggest wind farms in Ontario. Not exactly the most reputable companies, nor companies with the best reputation for community consultation. Also the company that makes Scotties Spongetowels owns some big wind farms. And some other companies I don't know about. Brookfield?

Anyways, I think there is creedence to the idea that community ownership would reduce resistance to wind farms, because everyone in the community would benefit rather than just the farmer whose property its on.

I've done some research on this.

Unsurprisingly, in jurisdictions with significant "buy-in" of wind energy, community owned and co-op ownership models are the most prevalent. They are also encouraged by the relevant authorities.

In Ontario, most wind energy projects are undertaken by large corporate entities looking to get some sweet feed-in-tariffs. Not only was wind-energy insanely profitable (they had obscenely high rates that were guaranteed for decades by the gov't), it was also ridiculously easy to put just about anywhere because Ontario removed the ability for local communities to decide where these projects would go. In effect, these small rural areas had no planning authority over the siting of wind farm projects. This, as you can imagine, was a pretty big pill to swallow.

So yeah, Ontario could have done things much, much better and tbh the outrage of many rural people over wind farms is kind of justified when you look at just how lovely of a system was set up.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I was sitting in the bar an hour ago when I overheard some older patrons talking about the Ottawa vanier by election, an one of them said he was so mad at the results he was going to write to The Sun. His colleagues asked him if he was writing to the Ottawa or Toronto Sun. I just chuckled to myself and went back to my beer.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

DariusLikewise posted:

I don't see any chemtrails....

That's because the turbines blow them away. :science:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

quote:

“We are finding fentanyl in marijuana,” said Clark. “Vancouver Police did a major seizure. They found cocaine with fentanyl, heroin with fentanyl, methamphetamine with fentanyl and marijuana with fentanyl and so one of my concerns with marijuana has always been that people don’t know what they are getting in their product.”

In a statement, Vancouver Police say they have been involved in many investigations where officers find suspects in possession of fentanyl, along with a variety of other drugs, but they have not made any seizures where marijuana contains or is “laced” with fentanyl.

The Ministry of Health confirms this, saying there is no official confirmation of any cases of marijuana laced with fentanyl to date.

She's the loving worst.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

FENTANYL

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

She has to scare the populace into voting for her again.

Just wait until she combines all the BC fears into one mega monster.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Furnaceface posted:

She has to scare the populace into voting for her again.

Just wait until she combines all the BC fears into one mega monster.

Fentanyl Filled Fast Ferries

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
She is running unopposed.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

ocrumsprug posted:

She is running unopposed.

Haven't polls shown the NDP with a narrow lead recently?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Fallen Hamprince posted:

the polls and the BCNDP have a complicated relationship of being utterly untrustworthy

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Aug 26, 2018

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Judy Darcy is a pretty good exception. They really should put Eby as leader, Horgan is terrible.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

CLAM DOWN posted:

what's hilarious about calling indians mud people?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Booourns posted:

It was a different time.

Real answer: It's OK he's Jenny Kwan.

Fallen Hamprince fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Nov 19, 2016

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Idiot college student placeholders got elected under the Alberta NDP just to get the fuckhole conservatives out.

There's always hope.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Fallen Hamprince posted:

polls 👏 don't 👏 matter 👏

But even if they did, a narrow lead this far out doesn't mean poo poo.

Liberals will put the ad machine into full gear when the time comes.

NDP leadership will get blasted as gently caress on coke in a lovely pub bathroom and talk a mean game that night, sleep in the next day, and then forget to run again.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Booourns posted:

Awesome avatar/post combo

Powershift posted:

Idiot college student placeholders got elected under the Alberta NDP just to get the fuckhole conservatives out.

There's always hope.

Didn't the Ontario PCs just get a literal child wearing a suit a parliament seat? Anything is possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

Awesome avatar/post combo

Didn't the Ontario PCs just get a literal child wearing a suit a parliament seat? Anything is possible.

A bible thumping, home-schooled, anti-abortion, anti-sex ed nutcase in a conservative stronghold that has never voted for anything other than PC, not a good example.