Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I don't think this was the intended way to play SPYRAL but I like it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Everything is Dark Law, Crystal Wing and Toadally Awesome. I HATE it!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Run Kaijus. You'll never have to worry about them again.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Eidolon Cyber Dragon is not working as well as I thought it would.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

I'm currently running this.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Consider Shiranui. Remove the Pharoah beast, add Utopia and Utopia the Lightning to your Extra deck. Aldo preference based, but I'd remove the plague zombies and revived king. Also your deck doesn't benefit too much from zombie world or forbidden lance, imo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

You NEED Shiranui Sage/Solitaire in your deck. He brings out Uni-Zombie, and more importantly, he's a one-card level 8 Synchro.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
If I get rid of my plague spreaders, do I even need to run malicious x3 then? That's my combo when I don't have a unizombie on hand.

What is the Solitaire combo? Tribute himself for unizombie, throw mezuki, banish to bring solitaire back, 8* synchro?

I saw this engine you're describing at a local tournament, most people seemed to run it.

What do people run, 3 solitaires and maybe a couple shiranui synthesis? I run zombie world to be able to SS any monster in my graveyard with book of life or etc. Easy way to bring back synchros. As well, any synchro can attack after using uni-zombie's effects as they're now zombies.

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Oct 25, 2016

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://ygorganization.com/dble-frightfur-patchwork/

Some really good support for Fluffals.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Ya know, apparently I just thought I wanted Predator Plants. Nope, turns out what I really wanted was EVEN MORE FRIGGIN' FLUFFAL SUPPORT.

But seriously, that card is friggin' sweet. It's Pot of Greed but better.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The sad thing is that this card's +1 makes it an excellent Predaplant card. :negative:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hey look now people will run 1 patch/2scissors/2rando fluffal

Frightfur tiger techs everywhere.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0XZ3V_NFd8

Good lord.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

If you open Fluffal Dog + Frightfur Patchwork + Instant Fusion, you can set up a field of Titanic Galaxy + Toadally Awesome. :getin:

serefin99 posted:

Ya know, apparently I just thought I wanted Predator Plants. Nope, turns out what I really wanted was EVEN MORE FRIGGIN' FLUFFAL SUPPORT.

But seriously, that card is friggin' sweet. It's Pot of Greed but better.

Predaplants are extremely garbage and it makes me hella sad. I expected so much from them, only to be completely disappointed.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Rough translations, but

Diabound Kernel
Level 5 DARK Fiend-Type Effect Monster
ATK {1800}
DEF {1200}
The (2)nd effect of “Diabound Kernel” can only be used once per turn.
(1) When this card declares an attack: It gains 500 ATK.
(2) Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; until the end of the turn, that monster loses ATK equal to this card’s ATK. Afterwards, banish this card until the next Standby Phase. This effect […]

Dark Summoning Beast
ATK {0}
DEF {0}
You can only use the (?) effect of “Dark Summoning Beast” once per turn.
(1) You can Tribute this card; Special Summon Special Summon 1 “Uria, Lord of Searing Flames”, “Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder” or “Raviel, Lord of Phantasms” from your hand or Deck, ignoring the Summoning Conditions. […]
(2) […

Fallen Paradise
Field Spell Card
The (2)nd effect of “Fallen Paradise” can only be used once per turn.
(1) “Uria, Lord of Searing Flame”, “Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder” or “Raviel, Lord of Phantasms” in your Monster Zone cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent’s card effects.
(2) If there is a “Uria, Lord of Searing Flame”, “Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder” or “Raviel, Lord of Phantasms” in your Monster Zone: You can draw 2 cards.

..So, Sacred Beasts are getting some serious support. :stonk:

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Kay Kessler posted:

Diabound Kernel
ATK {1800}
DEF {1200}
The (2)nd effect of “Diabound Kernel” can only be used once per turn.
(1) When this card declares an attack: It gains 500 ATK.
(2) Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; until the end of the turn, that monster loses ATK equal to this card’s ATK. Afterwards, banish this card until the next Standby Phase. This effect […]

gently caress yeah! More Bakura cards.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Transcendental Fusion
Normal Spell Card
Cards and effects cannot be activated in reponse to this card’s activation
(1) Pay 2000 LP; Fusion Sumon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using 2 monsters you control as Fusion Materials.
(2) You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 monster Fusion Summoned using this card’s effect; Special Summon all of the Fusion Materials for that monster’s Fusion Summon from your Graveyard, but their ATK and DEF become 0, also their effects are negated.

Nice, nice.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dabir posted:

Nice, nice.

I don't like it. Now for some a couple of cool cards:

Gozuki
Level 4 EARTH Zombie-Type Effect Monster
ATK 1700
DEF 800
You can only use each effect of “Gozuki” per turn.
(1) During your Main Phase: You can send 1 Zombie-Type monster from your Deck to your Graveyard.
(2) If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can banish 1 Zombie-Type monster from your Graveyard except “Gozuki”; Special Summon 1 Zombie-Type monster from your hand.

Oni Thunder/ Brohunder
Level 4 LIGHT Thunder-Type Effect Monster
ATK 900
DEF 400 (1)
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 Level 4 LIGHT Thunder-Type monster from your Deck to your hand, except “Brohunder”.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://ygorganization.com/so-much-for-picking-up-pokemon-tonight/
https://ygorganization.com/whyarentyouplayingpokemon/
https://ygorganization.com/vj-misc-news/

Tons of absolutely insane things out of V-Jump this week.

Here, have a new boss monster:

MACR-JP025 Shinryuu Kihei Da’at Metatron / Da’at Metatron, the True Dracomechsoldier
Light Wyrm / Effect
LV9 3000/3000
If you Normal Summon/Set this card, you must Tribute 3 monsters and/or Continuous Spell/Trap Cards you control.
(1) This card is unaffected by the same type of card effects as the original type of card(s) that you used to Tribute Summon it (Monster, Spell, or Trap).
(2) If this Tribute Summoned card is destroyed by your opponent’s card (by battle or card effect): You can Special Summon 1 Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck that is EARTH, FIRE, WATER, or WIND-Attribute.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I was going to say that he's garbage but then I saw that the field spell actually protects him from Utopia The Lightning. :allears:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So many techs and good cards
Hnng
Da'at and trancendental for DDD
Diabound (linux) kernel for my future dystopiaguy/ragnazero control deck.

And gozuki

Fuckin gozuki

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Nov 19, 2016

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Diabound would have been redeemed if he could banish himself during either player's turn, but alas

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Of all the anime cards, literally the last one I expected getting a tcg release was loving Cosmic Blazar Dragon.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kay Kessler posted:

Of all the anime cards, literally the last one I expected getting a tcg release was loving Cosmic Blazar Dragon.

Even if it turns out to be underwhelming, I'm hyped as gently caress to finally see him in action :allears:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

This is just a head's up for anyone who's interested.

Legacy of the Duelist was released onto Steam this week. This port includes the recent console update that adds a ton of cards from the second part of the Arc-V era (up to Shining Victories).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/480650/

It is a drat good Yugioh game and has a good amount of single-player content to mess around with.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

drat that's a lot of DLC though. I read online that a significant number of popular decks are locked behind DLCs.

I'm probably going to wait until the winter sale before buying it, but I'm not holding out hope for a big discount (if anything).

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Yeah, the DLC is massive, but honestly none of it is NEEDED, you know? You can just pick and choose which decks you want to get and not worry about the rest.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The most important things you get from the DLC are avatars of Sora Perse, Zuzu Boyle, and Celina. Also a couple of extra story duels.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dexie posted:

This is just a head's up for anyone who's interested.

Legacy of the Duelist was released onto Steam this week. This port includes the recent console update that adds a ton of cards from the second part of the Arc-V era (up to Shining Victories).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/480650/

It is a drat good Yugioh game and has a good amount of single-player content to mess around with.

great now i can put a shameful 200 hours into this like i did the WCS 2011 ds game

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

All the new support for old cards looks cool to me but makes me sad that Venom hasn't gotten anything beyond generic reptile support for years. Not that I'm too mad considering a bunch of archetypes are the same but it would be nice for Venom to get a bone considering it's my favourite and Vennominaga is the coolest monster.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

BurritoJustice posted:

drat that's a lot of DLC though. I read online that a significant number of popular decks are locked behind DLCs.

I'm probably going to wait until the winter sale before buying it, but I'm not holding out hope for a big discount (if anything).

A DLC library to rival Metal Gear Train Simulator!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Leaks for the japanese banlist are hitting the net and are loving insane

Forbidden:
Majespecter Unicorn

Limited to 1:
Speedroid Terrortop
Rescue Cat
Goyo Guardian
Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Toadally Awesome
Fire Formation - Tenki
Union Hangar
Brain Control
Future Fusion
Imperial Order

Semi-Limited:
Magician of Faith
Dandylion

Unlimited:
Inzektor Dragonfly
Star Seraph Sovereignty
Mathematician
Mezuki
El Shaddoll Fusion
EDIT:

Wait, some of those cards were errated.

Rescue Cat - Effect can only be used once per turn, monsters that were special summoned have no effects

Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier - Effect becomes once per turn, and can only be used for cards on opponent's field

Goyo Guardian - Earth attribute tuner is needed for the synchro summon

Brain Control - You can only target monsters that can be normal summoned

Imperial Order - Upkeep costs to be paid during both player's turns, and upkeep is mandatory

Future Fusion - Fusion materials will be sent to the grave only on your following turn's standby phase
Oh, and Zarc is here

Haohryuu Zarc / Supreme King Dragon Zarc
Dark Dragon / Fusion / Pendulum / Effect
PS1 LV12 4000/4000
Pendulum Effect:
(1) Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monsters your opponent controls cannot activated their effects. (2) Once per turn, when your opponent adds a card(s) to their hand outside of the Draw Phase: You can destroy that card(s).
Monster Effect:
1 Dragon-Type Fusion Monster + 1 Dragon-Type Synchro Monster + 1 Dragon-Type Xyz Monster + 1 Dragon-Type Pendulum Monster Must be Fusion Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (1) If this card is Special Summoned: Destroy all cards your opponent controls. (2) Cannot be targeted, or destroyed by, an opponent’s card effect. (3) When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can Special Summon 1 “Supreme King Servant Dragon” monster from your Main Deck or Extra Deck. (4) If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

:stare:

He also comes with scales 0 and 13

Haohmon Infinity / Supreme King Gate Infinity
Dark Fiend / Pendulum / Effect
PS13 LV7 0/0
Pendulum Effect:
(1) If you control a monster, you cannot Pendulum Summon. This effect cannot be negated.
(2) Once per turn, if you control “Supreme King Dragon Zarc”: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; gain LP equal to its current ATK.
Monster Effect:
(1) Once per turn: You can target 1 other face-up card you control; destroy both this card and that card, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type Xyz Monster or Dragon-Type Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck, but its ATK and DEF each become 0, its effects are negated, also it cannot be use as a Material for a Synchro or Xyz Summon.
(2) If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect in the Monster Zone: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Dec 14, 2016

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

:lol:, dies to Utopia. Very rad though.

Errata'd Future Fusion still looks good.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MiddleOne posted:

:lol:, dies to Utopia. Very rad though.

Errata'd Future Fusion still looks good.

I'd argue he's better as Pendulum so dying to Utopia isn't that bad.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I'd argue he's better as Pendulum so dying to Utopia isn't that bad.

(4) If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

Wouldn't this phrasing suggest that it wouldn't be able to activate?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MiddleOne posted:

(4) If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

Wouldn't this phrasing suggest that it wouldn't be able to activate?

I don't think so. Can Utopia stop monster like Nirvana High Paladin or Odd Eyes Raging Dragon from being placed on the Pendulum zone?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I've never been a fan of Erratas to cards so they can come off the ban list, especially since most of they time they take perfectly acceptable cards and turn them into trash. Especially in this case, assuming those listed effects are correct, Cat is fine, Brio is fine, Goyo is :wtf: retcon that makes him a lot more worthless than he already is, Brain Control might be too strong, Imperial Order is still busted because it's a floodgates where I can use all of my spells first, and Future Fusion is still OTKs for days, just you have to wait a turn :downs:

Besides the bad Erratas showing that Konami sucks at card design, I actually do like the list, though.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Why did they even errata Goyo? He has been unbanned and unlimited for forever.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

MiddleOne posted:

Why did they even errata Goyo? He has been unbanned and unlimited for forever.

Well you see, the other Goyo monsters require Earth Tuners, so we though we'd keep him in line with their lore :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Goyo Guardian is actually Forbidden in the OCG. Just another example of the difference in mindsets between America and Japan, really.

And speaking of differences between the banlists, I can only pray we don't get the Tenki hit. It was bad enough when the ROTA hit basically burned my Battlin' Boxers, Noble Knights, and U.A. A Tenki hit will do the same for Moonlights and Fire Fists.

• Locked thread