Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
shut the gently caress up migf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

botany posted:

Disagree. If anything, this election taught us we can't dismiss the rougher midwestern voices from our party. If Wisconsin had their own MIGF and crew would Trump have won it?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

botany posted:

Win some loving elections so that I can piggyback off your methods. Clearly, pluralism and opposing white supremacy ain't a winning ticket for controlling all levels of government in America. How the gently caress you propose for Democrats to win other than by reuniting the New Deal coalition?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

the black husserl posted:

I'm interested in your thinking. My premise is that it would empower, not cripple the administration because hatred of Clinton is a primary motivating force among his base. My evidence is how often his supporters use CLINTON!! as a response to any and all criticism. I don't think they can afford to lose this tool.

well yeah im sure there will continue to be a constant, low-level output of NEW CLINTON EMAILS!! (theyre actually just the same emails but just fowarded to someone else) and CLINTON FOUNDATION PAY FOR PLAY!! (some rear end in a top hat wanted a favor and Huma told him to cram it) for the next four years, but going as far as a big show trial would probably, i hope, be a bridge too far. because putting your political opponent in court is a pretty big deal. the base would love it, of course, but wider reception might not be positive at all. it could still work, but i think forever dangling the possibility of the BIG SCANDAL THAT FINALLY BAGS CLINTON just out of the bases reach would be smarter than actually going for the kill. sort of like how popular understanding of the abortion issue is that its far more useful to the GOP as something that is almost, but never quite, about to be overturned if you would only just give them another term in office.

this all might be hopelessly optimistic, however.

because, again, president-elect Trump

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Leave some children behind is a great campaign slogan

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

I really don't think the average person who is not reading constant right-wing propaganda is going to think it's a good idea to try and criminally prosecute your former political opponent when she's basically out of the spotlight.
The average person loving despises Hillary Clinton. I think the "average person" kinda sounds like Bill Burr in this post-election rant. That's real contempt baby, not just typical politician dislike. They won't be clutching pearls about the sociopolitical niceties of the act and the implications, these aren't political scientists or historians. They'll be loving entertained.

I'm not saying this is guaranteed to be the plan but I'm hard-pressed to find a reason why they wouldn't or couldn't.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Trabisnikof posted:

Disagree. If anything, this election taught us we can't dismiss the rougher midwestern voices from our party. If Wisconsin had their own MIGF and crew would Trump have won it?

I called MI and WI going R months ago, and folk shouted me down as an idiot.

When the gently caress is the last time any of y'all ever lived in a town of less than a thousand folk? There is a real hurt in rural America, and Republicans cannot solve it. The only way to solve it is by uniting the farmers and laborers of America against St. Paul Democrats. If it was the Democratic party uniting them, hell, Trump wouldn't be the PEOTUS.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

My Imaginary GF posted:

There are a couple key takeaways I took from this election:

1. Americans crave genuine

They don't give a poo poo if you a genuine rear end in a top hat or a genuine nerd, they care you is genuine. I think all of America can agree: Donald Trump is a genuine rear end in a top hat.

2. Leave some children behind

The Democratic party has too big a tent to appeal to a sufficient base to win. The question our party must answer is how hard are we going to commit ourselves to evidence-based throwing identities under the bus? Illegals depress wages in minority communities; polygamists and bigamists should not be in America.

3. Change starts with you

Republicans gonna smash the state harder than a buncha late-30s white dudes with a synth in a mid-80s discoteque, so only you can step up on the local level and use honest graft to build a sufficient slushfund to run for higher office.

4. If Obama had nuked ISIS, Trump wouldn't have won

America is greateat when we are united to achieve a common goal. If we can no longer unite around death to islamofascist terrorists, what can we unite behind? This election was about uniting against clinton and muslims. Take away either one of those, and the Dem candidate woulda won.

welcome back

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Schmeichy posted:

Leave some children behind is a great campaign slogan

"Two kids enter, One kid leaves"

Torpor fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Nov 19, 2016

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i missed MIGF......

BUT MY AIMS GETTING BETTER!!! HEYO!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

paranoid randroid posted:

i missed MIGF......

BUT MY AIMS GETTING BETTER!!! HEYO!

Tried it your way.

loving lost in a landslide.

Now social security, medicare, air traffic control, HUD, they gonna be privitized. All because you motherfucking incompetent urban democrats can't get your loving heads out of your loving asses and understand that the majority of our electorate wants to see some identities oppressed above all else.

I'd rather see that oppression with an expanding social safety net than one which is eliminated.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
yeah okay whatever rahm

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Do y'all understand how our public institutions came to be? Hatred of identities. We got social security because it took from minorities to give to white women. We got school lunches and national fire codes out of hatred for catholics. We got a standardized rail gauge out of hatred for southerners. We got prohibition out of a hatred for germans, and repealed it out of a hatred for women.

America runs on hate and power for white folk. Use that hatred to advance an evidence-based agenda which benefits all deserving Americans.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Do y'all understand how our public institutions came to be? Hatred of identities. We got social security because it took from minorities to give to white women. We got school lunches and national fire codes out of hatred for catholics. We got a standardized rail gauge out of hatred for southerners. We got prohibition out of a hatred for germans, and repealed it out of a hatred for women.

America runs on hate and power for white folk. Use that hatred to advance an evidence-based agenda which benefits all deserving Americans.

Why did we get Kim Kardashian?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Enoch Powell was right. Nukes are a great evil.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Migf it's ok we won't have to worry about jobless rural folk after snap gets raided to fund the deck of a carrier.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

My Imaginary GF posted:

I know you're a gimmick account but come on you can't go being this obvious.

Four years of different factions of the Democratic party trying to take control of the party by squeezing each other out and shrinking a base that already lost once while not actually attracting back any of the people who didn't vote or winning over people on the Trump Train.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

My Imaginary GF posted:

I called MI and WI going R months ago, and folk shouted me down as an idiot.

When the gently caress is the last time any of y'all ever lived in a town of less than a thousand folk? There is a real hurt in rural America, and Republicans cannot solve it. The only way to solve it is by uniting the farmers and laborers of America against St. Paul Democrats. If it was the Democratic party uniting them, hell, Trump wouldn't be the PEOTUS.

I wouldn't have. I know it means nothing... but I was emailing, and for the gently caress of it sending twitter messages, to the Clinton campaign saying she needed to come back to Wisconsin before the end of the race. Chelsea Clinton ended up coming to a couple Democratic strongholds right before the end. Not really the effort you would expect in a potential "block" state as it had been predicted. Yet WI was a light blue state in just about every assessment.

And I grew up in a small city of ~3000 people.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Hollismason posted:

Why did we get Kim Kardashian?

Turkish failure to make America hate again. The godless Turks expropriated so loving much American property between 1919 and 1924 it ain't even loving funny. America deserves reparations with interest for the crimes of Ataturk in Anatolia.

America is great because it is a melting pot with Judeo-Christian morals above all others. Those values enable immigrants to come here, make some loving bank off their old country, and then lobby to be considered white. The godless Turks hosed with America's Orthodox communities by violating the human rights of tens of millions and costing America a few percentages off our economic growth last century.

It's time to make the Turks realize that we ain't loving around this time when we insist upon renegotiating the terms of the Treaty of Lausanne.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
*slams knife point-first into table* AMERICA NEEDS HATE TA GET AMPED FOR BUILDIN A NEW BIG DAM

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The whole reason we have a federal agency in charge of our airspace is because two airliners crashed into each other killing 128 people and we realized there needs to be national oversight.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

*slams knife point-first into table* AMERICA NEEDS HATE TA GET AMPED FOR BUILDIN A NEW BIG DAM

I HATE THE NATURAL ECOSYSTEM!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Acid Haze posted:

I wouldn't have. I know it means nothing... but I was emailing, and for the gently caress of it sending twitter messages, to the Clinton campaign saying she needed to come back to Wisconsin before the end of the race. Chelsea Clinton ended up coming to a couple Democratic strongholds right before the end. Not really the effort you would expect in a potential "block" state as it had been predicted. Yet WI was a light blue state in just about every assessment.

And I grew up in a small city of ~3000 people.

Clinton was an out of touch liberal elitist who was too afraid to be anything other than logical, at a time when America is in a very fragile emotional state.

After 6 years of a Republican Congress and a black President, America is like a girl on the verge of seventeen: Ready for a white man to call out her bullshit.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Turkish failure to make America hate again. The godless Turks expropriated so loving much American property between 1919 and 1924 it ain't even loving funny. America deserves reparations with interest for the crimes of Ataturk in Anatolia.

America is great because it is a melting pot with Judeo-Christian morals above all others. Those values enable immigrants to come here, make some loving bank off their old country, and then lobby to be considered white. The godless Turks hosed with America's Orthodox communities by violating the human rights of tens of millions and costing America a few percentages off our economic growth last century.

It's time to make the Turks realize that we ain't loving around this time when we insist upon renegotiating the terms of the Treaty of Lausanne.

That makes sense

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

That is, after all, how Mr. Smith got to Washington.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

duz posted:

The whole reason we have a federal agency in charge of our airspace is because two airliners crashed into each other killing 128 people and we realized there needs to be national oversight.

Yeah I am taking trains now.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Main Paineframe posted:

Personally, I don't think Trump himself will push any directly anti-Jewish legislation or policies. But he'll almost certainly foster a culture of apathy toward anti-Semitism, while he and his closest aides publicly make anti-Semitic statements that inspire anti-Semites to action.

They will also continue to conflate the American Jewish population with the state of Israel because it currently allows them to brush off claims of anti-semitism. So they'll continue their dog whistles about (((globalist bankers))), Soros, etc. Pretend I posted the canonical Lee Atwater quote and replaced incidences of anti-black racism with anti-semitism. That's what is happening with Republicans and the white nationalist alt right.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Democracy is good.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Hollismason posted:

Democracy is good.

Eh

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

That is, after all, how Mr. Smith got to Washington.

unite everyone in hatred of corny-rear end Capra bullcrap, sez i. we could go to Mars on that kind of power.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Hollismason posted:

Democracy is good.
Only with an informed populace which lol.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Hollismason posted:

Democracy is good.

Democratic institutions of government are best. Turkish rum dictators are worst.

I do agree with Trump that America has a common friend in Russia when it comes to liberating Anatolia from the grasp of Turkish despotism. Make the middle-east religiously diverse again.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

My Imaginary GF posted:

Trump is the extinction spike of white male privilege. We just underestimated how strong it would be. You respond to a tantrum by entrenching, not by negotiating.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

Clinton was an out of touch liberal elitist who was too afraid to be anything other than logical, at a time when America is in a very fragile emotional state.

After 6 years of a Republican Congress and a black President, America is like a girl on the verge of seventeen: Ready for a white man to call out her bullshit.

I don't think America was in a fragile emotional state. Quite the contrary there seemed to be a huge amount of desensitisation from the constant hate and anger that came out of Trump's run. A lot of people just kind of didn't want to believe it was happening, on both sides. Trump's own campaign office had a voter suppression division based on bombarding potential democrats over social media with constant, visceral, controversial and and sometimes fabricated campaign "news".

And... I don't know if I really agree with your analogy there.

Acid Haze fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 19, 2016

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Covok posted:

B-but he worships satan!!! What if he uses his dark side force powers to force choke up with his satan magic!?

This thread was full of HAIL SATANS a month ago

drat it d&d

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Things I learned from the 2016 election:

1) Nothing matters
2) Fake news is at least as good as real news
3) lmao at anyone in the 90s that thought the internet was going to be good for society.
4) The democratic party blows
5) never ever vote for a 3rd party candidate.

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Well, time to elect john stewart in 2020

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Armani posted:

This thread was full of HAIL SATANS a month ago

drat it d&d

I was anti-Trump until Steve Bannon revealed himself an admirer of Satan.

HAIL SATAN! SATAN LIVES!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Crowsbeak posted:

Yeah I am taking trains now.

Which is why Trump will make them run on time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Acid Haze posted:

I don't think America was in a fragile emotional state. Quite the contrary there seemed to be a huge amount of desensitisation from the constant hate and anger that came out of Trump's run. A lot of people just kind of didn't want to believe it was happening, on both sides. Trump's own campaign office had a voter suppression division based on bombarding potential democrats over social media with constant, visceral, controversial and and sometimes fabricated campaign "news".

And... I don't know if I really agree with your analogy there.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EB6Gecy6IP8

Gotta see the film, its pretty great. America is an immature teenage girl who is seeking attention and reaffirmation of her insecurities. Trump understood this and hosed that teenage America.

• Locked thread