Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I believe ???% also showed up during the exorcism arc, in Mob's mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Dr Subterfuge posted:

100% != ???%

Dimple was the introduction to the former, Teruki the latter. Dimple was "exercised" before Mob went to ???%, and I don't think Mob has done it since, so whether Dimple is aware of it or not depends on information I don't think we have.

Ah yeah I forgot. I was giving Dimple way too much credit in his first appearance.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

I am blanking, who was it that kept Mob from going ??? when he found what he thought was his family in the house on fire? Was it Dimple? It's been a while since I read that chapter.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Pretty sure it was Dimple. I don't think he knew he was going to stop ???%, but as a victim of 100% Anger, he knew letting Mob go completely off was going to be a horrible idea.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The % actually appears floating over Mob's head in glowing numbers.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Mother's Basement finally posted their Mob Psycho OP analysis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDXo56WeZbA

I'm posting it here instead of the anime thread because it goes over all the manga references, and seems to imply that the OP is hinting at things that haven't been shown in the manga, but that's speculation.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

awaiting scans

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

http://eyedelater.tumblr.com/post/153346387340/mob-psycho-100-chapter-977

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
This is getting good.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I'm really enjoying this slow burn of Mob getting closer to and closer to 100%. This story more or less started with Mob's encounter with Dimple. Looking forward to seeing how this resolves.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

The slow burn is great, but I think the burn in the omake is even better.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Reigen got owned by his precious student :(

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This was perfection.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I'm really enjoying this slow burn of Mob getting closer to and closer to 100%. This story more or less started with Mob's encounter with Dimple. Looking forward to seeing how this resolves.

I'm really enjoying this slow burn of mobs dinner

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

This is a cooking manga.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Bernardo Orel posted:

This is a cooking manga.

well SOMEBODY has to step up now that Toriko is over

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's cool to see confirmation Tsubomi has more going on than we have been shown so far. Makes me think she really was proud of Mob when he was kind to that girl who dated him on a bet, and pays attention to his life and cares about him.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Chapter 97.7 batoto link

Buzzsaw Roomba fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Nov 26, 2016

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mr. Lobe posted:

It's cool to see confirmation Tsubomi has more going on than we have been shown so far. Makes me think she really was proud of Mob when he was kind to that girl who dated him on a bet, and pays attention to his life and cares about him.

I honestly have no idea what gave you that impression.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tsubomi gives no fucks about anything other than Tsubomi. Mob deserves better. But he has Reigen so he also has better.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Shes a strong independant woman who dont need no man.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Haha the omake's on the end have been hilarious.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Tsubomi gives no fucks about anything other than Tsubomi. Mob deserves better. But he has Reigen so he also has better.

I disagree, at least from what we've got.

Look at what Dimple said. She was initially friendly and interested towards members of the cult. She cared what they had to say, she weighed the merits, and she decided on her own "You know what? This is crazy. I want no part of it." And then, once she'd decided, she was decided. Her friends could try and persuade her, she didn't go for it, because she knows what she wants and what she doesn't on her own.

Dimple's bit about Mob not having a chance? I'm not sure it's true. I mean, she can ignore psychic powers, and she probably won't go for muscles just because they're muscles, but she likes what she likes. That might include Shigeo, if he asks. He's grown as a person, and seems like he could be interesting company these days.

She gave members of a weird cult a chance. Can't see Mob doing much worse.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

http://eyedelater.tumblr.com/post/153666104617/mob-psycho-100-chapter-978

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dimple that is super rude. Please apologise.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I screamed with the last page and spooked my gf.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Dimple no

not that

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I was wondering what would cause the tick-over.

Never in my wildest dreams

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ONE, you glorious motherfucker.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I'm dying

I'm literally dying from laughter

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
what's the emotion going to be

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Farg posted:

what's the emotion going to be

100% Pity

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I think this might go in a direction we might not initially expect.

Mob was asking Dimple to be honest with him, and Dimple, on that last page, was being most sincerely honest and truthful.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Aww Dimple is so cute, he still thinks he knows anything about Mob.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Am I the only one finding the chapter a little bit sad, too? On the plus, the omake continues to be absolutely amazing and funny.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Chapter 97.8 batoto link

Buzzsaw Roomba fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 11, 2016

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

CrashScreen posted:

Am I the only one finding the chapter a little bit sad, too? On the plus, the omake continues to be absolutely amazing and funny.

Yeah I feel the same way.

I'm wondering if the 100% is going to be something some flavor of sympathy or compassion (or pity as some others have said). It doesn't seem like Dimple is being honest about his motivations here. Do we even know why he wants to be a god in the first place? I'm guessing there's probably some emotional baggage there from when he was alive.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

CrashScreen posted:

Am I the only one finding the chapter a little bit sad, too?

Oh, definitely. The whole chapter is super melancholy. The emotional whiplash helps make that final page so incredibly funny.

ONE is very good.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Mob is super innocent still so it's 100% SURPRISE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I kept thinking of something along the lines of 100% Pity, but the insult to his Date Shirt being what lead to 100% might change that.