Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Carlosologist posted:

my child Rowlet evolved into Miles Edgeworth, this is amazing

so where's Ten Carat Hill at? I want to catch Rockruff before I move on to the next island

It's to the left of the Pokemon lab beyond the patch of grass that looked like it was leading into a cliff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I haven't had a laugh this hard at anything Pokemon related in a while.

Thanks, Kiawe's Trial.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
In game trade NPCs are bad at nicknaming

Bouncee the Bounsweet are you kidding me that doesn't even fit with its evolutions

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

cheetah7071 posted:

In game trade NPCs are bad at nicknaming

Bouncee the Bounsweet are you kidding me that doesn't even fit with its evolutions
At least it's not as bad as those trainers who would do stuff like trade you a haunter holding an everstone.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm trying out the new Carnival hub for online. The first player I talk to is a soul-less looking girl with bright blue eyes from Japan. After I finish talking to her, her departing message is "I like bad things"

e: Wait all of my guests say this

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 19, 2016

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I just hatched a shiny Rowlet. Can't say I was expecting that.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

So I decided to use the release of Sun/Moon to finally try the Nuzlocke rule set.

Which ended shortly after the intro by a lucky crit on my starter by an electric type pokemon at the pokemon trainer school, leaving me with a single flying type to be obliterated one turn later.

:sigh:

Well hey, now I know better for attempt #2.

Out of curiosity, for anyone else doing one, how are people handling the routes being split apart into multiple "zones" on the map? Do you consider each zone a separate area, allowing yourself one capture per zone, or are you limiting yourself to the usual one catch per route rule?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Did they buff Bite? Teacher lady at the pokemon school's Meowth's Bite made my guys flinch, not exaggerating, seven times in a row

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

probably just luck, I haven't seen bite flinch anything yet. tho I have burned basically everything I've hit with ember thus far

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Calaveron posted:

Did they buff Bite? Teacher lady at the pokemon school's Meowth's Bite made my guys flinch, not exaggerating, seven times in a row

It's a 30% flinch, I think it was buffed in gen 5

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Calaveron posted:

You got hilariously bad luck with her.

Meanwhile I hit her with three mud-slaps and she refused to miss.

Also, I would like these characters so much more if they would just let me play the game! Other than that I have nothing against them. They're far better than the entire X/Y cast by far.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

first totem fight starts... first totem fight ends one brick break later. double fighting weakness ain't great, sorry for the beat down fatticate :v:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So I enter this new clothes store and there's an Oranguru that says Gu Do It!. Amazing.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also Dewpider is loving insane. I caught one at level 16, slapped Scald on it from the nearby TM and it absolutely clowned Totem Wishiwashi and Alomamola.

Its ability is loving insane :eyepop:

All hail cool water spider.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Calaveron posted:

My fight with her was insane.

Flinch. Flinch. Heal, Crit. Flinch. Heal. Flinch.

Like holy poo poo gently caress off.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Zore posted:

Also Dewpider is loving insane. I caught one at level 16, slapped Scald on it from the nearby TM and it absolutely clowned Totem Wishiwashi and Alomamola.

Is it really that good? I knew it's ability was friggin' ridiculous, but I planned on getting Golisopod instead. If it's really that fantastic, I might change my mind.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Z-Conversion Porygon-Z (lol) is super scary.

Z-conversion gives +1 to all stats and then changes your type to the first move in your moveset, and you have Adaptability so you basically start throwing out +1 double-STAB Thunderbolts or Ice Beams, and gain a bunch of speed and bulk. You could run 3 attacks, or 2 attacks + Recover.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I ordered lemonade why is it being served in a coffee cup

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cutiefly lives up to his name :3:

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Countblanc posted:

Z-Conversion Porygon-Z (lol) is super scary.

Z-conversion gives +1 to all stats and then changes your type to the first move in your moveset, and you have Adaptability so you basically start throwing out +1 double-STAB Thunderbolts or Ice Beams, and gain a bunch of speed and bulk. You could run 3 attacks, or 2 attacks + Recover.

The Stunfisk subreddit is sweeping whole teams with just Porygon-z with just bolt beam, conversion, and recover.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

this has probably already been asked but where the hell do you get more PokeBeans?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Man this game is slow. I don't mean it runs slow, but the game itself is just slow. All the cutscenes and interactions take forever. I'm only like an hour in but so far I'm kinda meh about the game itself. The pokedex is good and the new pokemon/alolan forms are cool but I don't know how i feel about the trials and poo poo yet

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
About to go through my first island trial. Wish me luck, fellow Alolans

e: I work at Best Buy and we were selling these things like hotcakes all day. Pokemon is alive and well my friends

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Nodoze posted:

Man this game is slow. I don't mean it runs slow, but the game itself is just slow. All the cutscenes and interactions take forever.

So,it's Pokemon directed by Hideo Koijma?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

TFRazorsaw posted:

this has probably already been asked but where the hell do you get more PokeBeans?

Buying anything at a Pokemon Cafe in Pokecenters includes a free sack of a randomly-chosen color of bean, plus once a day you also get a free region-exclusive status heal item (Lava Cookie, Lumiose Galette, etc.).

By the way Team Skull is the best. :allears: I was getting a little tired of bad guy teams that were all serious and melodramatic, so now we're back to goofy, ineffectual dopes like back in Gen 1 and 2.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zore posted:

wait where is this scald tm

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Oh poo poo the Berry Thief Boys interrupted my trial :ohdear:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I wasn't really ever blown away by the graphics in the trailers but having it in-hand I am absolutely amazed that gamefreak managed to pull this off on 3DS hardware. It really resembles some of the hayday PS2 games which, while not overtly impressive these days, is a pretty amazing leap for this series to make coming from where it was.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

EclecticTastes posted:

Buying anything at a Pokemon Cafe in Pokecenters includes a free sack of a randomly-chosen color of bean, plus once a day you also get a free region-exclusive status heal item (Lava Cookie, Lumiose Galette, etc.).

By the way Team Skull is the best. :allears: I was getting a little tired of bad guy teams that were all serious and melodramatic, so now we're back to goofy, ineffectual dopes like back in Gen 1 and 2.

I've bought multiple drinks and no beans.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TFRazorsaw posted:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i'm really not as far as i should be in this game at all. i'm actually interested in catching pokemon because the rotom pokedex is so cool.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Axel Serenity posted:

Oh poo poo the Berry Thief Boys interrupted my trial :ohdear:

the scene for telling them you forgot who they were is p good

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Seems like I just got a legit-looking Lunala from a Wonder Trade. Whoops. Hope you like that Abra.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Nodoze posted:

Man this game is slow. I don't mean it runs slow, but the game itself is just slow. All the cutscenes and interactions take forever. I'm only like an hour in but so far I'm kinda meh about the game itself. The pokedex is good and the new pokemon/alolan forms are cool but I don't know how i feel about the trials and poo poo yet

Guess what, it doesn't stop until the very end. Most of the cutscenes don't even add anything to the "story" and is just a bunch of tutorials and meaningless padding.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Manatee Cannon posted:

the scene for telling them you forgot who they were is p good

Now I'm kinda curious. I said I remembered them. They said I was amazing because "we are kinda identical y'know."

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Really not liking that field of yellow flowers on route 3. Every two steps is an encounter it seems like.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

whats the earliest i can get Wimpod

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

mabels big day posted:

whats the earliest i can get Wimpod
Route 8, according to serebii
you have to chase it

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Now I'm kinda curious. I said I remembered them. They said I was amazing because "we are kinda identical y'know."

They get a surprised look on their faces, say "Oh, so you can't tell who we are just because we swapped positions??" and then switch places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I like that there's an increased emphasis on story. Especially after XY when none of the Kalos gym leaders had much going for them.

The anime managed to make them kinda cool. They made Ramos of all characters entertaining. Ramos.