Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Rhyno posted:

Where have they said season five would be the last? Ratings are still good enough to continue I thought?

In that EW cover story last week they were hinting that they think they might've run out of story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Rhyno posted:

Where have they said season five would be the last? Ratings are still good enough to continue I thought?

They've always said they had the 5 year plan.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hollismason posted:

They've always said they had the 5 year plan.

So did Supernatural.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hollismason posted:

They could end it and restart as Green Arrow and the Outsiders. It'd be really good. Season 5 is suppose to be the "last".

edit:

Also, watching Legends of Tommorow and honestly the show isn't that bad.

LoT is absolutely great and fun but it's not high art in the slightest. Then again, I don't know why people keep watching it expecting that, so.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Ragman is great and they should keep him on permanently, or give him his own show, or give him to legends or something. He deserves it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

howe_sam posted:

My guess is a resurrected by Flashpoint Laurel?
That's not how Flashpoint works. poo poo just changed and nobody remembers any different.

Disappointed by the Evelyn reveal. I hope they do something interesting with it other than "Oh she's evil and working with Prometheus".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm glad it's her though, because she's easily the weakest link now so it should mean she isn't sticking around.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

So is Prometheus Sportsmaster, or would that get too confusing with Wild Dog and Casey Jones already being on the show?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So they might be pulling a bait and switch with the Vigilante thing because this week's episode had a separate credit for "voice of Vigilante."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

EW has a clip of Supergirl being introduced to everyone.

As usual, Digg is the best.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/18/flash-arrow-legends-tomorrow-supergirl-crossover-video

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

So they might be pulling a bait and switch with the Vigilante thing because this week's episode had a separate credit for "voice of Vigilante."

I doubt it, unless they're doing the dumb brother of Chase thing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Klungar posted:

So is Prometheus Sportsmaster, or would that get too confusing with Wild Dog and Casey Jones already being on the show?

There's already a DC supervillain named Prometheus who is basically an evil Batman who fights great and schemes elaborate ways to take down heroes. So I assume Prometheus is just Prometheus and this is more of Arrow stealing pretty heavily from Batman.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

There's already a DC supervillain named Prometheus who is basically an evil Batman who fights great and schemes elaborate ways to take down heroes. So I assume Prometheus is just Prometheus and this is more of Arrow stealing pretty heavily from Batman.

No, they said they were just taking the name.

Which I assume means the name will have some significance, otherwise why?

Comic Prometheus is an absurd character with a skill downloading helmet that runs off CDs who lives in not the phantom zone.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 18, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well, I assumed it was an adjusted Prometheus. Comic one isnt a Batman villain either but a JLA one but I was assuming they just grounded him to make a more appropriate version of "villain who wants to take down heroes and comes up with elaborate ways to".

But if they've officially shot that down then I dunno. I'm still betting on Felicity's boyfriend who gets way too much mention for such a barely there character.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guggenheim said he's not based on any comic character at all. Of course that's what Rocksteady said about the Arkham Knight.

Now that it looks like Felicity's boyfriend isn't there to be a source of drama, he's the likely candidate. Felicity working with the Hood and Arrows has been known by a lot of people, so him getting together with her as part of his plan makes sense.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 18, 2016

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Prometheus will turn out to be a Frankenstein's monster made from the corpses of Ollie's original "Undertaking" victims.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Neon Knight posted:

The Vigilante I am familiar with wears a white cowboy hat, red bandana and two revolvers.

nelson fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 19, 2016

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

No, they said they were just taking the name.

Which I assume means the name will have some significance, otherwise why?

Comic Prometheus is an absurd character with a skill downloading helmet that runs off CDs who lives in not the phantom zone.

Until Batman downloaded Stephen Hawking into his brain

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Aphrodite posted:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/18/flash-arrow-legends-tomorrow-supergirl-crossover-video

UGH they need to just collapse the Multi-Verse so she can be in every show :(

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Hollismason posted:

UGH they need to just collapse the Multi-Verse so she can be in every show :(

If they introduce Superboy then maybe...

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
My biggest gripe with the CW Multiverse is actually Diggs jr. It was just a throwaway joke in the Flash that because of Flashpoint a few details may have changed, mostly minor stuff. Diggle having a son instead of a daughter was just to show that these changes also affected the star city team. Sara Diggle was a big plot influence, on both her parents' actions and choices, and was even named after Sara Lance. It feels weird to have her just never existing and instead having a son that probably was a big influence on the plot in some other ways we will never know, unless everything just happened the exact same way, only with a boy instead of a girl.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Aphrodite posted:

Guggenheim said he's not based on any comic character at all. Of course that's what Rocksteady said about the Arkham Knight.

Prometheus is Roy. :tinfoil:

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

kjetting posted:

My biggest gripe with the CW Multiverse is actually Diggs jr. It was just a throwaway joke in the Flash that because of Flashpoint a few details may have changed, mostly minor stuff. Diggle having a son instead of a daughter was just to show that these changes also affected the star city team. Sara Diggle was a big plot influence, on both her parents' actions and choices, and was even named after Sara Lance. It feels weird to have her just never existing and instead having a son that probably was a big influence on the plot in some other ways we will never know, unless everything just happened the exact same way, only with a boy instead of a girl.

Apart from being named after Sarah, the gender of the kid has had no influence on anything.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it's been a throwaway thing done for the sake of the sole Arrow nod at Flashpoint but it's not as if Sara Diggle was in any shape or form a character. I'm sure John and Lyla loved their son just as much and had the same feelings when he was threatened as their daughter and Sara Lance came back from the dead anyway so the emotion of naming their kid to honor her is kinda moot.

I mean, it's kind of dark that Sara Diggle disappeared from existence and if you told John and Lyla they might feel weird about losing a daughter they never knew to gain the son they love. But there'd be no reason or person around Arrow to bring up that odd philosophical question.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, it's been a throwaway thing done for the sake of the sole Arrow nod at Flashpoint but it's not as if Sara Diggle was in any shape or form a character. I'm sure John and Lyla loved their son just as much and had the same feelings when he was threatened as their daughter and Sara Lance came back from the dead anyway so the emotion of naming their kid to honor her is kinda moot.

I mean, it's kind of dark that Sara Diggle disappeared from existence and if you told John and Lyla they might feel weird about losing a daughter they never knew to gain the son they love. But there'd be no reason or person around Arrow to bring up that odd philosophical question.

Barry telling them during the crossover and apologising could potentially make for quite a powerful scene, but yeah, it would also be pretty pointless and even selfish. Ignorance is bliss, and all.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

I am so excited for this :dance:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I thought it was coming up this week.

drat Americans and your fake, murder coverup holiday.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Honestly, I imagine there was some casting thing like the actress for Sara was unavailable or something so Flashpoint was a convenient way to writer her off and replace her.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xelkelvos posted:

Honestly, I imagine there was some casting thing like the actress for Sara was unavailable or something so Flashpoint was a convenient way to writer her off and replace her.

It's a baby. Nobody is going to notice if they switch actors

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

It's a baby not an actor. They probably used half a dozen already.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It was just a way to show Flashpoint affecting the Arrow characters without it actually affecting the Arrow show. Because it would have been kind of dumb for Flashpoint to NOT affect anything on Arrow, but it would have been super confusing for Arrow fans who don't watch Flash to make it something really meaningful to the show like someone coming back to life or having powers or something. So it manages to tick both boxes. It means something huge to the characters and sells the weight of it but means nothing really to the actual making or viewing of the show and can be explained off in with one line about "Flash, timey wimey".

Although the episode description for the Arrow episode of the crossover seems to hint that we may get a delayed Flashpoint episode, so that could address this more or affect more changes.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 19, 2016

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

STAC Goat posted:

Although the episode description for the Arrow episode of the crossover seems to hint that we may get a delayed Flashpoint episode, so that could address this more or affect more changes.

My guess is the Dominators put the whammy on Ollie to keep him out of commission while they take over

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maybe, but the description also had something about Barry revealing an upsetting confession, which you assume would be Flashpoint/Diggle's kid.

But I'd be interested in seeing why an invading alien force would deem distracting The Green Arrow as key to its success.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Probably because:
  • He's the only one capable of leading the team effectively.
  • He's probably the most dangerous (he'll do whatever it takes/kill if he has to) member of the team.
  • He fought the two most arguably powerful characters in the CW-verse to a standstill (Barry and Thawne).
  • It's already been proved that without him at 100%, the team can and will get their poo poo kicked in. Case in point: last season's crossover. He was distracted and Savage went Judgement Day on them, forcing Barry to go back in time for a reset.
  • Basically, he's the Batman of the CW crew.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Yeti he gets his rear end kicked by Vigilante. :D

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

He was worried about Curtis!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Medullah posted:

I would like to see Oliver fight a yeti on this show. Is Umaro available?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He did still win the fight.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
After three years of working with Barry Allen and Ray Palmer, et al., I'm pretty drat sure OIiver has a healthy supply of anti-cryptid arrows on hand just in case like King Shark or Grodd shows up one day to start poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

One of them is just a little payload container with $3.50 in there.

• Locked thread