Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I assumed they'll charge for cosmetic stuff like skins, pilot executions... a Spyglass Faction? :allears:

veni veni veni posted:

This used to be my MO but it seems like people have really wised up to nuclear eject and rarely fall for it anymore.

Yeah, Nuke eject's blast radius has been significantly reduced compared to TF1. You don't even really need to dash away to avoid getting caught in the blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If they charge money for dumb cosmetic stuff I'll buy some of it. Anything to keep games I like from going back to paid map packs.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I wonder if this will go free to play after they add a bunch of cosmetic bullshit.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That seems really unlikely.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

They are still selling TF1 for $10, a game with no campaign and I assume a fraction of the TF2 player base.

Also it's EA.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Haven't the only paid games that have tried going F2P that weren't already ancient, complete unsalvageable bombs, like Evolve, which never even went F2P on consoles afaik.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Wazzit posted:

They are still selling TF1 for $10, a game with no campaign and I assume a fraction of the TF2 player base.

Also it's EA.

TF1 easily had the player numbers of this game even a year ago.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

stop posting that there are 300 people in your data center looking for your gamemode and going "OMG 300 PEOPLE GAMES DEAD"
when you go to choose a game mode it shows you how many thousands of people are online

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

FiestaNinja posted:

"This camouflage will be perfect for the rave!"

You're not playing Titanfall 2 right if you're not using all pink camo.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

zolthorg posted:

stop posting that there are 300 people in your data center looking for your gamemode and going "OMG 300 PEOPLE GAMES DEAD"
when you go to choose a game mode it shows you how many thousands of people are online

It's got a low player count and it's a valid thing to worry about for people thinking about picking up the game. It came out like two weeks ago, and I've never seen more than 5k people online at a time. It's abysmal. I want more people to get the game cause it rules, but it's a real concern that it's already got such low playercounts.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

multiplayer is so god dam hard.. i got 0 kills 0 bucks. wtf is going on

panda clue
May 23, 2014

zolthorg posted:

Denying that the low player count is a potential issue isn't gonna do anyone any good. This is one of the most fun shooters I've played in a decade, but the low player count is real. If you're playing during off-hours, most of the modes outside of attrition are borderline unplayable.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

zolthorg posted:

It's Friday night and there's 5053 people playing on PC, that's VERY loving bad.

Titanfall 2 my favorite shooter right now even with all of my complaints and I loving love the series and universe the two games have built but this game hasn't even been out a month and it's already at a third of it's release day player counts (which I never saw go over 15K). This is super worrisome for PC players since it looks like TF2 is dying a lot faster than TF1 did.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I want to thank the man who decided to put the entire credits movie in slow-motion.

It was like something out of an 80s movie.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

PantsBandit posted:

I want to thank the man who decided to put the entire credits movie in slow-motion.

It was like something out of an 80s movie.

HEY! gently caress you, buddy!!

No.... no I can't be mad at you. You had nothing to do with it.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Zarcnest posted:

Stick with it, it can seem ungodly fast at first. At first i felt like an idiot, but I've slowly gotten the hang of it over a couple sessions and now i only feel like an idiot half the time. The other half of the time i nail someone all the way down the wash in Crash Site with a pulse blade, take out a titan, nuke my own to take out another, then walk away from the explosion in slow motion then get meleed by the guy i didn't know was above me.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Whats the reccomendation for chips/ejections / nuke etc?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

BlindSite posted:

Whats the reccomendation for chips/ejections / nuke etc?

With titans it's usually a safe thing to put in the extra dash. Battlechip is good on scorch if you're into autotitans.

Beyond that you're going to have to be more specific than this.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mindblast posted:

With titans it's usually a safe thing to put in the extra dash. Battlechip is good on scorch if you're into autotitans.

Beyond that you're going to have to be more specific than this.

Nah, i run tone. Just wondering if there was something op i should be using that I wasnt. Extra dash has been good for gettin the gently caress outta places fast.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Zarcnest posted:

Turn on auto sprint and use SMGs. That is at least a start. But yeah, this game is pretty unforgiving, but once things start to click and you start doing things really fluidly it feels way better than any other shooter.

Note I am still a scrub who can't aim and my average lifetime when using Ronin is about 10 seconds.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I got, like, a 3 kill feed from my nuked Ronin and I was all "Ohhhh poo poo I gotta save thaaat!"

Then, a few days later I think I got a 6 kill feed from my nuke Ronin and I was all "looo9oooolllll I gotta save THAT!"

Haven't looked at those clips yet, but the point of this post is NUKE Ronins are great and you should never give up on greatness!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Nah, i run tone. Just wondering if there was something op i should be using that I wasnt. Extra dash has been good for gettin the gently caress outta places fast.

Turbo engine is the great default. For the other meaningful option it depends on how often you crit. I usually stick with the partial lock boost but the other options seem like they could be good.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Zarcnest posted:

Ive done no worse than 2nd and I've only been playing for like 4 hours.

Slide and jump round corners. Sprint through open areas, jump and slide randomly making yourself a harder target, dont worry about adsing a smg unless theyre at distance. Dont 1 v 1 other titans if you can help it, or theyre damaged. I find flanking then hitting with 40mm and rockets, wait for them to turn, pop shield and hit again works really well. I use stims for the quick heal in cover to win 1v1s. Try not to wall run in the open.

If you have to, try to follow a team mate either pilot or titan (when in titan) to get you in more 2 v 1 than 1 v 1 or 1 v 2 situations.

Depending on game mode use control and patrol kind of play style rather than wandering aimlessly. Push to where the enemy is and set up in an area where they have to come to you rather than pushing to them. Try to make sure your rear end and one flank is covered.

These are mostly applicable to just about any fps pvp though and usually work pretty well till you get a handle on the finer points.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Nov 19, 2016

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mindblast posted:

Turbo engine is the great default. For the other meaningful option it depends on how often you crit. I usually stick with the partial lock boost but the other options seem like they could be good.

Cheers, I win most of my 1v1s unless I'm super hurt even took down a full health scorch while critical today, just looking for the little bits to give an egde.

I'll give the others a whirl.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Cheers, I win most of my 1v1s unless I'm super hurt even took down a full health scorch while critical today, just looking for the little bits to give an egde.

I'll give the others a whirl.

Here's what lots of tone players overlook: the splash damage from a 40 mm shot will give a partial lock! If you're dealing with a tenacious opponent who uses cover/shields well, shoot around it in a near surface(floor, wall. Doesn't matter) and gain locks that way.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mindblast posted:

Here's what lots of tone players overlook: the splash damage from a 40 mm shot will give a partial lock! If you're dealing with a tenacious opponent who uses cover/shields well, shoot around it in a near surface(floor, wall. Doesn't matter) and gain locks that way.

Thanks for the tip. Didnt know that. Ive been firing my rockets above and around shields. Didnt know about the 40mm.

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!
Scorch pro tip, if you look straight up and shoot your gas canisters they'll land behind you about a titan length away, makes it super easy to put them on top of a drop ship.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

radintorov posted:

The more I use it, the more I like the Firestar.
Especially when I nail someone in the face with it. :getin:

Even if the face you stick it to is your team-mate's, who is wallrunning to smack that same enemy dude in the face. I had that drat thing attached to me for like 10 seconds after that kill. :v: Wish I'd recorded my view of that.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

:shrug:

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
Hope_is_a_lie.gif

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
shout out to the battlefield goons we just beat :smug:

lmao

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm not sure I get Last Titan Standing. I'm all for elimination modes but limiting it to the most crowded clusterfuck corridors and making it titans instead of pilots seems super lame. It's kind of fun but there's a lot of design decisions that seem weird to me.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

One of the best :fuckoff: moments I've seen.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Antoine Silvere posted:

shout out to the battlefield goons we just beat :smug:
V rude that you got carried by that Codeacious guy imho (I have no clue if he was in your party or not actually)

:mad:

At least I got this
https://gfycat.com/HelpfulSlimArgentinehornedfrog

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Insert name here posted:

V rude that you got carried by that Codeacious guy imho (I have no clue if he was in your party or not actually)

:mad:

At least I got this
https://gfycat.com/HelpfulSlimArgentinehornedfrog

He was indeed in our party. We call him baby bjorn because he is always carrying our team

Also cut me some slack I was using the smr :mad:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Just bought this on Origin for PC, it's got a 33% off deal. After seeing all the rave reviews, why not?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

AirRaid posted:

Even if the face you stick it to is your team-mate's, who is wallrunning to smack that same enemy dude in the face. I had that drat thing attached to me for like 10 seconds after that kill. :v: Wish I'd recorded my view of that.
You really should've: I was curious to see how it looked on your end. :v:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Antoine Silvere posted:

He was indeed in our party. We call him baby bjorn because he is always carrying our team

Also cut me some slack I was using the smr :mad:
If you can brag about stomping us while we had someone who literally was playing their very first match ever and never played the first game I can throw some shade your way for dying to me mister :mad:

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Nov 19, 2016

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

This used to be my MO but it seems like people have really wised up to nuclear eject and rarely fall for it anymore.

I dunno I only picked up Nuke Ronin a day or two ago and I am doing poo poo like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SztK7-PjN4Q

Pretty much every other match.

Would've been a quad kill if Amebix hadn't MGL sniped the Ion on the right just before my nuke went off. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

If you're losing against a legion or other 1/no dash Titans, it doesn't matter if they fall for it or not, they usually just can't actually move away fast enough