Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Koramei posted:

What, through walls?

No it was an interior wall so the drone was on the ceiling.

Chalet front, game room into bar.

Drone was in the gameroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Nah, the pistol now two-shots anyone so you can run around with laser sight on it and interrogate one after another with little to no effort. Before that I'd see one interrogation every couple of games, now 3 interrogations per round is normal sight.

Two shots within 10 metres or whatevs. It's still not that OP, most guns down in two shots at that range.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
Caveira is more likely to get killed mid-interrogation more often than not from what I've seen.

She's a fun way to play peekaboo while roaming from cover to cover instead of sitting on the objective. I think players are generally focused on using her for harassment tactics than really supporting their team through repeatedly pinging enemy locations. If you're seeing her get away with it more than twice a round I think you're lucky because from my experiences going for a downed player has been a really high risk when compared to just finishing them off.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hard please add dismemberment. I want to rip a fellas leg clean off when he steps on the welcome mat

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Hard please add dismemberment. I want to rip a fellas leg clean off when he steps on the welcome mat

And when you pick them up from the trap they have to hop around on one leg at a slower movement speed.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
and beat the corpse senseless with said limb? That's coming along executions.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Hard posted:

Now we're talking!

How about blasting a hole in someones corpse then using them as a meat shield you can shoot through?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
I just ran into this weird thing on a defend the hostage mission on the new map. Playing as bandit, the last three enemies in the first wave stopped working. I waited about 30 seconds, peeked a corner, and there were two of them just aiming an intact destructible wall. I killed them, and about 20 seconds later, the third guy appears from whereever and I shoot him.

Next round, clear down to two baddies, and the game just stalls out. They don't appear anywhere, even when I spend a couple minutes looking for them across the entire map.

The things I do to clear my challenge lists.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hard posted:

Finally! It's about drat time other FPSes took cues from Do4m.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

slap me and kiss me posted:

Two shots within 10 metres or whatevs. It's still not that OP, most guns down in two shots at that range.
Eh, no, on defender side only shotguns can do that, and they too inconsistent these days.

Thief posted:

Caveira is more likely to get killed mid-interrogation more often than not from what I've seen.
That is a bad Caveira player.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hard posted:

I would say that the problem might be on their end but if you can't hear ANYONE it might be that your voice chat volume is turned off? Which platform are you on ?

Voice chat volume is pretty much universally hosed in Siege unless you mic boost the utter crap out of your microphone. Which generally isn't possible if you're using a microphone that runs through USB.

I sent an email to the maker of my headset (Kingston HyperX Cloud II) and they basically said "Yeah, poo poo is broken in Siege, sorry dude, it's a developer thing."

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Hard posted:

Somebody's been playing too much Gears of War.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Hard posted:

I would say that the problem might be on their end but if you can't hear ANYONE it might be that your voice chat volume is turned off? Which platform are you on ?

No, Pulse is the only one to see the bleep on his sensor. Same concept applies to IQ's scanner. Use your (currently broken) voicechat!

Draxion posted:

Lots of people have garbage mics they didn't bother setting up at all, and so will end up whining at you at volumes inaudible to the human ear. If you NEVER hear voice chat, make sure you haven't muted it or something.

Pulse doesn't mark enemies, as far as I know. Hit Z to point at them, though in my experience people don't pay attention to those at all.
Thanks for the responses. I feel like a right idiot for most of those Cardiac sensor assists now, but I've also had good results pressing Z.

I'm playing on PC in Europe, so people using voice chat is especially rare. But the icon shows up and I never hear the other players. I have looked through the settings and voice is not muted, but I can't find an individual volume slider for it. iirc other players can hear me.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

No mention in here of the freezing bug? 3 to 5 times a round the game freezes solid for 3ish seconds, usually for everyone, sometimes teammates mention it and I'm not frozen),

played 10 ranked matches yesterday, new operators are awesome. Getting hit by that drone WRECKS you. The 10 games seemed well layed out, each match got progressively harder, we won 9 in a row, the 10th game had us up against some guys that were around level 280 I think. Saltiest team I'd ever played. 3 of us were diamonds, 2 of us were plat 3's, they not only stomped us, but no one on our team got more than 1 kill, and these guys did not drone nor did they rush. If I wasn't on console I would have a hard time believing they weren't cheating. Crazy good.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
That freeze is ps4-hibina only.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

If you have been unable to hear in game VoIP i found the solution today

Ubisoft or something else has messed with your playback settings. You'll need to right click your volume on the taskbar, hit playback. Once here, right click on the correct playback device and hit "set as default communications device".

You might also have to go into the uplay overlay, find the settings tab and make sure your speakers are on the correct device there as well.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Speaking of freezing, I was in a pre-made with goons and another friend. We were on the second or third round of Skyscraper when the game froze, for the entire team, before crashing to desktop. I didn't think to hit the record button afterward so I'm not very helpful.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Had the same thing happen on Favela when I died as Hibana rappelling outside the objective.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Speaking of freezing, I was in a pre-made with goons and another friend. We were on the second or third round of Skyscraper when the game froze, for the entire team, before crashing to desktop. I didn't think to hit the record button afterward so I'm not very helpful.

By premade do you mean custom with 10 players? Customs have a player acting as host, if poo poo happens to him, everybody else will get hit.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Also, sorry PS4, No Hibana for you until further notice. It also means exclusivity will be pushed back. Don't shoot the messenger. I'm about to sleep at work anyways.

quote:

On PS4, we have been investigating a FPS drop to 0 that occurs when Hibana uses her unique gadget for the first time in any round. When this freeze happens, it lasts for several seconds and impacts players randomly in the match. We have worked very hard on potential fixes for this issue, including replacing her gadget, but unfortunately we do not have a solution to this issue that we are satisfied with and can push immediately.
At the moment, the only option to restore a playable gameplay experience is to disable Hibana from the Operator rotation on PS4 until we are able to deploy a partial solution for this issue on Tuesday, November 22nd with the patch 5.1 that significantly reduces the occurrence of the freezing. We are aiming to have her restored for Season Pass owners on this date as well, with this partial fix.
Obviously, this is a difficult decision, but it is necessary to ensure that players have uninterrupted matches. As this impacts Season Pass players the most, we will be extending the exclusivity period for only Hibana on PS4 for every day that she is not in the rotation. We will also be activating a 50% Renown boost for every player (including non-season pass owners) on PS4, starting today until Hibana works as intended and we deploy a final fix.
Echo will not be delayed, and will be unlockable for non-Season Pass owners on the previously scheduled date of November 24th. We will keep you updated on Hibana’s availability for non-Season Pass owners as soon as we have a full resolution for this issue.
We apologize for this inconvenience and we hope you understand as we work restore functionality of Hibana on PS4. Please know that this is our top priority, and we are working around the clock.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Hard please add location based damage. I want fools to walk slow after they get shot in the leg.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Looks like they hosed up and accidently replaced the charms with each other, otherwise, pls explain this. Colorwise it makes more sense even.

Paradigmata fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 19, 2016

Twazuk
Oct 3, 2010
I was 7 points from diamond and we get thrown into a game with 3 pro players and we get a disconnect.

; _ ; good bye 142 points

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Hard all I wanna do is give you guys more real money for fake money.

The in game store doesn't work when buying Clancy Bucks.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
:smithicide:

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Paradigmata posted:

Looks like they hosed up and accidently replaced the charms with each other, otherwise, pls explain this. Colorwise it makes more sense even.

Don't take my fake diamond charm away. tia

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Devilbro giveth and Devilbro taketh away
Good patch overall Hard. With Hibana, can you make it so she doesn't auto put away her charge gun when you fire the third shot, wasting that time between shooting the wall and having to switch back and wait out the long animation lock before being able to start the absurdly long detonation time on her charges is :suicide:

New lighting system for windows means I don't get shot from the dark void/surface of the sun which is rad! Keep up the good work. Also the sound Yokai makes when it fires is glorious.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Anyone got a new discord link? The one in the OP that wasn't supposed to expire has expired. Picked this up on sale and first chance to actually play it since free weekend.

uplay= M0istGrandma

Finlands Sexiest
Feb 26, 2007

Inside Out Mom posted:

Anyone got a new discord link?

https://discord.gg/NKdea sorry if that doesn't work, I don't know if I'm doing this right

e: still the best game ever

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Re: the window/lighting thing. I still can't tell a difference between pre and post patch. I find that the red dot from the red dot sight completely vanishes sometimes when you mouse over a bright spot if you're peeking out of a window say. :ohdear:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Same thing just happened with an entirely different group. Someone used Hibana's thing and the game crashed for everyone.

EDIT: Just saw your reply, Hard. By premade I mean 5 people on a team against random pubs, no custom games.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
Hey Hard,

I bought all of the Elite skins already please keep making this awful game that I love so much!

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Hard posted:

War of the Roses style executions in R6 please.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Re: the window/lighting thing. I still can't tell a difference between pre and post patch. I find that the red dot from the red dot sight completely vanishes sometimes when you mouse over a bright spot if you're peeking out of a window say. :ohdear:

This is a new bug in this patch and very annyoing, reddot flackers and gets invisible on bright spots, same with acog.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Hard, where is my Caveira elite skin?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The lag is horrible this patch, rubberbanding everywhere and so are the enemies. It seems kind of like infrequent packet loss.

Still enjoying the hell out of the game, played a ton of matches and won almost all of them. 3-0'd some salty racist douchebags on Bank, I went 8-0 and then their teammate left and joined us, she kicked rear end in all subsequent matches. Game owns. :getin:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Yo Hard what the gently caress is with these 3 minute ranked rounds. poo poo is hosed up and bullshit.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I wish it wasen't an additional $55 to get all the chibi operator charms. Somtimes i'm a in a Twitch mood and others i'm a Blackbeard you know? If the Clancy Bux bundles gave like 1000 more creds for maybe $10 less i'd be all over it.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I used my 600 season pass Clancybucks and a bunch extra to get all the elite dudes because good work making some not terrible weapon skins unlike every other skin in the game.

The new uniforms are kind of hit and miss but pretty good overall!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinless
Jan 16, 2014

causticBeet posted:

Hard please add location based damage. I want fools to walk slow after they get shot in the leg.

Hard please stop nerfing shields

• Locked thread