Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Do they know it's not 2004 anymore?

No, corporate stopped sending them new calendars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'm still having a hell of a time finding the 2.5" Metroid, can anybody grab one for me if you see it? They seem to be showing up at Wal-Mart and st TRU.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

Louisgod posted:

I'm still having a hell of a time finding the 2.5" Metroid, can anybody grab one for me if you see it? They seem to be showing up at Wal-Mart and st TRU.

Did Targets just stop carrying them when they added the collectibles section to electronics?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Daaku Shinsei posted:

Did Targets just stop carrying them when they added the collectibles section to electronics?

Target is just constantly waffling with them. They've been in the toys section with all the pokemon poo poo at the Targets around here, even the stores that seemed to have discontinued them months ago, but unless you catch them being unboxed, the stock always looks like hell.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Vegastar posted:

Target is just constantly waffling with them. They've been in the toys section with all the pokemon poo poo at the Targets around here, even the stores that seemed to have discontinued them months ago, but unless you catch them being unboxed, the stock always looks like hell.

Individual Targets have their own guy that stock certain items.

Excell is one vendor - they do Heroclix, and are inconsistent from store to store. Some stores get regularly stocked with Heroclix by Excell vendors, and others never receive a thing. They usually stock near the sports cards by the registers, but sometimes they put $1 packs in the aisles by the registers, and sometimes put a box by the Magic cards and board games in the toy section.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
threezero just put a Saitama figure up for preorder and I may have spent 180 dollars on it. What have I done?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Djarum posted:

threezero just put a Saitama figure up for preorder and I may have spent 180 dollars on it. What have I done?

Was going to post about how I wanted it but already have so many other things preordered, but gently caress it I went ahead and got the exclusive one with the street clothes too.

I got the Sentinel Casshan/Casshern a good while back and they recently released his loyal robo-pup Friender which I also had to have.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I treated myself to an early birthday present and ordered the 4 Creatureplica cryptids: the North American Sasquatch, the Himalayan Yeti, the Louisiana Rougarou, and the Horrorhound. Monsters, horror, and paranormal stuff is my weakness so I knew I was going to have to pick these guys up eventually.

First off the figures look amazing. They're pretty big too. Without the bases the Sasquatch is the shortest at 7 inches and the Rougarou and the Horrorhound are around 9 inches. The downside is the articulation. The Rougarou and Horrorhound are decent enough to move around and the Rougarou has jaw articulation, but Yeti and Sasquatch really could have used some ab crunch. For some reason I can't get the Sasquatch to twist at the waist and I'm afraid I'm going to break it in half if I try too hard.

Now I have to figure out where the hell I'm going to display them. I heard the 2nd wave will have Alien Greys and a Wendigo.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
These are cool looking, so I looked up the line. This may be the greatest action figure related image I've ever seen.

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 17, 2016

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Do they have one of the Mothman? That's my favorite cryptid.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

These are cool looking, so I looked up the line. This may be the greatest action figure related image I've ever seen.

You know a toy is good when it gets endorsed by the British Columbia Scientific Cryptozoology Club. Those guys are very protective of their name and brand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBDT9nFYKwQ

Xenomrph posted:

Do they have one of the Mothman? That's my favorite cryptid.

Not yet. I'm hoping for a Jersey Devil and a Flatwoods Monster.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Mothman shouldn't count as a cryptid. Even people who believe in it think it's some kind of magical future predicting demon thing, not an actual animal.

It's also totally just an owl

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Grant DaNasty posted:

You know a toy is good when it gets endorsed by the British Columbia Scientific Cryptozoology Club. Those guys are very protective of their name and brand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBDT9nFYKwQ

Not yet. I'm hoping for a Jersey Devil and a Flatwoods Monster.

Man, a Flatwoods Monster would be cool as hell. Maybe a Hopkinsville Goblin 3-pack while they're at it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Mothman shouldn't count as a cryptid. Even people who believe in it think it's some kind of magical future predicting demon thing, not an actual animal.

It's also totally just an owl

gently caress you, I want a cool Mothman figure. :colbert:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xenomrph posted:

gently caress you, I want a cool Mothman figure. :colbert:

https://www.amazon.com/Wild-Life-Artist-Barn-Plush/dp/B007M63U98/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1479346820&sr=8-3&keywords=barn+owl

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

you mean grey aliens

Schrecken
May 21, 2016

Child of Woe
Awhile back Mezco made a Mothman figure. If I remember correctly it was about 4" to 5" tall. I kind of wish I would have picked up one of them and the Jersey Devil they made when they went on clearance at Toys R Us.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
TRU has Star Wars Black figures at $9.99

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

Fuzz posted:

Got my Datong Frieza and holy poo poo, you guys weren't kidding... it really is pretty drat nice quality, even better than most of the videos I've seen. I daresay in some ways its actually nicer than the real deal... the pearlescent purple has a great kind of reflective sheen to it and the feel of the plastic they use to make the figure is sorta cooler than the standard figures, kinda... rubbery but still solid, for lack of a better description. The energy beam effects are cloudy and have air bubbles, same as most vids show, but meh, no big deal.

Did yours come with all the correct hands? The ONLY complaint I had about mine was a one duplicate left hand.

Schrecken
May 21, 2016

Child of Woe
There are reports of people finding new NECA 7" DC figures at Toys R Us, this year the figures are "Batman Begins" Batman and "Arkham City" Harley Quinn. Last year the Superman and Joker figures were must-haves for me, but with these I'll just pick up the Batman if I see it in stores.

http://news.toyark.com/2016/11/18/neca-7-inch-scale-christian-bale-batman-arkham-city-harley-quinn-revealed-231150

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I knew NECA wouldn't let us down. I really wish it had been the Pfeiffer Catwoman than that garbage Harley design though.

Schrecken
May 21, 2016

Child of Woe
I'm hoping we will see the Catwoman next year. It's also possible there may be a third figure this year like last year. I'm thinking it might be the Burt Ward Robin or "Batman Returns" Penguin.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Did Mattel lose the license to do 7" DC stuff?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

No, NECA gets around it by packing them with DVDs and Mohamed Ali.

Schrecken
May 21, 2016

Child of Woe
NECA has responded about the figures, they said that the Batman and Harley are the only 2 figures this year. They also said that they are due to be officially released after Thanksgiving, and as of now there will be no online options to buy them.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
BAF or SDCC Dormammu? I can't decide...

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Zorglorfian posted:

BAF or SDCC Dormammu? I can't decide...

Looks like you win either way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=parxEFqoDCA

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of which, anyone got a extra arm from the comic Dr Strange?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I dunno, but if anyone needs the pizza spidey Hobgoblin leg (left) or Absorbing Man's heads, let me know.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Long shot here, but if anyone has ultimate green goblin's left arm, or even abomination's left arm, I could use a...hand...ugh. Sorry. But really, I could use a left arm here.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The next wave of 6" Black Series (Sabine, Revan, ANH Obi-Wan, ANH Leia, AT-AT Driver, OT Snowtrooper) has shown up in Thinkgeek brick and mortar stores, so a normal release should be around the corner.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Sabine is good and cool!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Waiting on my Amazon pre-order for Obi-Wan, Sabrine, and 3PO to ship.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

How hard is Revan going to be to get? Should I start the satanic rituals now or...?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I've seen exactly one Ahsoka since it came out, and I'm willing to bet Revan will be more popular, so...

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Schrecken posted:

NECA has responded about the figures, they said that the Batman and Harley are the only 2 figures this year. They also said that they are due to be officially released after Thanksgiving, and as of now there will be no online options to buy them.

Looks like people are staring to see these drizzle into TRUs this weekend so keep an eye out. Random Fwoosher in Portland grabbed one for me and I'm happy to grab either one for anybody here when they show up my way.

Still searching for a 2.5" Metroid.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Strange question, but can someone tell me what it says on the front of this stand? A friend of mine was wondering and damned if I know.

http://www.urbansamuraihobbies.com/very-cool-stone-shaped-display-stand/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...hen-series.html

The stand was made as an extra for that figure, from some Chinese game called Dou Zhan Shen. The text looks to be the logo of that game.

It means something like War God Battle.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Nov 20, 2016

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Actually it says "anime is bad"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Louisgod posted: