Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I got PokeRus in my first game of White. Maybe I can spread it around a bit come January. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Brother Entropy posted:

one time in platinum i got pokerus within half an hour of finding a shiny shinx

to balance out that kind of luck i'm expecting to basically never get another shiny again

I caught shiny Meowstick M and Meowstick F within an hour of each other in X and I'm fairly certain I've never seen another shiny since.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

The Moon Monster posted:

Minior is cool and I like it, too bad it's terrible.

haha what, it's great

immune to status above 50%, so you aren't preventing it from setting up shell smash and murdering things

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
Does anyone have images of all the hairstyles and clothes now?

Also when does Pokemon Bank go live for Sun/Moon? January 1st?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

LemonLimeTime posted:

Does anyone have images of all the hairstyles and clothes now?

Also when does Pokemon Bank go live for Sun/Moon? January 1st?

Here's male and female hair, respectively
https://nowloading.co/p/all-male-hairstyles-in-pokmon-sun-and-moon/4149599
https://nowloading.co/p/all-the-female-hairstyles-in-pokmon-sun-and-moon/4148815

They haven't announced a specific date for Pokemon Bank getting SM compatibility, just "January."

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Beasteh posted:

haha what, it's great

immune to status above 50%, so you aren't preventing it from setting up shell smash and murdering things

or you could use the other shell smashers that actually have offensive stats and just give them a lum berry

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Pakled posted:

https://nowloading.co/p/all-the-female-hairstyles-in-pokmon-sun-and-moon/4148815

They haven't announced a specific date for Pokemon Bank getting SM compatibility, just "January."

I haven't seen "long and tousled" yet for boys but I'm only on the first island. Does it show up later?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I am so close to Mimikyu i can feel it

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Ruggington posted:

or you could use the other shell smashers that actually have offensive stats and just give them a lum berry

it gets offensive stats at <50%.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I want a Mareanie but these fishing spots are being very unkind right now. On the plus side, lots of Heart Scales flowin in.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Researcher: If you could show me a feebas that'd be great!
A Big Dummy: Oh, this one should certainly pay out more than 3k because that's a really rare catch! And he's a researcher with grant money, not just some random!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
My copy of Sun just arrived. Just six more days of staring at it until I get my 3DS.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Ruggington posted:

I mean >50% Minior doesn't have great stats offensively, but once that shield comes off, it's actually one of the stronger Shell Smash users. And that status protection isn't a one time deal.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
goddammit i am not leaving route 8 until i have a stufful with fluffy and a non-poo poo nature!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Inflammatory posted:

goddammit i am not leaving route 8 until i have a stufful with fluffy and a non-poo poo nature!

You can at least help the nature thing potentially by going back into the first city (Hau'oli I think?) and catching a bunch of Abras until you have one with the nature you want and Synchronize. I did that at the beginning until I had a half decent SpAtk nature option (Mild, better than nothing) and a good Atk option (Jolly). Anyway, I hope you catch your teddy bear thing in a timely fashion, kinda like I hope I can fish up a Corsola sometime this century so I can feed it to something cooler.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Trial six:
"Okay, so conveiyer belt and gotta snap picture? nope, no ghost, no option to filter... what do i- *tilts 3ds up and ghastly is there* OHF UCK!"
2spoopy4me :ohdear:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Pakled posted:

How come girls don't get cool red hair, Gamefreak?
I want cool red hair!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Trial six:
"Okay, so conveiyer belt and gotta snap picture? nope, no ghost, no option to filter... what do i- *tilts 3ds up and ghastly is there* OHF UCK!"
2spoopy4me :ohdear:

OKAY FOR REAL THE LAST BIT OF THE TRIAL IS CREEPY AS gently caress

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

How come girls don't get cool red hair, Gamefreak?
I want cool red hair!

i want pink hair like the punk girl

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
when do guys get the red hair option, it wasn't in the first salon.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Pakled posted:

That can't be all of them

I've seen people post pictures of their girl with twin tail type things

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

El Burbo posted:

That can't be all of them

I've seen people post pictures of their girl with twin tail type things
Supposedly Twintails are unlocked after the elite 4.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I caught a Modest Mareanie, which is pretty cool. What is pretty not cool is I got Limber instead of the new super neat ability. When do I get the Everstone so I can lock in the nature and try to breed for the other ability (if I'm remembering how that works right)?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
This is the first time since Gen 4 that I've had a genuinely hard time picking a team. I have a policy of only using a given Pokemon once, so between all the remakes and "third version" business, I've used basically every old Pokemon I wanted to, but between the really fantastic newcomers and Alola forms of old favorites like Geodude and Diglett, this may end up just like Diamond, where I raised around a dozen other Pokemon in the post-game just for fun. I did some counting, and my short list of Pokemon I definitely want to play with could fill three teams. This is a fairly amusing contrast with Gen 5, where I struggled to even find a full six that I wanted to use.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

OKAY FOR REAL THE LAST BIT OF THE TRIAL IS CREEPY AS gently caress

Yeah, that got me too. Also after the trial when you're talking to the captain about how there's no room there, and Mimikyu is peeking around the corner behind you.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Jumping into the "gently caress Wishiwashi" fray

On the other hand, Stoutland is considerably larger than I expected :stare:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So, question. Can Island Scan Pokemon show up with their HA or is it just SOS Pokemon that can have HAs?

Askin' cuz apparently Serperior can show up via Island Scan and hmmmm...

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

TVs Ian posted:

Yeah, that got me too. Also after the trial when you're talking to the captain about how there's no room there, and Mimikyu is peeking around the corner behind you.

If you go back in later, it turns out that she was right, and there actually is no room there.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Pakled posted:

The people who wrote these lists don't know what they're talking about. Particularly with the male hair article - the colors they say are "mysteriously missing" and "may not be in the final release" are unlocked after you beat the game. Probably the same with the female options people can't find.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

EclecticTastes posted:

This is the first time since Gen 4 that I've had a genuinely hard time picking a team.

I want to use new guys and keep running into old favorites. Like I'm three hours in and I've got an Abra, Pichu, Gastly, Slowpoke, Growlithe, and Neo-Meowth.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
adamant stufful with fluffy :toot:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

konikoni city(last city on island 2) has some bitchin music

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

So wait, about to start sun today, and I get that there are no gyms, but is the elite four gone too?

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Hey there folks! I haven't played since Gold, but this looked so cool I couldn't resist. Everyone is talking about nature's and IVs and stuff, and I'm just super impressed that you can run.

I do have a question though- how important is a good nature? Should I hold out and keep catching the same Pokémon until I get one a guide recommends? I've got like three Abrae now and I'm not sure if there's a better way or not.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Can I really not put hats on with Cornrows.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

LionArcher posted:

So wait, about to start sun today, and I get that there are no gyms, but is the elite four gone too?

They're still there.

FisheyStix posted:

Hey there folks! I haven't played since Gold, but this looked so cool I couldn't resist. Everyone is talking about nature's and IVs and stuff, and I'm just super impressed that you can run.

I do have a question though- how important is a good nature? Should I hold out and keep catching the same Pokémon until I get one a guide recommends? I've got like three Abrae now and I'm not sure if there's a better way or not.

Unless you plan on playing competitively, not very. You can get through the game with whatever.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

FisheyStix posted:

If your just playing the game don't worry about it. Nature doesn't really matter until competitive.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

FisheyStix posted:

it doesn't matter a whole lot in-game but i at the very least try to avoid natures that lower the attacking stat the pokemon uses more

like yeah it'd be great if my slowpoke was modest but hell i'll be fine with whatever as long as it's not -sp. atk

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Someone in another thread mentioned some kind of bug with Litten being monogender but not actually monogender or something? What's up with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Well, either I got super lucky or the odds aren't all that bad - found a Corsola on my first bubbling rock off Melemele, and the second thing it called up was a Mareanie.

My only question now is where is Sableye? The Pokedex shows it up at Ten Carat Hill, but I can't find it, and PokemonDB doesn't show it in the spawn table. Is it also an SOS-only catch?

[edit] Yup, that was it, Carbink was kind enough to call one up for me.

TVs Ian fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 19, 2016