Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Am I the only one feeling the WL burn? There's something about that whole thing that somewhat feels like a chore, I know it's stupid but it's the competitive\ranked nature of that whole thing that kind of compels you to play more games than you actually would want.

I think I'm just gonna give this weekend a pass.

Oh yeah definitely it can feel like a chore, but at least now with the auto qualification is you hit gold 3 (18 wins) you don't have to test your luck midweek with tourneys anymore. I set my goal for 18 wins, which even if I'm playing like poo poo is not a problem, and if things go well I'll go for more, and if not I'll stop at 18 and call it quits. With the new extended amount of play time it's not TOO bad in terms of games played per day, but yeah 30-40 games over a few days is a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Looks like EA officially wants people to stop speculating the poo poo out of the marquee matchups. Each one only requires one player from each team.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

Looks like EA officially wants people to stop speculating the poo poo out of the marquee matchups. Each one only requires one player from each team.

Yeah, pleasant surprise. I think I spent 25k or so coins to make all 4 (and most of them on the turkish league one) and got bonnuci and some discard value movember card out of it, so that's ok.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Ultimate Team

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Seltzer posted:

That being said, I made a killing this morning from my previous stockpile of superlig players/teams for a potential SBC. I had a complete team for each superlig team. I'll just restock them all again during BF for cheap disgard prices.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Hazard POTM SBC requirements are kinda absurd, I guess it makes sense given that any IF version of hazard would likely cost somewhere in the vicinity of 800k coins. But still, kinda nuts:

quote:

Belgium - 3 Prime Gold Players Packs:
Belgium Players: Exactly 11
TOTW Players: Min 1
Team Overall Rating: Min. 84
Team Chemistry: Exactly 100
October Opponents - 2 Jumbo Premium Gold Packs:
Hull City Players: Min. 2
Leicester City Players: Min. 2
Manchester Utd Players: Min. 2
Southampton Players: Min. 2
Team Overall Rating: Min. 83
Premier League - 2 EPL Prime Players Packs:
Premier League Players: Exactly 11
Nationalities: Min. 8
TOTW Players: Min. 2
Team Overall Rating: Min. 84
Two Leagues - 2 Premium Gold Players Packs:
Leagues: Exactly 2
Players from the same league: Max. 6
Team Overall Rating: Min. 85

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Chadli IF jumped from 85k to over 200k on the markets. All the "cheap" belgium IFs are selling out.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
Dammit and I wanted to buy Mertens to actually play with.

I have IF Arnautovic - wondering if I should sell him with this rush for IF players

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Should have sold all my investments yesterday but I was too greedy! Now going to lose money on Terry/Witsel, making out well on Slimani and IF Arnautovic(only picked up two though :( ). Xhaka is a wash.

Could have sold all my Terry/Witsel for ~150k yesterday, now I'll be lucky to get 50k. Ouch.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

Chadli IF jumped from 85k to over 200k on the markets. All the "cheap" belgium IFs are selling out.

I don't know what this means, can you please write several hundred more words about it? TIA

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I can't believe people are paying ~600k for an untradeable card that will be eclipsed. I was completely fine with selling Mbokani for 9k though. The only part of the challenge that it looks like is worth doing is the premiere league part about 10 or so days from now.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

TheBigAristotle posted:

I don't know what this means, can you please write several hundred more words about it? TIA

I cant be arsed

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Anyone think there's ELO going on in the weekend league? It seems really streaky. Lost my first 3 games (you're right 3 ATB was poo poo) so switched to a 4321 formation and then won my next 3. Then lost my next 4 then switched to a 433 formation and won my next 4.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Filthee Fingas posted:

Anyone think there's ELO going on in the weekend league? It seems really streaky. Lost my first 3 games (you're right 3 ATB was poo poo) so switched to a 4321 formation and then won my next 3. Then lost my next 4 then switched to a 433 formation and won my next 4.

There is, yes, as far as I know. The top 100 have a skill rating assigned that isn't strictly linear in terms of how many wins out of 40 you get, ie, there's people with 37 wins who have a higher displayed skill rating than people with 39 wins.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I dunno, a lot of times my first matches are incredibly easy but this time I lost my first 3 even though last week I started off by getting 4 ragequits after being up 3-4 goals, so not sure

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
sent in a parmos fc request, please grant it fine gents

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

hopterque posted:

There is, yes, as far as I know. The top 100 have a skill rating assigned that isn't strictly linear in terms of how many wins out of 40 you get, ie, there's people with 37 wins who have a higher displayed skill rating than people with 39 wins.

Read that some of the top players make a list of the other top players so that during matchmaking, they back out if their opponent is on that list. Pretty sad really.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Filthee Fingas posted:

Read that some of the top players make a list of the other top players so that during matchmaking, they back out if their opponent is on that list. Pretty sad really.

They should hide your gamertag and established date during matchmaking tbh. At LEAST the established date. I have a lot of people back out on me because of it and mine is only a '13 established date. It's stupid.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 19, 2016

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Filthee Fingas posted:

Yeah so dumb, I was fuckin pumped to play Jukez and get to record and look at it. People beg him for games all day on his stream, I have no idea why you'd back out of getting to play someone amazing.

Who gives a poo poo if you're gonna get 20k fewer poke coins that week

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

Yeah so dumb, I was fuckin pumped to play Jukez and get to record and look at it. People beg him for games all day on his stream, I have no idea why you'd back out of getting to play someone amazing.

Who gives a poo poo if you're gonna get 20k fewer poke coins that week

With some of them making careers out of it, I guess any unnecessary losses could tarnish their image of being "good".

I do believe they should take away the dates as well. I for some reason have a 2016 start date (yet my account did roll over from last year) so I don't have that problem (maybe I benefit from all the poo poo players wanting to play me).

Despite the weekend league being so exhausting, it's pretty drat addictive. Told myself I'd stop at 18 wins and I still got 10 games remaining.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Filthee Fingas posted:

Despite the weekend league being so exhausting, it's pretty drat addictive. Told myself I'd stop at 18 wins and I still got 10 games remaining.

Yeah, it's a combination of loving annoying/exhausting/frustrating/also really cool.

For the first time there's a genuine competition focused side of the game that gives out great (or if you're really good, absolutely insane) rewards, and you play a lot of genuinely good players.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I ran into my first legit Park the Bus from minute one player. I passed the ball around for 40 mins until he actually started pressing. I Won 1-0 with 77% possesion. How do people even bother to play the game like that? Parking the bus doesn't even help you win, Counter Attack does. You can couple that with defensive but park the bus gives you no offensive outlet and gives you no numbers to start a break which is half the point of counter attack. In other news my lovely Ghana 51212 on all extra attacking is still undefeated this weekend. I'm using it mostly because it fits the criteria but Assifuah and Boateng are amazing. Badu is like a slightly poo poo Kante. I normally wouldn't use him but all arounders with 80+ pace and stamina are necessary in such a small midfield.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I am having a loving terrible weekend, 10-12 so far.

If I can squeek past 18 wins this week I'll be happy, jesus.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I haven't played that much but I'm 9-10 also

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I had extra time this weekend 12-7. Each weekend more and more people are figuring out to maximize your chance of winning you need to suck the life out of the game. I swear 75% of my games are 1-0 affairs. The rest are 2-1 or penalty shoot outs. I'm debating going to 18 but it's just not fun right now, the restriction this weekend has me using poo poo teams. If I could permanently delete smalling, Kante, Sanches, and Bellerin from the game I would. Honestly what's the point in buying a legend defender for 500k when you can buy Bailly and Smalling.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm getting tons of guys who get one goal and insta park the bus, but I've come back to 16-11 at least

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

15-9, in the last 4 games I've run into two squads with POTM Hazard (600k they will never get back) and these two squads. Is sunday tryhard day or is there some ELO bullshit going on?

The dude having Gullit and Ronaldo and still using Sanches says everything you need to know about that card.

e- lol just noticed the first guy has 45 rated bronzes on his bench as well.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I had a lot of free time this weekend for once and I got to gold 3. I decided to only try it once as a test if I could make it. There's a bunch of games left I could play but I absolutely don't care. This was probably the least fun I've had playing a video game in years. I do not know how people play 40 games one weekend let alone every weekend (especially when it was 48 hrs, seriously how is that possible). I'm going to stick to getting 5-8 wins from now on. The first 10 or so wins Friday and Saturday were easy, even the games I lost weren't that bad. Sunday was a loving joke. How did I not see one Gullit in the wild in 16 yet I saw TWO in one day today. The game definitely put me on a different matchmaking level at a certain point, the change was drastic. I was still using my 11k serie A and French squads and it was 0 fun to play against supersquad after supersquad. With how much the skill gap has narrowed this year having a good team is more important than ever which is really lovely. Skill trumped money squads by a much wider margin in every previous edition.

Here is another team I encountered right after the ones I posted

I'm going to gently caress around next week and just get my 5 wins, never again. Also it's been there every year but if I needed any evidence of momentum and 90th minute bullshit being in fifa 17 today reaffirmed that for me in a major way.

I swear EA dropped an in form Kante into everyone's club who qualified for weekend league and I just didn't notice.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 21, 2016

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
I DID IT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcVJlfjBg4Q

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

I swear EA dropped an in form Kante into everyone's club who qualified for weekend league and I just didn't notice.

Yeah I saw him basically every game as well and he's such a loving problem, like without a doubt that is the best box to box player in the game right now.

I wound up going 18-20, which is the first time I've been on the wrong side of 50%, or even really close to it, last weekend I hit 21 wins and still had 6 or so games left and tapped out, and had similar success the previous weeks I played.

The game felt really terrible at times this weekend, and I almost gave up a bunch of times, but it's worth it to me I think both in the rewards sense and so I don't have to worry about qualifying during the week.

I think part if it was playing with new squads that I wasn't quite happy with, like each team had a couple players I really love (OTW Giulano is amazing and really cheap and is sure to get more upgrades, if you have a use for a good russian league CAM from brazil) but overall it wasn't quite what I was 'comfortable' with.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The upside is I got a walkout from one of my weekly packs. It was my first one and the lag is really noticeable. So if you get a walkout you'll know its coming even if it's your first time. I saw the Spanish flag and thought I was going to get let down by Busquets. It was De Gea and I pocketed a cool 90k. Idk why people spend 90k on a keeper when Butland is 2k, but I'm glad they do. Also if any of you bought silvers for the WL qualification the silvers are already shooting up pretty nice which is good.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 21, 2016

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Seltzer posted:

I had a lot of free time this weekend for once and I got to gold 3. I decided to only try it once as a test if I could make it. There's a bunch of games left I could play but I absolutely don't care. This was probably the least fun I've had playing a video game in years. I do not know how people play 40 games one weekend let alone every weekend (especially when it was 48 hrs, seriously how is that possible). I'm going to stick to getting 5-8 wins from now on. The first 10 or so wins Friday and Saturday were easy, even the games I lost weren't that bad. Sunday was a loving joke. How did I not see one Gullit in the wild in 16 yet I saw TWO in one day today. The game definitely put me on a different matchmaking level at a certain point, the change was drastic. I was still using my 11k serie A and French squads and it was 0 fun to play against supersquad after supersquad. With how much the skill gap has narrowed this year having a good team is more important than ever which is really lovely. Skill trumped money squads by a much wider margin in every previous edition.

Here is another team I encountered right after the ones I posted

I'm going to gently caress around next week and just get my 5 wins, never again. Also it's been there every year but if I needed any evidence of momentum and 90th minute bullshit being in fifa 17 today reaffirmed that for me in a major way.

Don't play on Sundays I've learned. Not sure if I was hit by the same ELO factor but was 18-12 going into Sunday. Must have seen Ronnie at least 5 different times. And you're right, in previous versions of FIFA you could easily beat a stacked team. Now you still can if he sucks but you need to be super focused.

I ended up getting the 21 wins I needed (ended up 3-5 on the Sunday). The losses I suffered were disgusting (one of them involved me passing across my back line to the other Fullback and the receiving player already had the arrow on him but my CB thought it would be cool to intercept the pass and dink it forward off his toe to their striker for an easy goal). I swear everyone I played on the Sunday was a douche (dabbing every goal). Whenever I was up on them (all my wins were come from behind), I slammed on the counter-attack option to hold my back line back and just focused on cutting passing lanes. I was extra dickish and shielded in their corned by the 86-87 minute.

I used to get pissed off when I got the Dab. Now I smile and tell myself I need to wreck this guy.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I was absolutely destroying some poor guy yesterday and I took the foot off the gas like 60th minute up 4-0, deliberately stopping and passing back in like 3 or 4 completely open 1 on 1 with the keeper attacks, and he snuck in a single goal in the 85th minute and dabbed on me.

Way to make me regret showing sportsmanship.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Holding back is tantamount to dissing, imo.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Anyone else think they'll do something with these movember cards. I'm starting to wonder if they purposely haven't done any SBC with them because they want the market flooded with them first before issuing them to give people a chance?

Either way I've loaded up on a load of Gomis and Korb. I started doing only Gomis but then half way through noticed there's only 2-3 LBs and thought to grab some in case. You can get Korb for starting bid of 9400. His discard price is 9394 so you'd lose 6 coins per card. Upside is huge with 0 downside.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Did they do something to the physics in this latest patch? I hadn't played in two weeks and it feels really weird now, like the sliders for shot and pass power were set all the way up or something.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Simone Poodoin posted:

Did they do something to the physics in this latest patch? I hadn't played in two weeks and it feels really weird now, like the sliders for shot and pass power were set all the way up or something.

The great thing about this game is it's so poorly made and laggy you can be convinced they patched it when they haven't. The second patch addressed no concrete gameplay issues in the notes and I didn't feel any difference at all in the gameplay. You can now complete "The Journey" with Polish subtitles now though,

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm relatively ok with the gameplay at the moment tbh if they would just fix the loving getting locked into animations especially when the ball is bouncing or in the air and the fouls. If they took care of those I'd be fine with the game otherwise and I still currently enjoy it.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Just sold off my collection of OTW dembele for 130k a pop based off champions league. Thought champions league performance didn't count for TOTW? Either way, I'll take that profit going into BF and kept 1 on hand in case he does get an upgrade and can use him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Filthee Fingas posted:

Just sold off my collection of OTW dembele for 130k a pop based off champions league. Thought champions league performance didn't count for TOTW? Either way, I'll take that profit going into BF and kept 1 on hand in case he does get an upgrade and can use him.

You got away with robbery then, nice. He's already down to 80k. There is a chance he could go up if they release a "team of the group stage" like they did last year but there's not point in playing around waiting for that. I made bank off buying silvers for the qualification tournament. basically 2.5k off every single card, completely simple stuff. It's just a small waiting game.

• Locked thread