Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If Trump interacted with Spider-man they'd need to run another comic following the staff of the Daily Bugle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

In another post nerdsplaining things that the above person probably knew was that the followup series to Alias aka Jessica Drew, Pulse was that and the first arc was Norman Osbourne murdering a reporter for finding out he is Green Goblin

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/xhlrud/status/799938036259639297

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

one punch-out man

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This makes me feel weird.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cartoon Man posted:

This makes me feel weird.

Congratulations on discovering something about yourself!

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

not worse than peachball, but pretty loving close

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Paladinus posted:

Who What Now posted:

Considering you just dumped a dozen lovely pictures, it's too advanced for you too.
They were lovely, but at least sufficiently weird.

Well yeah, weirdness definitely contributes the most points toward overall value in my completely arbitrary numerical grading system I made up just now, but shouldn't that have been obvious anyway since I posted it in the pyf Weird Fanart thread and not the Generic Boring Fine Art Critique thread?

...and the primary point was that it might be a good thing to consider the effects of cognitive bias due to one's subjective views on the original work, when evaluating a derivative work. Maybe I should get out of the habit of referring to multiple ideas in the same paragraph, so people don't get distracted by the least important one.

Waffleman_ posted:

Congratulations on discovering something about yourself!

Potential to change somebody's life: +5 points

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Paladinus posted:

I'm pretty sure it's racist.

Yeah. Amelie is brainwashed so she's not really a talon member in the same way Bucky Barnes isn't a hydra member. Reaper is a freelance mercenary, not a Talon member. I don't know about Sombra? It's just making the 'brown people' the bad guys because of lazy artist reasons.

Fake edit: this is a fanart thread sorry I thought it was the overwatch thread for some reason. Here's some fanart that I like because it's sweetness and pie

Source: http://nikolaodic.tumblr.com/post/153219608506

Grenrow
Apr 11, 2016

value-brand cereal posted:

Yeah. Amelie is brainwashed so she's not really a talon member in the same way Bucky Barnes isn't a hydra member. Reaper is a freelance mercenary, not a Talon member. I don't know about Sombra? It's just making the 'brown people' the bad guys because of lazy artist reasons.

Source: http://nikolaodic.tumblr.com/post/153219608506

Reaper hasn't been shown working for anyone but Talon, though. Also he is a Saturday morning cartoon edgelord in general. He's pretty much just Overwatch Skeletor. Sombra also works for Talon. Her intro video shows all three of them working together and killing a bunch of people (on orders from Talon). The artist drew them together because they all work together. That's not being a racist lazy artist, that's just going by Blizzard canon.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

widow is white tho

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Also Lucio is right there, too. It's just a dumb gag picture, stop thinking so hard on it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Crocoswine posted:

widow is white tho

She's purple, blue, or gray depending on how the artist feels.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
She's clearly blue.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Her lore backstory is the worst dumbest thing I've ever read. A femme fatale but wait it's not her fault she was captured and tortured until she lost all agency and then she came home to her loving husband but guess what two weeks later she murdered him. And then she turned blue because her heart slowed down and she's always cold.

Why two weeks? Did it take two weeks for the programming to kick in? Was it to show she was both turned and deadly and also can wait for the perfect opportunity and kill without remorse? Why wouldn't night loving one be the perfect opportunity? I mean she didn't "get away with it" everyone loving knows she killed him nobody is suggesting natural causes so how is shooting him on the toilet 6am when he's all groggy day one not the play here? Why two weeks? Jesus christ I hate this story. I hate it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

She's ethnically French, but as part of her backstory she turned purple.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Shockingly, Blizzard and Metzen in particular are very bad writers.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

It's about par with an actual superhero comic, complete with the never ending soap opera oriented drama.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Krinkle posted:

Her lore backstory is the worst dumbest thing I've ever read. A femme fatale but wait it's not her fault she was captured and tortured until she lost all agency and then she came home to her loving husband but guess what two weeks later she murdered him. And then she turned blue because her heart slowed down and she's always cold.

Why two weeks? Did it take two weeks for the programming to kick in? Was it to show she was both turned and deadly and also can wait for the perfect opportunity and kill without remorse? Why wouldn't night loving one be the perfect opportunity? I mean she didn't "get away with it" everyone loving knows she killed him nobody is suggesting natural causes so how is shooting him on the toilet 6am when he's all groggy day one not the play here? Why two weeks? Jesus christ I hate this story. I hate it.

blizzardcharacterbackstory.txt

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Krinkle posted:

This is why everyone ignores the backstory of the characters (which makes no goddamn sense and fits no timeline at all) and makes up their own. Mercy being a centuries old life drinking nazi superscientist is both more interesting and more believable than some seventeen year old wunderkid who left running a "prominent Swiss hospital" to help solve the Omnic crisis twenty years ago.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Hey I'm super Hispanic and I find nothing wrong with that overwatch fan art.

Calm down and post some fan art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UKxfWdNnYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIak9tw_XMw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOOEPwvGl8Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPTzCS7caco

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

silentsnack posted:

The best weird fanart doesn't really require caring about or sometimes even knowing all that much the subject matter though. Also there's the concept of "quality > quantity" but that one may be too advanced for some people...

quantity has a quality of its own tho...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
haha, morons bickering about overwatch characters instead of posting fanart. let me assist you.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
He ate too many breads.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Slime posted:

He ate too many breads.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

hard counter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC7H99-7wxk

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

This last one is :nws: for nudity

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/aJb24m4.png:nws:

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

hard counter posted:

I don't know why I think this is amazing, but I think it's amazing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Heh, that was pretty good and silly.

I'd buy one of these if it was a toy.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Captain Invictus posted:

Buncha repeats

It's time to expand your palate, son.

Captain Invictus posted:

That's better.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

the colors on this are absolutely beautiful although the hunter's neck is weirding me right out

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

J.A.B.C. posted:

I don't know why I think this is amazing, but I think it's amazing.

fun fact: the artists all came up with backstories to justify the appearances and forms of the demons and how they each peel at Sonic's psyche :allears:

Cakefarts Carol posted:

the colors on this are absolutely beautiful

:agreed:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
if they're actually repeats, put up or shut up

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

As weird as they often are, modeseven did cute/good Undertale stuff for a while.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Yardbomb posted:

As weird as they often are, modeseven did cute/good Undertale stuff for a while.

Fabriel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Wrong direction.

• Locked thread