Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Jimmy Jazz posted:

Thinking about getting in to standard on MTGO, what's the cheapest way to buy a deck? Don't really have any tix, so I'd be paying cash.

Easiest I've found was buying from mtgotraders or cardhoarder. Mtgotraders has a paypal coupon usually for like 5% off and cardhoarder gives about the same discount if you pay via PayPal (no coupon needed). If you go the tickets -> buy from assorted bots route you'll end up maybe paying the same amount of tickets but having a ton of bot credit spread out over a lot of bots. Probably the cheapest route would be to find someone selling a whole deck trying to get out on mtgo and buying it from them for less than it would cost for you to buy but more than they would get buylist price.

ShaneB posted:

The Macedonian players handshakes after losing were the best thing ever. True sportsmanship.

All smiles and hugs from them. I loved too how he jokingly did the "hand your opponent your deck to cut it" a la that pro player (Saito?)

Dehtraen fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I watched the VICE documentary the other night. Do any of you misprint collectors know what the guy who said he couldn't talk about some of the stuff in his binder on camera likely had?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

My bet is hentai alters.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Playing paper pauper with blitz, it's being streamed at https://twitch.tv/cardkingdom currently 1-0 because of MBC :(

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I got a playmat finally, after seeing a kind of icky game table at one store.

What can I say, I like that little kraken.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

whydirt posted:

I watched the VICE documentary the other night. Do any of you misprint collectors know what the guy who said he couldn't talk about some of the stuff in his binder on camera likely had?

Some folks say he just did that to create some drama.

Others say they are test prints from Wizards that were supposed to be destroyed but an employer took them out of WOTC so he doesn't want to expose someone

Other people say everyone is wrong but they know and won't say

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Ravenous Trap on camera. loving beautiful.

Actually, which of Trap or Surgical Extraction do you guys think is the better non-Leyline/RiP sideboard hate?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

AlternateNu posted:

Ravenous Trap on camera. loving beautiful.

Actually, which of Trap or Surgical Extraction do you guys think is the better non-Leyline/RiP sideboard hate?

Against Dredge or Living End, Trap is better, although Surgical is OK if you hit prized amalgam.

Against Storm, Surgical is better.

Also Relic is definitely a third option there and does a lot more work against non-dredge, although you will have to play a deck that can afford to keep the 1 mana up to nuke the yard.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

whydirt posted:

Probably the test print thing mentioned a few posts up. There's a big misprint collector in my general area and I've heard those mentioned

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

whydirt posted:

Some speculate it might have included the Garfield Marriage card and the contents might have been stolen

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

(EndGame Cafe in Oakland)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

Is that scone tier 1?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

Sorry you got ripped off mate, that's a counterfeit.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Jimmy Jazz posted:

Thinking about getting in to standard on MTGO, what's the cheapest way to buy a deck? Don't really have any tix, so I'd be paying cash.

Buy cards from Cardhoarder, you can use paypal to pay for the cards.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Hellsau posted:

Is that scone tier 1?

it's a bit undercosted, but there's a lot of green in there so it's not too appealing regardless of how big and efficient it is

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Hell is having to commentate on endless infect vs. affinity matches.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Willeh posted:

That was clearly a Stax vs. Affinity match.

Also, hell is getting your Glimmervoid sacrificed because an opponent removed every other permanent of yours.

Not that I mind, of course. :getin:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Infect mirror.

Greece goes:
Turn 1 - Glistener Elf
Turn 2 - Might + (Muta Growth x 3)

And that's why the deck is gross.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Spiking your hand like a football to cast Conflagrate is p metal.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkJ5ff0-tDQ

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Toshimo posted:

Spiking your hand like a football to cast Conflagrate is p metal.

Reminds me of a Borborygmos Enraged land spike.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Willeh posted:

meanwhile on scglive it's u/w flash vs. b/g delirium vs. vehicles

standard is so bad

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
https://twitter.com/JeffHoogland/status/800347816828747776

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

That's so goonland to kick the corpse of a format he hates only because he can't put on his wacky brewers hat and feels compelled to play Force of Will and this makes him sooooo saaad.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

ShaneB posted:

That's so goonland to kick the corpse of a format he hates only because he can't put on his wacky brewers hat and feels compelled to play Force of Will and this makes him sooooo saaad.

What % of a field players force in a given tournament?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Sickening posted:

What % of a field players force in a given tournament?
54.27%

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

ShaneB posted:

You can play plenty of decks that don't have Force or Brainstorm. I've got a very high win rate with Death and Taxes. He's just a whiny idiot.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

suicidesteve posted:

You can play plenty of decks that don't have Force or Brainstorm. I've got a very high win rate with Death and Taxes. He's just a whiny idiot.
Death and Taxes, which has been getting a lot of new cards and also is probably the best deck that doesn't contain any cards from the Reserved List.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

suicidesteve posted:

I wasn't saying anyone is forced to play BS/FoW, I'm just bashing Hoogs because he's the worst.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

ShaneB posted:

I wasn't saying anyone is forced to play BS/FoW, I'm just bashing Hoogs because he's the worst.

My previous comment about him still stands.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Boohoogland strikes again, eh?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Twitch chat calling Emma Handy a man after she wins in spite of a mistake. :thumbsup:

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

I've been meaning to check that store out for Thursday Legacy, I'm just across the bay. Ever been?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

suicidesteve posted:

Twitch chat calling Emma Handy a man after she wins in spite of a mistake. :thumbsup:

Twitch chat is trash and I kinda hate that they took it off sub only. I usually ignore chat but when it was sub only it was at least a slow chat with calm conversations. Did Emma top 8?

Edit: looks like it's only sub only now? I thought it wasn't before.

Fingers McLongDong fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 20, 2016

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Twitch chat is trash and I kinda hate that they took it off sub only. I usually ignore chat but when it was sub only it was at least a slow chat with calm conversations. Did Emma top 8?

I just rip the stream out and watch it in MediaPlayer because gently caress twitch UI and gently caress twitch chat.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Yeah I'm pretty sure that match was the win-and-in. They took it off sub only a while ago but put it back on because of how bad chat got after she won. I think it'll go back to normal after the top 8 starts.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Toshimo posted:

I just rip the stream out and watch it in MediaPlayer because gently caress twitch UI and gently caress twitch chat.

Same.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

People were being assholes and repeatedly kept asking if she was trans over and over again despite being answered or being told no one cares it is a magic stream, then when she won the match despite a misplay it got out of hand. They flipped it on to slow mode and then SCG proper made the call that when they switched it on to sub only mode for the QF match vote they were going to leave it sub only for the rest of the day

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Dehtraen posted:

People were being assholes and repeatedly kept asking if she was trans over and over again despite being answered or being told no one cares it is a magic stream, then when she won the match despite a misplay it got out of hand. They flipped it on to slow mode and then SCG proper made the call that when they switched it on to sub only mode for the QF match vote they were going to leave it sub only for the rest of the day

Good, I watch on a mobile device 99% of the time so I can't rip the stream. I know people saying that poo poo bothers her and it sucks being reminded so many people in the community act like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

I have a feeling that after the world Cup they're gonna ban some infect cards and possibly also hit dredge.

Maybe become immense/ grave troll respectively?

• Locked thread