Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I just caught a stufful with the right ability but it's a male and the rest of my team is pretty ladies what do I do pokemon thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

FishBulb posted:

Wow I just ran into my first ever shiny!

It's a spearow

I also ran into my first shiny which was also a spearow

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

I just caught a stufful with the right ability but it's a male and the rest of my team is pretty ladies what do I do pokemon thread

Accept your strong bear friend for who he is.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

beldum has the lowest possible catch rate because it was a gift mon in gen 3 and was never increased for reasons unknown. The metangs in the giant chasm in gen 5 are an equal pain to capture

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

BrainDance posted:

Is Beldum useful? Or just hard to catch? After trying forever and killing one, I finally got one to knock himself down to very little hp, and had him paralyzed then after a few throws I caught him.

But I know practically nothing about Pokemon after gen2

Beldum line is decent enough in-game if you can get one, afaik. It's one of those where the final evolution has high stats, but evolves at a high level and is weak in earlier stages.

In battles I think it used to be good but it got nerfed hard in gen 6 when they removed a couple of resistances for Steel.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Hammerite posted:

Beldum line is decent enough in-game if you can get one, afaik. It's one of those where the final evolution has high stats, but evolves at a high level and is weak in earlier stages.

In battles I think it used to be good but it got nerfed hard in gen 6 when they removed a couple of resistances for Steel.

buuuut then they gave it a mega and it went back to being hella good

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

cheetah7071 posted:

Let your new bear friend hang out with the cool girls.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

BrainDance posted:

Is Beldum useful? Or just hard to catch? After trying forever and killing one, I finally got one to knock himself down to very little hp, and had him paralyzed then after a few throws I caught him.

But I know practically nothing about Pokemon after gen2

Metagross rules

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Who decided to make some of the new Pokes so hard to get? I'm looking at you Mareaine.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Is the shirtless tan guy and the fat kid with the gameboy shirt part of the harem? Is it canon that Ash is bisexual now?

https://twitter.com/pancakeparadox/status/799310350923362304

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

I got to the ghost trial place, is mimikyu SOS only or just really rare?

it's a 5% chance according to serrebii, also you should maybe keep serrebii open it's been helping me with finding pokemon for a while

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Brother Entropy posted:

an oricorio with feather dance really helped me out on that one, two casts of that and it was doing gently caress-all damage

Really? I just finished it by using my cutiefly's evolved form. I used two of its big rear end puff bomb things and then switched to my emo-owl to murder his friend. Much faster totem fight than wishiwashi was for me and I had type advantage for that one.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Charjabug and crabrawler evolving on the equivalent of victory road is disappointing. Can't imagine what the thought process there was.

The selection of early Pokemon is super refreshing after playing alpha sapphire though.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

SuMo having cutscenes is super weird. I like it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Really? I just finished it by using my cutiefly's evolved form. I used two of its big rear end puff bomb things and then switched to my emo-owl to murder his friend. Much faster totem fight than wishiwashi was for me and I had type advantage for that one.

Ribombobobo is a killer queen yeah, i was not expecting her to be so sweet but i've got a lot of usage out of her

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Cutiefly and its evolved form are great. I wasn't planning on using him for long, but now I think he might end up as part of my end game team. Good type, a wide variety of moves, high special and speed, I am loving everything about this adorable little bug.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The only problems I am having is coming up with cool names for my new cool friends

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I named my new Diglett "Sticky"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mandatory lesbian posted:

Ribombobobo is a killer queen yeah, i was not expecting her to be so sweet but i've got a lot of usage out of her

yea my pretty death bee is my MVP so far. Leaf Owl is good but this lil monster might as well be my starter at this point with how little she's ever left my party.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Friend of mine posted a picture of their outfit in Sun and aaaah the fashion in this game is good.
Monday can't get here fast enough, darnit.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Gladion just giving you the masterball out of nowhere after you clear Aether Fortress struck me as very weird and unfortunately casual.

I mean it's not like getting the MB in past games was hard, but it was a fun little side quest that was usually in the bad guys' base. But not here, their base is super linear

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Anyone far enough to evolve my crabrawler for me?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

spit on my clit posted:

I named my new Diglett "Sticky"

The Painful Pokemon.

I'm liking the type distribution in Sun/Moon so far, I don't feel like I need to have a Psychic or Electric type the way I usually do. Though it's odd to have guys that used to be mid- to late-game gimmick Pokemon showing up early enough that you can actually use them, like Delibird and Smeargle (this also explains why you're given some Great and Ultra Balls early on, to make up for their lower base catch rate compared to the more typical early game Pokemon). It's also very convenient that you can rob your Pokemon before sending them to the PC.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
"Magmar pulled out a nice, toasty Quick Ball from...well...somewhere!"

It's okay Magmar, you can keep it. :gonk:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Skeezy posted:

SuMo having cutscenes is super weird. I like it.
It's you, you're the fucker Game Freak was listening to!

At least tell them to make them skippable next time.

Nemo07
Jul 26, 2013
Do you eventually get a way to change hair and eye color or are you basically stuck with what you picked at the start?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Poni Island's first real zone is exactly what I thought of the game design when they said there'd be markers on the map.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Nemo07 posted:

Do you eventually get a way to change hair and eye color or are you basically stuck with what you picked at the start?
Once you reach the first major city, yeah. You get the Lens Case for changing eye color for free once you get to the boutique (and Makeup Bag if you're a girl), and the salon is right next door (though it can be pricey to change hair color/style).

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i thought the fire trial was funny and then the electric trial happened

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer
Just encountered my first ever shiny in 20 years (a cottonee) that was called for help. Aannndddd....unintentional critical hit Thundershock faints it...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the call for help mechanic can get really obnoxious when you're trying to catch something. stop calling for help you loving rear end in a top hat psyduck, jesus crist

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Manatee Cannon posted:

the call for help mechanic can get really obnoxious when you're trying to catch something. stop calling for help you loving rear end in a top hat psyduck, jesus crist

Pokemon with a status effect won't call for help.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

The Gillman posted:

Just encountered my first ever shiny in 20 years (a cottonee) that was called for help. Aannndddd....unintentional critical hit Thundershock faints it...
Always throw balls at shinies without even trying to weaken them just to prevent this feeling, I'm sorry you had to learn like this :glomp:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Pakled posted:

Pokemon with a status effect won't call for help.

Not true. It just heavily lowers the call rate. Even sleeping Pokemon can do it.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The new artstyle really make's Ashe's inexplicable light-bolts look like a horrible wispy 12-year-old mustache.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Always throw balls at shinies without even trying to weaken them just to prevent this feeling, I'm sorry you had to learn like this :glomp:

I always think about trying to catch some low-drop rate shiny without damaging when thinking about how many pokeballs to buy. 30? Better make it 60...

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 20, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
can you breed Ultra Beasts, either with a ditto or other stuff

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Speaking of Ultra Beasts... Someone just wonder traded me one of theirs lol. Hahaha that's incredible. Enjoy your growlithe.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Countblanc posted:

can you breed Ultra Beasts, either with a ditto or other stuff

No. They're like legendary Pokemon in all but name.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
How hard are the mystery dungeon games. I was gunna buy one for my kid but I haven't played any of them. She plays regular Pokémon just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wonder if future games will have more ubs or how they will explain the existence of current ubs re Pokemon mythology