Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
poo poo like this is why we're supposed to have Time Patrolers to keep everything in check!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

man it really sucks to be future trunks, huh

idk why they couldn't have just stayed in the present tho tbh. future mai kind of justifies it, but eh

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rhonne posted:

poo poo like this is why we're supposed to have Time Patrolers to keep everything in check!

If anything this proves why the Time Patrol is necessary. Even the Omni-King's power doesn't extend across timelines, so there's really no one else who can pilice that poo poo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

Mai is his girlfriend, so no, actually, the direct opposite of this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

idk why they couldn't have just stayed in the present tho tbh. future mai kind of justifies it, but eh

If they stay in the present there are also going to be two Trunks and Two Mais so it isn't like that really is any different but at least this way they get to see their friends and family in a form they remember instead of as little kids or complete strangers.

Blockhouse posted:

If anything this proves why the Time Patrol is necessary. Even the Omni-King's power doesn't extend across timelines, so there's really no one else who can pilice that poo poo.

I really love that Goku stole God from one timeline and brought him to another so now his universe has double-Gods.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The comic will be better.

It has to be.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

And if that goes south theres always Time kai.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I mean, isn't the actual solution just to go to the future, gather the super dragonballs and wish everyone back?

And I was a little bothered about Zamasu continuing to live, but they completely nailed the landing with Trunks seeing Gohan still alive in this world and being reminded of everything that he's done and everyone he's saved.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

zamasu blew up the super dragon balls in that timeline

new namek is probably still fine tho I think? p sure that exists in that future

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Blockhouse posted:

It's more surprising that there is a separate Omni-King for each timeline more so than anything else. I'm sure if Zamasu can do time shenanigans so can Zen-Oh, but the button Goku has is localised so it didn't call his. Does this mean that a branching timeline also creates a whole new set of unaltered universes as well...?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

YF-23 posted:

It's more surprising that there is a separate Omni-King for each timeline more so than anything else. I'm sure if Zamasu can do time shenanigans so can Zen-Oh, but the button Goku has is localised so it didn't call his. Does this mean that a branching timeline also creates a whole new set of unaltered universes as well...?

This would appear to be the case. So far we've seen no entity that's truly beyond time line fuckery in Dragon Ball.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I'm kinda ok with that, honestly. It helps give some perspective as to why time fuckery is a Huge loving Deal and why it took Trunks' adventures to truly drive Zamasu over the edge.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Kurui Reiten posted:

This would appear to be the case. So far we've seen no entity that's truly beyond time line fuckery in Dragon Ball.

Kaioshin of Time has jurisdiction over multiple timelines at least, but maybe when they create a new SKoT via ningens messing with time she just finds the alternate versions and they voltron together or something.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

YF-23 posted:

Yes. This means that Bulma has the power to create universes and Gods. She is stronger than any kaioshin.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Kaioshin of Time has jurisdiction over multiple timelines at least, but maybe when they create a new SKoT via ningens messing with time she just finds the alternate versions and they voltron together or something.

Turns out we've never seen the same SKoT twice, every single scene with her is a completely different SKoT handling things. They just keep it quiet because it means they all barely have to do any work.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
What was Zamasus stance on the after life? Did he care about filthy ningen in the afterlife? It seems to me like he was leaving that alone, so all of the Earth people killed by Black/Zamasu would still "exist" in the after life of that universe. Right? Even if they can't be wished back Trunks would still get to see his mom/Gohan/whatever when he died.

So, when Zeno erases a universe, does he erase the after life too? Seems like it. This means their solution didn't just kill all of the humans in Trunks timeline, it double killed them destroying their souls forever. Majin Buu threatened to double kill some people, but this arc really followed through on it. If the people of Earth had not helped Trunks, Zamasu would have won. Zamasu would have made a nice cabin in the woods and lived in peace, and the filthy ningen souls could exist in the afterlife. The people of Earth helped erase their own existence.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Nov 20, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I mean, the universe is still there or else they couldn't have time traveled back to it. zeno just blew up earth and killed zamasu 'cause gently caress that guy. so really they just stole that whole multiverse's omni-god, thus completing zamasu''s god murder spree for him

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is definitely going to have repurcussions later on and I can't wait.

Like was pointed out in a show a bunch, Zen-Oh's an innocent kinda guy but he's not someone you want to upset and seems a bit precious and ridiculously powerful to go with. And there are two of him.

What the hell are they going to do when the Zen-Oh's fall out with each other like Beerus and Champa???

On top of all that, I guess the old "Toriyama can't settle on having one ultimate god of them all" thing came true in the least expected sense.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

She is in DBfor three episodes and it's the worst part of the worst arc.

Not counting filler

Get bent, the Red Ribbon Army arc was great

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

I mean, the universe is still there or else they couldn't have time traveled back to it. zeno just blew up earth and killed zamasu 'cause gently caress that guy. so really they just stole that whole multiverse's omni-god, thus completing zamasu''s god murder spree for him

I don't think he just blew up the Earth. When Goku gets there Zeno is floating around in a weird void that does not look like normal space. I'm pretty sure he destroyed the entire universe, he had to because fart-zamasu.jpg was becoming everything.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I like to believe that far far away, Future King Kai was facepalming.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:rip: Zamasu, you ningen hatin, body stealin fart cloud.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
For some reason I thought they were going to erase Future Trunks and Mai when Whis said there would be two of them. Instead there is just gonna be two of them, I guess.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If Zeno-A and Zeno-B put on some potara earrings, how many universes could the resulting fusion destroy at once?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
they got a lot of work out of that shot of android 8

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they knew they'd keep reusing it if he wasn't destroyed utterly. they were saving them from themselves by killing him off

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

that just means she's doomed because Future Trunks is a vortex of reality-erasing suffering

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

a cartoon duck posted:

that just means she's doomed because Future Trunks is a vortex of reality-erasing suffering

Or she will fall in love with the other future trunks

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

what a weird rear end episode

is future trunks' timeline just completely empty and hosed forever now? no ningens. no gods. what the gently caress was their zen-chan doing all this time? sitting in that palace all alone?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
You thought Future Trunks was finally gonna have a legit good ending, but it was I, ZAMASU!

I'm kinda meh on this. They should've ended the arc last episode, it kinda felt like an unnecessary "gently caress you" to the first legit achievement in Super. Still, I'll count that poo poo as a Trunks win and Gigyasu as nuclear fallout. Plus, Zeno is still the best even though he destroyed an entire universe and now there are TWO of him! It also doesn't REALLY destroy the message of "mortals need to learn how to handle their poo poo", I feel. Trunks barely missed it, and Zeno showed that you probably don't wanna have to hit him up because he'll just wipe everything out.

Gohan's scene right at the end was nice too. Poor Trunks needs to constantly be reminded of his failures, but his pals know he's trying his best.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Rutibex posted:

I don't think he just blew up the Earth. When Goku gets there Zeno is floating around in a weird void that does not look like normal space. I'm pretty sure he destroyed the entire universe, he had to because fart-zamasu.jpg was becoming everything.

Xeno1's end sequence had you in a similar space near the end(Only the colour was slightly green rather than straight blue), so I think you're on to something.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

what if Future Trunks, after going to this new timeline, decides to join the Time Patrol and becomes the Xenoverse Trunks.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

really the "you depend too much on the gods" message doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense in dragon ball anyway considering the amount of times various gods have needed help from the protags

mabels big day posted:

what if Future Trunks, after going to this new timeline, decides to join the Time Patrol and becomes the Xenoverse Trunks.

then he dumped future mai and that's hosed up

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Guys. Guys. Hear me out here. What if Future Trunks fused with Future Trunks, THEN they fused with Xenoverse Trunks?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I love that there's like five different versions of Trunks now.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I don't know whether I liked Trunks' moment with Vegeta or Gohan more, but one thing I do know is that Zeno is the most adorable reality-ending psychopath ever. I love that little guy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

a cartoon duck posted:

she is the ultimate good that can finally nullify the shitnado

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Raxivace posted:

I love that there's like five different versions of Trunks now.

You could teach English with Trunkses. You have Am Trunks, Was Going To Trunks, Will Trunks, Will Have Trunks and Will be Going to Trunks.

• Locked thread