Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dario the Wop posted:

Exactly why I loathe them. Years ago, inspired by one of our intrepid posters, I tried to make a video about their wasted talent. Several weeks later, my roommate told me I'd become depressed, and I'd gradually started drinking to excess literally every night, with yelling and weekly blackouts. So much talent, so much potential, so much waste. It was watching the slow torturous death of an art form. After maybe two months I felt like I'd lost a piece of my mind. Close examination of TNA had a Lovecraftian effect on my psyche.

Now I only watch TNA through Botchamania and Broken Hardy videos. My drinking returned to reasonable levels (for people like us :)), and my depression has been handled by increased medication.

TNA is a monster that ruins everything it touches. And it will never die.

Maybe you should not drink with your medications my friend. Hope things are better for you, alcohol is great depression not so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Drinking with medication is probably what TNA has been doing for years. Probably why it was never effective.

What's next for our southern flower of a princess Dixie after all of this is done and folded? Are the nazis going to eat her brains or is she gonna be the Carter family's jester or receptionist? Pretty sure no one in the family would want her back in their business after all these gently caress ups.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

DoctorGonzo posted:

Maybe you should not drink with your medications my friend.
OH I'M SORRY I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA

Thank you for the concern friend, I'm a social drinker and usually keep it under control. :D

Dario the Wop fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 20, 2016

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

uncleKitchener posted:

Is Damien 'Aron Rex' Sandow out of this lovely company yet?

He's still on TV because of the tapings but he removed any reference to TNA from his Twitter during the lawsuit stuff, for what it's worth. If he doesn't show up on the Hardy thing next month and the subsequent taping he's likely gone.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

does he leave with the belt? The most TNA thing would be let him leave with the Grand Championship and never mention it again.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coconono posted:

does he leave with the belt? The most TNA thing would be let him leave with the Grand Championship and never mention it again.

He already lost it i think?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

He already lost it i think?

To Moose, yes, but so far that hasn't been aired. Whoops, spoiler, not that anyone cares.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

huh, I thought Moose retired.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

huh, I thought Moose retired.

They needed someone to carry TNA into the future after Decay killed Bram

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
This would be why Moose picked up Magnus' role as TNA's PR on Twitter.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

coconono posted:

No, the most TNA thing would be to keep the belt around long after the wrestler it was created for has left, and rename it six time.

What will the title be called this time next year, I wonder.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Speaking of Magnus, TNA sure did a great job of using him to try and put the final nail in the coffin of Sting's career. It obviously didn't work because Sting went on to WWE and no one gives a poo poo about Magnus.

flashy_mcflash posted:

He's still on TV because of the tapings but he removed any reference to TNA from his Twitter during the lawsuit stuff, for what it's worth. If he doesn't show up on the Hardy thing next month and the subsequent taping he's likely gone.

Then it's safe to conclude that he's out. Good job, TNA.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Grendels Dad posted:

No, the most TNA thing would be to keep the belt around long after the wrestler it was created for has left, and rename it six time.

What will the title be called this time next year, I wonder.

"This Is The One Guy Still Getting Paid" Championship

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

uncleKitchener posted:

Speaking of Magnus, TNA sure did a great job of using him to try and put the final nail in the coffin of Sting's career. It obviously didn't work because Sting went on to WWE and no one gives a poo poo about Magnus.

Hey now, TNA put over Sting (and Styles harder than they ever did when he actually worked for them) over Magnus on the way out.

Coincidentally, the person who Sting actually put over on his way out was... current WWE talent Bobby Roode! :v:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/gocalldapolice/status/799715796637224960

I mean, really...

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

God bless TNA for letting that poor girl fulfill her Make -A-Wish and letting her wrestle on tv.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Isn't that Cody Rhodes' wife?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
She left a company that used her in a speaking role regularly and has a huge state of the art wrestling training facility for one that would throw her in the ring immediately and probably won't even pay her just because her husband didn't want to be a spaceman jobber.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Also WWE is probably gonna bounce a shitload fewer paychecks than TNA

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

She left a company that used her in a speaking role regularly and has a huge state of the art wrestling training facility for one that would throw her in the ring immediately and probably won't even pay her just because her husband didn't want to be a spaceman jobber.

She really wanted to wrestle and WWE wouldn't let her. TNA, thankfully, has no standards or concern for the safety of its employees

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Jenna Morasca vs. Brandi Rhodes. I think we all need to see this.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Seems like Mike and Maria are going ahead with their departure plans. Mike Bennett is rumoured to return to ROH and Maria posted this: https://twitter.com/MariaLKanellis/status/800537849296777216

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bigger & Better things, eh Brandi? :allears:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i hope maria ends up producing nxt segments

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

Seems like Mike and Maria are going ahead with their departure plans. Mike Bennett is rumoured to return to ROH and Maria posted this: https://twitter.com/MariaLKanellis/status/800537849296777216

What does she study?

I have no basis for how good a school Full Sail is in the grand scheme of things. Does this seem like a thing where she chose Full Sail because it's the legit best for whatever she studies, or because it's tangential to WWE and could lead to a return?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

For-profit colleges are never better than public / private non-profits. You might get the same benefits but the risks are a lot riskier.

Unless Maria has been doing technical stuff on the side, she's probably doing on-air broadcasting

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It'd be funny if she's just trying to get a degree in game design and has nothing to do with NXT at all.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

What does she study?

I have no basis for how good a school Full Sail is in the grand scheme of things. Does this seem like a thing where she chose Full Sail because it's the legit best for whatever she studies, or because it's tangential to WWE and could lead to a return?

She will be doing her Master's in Entertainment Business.

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/800722164978683904 https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/800722626876506113

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Aron Rex

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:alexa::aronrex:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
A

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
R

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
O

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
N

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

R

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 23, 2016

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
E

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
X

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Guys his name is fuckin Aron Rex that's some straight Call of Duty naming poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
rear end

• Locked thread