Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
don't be racist against fish people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzNeg9D-EZ4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Cat Mattress posted:

It's racism. Poisson is discriminated against just because he's a Deep One. There's a real problem with Dagonophobia.

This or he's a Scottish Leader vying for independence, if surnames have any inclination.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

1 PM update: Still not voted for any of these clowns, currently in my PJs watching Star Trek, and life is okay I guess.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Jean Luc Picard says: "Hon hon hon, winners vote, sacrebleu!"

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Flowers For Algeria posted:

1 PM update: Still not voted for any of these clowns, currently in my PJs watching Star Trek, and life is okay I guess.

but don't you want to faire barrage????

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I was going to emptyquote with the post about Mediapart but I noticed the username.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

ElNarez posted:

but don't you want to faire barrage????

Barrage against whom, is the question. Whoever wins, we lose.

x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx
Jan 21, 2013

Barrage against whom, is the question. Whoever wins, we lose.

Guillotine them all.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

So, Le Pen's going to win, right?

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

No.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

awesome-express posted:

Even if she does, she won't.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

quote:

ÇA VOUS A PLU ?

I answered "Non."

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Holy poo poo I didnt' know NKM wanted to reduce by 500 000 the number of civil servants as well.

I'm glad I didn't vote for her. Or for any one of them at all. I'd vote for Jean-Luc Picard if I could.

EDIT: oh WOW she's a flat-taxer as well. Fuckkk

EDIT again: Oh Juppé's campaign slays me

Flowers For Algeria fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 20, 2016

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
my abuelo

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

my abuelo

He's got Jeb!'s exclamation mark, though. AJ! 2017.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

awesome-express posted:

Yeah like Clinton she is going to win 99% chance. Actually it's actually possible she will win this year but it's far more likely in the next cycle. Or at least it was before trump but i wouldn't think it's that important to the outcome of the French election unless i was a self-centered US commentator who know jack poo poo about french politic. She is probably going to get a great loving score and more MPs this cycle. 2022 is going to be violently in her favor if nothing happen to change the balance anyway.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
so five years to find a way to live in new zealand

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

South of India is quite nice, guys.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Kurtofan posted:

Just move to New Caledonia.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I'm writing down the names of all those who plan on abandoning us in the coming fascist regime and warning them: the guillotine awaits the coward as well as the fascist.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Reminder

Angela Merkel, 2015:
"And to be honest, if now we should have to start apologizing because we have shown kindness to people in need, then this is simply not my country"

Poland, Hungary, FN, UK, Austria, 2015....
"wraaagh wraahgh brown people come to rape our children, let them all die in the sea or at the gates, we are FULL"

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

I'm writing down the names of all those who plan on abandoning us in the coming fascist regime and warning them: the guillotine awaits the coward as well as the fascist.

I'll make the website.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
I'm hearing news of a Fillon-Juppé duel in the second round next sunday.

The angry dwarf is out.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

The angry dwarf is out.

I'm hearing the same and smiling widely.

Other good news: out of the seven candidate, six didn't win.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
beaten by his own sadsack prime minister lmao

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Wouldn't it make sense for the left just to vote for the republican candidate in the first round too? Best case he gets >50% and they can save money and danger on the second round. Or is anyone really believing that Hollande could win?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

^^^Hollande won't be the left wing candidate.
Fillon already complaining about some irregularities. UMP gonna UMP i guess.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

Wouldn't it make sense for the left just to vote for the republican candidate in the first round too? Best case he gets >50% and they can save money and danger on the second round. Or is anyone really believing that Hollande could win?

Man this takes the notion of the vote utile to a new unreached level in idiocy.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
15% of left-leaning people voted for these primaries?! Trotsky lives I guess...

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The angry dwarf is out.

This would own so hard. Hopefully Kosciusko-Morizet will gently caress off forever after this as well

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

GaussianCopula posted:

gently caress that noise.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Wow so Fillon is owning.

Good bye gay marriage I guess.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Could someone throw together a quick rundown of who's who of french politics and what's going on, because that wall of names is kinda incomprehensible to me and reading wiki articles about everyone to try to puzzle together their politics would take quite while.

Also, will Le Pen kill EU with Frexit next year or do you think it will get delayed until 2018?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Wow so Fillon is owning.

Good bye gay marriage I guess.
Lol you really underestimate his ability to make fake promise to idiots in exchange of votes. He would probably go full neoliberal and fire 1 million people from the public service before doing anything to satisfy the anti-gay and it would probably be gpa or trans related first.

quote:

Also, will Le Pen kill EU with Frexit next year or do you think it will get delayed until 2018?
I know it's an Anglo-saxon habit but we poor Frenchmen generally don't loving sell the brexit failure/Hillary election until most of the votes are counted. Ask again after the 2017 election, tia.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 20, 2016

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

throw to first drat IT posted:

Could someone throw together a quick rundown of who's who of french politics and what's going on, because that wall of names is kinda incomprehensible to me and reading wiki articles about everyone to try to puzzle together their politics would take quite while.

Fillon was Sarkozy's PM for 5 years and Juppé was Chirac's PM sometime during the XXth century.
Fillon is a classic thatcherite with a old-school catholic twang. Juppé wants to be your everyday grandpa but sometimes he pretends to be your redneck uncle and deep inside he is your Wall Street cousin.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

I think France has nothing to gain by Frexit. All that EU/Euro business was their idea in the first place, non? The undesireables in France are not really coming from other EU countries, rather from their colonies it seems like, economically it would suck as they profit a lot from the Euro, and of course without the Euro the Bundesbank finally reigns supreme again in Europe.

I mean UK also didn't gain, but for France it seems extra counter intutive.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Fillon was Sarkozy's PM for 5 years and Juppé was Chirac's PM sometime during the XXth century.
Fillon is a classic thatcherite with a old-school catholic twang. Juppé wants to be your everyday grandpa but sometimes he pretends to be your redneck uncle and deep inside he is your Wall Street cousin.

Fillon also is a Russophile, which means there isn't going to be a viable non-Russophile candidate next election. Putin seems to be rolling in victories at the moment.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

caps on caps on caps posted:

I mean UK also didn't gain, but for France it seems extra counter intutive.

The French have long had a....difficult relationship with logic

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

caps on caps on caps posted:

I think France has nothing to gain by Frexit. All that EU/Euro business was their idea in the first place, non? The undesireables in France are not really coming from other EU countries, rather from their colonies it seems like, economically it would suck as they profit a lot from the Euro, and of course without the Euro the Bundesbank finally reigns supreme again in Europe.
I don't think it matters if the bad ideas came from French politicians, if their attempt at shackling Germany failed so miserably that Germany managed to shackle the rest of Europe including France.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
holy poo poo, you guys were not kidding, fillon right now is ahead with 43% of the votes, followed by Juppé with 27% and then Sarkozy with 21%

fillon it is i guess, juppé pulled a jeb!

Edit: though the big cities are always late to announce their results, this is probably going to boost juppé for the second round.