Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The Moon Monster posted:

Is there any way to unlock more clothing at shops, or does their stock never change?

The stock doesn't change, but different shops have different clothes. So as you get further in the game there's more variety available in each town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Feranon posted:

besides the framerate and the general weirdness of it, it seems like it was introduced too early. I won the first one against hau/emo kid/kukuiTHE MASKED ROYAL but after that when I challenged it again they were all lv. 50 and I'm still in my 20s

Yeah I had the same experience. I thought I could try to have a bit of fun with it but the next fight was against a Staraptor, Meganium, and Decidueye that spent the whole fight ganging up on me. I had level ~20 guys at the time. Guess it's a post-game thing.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

The stock doesn't change, but different shops have different clothes. So as you get further in the game there's more variety available in each town.

Yeah, I've seen all of them and the variety seems much lower than in XY.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Tender Bender posted:

I checked out Pokemon Go for the first time in a while and it just occurred to me that it's the first time those pokémon assets have been created in HD, right? Like it's just a phone app but they're crisp 3d models you can rotate and everything.

supposedly GO just uses the 3DS models, which were already HD and downscaled for the games. If that's true then it explains why the 3DS games get so slow with more than 2 pokemon on screen.

no idea why 3DS games would have such high-res models, unless they're just future-proofing those assets so they can re-use them.... like..... in a new HD game :aaa:

e:fb

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The Moon Monster posted:

Yeah, I've seen all of them and the variety seems much lower than in XY.

Yeah that's unfortunately just how it is. I think X/Y got more variety because it was supposed to be a fashion-focused region, but also because there were a lot of different climates represented. So there were places that it made sense to have like hoodies and heavy pants and stuff. While Sun/Moon is all tropical so they probably thought it made less sense to have that stuff available.

Hopefully in future games they have more variety. Particularly with haircolor and glasses.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Dartix and decidueye have to have the most :effort: names. Oh, it's just their scientific name with a weak pun.
Arrowl was right there for the taking

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
What is with female Salandits having a 15% encounter rate and being the only ones that can evolve. Does the dex entry at least warn people about this if they don't use wikis?

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Please tell me there is a way to get a Dawn Stone before the postgame that doesn't involve rolling dice on Poké Pelago once a day.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

I checked out Pokemon Go for the first time in a while and it just occurred to me that it's the first time those pokémon assets have been created in HD, right? Like it's just a phone app but they're crisp 3d models you can rotate and everything.

That's pretty much why the games have framerate issues yea, the models are already too high quality for the 3ds to handle, apparently they were trying to future proof them.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How does Mimikyu learn Wood Hammer? I hatched a bunch but none had it.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Dartix and decidueye have to have the most :effort: names. Oh, it's just their scientific name with a weak pun.

arrowl is way lazier and harder to pronounce

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Another reason to never evolve rowlet - they just keep coming

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Like you're not naming your owl Robin Hoot anyway.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if you're gonna name the thing arrowl, go all the way and name it green arrowl

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Khanstant posted:

How does Mimikyu learn Wood Hammer? I hatched a bunch but none had it.

give a Heart Scale to the Move Reminder

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I did

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I named mine Soren. Yes, I am a pathetic nerd. :sigh:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Shiny Salazzle looks like Frieza

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
So the game tells me there is a move tutor in Hau'oli city. I can't seem to find them.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Owliver Queen

Goddamn am I tired of Spearows and wingulls. Out of the near thousand pokemons out there, why do they have to keep bringing back two of the worst, dullest assholes to litter every area.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Ixjuvin posted:

So can I group up with a friend and do 2v2 online battles vs randos in this one?

anyone? :(

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

cancerianmoth posted:

So the game tells me there is a move tutor in Hau'oli city. I can't seem to find them.

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/movetutors.shtml

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Doctor Hoot

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

cancerianmoth posted:

They're in the mall(opens up by the time you beat the Kahuna) and just teach Frenzy Plant/Blast Burn/Hydro Cannon and the Pledge moves.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Any advice on how to get a HA Passimian?

He just keeps calling for Trumbeaks...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The game includes big owl eye circles in the symbols section, and a lowercase v for a beak. I hatched dovens of those fuckers and all of their names are cute little owl faces! OvO

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Xander B Coolridge posted:

they can't call for help if they have a status condition

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Xander B Coolridge posted:

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Nigel Feathersworth was too long so I just kept it as default

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Dr. Fetus posted:

It turns out the reason Kadabra doesn't learn Confusion upon evolving is because of a bug.

Basically what happens is if a Pokemon has less than 4 moves, and is supposed to learn a move upon evolving, the game prioritizes a level 0 move instead, which ends up doing stuff like screwing Kadabra out of Confusion.

This is actually really cool cause this means you can get Hurricane on Pelipper as soon as it evolves

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Manatee Cannon posted:

if you're gonna name the thing arrowl, go all the way and name it green arrowl

thats the wrong extension of arrowl

the correct is Arrowl Flynn

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Khanstant posted:

No, I mean I WANT him to call for help - help from other Passimians.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that works better for the name because arrowl sounds more like errol than arrow, but green arrow has green in his name and is thus a worse joke. this is important when naming your pokemon poorly

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

This is the best and most correct answer and also what I named mine.

Also, sidenote; when does Cubone evolve?

I've heard 25 at night and 28 at night. But apparently it learns Shadow Bone at 27?

I wanna know if I should bother catching a new Cubone or just say "screw it" and move on with who I got.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Do pick up the Pledge moves, they're very useful special moves to get early

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Classtoise posted:

This is the best and most correct answer and also what I named mine.

Also, sidenote; when does Cubone evolve?

I've heard 25 at night and 28 at night. But apparently it learns Shadow Bone at 27?

I wanna know if I should bother catching a new Cubone or just say "screw it" and move on with who I got.

http://i.imgur.com/GQri65u.jpg

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Can someone help me evolve my Crabrawler? You have to level him up on the elite 4 mountain.

4098-2581-2027

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Hi I'm gamefreak. We just made a new pokemon and put him as a 5% chance to appear under specific conditions. We thought you'd prefer to see Golbat instead.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Hi I'm gamefreak. We just made a new pokemon and put him as a 5% chance to appear under specific conditions. We thought you'd prefer to see Golbat instead.

yea I find it weird that they have a lot of new pokemon show up very rarely. its a little annoying but the oldies are goodies for the most part- especially with the various buffs moves/abilities pokemon got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Is there a list of the npcs that ask you to catch Pokémon. I feel like I've forgotten at least 2 by now