Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Could've sworn it did, under gameplay in options. Settings for on, off in conversations, and always off.

I would've sworn the same yesterday, but

I think they removed it after ME1, and brought it back in ME3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Levantine posted:

I'm digging back into ME3 multiplayer on PC after a few years away. There's a lot of new content but my question is, how should I spend my credits starting out? Should I just buy a bunch of recruit packs or should I work on the higher tier boxes?

Start out with Recruit packs until you max out the cheap guns. That way, you aren't wasting tons of spacebux on common weapons. After that, you can buy whatever.

You don't get the rare weapons/kits from Recruit Packs, and obviously those are the ones you want, but they're waaaaay cheaper than the others.

marktheando posted:

That's basically it. You ran into a bunch of their failed mad science experiments where they let Rachni loose and got all their guys killed. Which is why even in my most evil ME2 play through I didn't trust them to be competent enough to handle the collector base.

They also murdered an admiral who found out about their dumb experiments.

FronzelNeekburm fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 20, 2016

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I thought the helmet thing was in the armor kiosk thing in your cabin in ME2 but I might be mistaken.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Alain Post posted:

I thought the helmet thing was in the armor kiosk thing in your cabin in ME2 but I might be mistaken.

You can take off your helmet, but you lose the associated buff.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Rinkles posted:

You can take off your helmet, but you lose the associated buff.

It's hard sci-fi.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dan Didio posted:

I actually don't remember, but it was some dumb game of the decade thing in 2010, I think?

probably the walking dead

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1OGexjaP1U

lmao

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
RDR is good, but game of the decade? lol no

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Moola posted:

RDR is good, but game of the decade? lol no

Maybe it got it because it was Rockstar's one good game of the decade.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Kibayasu posted:

Maybe it got it because it was Rockstar's one good game of the decade.

That was Max Payne 3

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Alain Post posted:

That was Max Payne 3

I tried to skip this post but I keep getting a message that says "loading, please wait."

I loving love me some Max Payne 3 but I doubt I'll ever play it again because of that.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Now, I haven't played RDD, but I'm pretty sure it's poo poo because I don't think GTA would get good just because all the cars are now horses.
If anything I'd assume the opposite.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Jeza posted:

hey, you win some you lose some. would you rather you allowed some dodgy geezers to get their hands on reaper tech in the hopes of reverse engineering some useful poo poo that might help prevent the annihilation of all sentient life, or do you destroy the most valuable resource you have out of some kind of spiteful logic?

pretty sure people who choose to destroy it were just picking paragon options from a walkthrough or some poo poo because how unintuitive can you get?

See, all those potential benefits aren't going to the galaxy at large or even humanity. They are going to an organization of fanatics that have shown repeatedly disturbing disregard for human life as well as a highly manipulative streak. They are highly, highly unlikely to use this to benefit anyone aside from themselves. Given their track record for mad science and the Reapers' penchant for mind control traps, they were never going to successfully use it in any way. Blowing it to bits and squirreling away whatever data you can get from it has lesser benefits, but keeps both the extremists and Reapers from utilizing its resources.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Mymla posted:

Now, I haven't played RDD, but I'm pretty sure it's poo poo because I don't think GTA would get good just because all the cars are now horses.

It was good and cool. Better than ME3 singleplayer by a long, long shot.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Mymla posted:

Have you considered... playing a game? Before judging it, that is... It would certainly give your most hottest of takes some more fire

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Open world games are bad.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
*Rides on a horse toward one of many icons on a map* this is loving awesome

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Open world, more like open wide and hurl :barf:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
"You can explore in any direction!" = "This game has no direction"

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Player freedom, sure, freedom to say how much it stinks

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The possibilities are infinite. I can start a racing side quest in this town, or travel a few miles and start a racing side quest in the next town over. Game of the decade.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Eej posted:

Have you considered... playing a game? Before judging it, that is... It would certainly give your most hottest of takes some more fire

I considered it, but in the end I decided against it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Have the fuckable Turians been confirmed.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Alain Post posted:

Have the fuckable Turians been confirmed.

I'm confirming it riiight nooowwwwwwww

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm doing the moves.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Turians were a joke compared to these little dudes. RIP

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Alain Post posted:

That was Max Payne 3

DrNutt posted:

I loving love me some Max Payne 3 but I doubt I'll ever play it again because of that.

Error.
Max Payne 3 was a bad game.
Take everything that made the first two good, and then poo poo all over it:
-Monster closets every ten feet, you never know when you need to use your meds compared to the first one where it was room-by-room basis.
-Dialogue that stumbles all over itself and loses Max's noire monologues in return for lovely one liners and nothing else.
-Killing lots of faceless enemies that don't leave any impression on the world, the originals had news stories that detailed the murderous rampage Max was on.
-No real quirky characters or places aside from the football stadium.
-Haze effect that was overdone and headache inducing.

Rockstar, as a whole, butchered that series.

At least Mass Effect was only ruined by two guys.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
i'm sexually attracted to the Normandy

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Are the conversation options gonna be just 'Be an rear end in a top hat' or 'Be nice' again?

I remember in ME3, having to watch Tali kill herself because I was too neutral to unlock the conversational options to prevent that.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Drifter posted:

"Friends, Shepard. Have been. Always will be."

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Moola posted:

i'm sexually attracted to the Normandy

Same, except for turians.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Thor-Stryker posted:

Error.
Take everything that made the first two good, and then poo poo all over it:
-Monster closets every ten feet, you never know when you need to use your meds compared to the first one where it was room-by-room basis.
-Dialogue that stumbles all over itself and loses Max's noire monologues in return for lovely one liners and nothing else.
-Killing lots of faceless enemies that don't leave any impression on the world, the originals had news stories that detailed the murderous rampage Max was on.
-No real quirky characters or places aside from the football stadium.
-Haze effect that was overdone and headache inducing.

All of this is true and it's still clearly the best Rockstar game.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Thor-Stryker posted:

Error.

Max Payne 3 was interesting because it was putting a noir character into a Hollywood action movie setting, and him constantly making wise-rear end remarks as he gets into worse and worse situations, drunkenly murdering everyone in his path is pretty funny.

Also, the gunplay is fun.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Max Payne 3 is good as hell.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's not as good as Max Payne 2 but Max Payne 2 may be the greatest game ever made so that's no shame. It's probably better than MP1 because it doesn't have the loving dream sequences

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

My holy trinity for last generation is ME2, RDR, and uh...umm...probably Burnout Paradise.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Drifter posted:

The Doc went out like a real hero.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Little Bitch Man posted:

Are the conversation options gonna be just 'Be an rear end in a top hat' or 'Be nice' again?

I remember in ME3, having to watch Tali kill herself because I was too neutral to unlock the conversational options to prevent that.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Does Away with Paragon and Renegade Dialogue Choices

quote:

Instead, Andromeda will apparently adopt a more traditional role-playing stance, allowing you to choose from a number of different reactions in any given situation. Dialogue options supposedly include head, heart, professional, and casual responses.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Hope for Sarcastic-Ryder has increased, because Sarcastic-Hawke that was the only good thing about Dragon Age 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Thor-Stryker posted:

Hope for Sarcastic-Ryder has increased, because Sarcastic-Hawke that was the only good thing about Dragon Age 2.
I hope to god they've learned what not to do by way of Dragon Age Inq.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

"Friends, Shepard. Have been. Always will be."
:cry: