Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Mail came today! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I still feel that 5% chance is better the the times they did 1% and Swarm Pokemon in gen 2. Also Feebas.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

cancerianmoth posted:

yea I find it weird that they have a lot of new pokemon show up very rarely. its a little annoying but the oldies are goodies for the most part- especially with the various buffs moves/abilities pokemon got.
What are you talking about, of course you'd rather have Slowpoke and Caterpie available right away instead of Rockruff. :downs:

The "shove a bunch of cool old mons in early" method worked in BW2 because the Gen 5 guys already had a chance to shine. It's just annoying here(although I'm sure it'll make repeat playthroughs a lot less boring).

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I've been trying to get a Thick Club for my Cubone and just having the most garbage luck. I know it's very rare, but I need to know something before I waste any more time than I already have:

Can SOS Cubones have Thick Clubs?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I decided to do a little breeding for just some minor stuff and wound up with a box full, thanks little fenced in area in front of the daycare!

I tossed my rejects up on Wonder Trade just to see what a box worth of poo poo gets me. Shockingly mostly garbo but I got a couple neat things like a level 40 Alolan Exeggutor female I can use.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jarogue posted:

I still feel that 5% chance is better the the times they did 1% and Swarm Pokemon in gen 2. Also Feebas.

the researcher that asks to see a feebas is the real bad guy of this gen

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm glad that my buddy Zygarde ended up being outrageously strong.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

the researcher that asks to see a feebas is the real bad guy of this gen

And then he gives you a whole 3,000 pokedosh. gently caress

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Blackheart posted:

I'm glad that my buddy Zygarde ended up being outrageously strong.

hes crazy

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

For some odd reason I completely forgot about this. Just the thing to waste a poo poo ton of hours while on my upcoming work trip.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Wellp, time to start resetting for a female popplio.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
When does Pikachu learn Slam and Thunderbolt? That's gonna determine when I evolve it.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

Good luck on your 30 min to 2 hour trip.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 20, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Is using a Vullaby even worth it since it doesn't evolve until level 50 something? What the gently caress Gamefreak, that's when Dragons and Pseudo Legendaries evolve not regular birds.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Someone posted a while back calling the Kahunas basically the ruling warlords of the island
Given the reactions of the townspeople, I'm actually tempted to agree with them

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
heres some funny battles feat. me

first gen 7 battle, had the worst luck i think ive ever had BUT my opponent nicknamed his pokemon so im fine w/ it
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-480010206

i win a game because my opponent hosed up, also i learned that mega metagross is legal in pre-pokebank the hard way
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-480028538

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Is Fakeout not always flinching enemies a new thing? Because I don't remember it ever failing to cause flinch and it's failed on me twice so far.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Deified Data posted:

Is Fakeout not always flinching enemies a new thing? Because I don't remember it ever failing to cause flinch and it's failed on me twice so far.

your pokemon probably have Inner Focus

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Vullaby was a good Pokemon when I used it in Black 2

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Was it against a cutifly? Through me for a loop to till I caught it and learned about shield dust or whatever it's called.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

Jarogue posted:

Good luck on your 30 min to 2 hour trip.
Got one on my second try. :cool:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Countblanc posted:

your pokemon probably have Inner Focus

This was probably it, thanks.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

King of Solomon posted:

I've been trying to get a Thick Club for my Cubone and just having the most garbage luck. I know it's very rare, but I need to know something before I waste any more time than I already have:

Can SOS Cubones have Thick Clubs?

I still have no idea if you can get a Thick Club from SOS Cubones, but I have one now. I should have looked into Compound Eyes earlier, it would have saved me a ton of time and effort.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
:allears: mud pony just utterly wrecks the fire trial. I think I'm going to drop the rock pupper for Salandit, since mudbray does everything rockruff does.

Or I'll just start using more than 6 pokemon...

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I hate the SOS mechanic

*summons help*

*defeats helper*

*immediately summons another helper*

*repeat 5 more times*

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I chained Eevees for like an hour last night trying to get an Umbreon to show up. No luck. I hate happiness evos, but I will evolve one my drat self then, game!

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Is curly hair for boys unlocked in the postgame?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Pokemon Uranium not nominated for a "fan game" award at the Game Awards but got removed presumably at Nintendo's request.

This is an outrage.

Uranium is garbage and doesn't deserve any kind of accolades.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

At this time of day, the sea in Sun looks orange
which really just makes me think of vietnamese crystal

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I chained Eevees for like an hour last night trying to get an Umbreon to show up. No luck. I hate happiness evos, but I will evolve one my drat self then, game!

You get the soothe bell really early in the game so shouldn't be to much trouble.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Blaziken386 posted:

At this time of day, the sea in Sun looks orange
which really just makes me think of vietnamese crystal

Who is it to the end? Why to make the thing?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Before I leave the first island, where do you show the girl the Rockruff? I remember seeing it before but I can't remember and I've already visited all 3 Pokecenter.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Is it worth it to keep soft-resetting for a shiny rowlet? I've done it about 40 times so far.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RealFoxy posted:

Before I leave the first island, where do you show the girl the Rockruff? I remember seeing it before but I can't remember and I've already visited all 3 Pokecenter.

She's somewhere on route 3 around the bridge I think. Also you made me realize I forgot about her and the drifloon person. :(

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

LLJKSiLk posted:

Is it worth it to keep soft-resetting for a shiny rowlet? I've done it about 40 times so far.

You're up against some real insane odds there, friend

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Hivac posted:

You're up against some real insane odds there, friend

What's even more insane is that they probably threw away a few female Rowlets

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

LLJKSiLk posted:

being shiny does literally nothing and you have to go through a bunch of text just to reach the pokemon selection at all

so yea sure go for it

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
so not sure if this theory is out there- but maybe the reason breeders don't know how eggs come about is because captured pokemon aren't actually alive. I mean we put them in PC for storage. Maybe pokeballs completely destroy the captured pokemon, converting it into data and what is sent out is reassembled holographic dead pet. And the only people who really know about this is sylph co and the breeders. All the treats and stuff is to let kids feel like they are taking care of something alive. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

She's somewhere on route 3 around the bridge I think. Also you made me realize I forgot about her and the drifloon person. :(
Drifloon girl gave me $10,000 and it turns out Rockruff girl was a guy all along