Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

goatface posted:

He'd get shot with a lot more gender-swap ray guns.

No physical changes happen. "Gender is a social construct, Luthor. You'll have plenty of time to read up about that in jail."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

ImpAtom posted:

Okay, look, they are made of a special fabric that, when it comes in contact with Superman's bioelectric field, takes on the properties and durability of Superman himself. Outside of that field they are indistinguishable from regular cloth and since the cape regularly is outside of that field it tears much easier.

:colbert:

(actually I'm pretty sure that has been a canon excuse at some point.)

This, only it wasn't a special fabric, it was just anything tight enough to be within like a millimetre of his skin.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Goa Tse-tung posted:

alright what if, and hear me out, in the name of verisimilitude, Superman has to be naked from now on

eh? eh?

A superhero whose powers only work when they're naked? I don't think that concept has been explored (I could well be wrong).

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Say Nothing posted:

A superhero whose powers only work when they're naked? I don't think that concept has been explored (I could well be wrong).

Mystery Men. Invisible Boy. He has to be naked and also have no one looking at him.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

goatface posted:

He'd get shot with a lot more gender-swap ray guns.

Magenta kryptonite

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Say Nothing posted:

Thread: Should I post the LoEG Hyde/Invisible Man sequences?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

No post the one with the Achewood dialogue instead

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Say Nothing posted:

Empowered is 180 degrees the opposite of that premise!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh yeah, and Kill la Kill.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Goa Tse-tung posted:

alright what if, and hear me out, in the name of verisimilitude, Superman has to be naked from now on

eh? eh?

Only if the entire series features Supes standing behind comically placed props to keep things PG.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Say Nothing posted:

Mystique

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Nude superheroes you say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GihnbWsv_1U

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Kind of hard to verify, since her power provides clothes. Is she actually naked, and the clothes are part of her skin? Can she take off a hat she acquired via shapeshifting? These are the biggest questions in comics.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That's been answered.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Say Nothing posted:

That's been answered.

I love that the little exclamation point is also made of rock; I like to think that he made it himself just to accentuate his point. I haven't really kept up with any X-Men stuff, is Rockslide still the best?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
That's not Mystique.
:goonsay:

It's the boring aquagirl from Hope's squad.

Rockslide will always be the best.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I do recall in Mystique's solo book she makes a fake test tube of goop in her pocket with her powers, and comments she made it the same way she does glasses and the like.

So yeah, always technically naked.

And on a DC note, given that Green Lantern costumes are projected by the ring, I wonder how often Guy Gardner showed up freeballin'...

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Elfface posted:

And on a DC note, given that Green Lantern costumes are projected by the ring, I wonder how often Guy Gardner showed up freeballin'...

I think we all know the answer to that...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Elfface posted:

I do recall in Mystique's solo book she makes a fake test tube of goop in her pocket with her powers, and comments she made it the same way she does glasses and the like.

It must hurt like hell to walk around on skin shoes.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

They could be keratin shoes. Like a weird foot-shaped hoof.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Elfface posted:

Hal Jordan's only wearing underwear like *counts, slowly* sixty, sixty-five percent of the time, otherwise he's just free balling.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Bobulus posted:

They could be keratin shoes. Like a weird foot-shaped hoof.

Sexy.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lurdiak posted:

Wouldn't that also be known as "walking barefoot"?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Elfface posted:

There's Girl One in Top Ten too. She has chameleon-type skin, so just creates colour patterns on it.

And then she punches out her Sergeant. Because he's a dog with human-level intelligence and she just realised he's colour-blind and never mentioned it....

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Dogs aren't color-blind, though :confused: Not black-and-white colorblind, anyway.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
His explanation is that he's a dog, he's attracted to other dogs, so her being naked to him didn't really have any effect.

But then he ends up dating a human later anyway...

Someone post something badass from Top 10. I can only think of stuff for the funny or heartwarming threads right now, and don't have the books with me to find more.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Runcible Cat posted:

There's Girl One in Top Ten too. She has chameleon-type skin, so just creates colour patterns on it.

Er... I've seen some pretty skilled nude paintjobs but it still is obviously a naked woman.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Elfface posted:

His explanation is that he's a dog, he's attracted to other dogs, so her being naked to him didn't really have any effect.

But then he ends up dating a human later anyway...

Someone post something badass from Top 10. I can only think of stuff for the funny or heartwarming threads right now, and don't have the books with me to find more.

Like 2 pages after he gives that explaination Sarge is talking to... Duane I think? Cowboy guy anyway, and the conversation pretty much goes "I told her I'm not attracted to humans, I'm seeing a borzoi" "and she bought that?" "Yep", so he ends up dating a human woman because he was lying about only being atracted to other dogs.

Man, out of context this sounds like a really creepy thing to talk about.

If I had access to my copies I'd post badass panels of Joe Pi defeating Atoman, or Smax taking on Comissioner Ultima. But I dont.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
:siren: Top Ten spoilers :siren:

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 22, 2016

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Elfface posted:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Say Nothing posted:

I was wrong.
Invisible nudists and shapeshifters everywhere.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

SiKboy posted:

Man, out of context this sounds like a really creepy thing to talk about.

Alan Moore is a genius and an astonishingly talented writer, but he is also kind of a creepy dude and it gets kind of hard to ignore the more of his work you read.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Avulsion posted:

:siren: Top Ten spoilers :siren:
You can hide images behind spoiler tags now :ssh:

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Malachite_Dragon posted:

You can hide images behind spoiler tags now :ssh:

Good to know!

edit: vvvv It seems to work on Awful for android, you just need to click twice on each image.

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 22, 2016

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Spoiler tagged images don't work on mobile. Use links instead.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ariong posted:

Spoiler tagged images don't work on mobile. Use links instead.

Huh. Worked fine on iOS Awful app.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Dogs aren't color-blind, though :confused: Not black-and-white colorblind, anyway.

Next you will tell me they can look up

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The bit I liked most about Girl One (besides maybe the spoiled sequence) is when her co-workers finally meet her "parents" for the first time, and it's two white neckbeard guys who made her in their lab, and then raised her to be a naked science super-asian.

IIRC they are quite realistically disconcerted by this, and don't want to discuss it any further.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bobkatt013 posted:

Next you will tell me they can look up

That's the weirdest loving false fact about an animal I've ever seen, because you just need to play fetch with a dog once to realize it's not true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

That's the weirdest loving false fact about an animal I've ever seen, because you just need to play fetch with a dog once to realize it's not true.

I think most people just repeat it as a reference to Shaun of the Dead.