Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

HenryEx posted:

the translator works on [Onideka] via commission

:ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
.... yes, that's what i said? :confused:

Anything you want to share with the class?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

HenryEx posted:

.... yes, that's what i said? :confused:

Anything you want to share with the class?

I was reacting to learning this fact, not you or your sharing of it.

It makes me :ughh:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, i wouldn't pay for an unofficial translation of illegal scans either, but hey. If someone else does, i'll gladly take it. :shrug:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Don't people normally use a big tacky PayPal donate button for that?

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

JD posted:

Bakugou's next line: "hand it over."

Well, I dunno, but I am really interested to see that discussion net week, as it will almost certainly involve Bakugou confronting Deku on being All Might 's heir... If this were the same Bakugou he went to school with, I might agree with you but they've both changed significantly. He might be OK with it, or want to test Deku's resolve himself... I guess we'll have to see.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I just finished the cavalry race and it was quite fun seeing how everyone combined to use their powers. I liked that Ida already wanted to compare himself against Deku instead of it becoming a thing way down the line. I'm glad Todoroki isn't a rage filled emo considering his parental situation and I hope that doesn't change. The one vs one tournament should be loads of fun and I have the next two volumes also ordered.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

resurgam40 posted:

Well, I dunno, but I am really interested to see that discussion net week, as it will almost certainly involve Bakugou confronting Deku on being All Might 's heir... If this were the same Bakugou he went to school with, I might agree with you but they've both changed significantly. He might be OK with it, or want to test Deku's resolve himself... I guess we'll have to see.
I'm legit curious as to what he wants to talk about.

Current Bakugou I could guess just wants to know the whole story since it drives him nuts to only know part of it, then him probably browbeating Midoriya for being stupid enough to tell him.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I kinda get the feeling Bakugo might be grossed out at the notion of following in someone's footsteps/inheriting their power, but then Deku points out that he doesn't care because he wants to be a hero to be a hero and not out of personal ambition or ego satiation, and in the end they agree to disagree with Bakugo saying he's not going to get outdone by a lovely nerd with hand me down powers.4

That assumes that he's figured it out, though

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

Don't people normally use a big tacky PayPal donate button for that?

The button is usually for "hey, i did this scanlation thing, you can read it here, please donate if you want to see more / help me buy raws".
In this case it's more of a "Oh, you need this translated? Bring me raw scans, i'll take 1.20$ per page, due before delivery. You can keep the finished translation private or post it openly if you wish."

EmmyOk posted:

I just finished the cavalry race and it was quite fun seeing how everyone combined to use their powers. I liked that Ida already wanted to compare himself against Deku instead of it becoming a thing way down the line. I'm glad Todoroki isn't a rage filled emo considering his parental situation and I hope that doesn't change. The one vs one tournament should be loads of fun and I have the next two volumes also ordered.

Hmmm, maybe i should re-read this at some point. It's been a while.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Translating Japanese into readable, understandable English is really loving hard, guys.

Some people don't have the patience to wait for the official deal, so a trade-off is made.

This is why you should support official releases when they come, so the process speeds up.

Wouldn't surprise me if they work as translators officially too, but do fan scanlations for extra cash.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Mordaedil posted:

Translating Japanese into readable, understandable English is really loving hard, guys.

Some people don't have the patience to wait for the official deal, so a trade-off is made.

This is why you should support official releases when they come, so the process speeds up.

Wouldn't surprise me if they work as translators officially too, but do fan scanlations for extra cash.

Most official translators don't have time to do fan translations at any reasonable rate, and most scanlators actually put money IN to the hobby ... because it's a hobby. Source: I don't translate but I've put hundreds of hours and some dough into the hobby.

Scanlation can be both a boon and a detriment to official translations. As you said, in order to not be a detriment we need to buy official versions whenever we have the cash and they're available. Eventually we'll get more services that offer timely translations like crunchyroll and sja. Let's just hope they get a better image displaying system ... yeah right :smithicide:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Honestly in the past I've considered the idea of putting down money to have the rest of Sekitou Elergy translated, but decided against it, and also I believe the actual volumes can be a pain to get, and there's 15 untranslated volumes still. It'll never get licensed so it really is the only way.

Can't blame folks for not wanting to put down money for scanlations though.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Captain Invictus posted:

Honestly in the past I've considered the idea of putting down money to have the rest of Sekitou Elergy translated, but decided against it, and also I believe the actual volumes can be a pain to get, and there's 15 untranslated volumes still. It'll never get licensed so it really is the only way.

Can't blame folks for not wanting to put down money for scanlations though.

Yeah, our translator for that kinda dropped off the grid a long time ago and no one but me wanted to keep it going.
E: why can't I remember her name...

God drat I'm getting old / have been around. That was in ... 2011? poo poo.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Don't apologise, Deku, wanting to be the greatest hero to save people with a smile is much more noble than "I want to be the greatest hero without using all my powers because it'll wreck my oul lad's tits"

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Don't apologise, Deku, wanting to be the greatest hero to save people with a smile is much more noble than "I want to be the greatest hero without using all my powers because it'll wreck my oul lad's tits"

Got a bit Cockney at the end there.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost

ChronoReverse posted:

I do like that even though this is a scenario where the good guys have already won and it's really how far backwards the world slides, things just seem so grim.

let the good times roll

Chair In A Basket fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 20, 2016

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I've been working through Pokemon Sun with a MHA-themed team that I've been rotating and experimenting with for each island. Notable teammates up to the end of the second trial include:

Endeavor the Torracat
Mina Ashido the Alolan Grimer
RecoveryGirl the Cutiefly
Kyoka Jiro the Oricorio
Nana Shimura the Crabrawler
Midnight the Rockruff
Muscular the Mudbray
Gang Orca the Wishiwashi

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Today is Horikoshi's birthday.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I've been working through Pokemon Sun with a MHA-themed team that I've been rotating and experimenting with for each island. Notable teammates up to the end of the second trial include:

Endeavor the Torracat
Mina Ashido the Alolan Grimer
RecoveryGirl the Cutiefly
Kyoka Jiro the Oricorio
Nana Shimura the Crabrawler
Midnight the Rockruff
Muscular the Mudbray
Gang Orca the Wishiwashi

*notes lack of All Might because no Pokemon is remotely good enough to be him*

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

*notes lack of All Might because no Pokemon is remotely good enough to be him*

Machoke? A fighting type of some sort probably, so he can beat down on Incineroar who is totally Endeavour.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Machoke isn't even fully evolved, where All Might is the pinnacle of heroism.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Machamp could work for Shouji, perhaps. Big, strong, more than two arms, etc. Other obvious ones are Murkrow for Tokoyami, one of the frogs (probably Politoed or Greninja) for Tsuyu, and so on. Can't think of good ones for Deku or Shigaraki, though.

It's not a Water type, but Cubone could work for Kouta.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Buzzwole, you fools

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Buzzswole is probably the best option, however, it's a "Ultra Beast" (Legendary) where as All Might was not born legendary, he became legendary.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The best pick for Deku is obviously cosmog.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
All Might is Shedinja because he's a husk of his former self. :colbert:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MODS

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

GodFish posted:

:golfclap:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

qwilfish because it can inflate itself on command

or wishiwashi because it's strong until it reaches its limit, then becomes useless in a fight

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

When Pokemon isn't out in Europe and you're trying to avoid Pokemon spoilers

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Terper posted:

spoilers

it's good

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

Buzzwole, you fools

Buzzwole is actually a Noumu.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Terper posted:

I'm only halfway into it but it's probably the best Pokemon.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

GodFish posted:

Nicely done, sir

Just today I picked up a female Salandit I've named Himiko Toga and had a friend help me get a Stufful with Fluffy (it was a female so I had him rename it to Mount Lady). It is really hard finding good fits for most of the MHA cast as Pokemon

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
For Deku, is there a Pokemon that takes damage as it attacks?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Moves_that_have_recoil

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Mraagvpeine posted:

... magikarp

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Mraagvpeine posted:

Any pokemon with a life orb. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Magikarp doesn't damage itself with any of its attacks!! I can't BELIEVE how wrong this is!!! Criminy!!!!

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Any pokemon with a life orb. :v:

THANK you