Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Spiderdrake posted:

The universe is real big. I didn't really get that vibe at all.

But then DBS is kinda weird about scale. If it took Black a year to push Trunks into a corner he'll finish off the Ningen sometime after the heat death of that universe. I don't think the people writing this stuff really think about it.

Granted, it's hard for ANYONE to think about the actual scale of the universe.

There are seven billion people other than you on Earth, with plenty of space to spare on land alone. The Earth could be fit three times into the red spot on Jupiter. The red spot on Jupiter is like a little loving birthmark. Jupiter itself is nothing compared to the scale of the Solar System. The Solar System is a single tiny star and its orbiting masses in a single arm of the Milky Way Galaxy, which is itself home to countless stars.

There are potentially countless more galaxies out there in the universe, with distances between them that are significant on the astronomical scale.

No one can properly comprehend that scale. The human mind just can't process it, the orders of magnitude don't even exist in our frames of reference. Your mind will try to see the scope as smaller than it is because how can you possibly understand just how vast it all is?

Zeno can pop that entire thing out of existence with nothing even resembling effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

I kind of want an episode about how Yamcha loves everything about his life and is super happy and doesn't even know everybody thinks he's super lame, because he's rich, the 11th strongest man in the world, and has a crazy ripped body that women fall all over.

Just to be contrary.

and then cell comes back and lasers him through the heart

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

HitTheTargets posted:

It's weird because it's definitely a lesson you can apply in real life, but in DBS there's so many gods they need 12 universes and an outside-the-universes Super God to corral them all. Put those fuckers to work. :colbert:

Also, this problem in particular was caused by a God going rogue. If we can't rely on a god to help with that, then what can we rely on them for?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That universe was kinda hosed anyway with no dragon balls, god of destruction, and kais.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Tae posted:

That universe was kinda hosed anyway with no dragon balls, god of destruction, and kais.

yeah, again, slow march towards entropy. All the GoD were dead, so no one to destroy the worlds left around too long, and no Kais to create new life to replace them.

once humanity dies out it's basically a big empty void because Zamasu and Black said they killed everyone in every other reality. Earth was basically his victory lap.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I hope the next arc is just the future-whisdad and bodyguards show up to get their zenos back but they have to be very deferential and formal about it

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Future High Priest is prolly dead.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Goku literally went and stole the god from the future where he was hanging out in a strange infinite void. I'm pretty sure he literally destroyed the universe.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

>Multiverse.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Goku literally went and stole the god from the future where he was hanging out in a strange infinite void. I'm pretty sure he literally destroyed the universe.

Zenos only stated power is destroying universes. I bet he couldn't even destroy something smaller than a universe if he wanted to.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Kurui Reiten posted:

Granted, it's hard for ANYONE to think about the actual scale of the universe.
Absolutely, but that's why I think it's a bit of a leap between "he's trying to become the universe" and then declaring that in the next two and a half minutes he in fact became the entire universe. I thought Zeno was just talking about how lovely Earth looked at this point. Our frame of reference for the Kill All Ningens plan was in fact one planet where Zamasu was still working his way around. It felt like the rest of the universe was secondary to that.

But it's a good point that Zeno can do it, and apparently if he gets annoyed, he will. In fact maybe that's a subtle nod to why he destroyed universes previously. Kais turn into hyperspace farts and Zeno just flushes them.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Spiderdrake posted:

Absolutely, but that's why I think it's a bit of a leap between "he's trying to become the universe" and then declaring that in the next two and a half minutes he in fact became the entire universe.

He was still growing, but pretty rapidly. He even started reaching out into other timelines:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I only just watched the latest episode.

....Uh. What?!

Why...? I don't-...okay.

Whatever. It's okay, Trunks. We still like you. Go bang your girlfriend. Sleep this poo poo off.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Tae posted:

I thought the whole point of them writing this in was so they never had to explain what would happen if Trunks had to deal with all this by himself. I like Trunks, but there really isn't anything he could've done if Beerus had decided to come fight the Super Saiyan God, for instance. They essentially wrote out all of the extra canon they created in the past few years in his timeline.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Momomo posted:

I thought the whole point of them writing this in was so they never had to explain what would happen if Trunks had to deal with all this by himself. I like Trunks, but there really isn't anything he could've done if Beerus had decided to come fight the Super Saiyan God, for instance. They essentially wrote out all of the extra canon they created in the past few years in his timeline.

To be fair I'm pretty sure if Goku was dead Beerus wouldn't have gotten the prophecy and thus wouldn't have shown up and then probably would have just gone to blow up New Namek because they only drink water or something.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
All that stands in the way of Bulma becoming the supreme ruler of all is her becoming friends with Zeno-sama, then travel back in time a few minutes after she becomes friend with him and create a time split event. Now she has 2 Zeno-sama friends to do her bidding.

Repeat.

We need more Evil Bulma. Like GT but on a grander scale.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Spiritus Nox posted:

I only just watched the latest episode.

....Uh. What?!

Why...? I don't-...okay.

Whatever. It's okay, Trunks. We still like you. Go bang your girlfriend. Sleep this poo poo off.

I mean, in the end it's...mostly fine? He's just gonna go to an earlier version of his timeline, as recreated by Whis, and kill Zamasu before he fucks everything up.

And then co-exist with a, if that's even measurable, slightly less traumatized version of himself. Do I have that right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

I mean, in the end it's...mostly fine? He's just gonna go to an earlier version of his timeline, as recreated by Whis, and kill Zamasu before he fucks everything up.

And then co-exist with a, if that's even measurable, slightly less traumatized version of himself. Do I have that right?

Well, he's going to go exist with slightly different versions of everyone he ever knew and loved because all the people he actually cared for (except Mai) were murdered by Gygas.

On the other hand dude has plenty of experience with that considering that all of his friends and the only father he ever knew are ALSO slightly different versions of everyone he ever knew.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Well, he's going to go exist with slightly different versions of everyone he ever knew and loved because all the people he actually cared for (except Mai) were murdered by Gygas.

On the other hand dude has plenty of experience with that considering that all of his friends and the only father he ever knew are ALSO slightly different versions of everyone he ever knew.

So why not just stay in the normal timeline? All the people he knew from hell-Earth still live on good-Earth, they just have happy lives. In making a new timeline, Trunks created an entire world full of traumatized people to play pretend in, when he already has a perfectly good timeline full of people that he has actually spent time with.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

So why not just stay in the normal timeline? All the people he knew from hell-Earth still live on good-Earth, they just have happy lives. In making a new timeline, Trunks created an entire world full of traumatized people to play pretend in, when he already has a perfectly good timeline full of people that he has actually spent time with.

I presume because Mai was like "I got a bunch of non-Pilaf friends back home and I'd like to go back and be friends with them again" and Trunks is like "Welp, my choice is hanging out with Vegeta or my girlfriend who tried to shoot Gygas with a shotgun, not really a hard choice."

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

I presume because Mai was like "I got a bunch of non-Pilaf friends back home and I'd like to go back and be friends with them again" and Trunks is like "Welp, my choice is hanging out with Vegeta or my girlfriend who tried to shoot Gygas with a shotgun, not really a hard choice."

Has Trunks ever actually kissed Mai when she was conscious? He still seemed to be in the awkward friend-zone when they left for the new world.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Has Trunks ever actually kissed Mai when she was conscious? He still seemed to be in the awkward friend-zone when they left for the new world.

Goku has two children and has never kissed his wife.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm still stuck on how loving weird this episode was!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Gohan went from swearing up and down that nothing was going on with Videl to calling her his girlfriend when Goku tried to use her to kiss Elder Kai.

Speaking of which, that was really weird.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Tho at no point does he offer chi chi.

Because Goku is a dick.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

CharlestheHammer posted:

Tho at no point does he offer chi chi.

Because Goku is a dick.

Didn't he say Chi-Chi was too flat or something?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Augus posted:

Didn't he say Chi-Chi was too flat or something?

He gives some lame excuse yeah but we both know he is just loving with Vegeta.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

You have to admit though.

This episode was SMT AS gently caress.
(New mitama face based on Zamasu please atlus)

E:

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Nov 21, 2016

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I hope the baseball arc ends with Yamcha on top, but only because he's the only person who actually knows how to play baseball

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I hope Tien uses the Dragon Balls next week to find out where the hell Launch is.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"I wish Yamcha was dead and then Champa comes around and asks for a Baseball tourney so the one thing he's good at he can't do"
- Vegeta, probably.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Super Ningen Baseball should be funny to watch. I want to imagine Goku trying to teleport instantly to a baseball, only to discover he can't sense it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I can't wait for the next dragon ball movie, where yamcha teaches the dbs cast to play baseball in space (spaceball?)

imagine a sports movie where the entire cast is replaced by dragon ball characters

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Zamasu won and got all the ningens killed because Goku forgot a piece of paper.

Never forget.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TFRazorsaw posted:

either way, it's great how this arc was caused and ended by gods becoming best friends with themselves.

And both are responsible for the deaths of hundreds of billions of people!

Trunks already proved via spirit sword that that doesn't count as it isn't real friendship (and therefore power).

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
It will be fun to compare the DBS baseball episode to the Steven Universe one, but mostly because of the DB references in SU.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OB_Juan posted:

It will be fun to compare the DBS baseball episode to the Steven Universe one, but mostly because of the DB references in SU.

I will be judging it based on the standard created by the DS9 baseball episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRRbYE9jRCk

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
It's unfair to judge against a good DS9 episode.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Blockhouse posted:

I'm still stuck on how loving weird this episode was!

:agreed:

I enjoyed the previous episode (#66) much more. It was still an awesome arc featuring an excellent villain, but this last episode felt unnecessary. Trunks should get the killing blow, imo. They didn't need to over-complicate things.

Pureauthor posted:

Zamasu won and got all the ningens killed because Goku forgot a piece of paper.

Maybe. Perhaps it was Future Trunks who truly won. He lost the battle against Zamasu, but still won the war. Now he gets two cute girlfriends, and he even knows how to seal away the imposter Trunks using the Mafuba.

If Turtle can be captured by the Mafuba, can it work on neutral/good-hearted individuals? It seemed more like more of a battle of willpower than anything else, but I may be wrong.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I personally hold the Samurai Champloo baseball episode as the gold standard against which all other anime sport episodes must be judged. I wait eagerly for Dragon Ball to impress me.

Also, to everyone saying Yamcha is the only one who knows how to play baseball, don't forget Gohan and Videl both played in high school gym. I know that wouldn't normally be comparableto major league talent, but come on, this is Yamcha we're talking about.

• Locked thread