Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
So how rare is Feebas? I've been soft resetting on these rare spots for a while with no luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

mabels big day posted:

I think for clothes colors you can buy in shops, Sun version has Red, Yellow, Pink, Orange, and Beige, and Moon has Green, Blue, Purple, Navy, and Grey.

Kind of interesting they made clothing colors a version difference.

I CHOSE THE WRONG VERSION

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

mabels big day posted:

I think for clothes colors you can buy in shops, Sun version has Red, Yellow, Pink, Orange, and Beige, and Moon has Green, Blue, Purple, Navy, and Grey.

I mean, I'm glad that I got the version with pink
but why would they gate fashion behind version exclusivity
why, gamefreak

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Blaziken386 posted:

Use the QR scanner in the menu 10 times, then press the button. Only works once a day, and only generates specific pokes.
Here is a list of a poo poo ton of different QR codes, and here has a list of what pokemon appears depending on what day it is or what island you're on.
Assuming you live in california, you've got about an hour to get a cyndaquil. If not, you'll have to wait a week.

Weird list of pokemon though it definitely points to Gen IV remakes considering last gen had gen 1/3/6 starters easily available and this is giving out gens 2 and 5.

Glad I can get Leavanny, Scolipede, Chandelure and Togekiss now too.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Blaziken386 posted:

I mean, I'm glad that I got the version with pink
but why would they gate fashion behind version exclusivity
why, gamefreak

Yeah I love the Sun exclusives but locking my favorite Blues to another version is just cruel.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Remember, you can get the other version colors through Festival Plaza. You can dye anything white into any other color.

It just takes 100 points and a fuckton of berries if you want to do a color you don't have a shop for.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

corn on the cop posted:

So how rare is Feebas? I've been soft resetting on these rare spots for a while with no luck.

It's 5% chance to appear in a ripple spot, if a Pokémon actually bites the hook that is

Also I don't know where your fishing, but make sure it's not the last room of the brook, where you fought the totem, because I learned the tedious way that it doesn't show up there...

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

anybody know where to find a Magmarizer? I feel that it'll probably be on the fourth island or something

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Blaziken386 posted:

Use the QR scanner in the menu 10 times, then press the button. Only works once a day, and only generates specific pokes.
Here is a list of a poo poo ton of different QR codes, and here has a list of what pokemon appears depending on what day it is or what island you're on.
Assuming you live in california, you've got about an hour to get a cyndaquil. If not, you'll have to wait a week.

You're very kind, thank you so much. I'm naming my Cyndaquil after you.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

El Burbo posted:

Also I don't know where your fishing, but make sure it's not the last room of the brook...

-____-

thanks bud

Nemo07
Jul 26, 2013
Someone explain to me why Marowak learns all his cool/good moves earlier than is possible to get them by evolving a Cubone.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Nemo07 posted:

Someone explain to me why Marowak learns all his cool/good moves earlier than is possible to get them by evolving a Cubone.

Gamefreak

Also it has a weird gap in physical fire moves between Flame Wheel and Flare Blitz. At least let it get Fire Punch, its been a Cubone/Marowak tutor move forever :psyduck:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Blaziken386 posted:

It's worth noting that you don't need to use the QR codes from the game. Any QR code will produce a random pokedex entry.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Ratoslov posted:

It's worth noting that you don't need to use the QR codes from the game. Any QR code will produce a random pokedex entry.

I think not all QR codes work? I tried using Etrian Odyssey's Guild Card QRs and they gave me nothing. Might have to do with their size. Most of the ones I got from googling 'QR code' works though :v:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Time to brag and make everyone hate me: The very first Pokemon I fished up was a Feebas. I'm not even joking. First Pokemon I caught (and encountered, not counting the one trainer''s Tentacool I fought) in the Brooklet Hill after reentering and everything. I wonder how much luck that burned.

Also wow, Gladion is an edgelord. Give me your Type: Null you weirdo, I want it.

Edit: Also Dartrix with Razor Leaf made the Water Trial a cakewalk, jeez. That was nothing, apart from me switching him out for a moment to clear Soak and my Cutiefly getting OHKO'd by a Water Gun, before Dartrix went back in and cleaned up.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Nov 21, 2016

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

I saw a couple on that first area where you get surf, I think. Or was it the little ocean bit a ways off? It was one of the first fish I caught, I figured it wasn't rare in this one because back in the day you had to do some hosed up poo poo to find one.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Zore posted:

Remember, you can get the other version colors through Festival Plaza. You can dye anything white into any other color.

It just takes 100 points and a fuckton of berries if you want to do a color you don't have a shop for.

Yeah I didn't know colors were version exclusive until just now but dye shops definitely exist, it's good to have friends you can bug to move them to their first slot so you can share facilities.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I yearn for the time before I knew about this 1% Bagon

Haven't even gotten to the second trial yet and the two that have been around since the beginning (Brionne and Snorlax) are almost to 30. Swapped them out for new mons while I hunt for it to keep things somewhat reasonable

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think I just beat the final boss? Does that count?

I lost my poo poo at Lusablob. Like holy hell the build up to it only for her to dangle out a tiny lil' ultra ball just killed me. Also was it me or did all of her pokemon have new smug as all hell expressions?

I want more weird poo poo like this pokemon give it to me.

spotlessd
Sep 8, 2016

by merry exmarx

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Haven't even gotten to the second trial yet and the two that have been around since the beginning (Brionne and Snorlax) are almost to 30. Swapped them out for new mons while I hunt for it to keep things somewhat reasonable

I'm gonna throw up. I reset my game to pick a different starter on the first day and I found this guy on my other save. No idea it was that rare.

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!
Got the game Thursday night, took me 40 hours to beat the story, the longest of any Pokemon game I've played. I'm happy with, well, everything. Final team I organized and stuck with as soon as I finished the ghost trial was Mimikyu, Minior, Ribombee, Togedemaru, Pyukumuku, and Bewear. Who needs Flamethrower or Ice Beam with this flawlessly balanced team?! Not me!

Neeksy posted:

Has anyone figured out how to make pyukumuku viable or am I gonna be stuck loving the design and concept but never able to have on team?

Pyukumuku became a permanent member of my in-game team from the moment I got it. Moveset it ended up with was Taunt/Counter/Recover/Toxic, though early on it was mostly just the first two to kill things. I think it died just once, but it had most of its HP when it did. :haw: Protect probably could've gone over Taunt, but it was fine for the story. Otherwise I guess it'd just Taunt bait in competitive singles or whatever. :shrug:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
regular pokeballs suck. dumbass red health paralyzing carbink WONT GET IN

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

spotlessd posted:

I'm gonna throw up. I reset my game to pick a different starter on the first day and I found this guy on my other save. No idea it was that rare.

I would too. This thing does not exist for me. Between this and Umbreon, I've had better luck in Monster Hunter.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

So, Bagon's Pokedex entry mentions it likes to jump off cliffs. There's a patch of grass at the bottom of the cliff that you can get to by going through the cave to the bay.

I spent an hour at the top looking, then went down to the lower grass and the first thing to spawn was a Bagon.

Maybe coincidence, or maybe the odds are better down there.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

TVs Ian posted:

So, Bagon's Pokedex entry mentions it likes to jump off cliffs. There's a patch of grass at the bottom of the cliff that you can get to by going through the cave to the bay.

I spent an hour at the top looking, then went down to the lower grass and the first thing to spawn was a Bagon.

Maybe coincidence, or maybe the odds are better down there.

I've been through the cave but it only leads to the little patch of land. I'm guessing you need Surf to get to those grass patches? But yeah according to Serebii the chance is much higher there. I'm just obnoxious and want him now. :( I do appreciate the tip though!

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I played for two hours last night and fell asleep without saving, RIP all the cool mons I caught.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Are there any good held items on wild Pokémon to look out for? I've already snagged a Black Sludge from Grimer and a Leftovers from Munchlax. Protip for new players: the ability "Compound Eyes" makes wild Pokémon more likely to have items.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

GonSmithe posted:

I played for two hours last night and fell asleep without saving, RIP all the cool mons I caught.

Why did you turn the 3DS off? :confused:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

TaurusOxford posted:

Why did you turn the 3DS off? :confused:

It died

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Chill Penguin posted:

Are there any good held items on wild Pokémon to look out for? I've already snagged a Black Sludge from Grimer and a Leftovers from Munchlax. Protip for new players: the ability "Compound Eyes" makes wild Pokémon more likely to have items.

Where are these wild Munchlaxes?

I got a couple Sharp Beaks off of the Spearows I've caught. Not exactly useful though.

EDIT: Ah, the blocked off part of Route 1. I didn't check there much. This game is so big!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh poo poo, Scald TM is on Brooklet Hill? I missed it, where exactly is it?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Your Computer posted:

Can a Masuda Method master help me out here?

I have a Japanese 3ds with a Japanese digital copy of Pokémon Moon, with the in-game language set to English. What language/country Pokémon (or Ditto) am I looking for?

I've seen some people claim it's based on language (in which case I guess I should look for Japanese, German, Korean, etc. Pokémon) while others claim it's bound to the game cart (of which I have none, but I assume this means it will work if I get an American Pokémon) but I can't find any examples of my exact case. I want to breed a whole bunch of Pokémon so I figured I might as well increase my chances at shinies while doing it :v:

it's based on the languages of the two pokemon that are breeding.

Given pokemon A which originated in a savegame being played in language 1, and pokemon B which originated in a savegame being played in language 2, if you breed A with B then you are benefiting from the Masuda method if and only if languages 1 and 2 are different.

The language of your savegame does not matter except inasmuch as it will often be the case that one of the mons originated in your savegame.

I don't know whether/how Sun/Moon indicates language, but it's probably similar to XY/ORAS in that if you go to the mon's status screen it will have a thing in the corner saying what language it is (e.g. "JPN" or "FRA"), unless it's from a savegame being played in the same language as you are using in which case there won't be anything there.

I think the Masuda/Pokedex language-flagging stuff is one reason why they don't allow you to change the language you're playing in after you start the game.

I'm curious as to whether we can collect Chinese language pokedex entries now...

RIP

Hammerite fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Nov 21, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"This, my darling, is a device. A device many men and many women have died to see, to understand, and to own. In many ways it is like one of your toys, but a toy for adults. This, darling, is The Zygarde Cube."

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Team skull is excellent and Tsareena is my friend thank you

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

loquacius posted:

"This, my darling, is a device. A device many men and many women have died to see, to understand, and to own. In many ways it is like one of your toys, but a toy for adults. This, darling, is The Zygarde Cube."

imagine four pokeballs on the edge of a cliff, etc etc

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Alolan rattata had the cutest reaction to belly rubs

My big horse friend Muddy is a beast even if he has the wrong ability and this is the first time I use a ground type as a full time member. Unfortunately I'm going to have to shore up some weaknesses on my team because I have nothing against water and fighting. Ninetales should help against fighting at least, soon

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

mabels big day posted:

For serious? Goddammit, I want to wear Green, Blue, Purple and Grey. Those are like "my colours". Am I really stuck with only wearing pink and black for the whole game?

Edit: Oh, I guess I can still dye things those colours? Good.

Nessa fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Nov 21, 2016

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

How? finished the UB Missions and got paid, didn't look very hard but i can't find that portal people mentioned to get the other UBs, or that second cosmog?

With Lunala in your party, go to the place you caught it and there will be a portal to Sun world. Then go to lake of the Moone and you'll get a second cosmog. Level it up to LV52 (it will evolve once) and trade it over to a Sun copy with a rare candy. Much easier than playing through another 20 hours.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

The Golden Gael posted:

Anyone know how long you're booted from trading if you're interrupted? My game gave me an error as I was going to trade for a Litten on GTS and now I can't get back on.

This is still going on by the way, it's been 8 hours. I think fixing my clock for DST finally may have been part of the cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Eurotrash; are quick balls still the unstopable force of capturing nature they were in XY?