Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea post-9/11 Cap unmasked himself as a show of being for America rather than glory and poo poo. One of the few 9/11 Marvel things that was actually pretty solid. Did that come with him making his big "America doesn't know what it is right now" speech or was that a Civil War thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea post-9/11 Cap unmasked himself as a show of being for America rather than glory and poo poo. One of the few 9/11 Marvel things that was actually pretty solid. Did that come with him making his big "America doesn't know what it is right now" speech or was that a Civil War thing?

Post it?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

Captain America 296

can't believe Captain America just admitted to being one of the vile Bernie Bros....... smdh

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
I have no idea what the significance of those Bucky panels is.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I'm pretty sure Bucky was still dead at that point, so it's contrasting the loss of one friend with what Cap fears is the loss of another. But don't quote me or anything, I haven't read the source material in full.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The dude just has a crush on Bucky.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He didn't want America being blamed for killing the terrorist, because the terrorists guys whole thing was about punishing Americans for the countries involvement in foreign affairs. "America didn't kill him. I did."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lurdiak posted:

The dude just has a crush on Bucky.

Funny enough they gave Bucky Arnie's backstory in the movie

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

bobkatt013 posted:

Funny enough they gave Bucky Arnie's backstory in the movie

Basically all they kept of comics-Bucky is the name, branch of service, and that he died in the war. Seriously. Movie-Bucky looks like, has the backstory of, is the age of, and in all other respects IS Arnie Roth.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Test Pattern posted:

Basically all they kept of comics-Bucky is the name, branch of service, and that he died in the war. Seriously. Movie-Bucky looks like, has the backstory of, is the age of, and in all other respects IS Arnie Roth.

Gay. :kimchi:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Test Pattern posted:

At least until he became Winter Soldier

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
This might be better off in a cool art thread, but I found it emotional too so here we go. Old Man Logan 13.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Sorrentino has been killing it with the two pages spreads this arc

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want OML to run 100 issue with this team.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
from Tom Scioli's Super Powers backup strip in Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye #2

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Pretty much all of March deserves to be posted here, but the fact that it won a National Book Award touches me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A13Ym08XomA

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I recall a page I saw with Groot where, for reasons I do not understand, he reflected on all of the great moments in Marvel history. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can they point me toward the panels?

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

drrockso20 posted:

At least until he became Winter Soldier

Yeah. So, in fact, the full quote is "Who's Bucky? I'm Arnie, Steve. Goysiche kopf forgetting your best friend?"

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

SonicRulez posted:

I recall a page I saw with Groot where, for reasons I do not understand, he reflected on all of the great moments in Marvel history. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can they point me toward the panels?

Maybe Groot#4 where the alien asks him if the universe is worth saving?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Groot #4 is correct.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
His adorable little thumbs up :3:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Elfface posted:

Groot #4 is correct.

Not how I remembered it, but still really sweet and good.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Elfface posted:

Groot #4 is correct.

It's a good moment, but I can't help but see this as Marvel shamelessly patting themselves on the back for their progressiveness. How the hell does he even know Northstar?

This, however, is pure wonder.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

This is the best thing I've ever seen.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's a goddamn shame that the Groot series by Loveness and Kesinger didn't run for longer than six issues. It was such a fun book.

X-O posted:

This is more than I generally like to see posted from one book in these panel threads, but this is the very definition of this thread.

From Groot #6, Groot has sought out Jean Grey to help him find someone on Earth with her psychic powers and is recounting this story to her.

Jean locates the person for a reunion.

X-O fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 19, 2016

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Have they ever explained why he still says "I am Groot" instead of normal words like he used to?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gologle posted:

Have they ever explained why he still says "I am Groot" instead of normal words like he used to?

At first it was brain damage from being burned and regrowing himself, but they retconned so that's just how is species is now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

At first it was brain damage from being burned and regrowing himself, but they retconned so that's just how is species is now.

Bendis.txt

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

WickedHate posted:

I actually like that retcon. In detail: Groot's species have a rich and complex language, but for some reason the human ear can only interpret anything said in it as "I am Groot". The whole emphasis switched from Groot having an imperfect brain to humans having the imperfect brains.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Ideally, he never would have been stuck saying only the one sentence in the first place.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

WickedHate posted:

Ideally, he never would have been stuck saying only the one sentence in the first place.

It was funnier when Abnett and Lanning did it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Except that story explicitly reconnects back to the old Tales to Astonish type stuff, where the Groot that invaded Earth (with the horn shaped branches on his head) could talk quite eloquently. I'm just glad they remembered it in the story, that's good enough for me.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Did the whole I am Groot thing precede the GotG movie? Or did it come from that?

Also I forget exactly what iconic page that baby groot page is parodying. I want to say something with Wolverine?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Calaveron posted:

Did the whole I am Groot thing precede the GotG movie? Or did it come from that?

Also I forget exactly what iconic page that baby groot page is parodying. I want to say something with Wolverine?

Uncanny X-men 132

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Calaveron posted:

It predates the movie. I want to say it's from Annihilation: Conquest.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Groot's introduced in Conquest in full size, and fully articulate, is burnt to a twig which whispers unintelligibly, growing over size over the following issues except all he's saying is I am Groot.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Calaveron posted:

There's a difference between parody and homage.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Found on Imgur's front page. No idea on issue sorry

It is just pure :3::sparkles::allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That's from the recent WW 75th anniversary special.