Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.

Knifegrab posted:

If you play games outside of attrition, or bounty hunt you can end up having trouble finding games but thats been true of every CoD-like game on PC for the last five years. The community is relatively healthy and active all things considered, complaints about "daed gaem" are more self-fulfilling than the games pop.

Yeah in the two weeks I've owned the game the general amount of people in MP as shown on the first MP screen hasn't really fallen at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Exposure posted:

Hm? The current sale (-33% off) plus the TITAN20 promo should make a standard edition purchase about $44CAD excluding any relevant tax.

On origin? Can I do this for PS4 or only pc?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Knifegrab posted:

If you play games outside of attrition, or bounty hunt you can end up having trouble finding games but thats been true of every CoD-like game on PC for the last five years. The community is relatively healthy and active all things considered, complaints about "daed gaem" are more self-fulfilling than the games pop.
Plus I mean attrition is the best game mode anyway

It's mind boggling that it was never meant to be in this game in the first place and I'm glad they listened to everyone complaining and added it

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

FiestaNinja posted:

Yeah in the two weeks I've owned the game the general amount of people in MP as shown on the first MP screen hasn't really fallen at all.

It should be growing but not falling in the face of Call of Doot Doot, Battlefield, and an Overwatch character ACTIVISIONblizzard held back for months specifically to compete with this holiday shooter season is doing pretty good.

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

That's true, while the population staying static isn't necessarily a great sign it could be a lot worse considering the circumstances.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Tried this game.

finished the campaing and had a few mp games.

My 2 words review: flaggerghasted lollygagging.
My 3 words review: BFOne is better.
My 4 words review would be: Very much like Section8.

The MP gameplay is not varied enough, you are doing the same role all the time.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Tei posted:

The MP gameplay is not varied enough
i respect your right to an opinion but this is just straight-up Wrong

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

i think its a markov chain posting bot, its perfectly describing bf1 and cod

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

the game's £20 this week in the UK, please tell your friends to get on it

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

His name is Head. Dick Head.
There's not much that is more satisfying than a Tone goose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm3w2MXQDug

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Cat Machine posted:

Maybe.

Another problem I have with the game is how horrible busy are the maps. I had the same problem with Section 8 because the characters move very fast in a very large map, the characters are detailed and bright in a enviroment that is detailed and bright. Is somewhat like playing a "Wheres waldo" in motion. Where Waldo is tryiing to kill you.

I had a lot of fun playing the mechs in the campaing, so much that I see myself playing in some mode against npc mechs or something like that, could be fun.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Elysiume posted:

Really? I've rarely seen camping. Console or PC?

Xbone. Pretty much everyone rolls with cloak and an assault rifle. I see the stuff you all post of the PC version and dudes are flying around the map. Maps here are like a ghost town until someone gets flushed out of a camping position and makes a mad dash for the next rooftop. Titans start popping out about halfway through the match. There's like two people in the game packing an anti-titan weapon. I was never a cod guy but I'm guessing this is how you play cod.

A lot of it is probably just the focus on the scoreboard at the end. Pulling batteries, sticking batteries into your team, and lasering off half a titan's health doesn't get you anything.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Tei posted:

Maybe.

Another problem I have with the game is how horrible busy are the maps. I had the same problem with Section 8 because the characters move very fast in a very large map, the characters are detailed and bright in a enviroment that is detailed and bright. Is somewhat like playing a "Wheres waldo" in motion. Where Waldo is tryiing to kill you.

I had a lot of fun playing the mechs in the campaing, so much that I see myself playing in some mode against npc mechs or something like that, could be fun.

Just shoot at the red glowing guys and you'll be fine.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Also, in principle, your opponents should have just as hard a time finding and killing you as you're having finding and killing them. And if that's not the case, the game isn't the problem.

And you're not doing the same role all the time, what the gently caress.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Mailer posted:

A lot of it is probably just the focus on the scoreboard at the end. Pulling batteries, sticking batteries into your team, and lasering off half a titan's health doesn't get you anything.
Picking up a battery gets you 33% of your Titan meter. Putting a battery in a Titan gets you another 66%. The game is rewarding you, albeit indirectly.

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Black Griffon posted:

And you're not doing the same role all the time, what the gently caress.

Exactly, changing role is as simple as changing weapon and then that doesn't lock you in to a set of 'you can only take guns X, B or Q as the Titan-Tickler class' options. That's leaving out all the variation you can get from the different tactical abilities as well.

Use the EPG and suddenly the game becomes Tribes.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Had a pilot refuse to put a battery in last night. He even hopped on and then off right before installing it, faking me out. After the match he messaged me "lol".

...well...ok...

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Insert name here posted:

Plus I mean attrition is the best game mode anyway

It's mind boggling that it was never meant to be in this game in the first place and I'm glad they listened to everyone complaining and added it

Until they add AI bots to other game modes I'm literally never going to play anything but Attrition. Bring back classic Hardpoint please.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
I think they need to give grunt finder to everyone in attrition. It's way too empty.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
are there any voice chat buttons on console? Like how you can say thanks in Overwatch?

would like to say thanks when someone puts in a battery :/

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Moola posted:

are there any voice chat buttons on console? Like how you can say thanks in Overwatch?

would like to say thanks when someone puts in a battery :/

no

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
laaaaaaaaaaaame

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Knifegrab posted:

If you play games outside of attrition, or bounty hunt you can end up having trouble finding games but thats been true of every CoD-like game on PC for the last five years.

Not two weeks out from release. My concern is that it's only going to get worse from here the question is now long it takes before it's totally barren.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Are there any bots?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Moola posted:

laaaaaaaaaaaame

You do know that you can speak into the microphone bitch

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

SelenicMartian posted:

Are there any bots?

Oh yea

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ethanol posted:

You do know that you can speak into the microphone bitch

first of all, bitch, I dont wanna do that

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Tei posted:

*sits behind A-Wall holding an amped hardpoint as a teammate with an smg zooms past on Stim*

*turns, looks at the camera like Ferris Bueller*

we're both doing the same thing folks

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
it's super good that Tone's cannon shots are better at killing pilots than Ion's two-charge laser blasts. Also, I got into a CTF match through Mixtape and gently caress that's a fun mode. Literally 0 people queuing for it separately, though.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Tei posted:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

brb gonna make a stealth build and blow up some metal gears

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Hackan Slash posted:

I think they need to give grunt finder to everyone in attrition. It's way too empty.

Just look at the compass. Almost all the time it's going to show the direction where the AI is spawning. It's usually on the side of the map your team isn't on.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Mailer posted:

Xbone. Pretty much everyone rolls with cloak and an assault rifle. I see the stuff you all post of the PC version and dudes are flying around the map. Maps here are like a ghost town until someone gets flushed out of a camping position and makes a mad dash for the next rooftop. Titans start popping out about halfway through the match. There's like two people in the game packing an anti-titan weapon. I was never a cod guy but I'm guessing this is how you play cod.

Yeah, I can see camping being more effective on console, where the ability to flickshot/maneuver is more limited, which makes it harder to flush people out. PC has a pretty healthy mix of abilities, with stim/cloak/grapple/phase leading awall/holo.

In theory people would realize that stealing a battery and giving it to an ally straight up gets your titan which gets you a way higher score, but actually getting people to play objectives has always been a problem in shooters.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Your role is only as stagnant as you let your loadouts be. Sure you can fast plow to your first regen with just the Hemlock, but there are so many other great guns too. Not wrong about how busy everything is though. My group ribs me for hating Bounty Hunt but you can only do a dope wallslide headshot into Grunt and Spectre before getting killed by a camping player so many times.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

^burtle posted:

Your role is only as stagnant as you let your loadouts be. Sure you can fast plow to your first regen with just the Hemlock, but there are so many other great guns too. Not wrong about how busy everything is though. My group ribs me for hating Bounty Hunt but you can only do a dope wallslide headshot into Grunt and Spectre before getting killed by a camping player so many times.

Pro tip: kill the camping player with a wall slide headshot first.

You'll come around to Bounty Hunt burto, I just know it. I didn't like it as much at first, but now I quite enjoy it. What time we playing tonight? (Other PS4 goon are welcome as well!)

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2O7wbZImKM

Wait did I kill everybody

Low bitrate video is not kind to this game.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Hackan Slash posted:

Stop telling everyone about my dating app

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I almost exclusively play amped hardpoint :toot:

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

SpazmasterX posted:

I almost exclusively play amped hardpoint :toot:

My favorite mode is 8v8, because I'm a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009
My heart thrills every time I see a regular from the Destiny thread (which I'm now behind on by almost 2000 posts) show up here to sing the praises of TF2, and Tei should've been the crown jewel of this process but he doesn't even like the game at all?! I finally know how his roommate's dead hamster felt in its final moments.