Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Yeah, it is. The mess that results destroys the property, especially with cats and the like.

Howard pays people to mount TVs. I'm sure he's capable of hiring professional cleaners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
There's no way germ freak Howard doesn't have that place like steam cleaned twice a week, I'm sure it's fine.

And no, you certainly can't be sure that Beth is going crazy cat lady as a replacement for not having children but it sure looks like a textbook case. People use pets as human substitutes all the time. Widowers might adopt something to keep them company, a couple that's miscarried might adopt as a baby substitute (especially a puppy or kitten, something they can rear). Beth diving headfirst into fostering cats as a replacement for coming to terms with children not being a part of her life isn't a stretch at all. It doesn't mean that's necessarily the case but it does make sense. Usually people that are that mothering are well, mothers, unless they're in a circumstance that doesn't allow them to do so. I mean that's what this is, too, it's not just a simple adoption or two because she loves cats this is full on hardcore fostering. That woman has a lot of love and attention to give and she needed someone or something to direct all that towards.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 21, 2016

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Yeah, it is. The mess that results destroys the property, especially with cats and the like.

Dude they are millionaires hundreds of times over. Do you think there isn't a staff that maintains that stuff?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Moniker posted:

I know it's popular to hate Beth but is it really hoarding if you've got actual mansions? I mean they could have an actual zoo and still have room for the bowling alley and swimming pools at their homes, so is it really that big of a deal?

Agreed, "hoarding" is when you have insufficient space and/or money to properly care for the animals.

If I had multiple mansions, I'd have 1 dog and 2-4 cats at each place, along with a staff to care for them.

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Also, the Beth and her highschool principal story. She is a loon.

No, she isn't a loon, she is just completely oblivious to the utterly charmed life that she has led. Stern makes the same point whenever he brings up that story.

Hell, Howard has tried to explain his fascination with that story to her, and she totally doesn't get it.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I feel like that principal should be in jail. I'm not saying he ever did anything illegal with Beth but.............it seems like he should be in jail.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I want you to go to jail, Sour.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Bonzo posted:

Ohhhhhhhhhh

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Bonzo posted:

"But... but that IS Sour Shoes' voice, Steve, you're not getting that."

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I was made for loving Steve Langford!!!!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Steve Langford's got a big huge cock, I want it IN MY MOUTH, whoa-oa...

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Are your parents there?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Did they ever find sour shoes

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Sand Monster posted:

Are your parents there?

Steve, I'm really busy right now, let me call you right back

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bonzo posted:

I WAS MADE FOR LOVING STEVE LANGFORD

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
SeriouslyInsecure.png

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

an adult beverage posted:

I haven't heard that one, that's amazing. I love how clueless the host is

"when my dad taught me to pump off."

"okay! buhbye!"

That really might be my favorite Richard and Sal segment. The Rockingham county Circle Jerk being cancelled and Sal saying "there's nothing like some warm jizz on a cool winter's day" make me lol everytime

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Crotch Bat posted:

SeriouslyInsecure.png

Her or him? They're both abysmal people but why is her 1" stripper heel lift okay and his terrible

Okay, never mind

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Or the beanie he wears at the beach because he's insecure about his hair.

Lifts are funny because they serve exactly one purpose. Heels exist for more than making a woman taller.

I'd laugh at someone wearing lifts just like I would someone stuffing a sock in their pants. Men's vanity is funny. Ronnie dying his beard is another example.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 22, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I dislike Benjy and everything / everyone directly involved with (just) him.

:colbert:

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

Or the beanie he wears at the beach because he's insecure about his hair.

Lifts are funny because they serve exactly one purpose. Heels exist for more than making a woman taller.

I'd laugh at someone wearing lifts just like I would someone stuffing a sock in their pants. Men's vanity is funny. Ronnie dying his beard is another example.

Heels pretty much only exist to make someone more attractive. Just like lifts.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Those look loving silly on him. I can't imagine taking him seriously in any way.

Crotch Bat posted:

Yup.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Moniker posted:

Um, no... yes, tall is attractive in a man, but height is WAY more then just "attractive". It's no coincidence that the average height of a CEO in the USA is like 6'1"

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I dislike Benjy and everything / everyone directly involved with (just) him.

:colbert:

Agreed. I'm not getting sucked into the Benjy vortex this morning. Preferably any other morning either.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Squashy Nipples posted:

Um, no... yes, tall is attractive in a man, but height is WAY more then just "attractive". It's no coincidence that the average height of a CEO in the USA is like 6'1"

So what you're saying is tall is attractive. Okay.

Edit:

"What do you look for in a guy?"
"Someone who is tall, dark, and handsome"

Moniker fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Nov 22, 2016

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Squashy Nipples posted:

Attractiveness in general is also correlated with higher salary and more promotions.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Moniker posted:

Yes but they accomplish a variety of things that make women look more attractive beyond "make them tall". They make their legs look nicer, they make their rear end look nicer, they compliment an outfit. Like those are all reasons I like a girl wearing heels, I actually hate the fact they make them taller because I like short, fun-sized girls.

That's all beside the point. He looks retarded wearing them like that. If he had on pants you'd be less likely to notice but they stick out so bad because he has on shorts and they're obviously cheap lifts. It looks like he took 2 pairs of shoes, cut a pair in half with a table saw and glued them to the bottom of the other pair. Also he's wearing summer clothes at the beach and can't be without a hat because he can't come to grips with his hair or lack thereof.

Argue whatever, he looks hilariously insecure in that picture and that's funny to me. It speaks to why he did all that wacky bullshit when he was with her like wearing the wigs and putting on makeup because he was so insecure about his ability to keep her as a girlfriend he basically did whatever she wanted. Howard was dead on about all that stuff. Look, if you want to throw on a hat and lifts to try and win a girl over then whatever but by the time you've been dating for awhile you should be able to drop the bullshit and let her accept you for what you are in reality and he couldn't stomach doing that.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Nov 22, 2016

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Moniker posted:

Dude they are millionaires hundreds of times over. Do you think there isn't a staff that maintains that stuff?

I'm sure there is. But when he sells the place he's going to have it get it professionally cleaned. Cats get everywhere.

Crotch Bat posted:

SeriouslyInsecure.png

Crotch Bat posted:

Yes but they accomplish a variety of things that make women look more attractive beyond "make them tall". They make their legs look nicer, they make their rear end look nicer, they compliment an outfit. Like those are all reasons I like a girl wearing heels, I actually hate the fact they make them taller because I like short, fun-sized girls.

That's all beside the point. He looks retarded wearing them like that. If he had on pants you'd be less likely to notice but they stick out so bad because he has on shorts and they're obviously cheap lifts. It looks like he took 2 pairs of shoes, cut a pair in half with a table saw and glued them to the bottom of the other pair. Also he's wearing summer clothes at the beach and can't be without a hat because he can't come to grips with his hair or lack thereof.

Argue whatever, he looks hilariously insecure in that picture and that's funny to me. It speaks to why he did all that wacky bullshit when he was with her like wearing the wigs and putting on makeup because he was so insecure about his ability to keep her as a girlfriend he basically did whatever she wanted. Howard was dead on about all that stuff. Look, if you want to throw on a hat and lifts to try and win a girl over then whatever but by the time you've been dating for awhile you should be able to drop the bullshit and let her accept you for what you are in reality and he couldn't stomach doing that.

You're dead on about the lifts: they seriously look glued on from other pairs of shoes. You can even see the loving seam where someone glued them onto normal shoes. Also, how tall are they? I want to say maybe five inches, but I'm trying to see them in comparison with the heels but with the angle it makes it slightly difficult.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I'd guess closer to 3 inches. It's far too much, even for lifts. Most well done lifts you see (like what Tom Cruise has been spotted in) are about half that, usually just an extra inch or so. You usually don't see sneaker lifts, they're usually put on boots or wing tips where you've got a pant leg obscuring it better and because those shoes naturally have a little lift in the design anyway so squeezing in a bit more is easier to do.

I watch a lot of Japanese variety TV and you can spot the sneaker lifts there as sneakers are more fashionable there and worn more often on TV even by entertainers but that's like a nation of people with insecurities about their height so that's a whole other thing.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

You all fell into Benjy's trap. You're giving him attention. That's the only reason he does these things.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sand Monster posted:

You all fell into Benjy's trap. You're giving him attention. That's the only reason he does these things.

I wish I could find the recording of the time Benjy dressed up in a dashiki and kufi and then tried to act like it was completely normal. It might have been the first time he was on the air, and he was superb at being frustrating as hell.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

prefect posted:

I wish I could find the recording of the time Benjy dressed up in a dashiki and kufi and then tried to act like it was completely normal. It might have been the first time he was on the air, and he was superb at being frustrating as hell.

This just came up in my recommended feed yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODpqj3Bv1tY

No idea why the title includes Artie, I suspect that poster just messes with the titles to get more views.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

POCKET CHOMP posted:

This just came up in my recommended feed yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODpqj3Bv1tY

No idea why the title includes Artie, I suspect that poster just messes with the titles to get more views.

:newlol: Thank you! I love this one.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

WARNING VORTEX ALERT!!!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
MAY DAY!! MAY DAY!! WE"RE ON FIYA!!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Every time Benjy makes the tongue-click noise in that video, I want to throttle him. Even Wikipedia thinks he's being a douche:

The ǃKung, also spelled ǃXun, are a San people living in the Kalahari Desert in Namibia, Botswana and in Angola.[1] They speak the !Kung language, noted for its extensive use of click consonants. The "!K" in the name "ǃKung" is a click that sounds something like a cork pulled from a bottle. However, the click is generally ignored in English, where the name is pronounced "Kung".

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

Arrrrgh! You are so correct that it hurts.

Best thing is to just ignore the guy.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Moniker posted:

Lmao this guy wears lifts and rationalizes it online

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

I'd guess closer to 3 inches. It's far too much, even for lifts. Most well done lifts you see (like what Tom Cruise has been spotted in) are about half that, usually just an extra inch or so. You usually don't see sneaker lifts, they're usually put on boots or wing tips where you've got a pant leg obscuring it better and because those shoes naturally have a little lift in the design anyway so squeezing in a bit more is easier to do.

I watch a lot of Japanese variety TV and you can spot the sneaker lifts there as sneakers are more fashionable there and worn more often on TV even by entertainers but that's like a nation of people with insecurities about their height so that's a whole other thing.

Yeah, they really look like Earth Shoes that got out of hand.

Sand Monster posted:

If he can take people laughing at him until they turn blue as favorable attention, then good luck to him. Because that just adds to the pathetic sandwich that is Benjy Bronk.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Women in flat shoes should be arrested and put into prison, unless they're wearing running shoes and working out. Heels exist because even Jizz-ell Boondchin looks dumpy and cankleridden in flat shoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Speaking of the vortex, has Benjy been let back into the studio yet?