Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Supercar Gautier posted:

Theres an insect monster in the new pokemon thats a lady and she turns all the boy pokemon straight and all the girl pokemon gay.

youre right. what a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

Oh OK. Why was Lemming saying that like it was a bad thing?

Are you a real person?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

youcallthatatwist posted:

Very, very true

Are there any cute bears in video games??? Like at all?? I can't think of any of the top of my head

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

Or how Samus has been getting progressively more busty since Metroid Prime 2.

That reminds me. Has Samus been getting shorter?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah, pretty sure she used to be like six-foot-two or something and then Other M happened.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Pretty much yes.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Short unbuff Samus is a crime :smith:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

MadHat posted:

Pretty much yes.

Lame. It's like Nintendo has no loving clue how awesome Samus is.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Lame. It's like Nintendo has no loving clue how awesome Samus is.

Mostly Yoshio Sakamoto. He wanted a demure weak waifu who was cripplingly afraid of the giant lizard she'd already murdered a half-dozen times prior.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

s.i.r.e. posted:

When sex doesn't really fit into the theme of things; imagine Princess Peach having massive loving tits just for the sake of having them in the next Mario game. Or how Samus has been getting progressively more busty since Metroid Prime 2.

Her other M model was actually less busty than previously. I measured very carefully.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

samus saves the metroid in metroid one because it reminds her of a baby and gives her a mothering instinct?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Metroid 2.

The reason she is now Norman human sized is probably because it's easy to say a character is super tall when there's no other human characters around, but I've you actually have other humans she's interacting with it probably looked weird as gently caress. Or they just forgot what it said in some old instruction manual. Probably the latter.

In other M they basically redesigned her from scratch. While the entire game bleeds sexism towards her(almost deliberately, as though sexism is the primary antagonist), her model is actually far less sexualized than the Prime 2, 3, and Smash models

greatn fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Nov 21, 2016

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i blame japan fearing a women's rights resurgence for other m

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
My favorite Samus is when Bayonetta wears the Samus costume

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

MadHat posted:

Pretty much yes.

Where does Little Mac factor in on this height chart?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Where does Little Mac factor in on this height chart?

I'm 6'4

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

nintendo get your poo poo together and maybe bother to upscale and remaster Punch-Out Wii instead of Xenoblade Horrible Edition

or better yet, an HD sequel to 2014's GOTY: Rusty' Real Deal.

Real Deal Redemption, 2017

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Supercar Gautier posted:

Look maybe your sense of "too horny" is calibrated differently than mine, but to me this is objectively "you're too horny, log off"

A better example would've been the thong alien whose intro cutscene features long lingering shots of her rear end.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nintendo should make a Punch Out where Samus is the final boxer.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

MinibarMatchman posted:

nintendo get your poo poo together and maybe bother to upscale and remaster Punch-Out Wii instead of Xenoblade Horrible Edition

or better yet, an HD sequel to 2014's GOTY: Rusty' Real Deal.

Real Deal Redemption, 2017

I know there's some people out there who despite the last Punch-Out!! being pretty awesome and almost every entry in the series bar the arcade versions available to purchase, that Punch-Out as a series no longer exists if Mike Tyson isn't a part of it.

Like they included Punch-Out in that NES Mini? It was the inferior Mr Dream version so it doesn't count.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I know there's some people out there who despite the last Punch-Out!! being pretty awesome and almost every entry in the series bar the arcade versions available to purchase, that Punch-Out as a series no longer exists if Mike Tyson isn't a part of it.

Like they included Punch-Out in that NES Mini? It was the inferior Mr Dream version so it doesn't count.

Sandman in the new game is by all means a much cooler Mike Tyson analogue and is just as loving scary

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Sandman is a hell of a lot cooler than Nick and Rick Bruiser, that's for sure.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Nintendo Switch: you're too horny, log off

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Supercar Gautier posted:

I will spend my days warning Switch buyers against purchasing XCX.

:same:

Exploring was nice and the combat was ok for a bit, but literally everything else about the game was dogshit.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

As someone who ended up strongly disliking XCX, I will say the actual combat is really good. You can customize your character's movesets to be a whirlwind of synergized abilities, with a reasonable moment-to-moment choice of using an ability for its own effects or to answer an ally's callout. It's just that everything else in the game is really sloppy that makes it a slow and increasingly unfun experience. Also a while into the game you get your robot suit, which looks cool but throws the original cool combat system out the window in exchange for a watered down version.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

katkillad2 posted:

:same:

Exploring was nice and the combat was ok for a bit, but literally everything else about the game was dogshit.

when people said it was the best open world they've ever experienced I thought it was insanity. there was nothing to explore or discover beyond more high level enemies you couldn't kill until 30 hours later. The game seemed to be a test for how hard they could push the absolute lowest tier characters and story against a better Xenoblade combat system and guess what, turns out it sucks.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Thanks to whoever Nintendo Switched the thread title

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dr Cheeto posted:

I love to change thread titles :)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Dr Cheeto posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tender Bender posted:

As someone who ended up strongly disliking XCX, I will say the actual combat is really good. You can customize your character's movesets to be a whirlwind of synergized abilities, with a reasonable moment-to-moment choice of using an ability for its own effects or to answer an ally's callout. It's just that everything else in the game is really sloppy that makes it a slow and increasingly unfun experience. Also a while into the game you get your robot suit, which looks cool but throws the original cool combat system out the window in exchange for a watered down version.

Water down my rear end you spam the mega kill sword button and 1 shot everything. Just kills the entire mood of the game when all the combat degenerates into 1 second nuisance

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

thinking about last xmas being curled up on the couch next to the fireplace and playing xenoblade x. mmm thats a good feel. happy winter gaming, everyone

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I actually prefer the Mr. Dream version

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

sharrrk posted:

thinking about last xmas being curled up on the couch next to the fireplace and playing xenoblade x. mmm thats a good feel. happy winter gaming, everyone

Wowwww, gently caress you and your borearchy, Christmas is in summer here :mad:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Gorgolflox posted:

I actually prefer the Mr. Dream version

Is there any difference other than the palette swapped final boss?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hedrigall posted:

Wowwww, gently caress you and your borearchy, Christmas is in summer here :mad:

white christmas is actually about australia's immigration law

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

MadHat posted:

Pretty much yes.

5'6" isn't exactly "average" height for a man. I suppose it varies by country, as in China that is around average, but the chart uses imperial units and is in English, so presumably it was made in the US where the average male height is around 5'10".

Still, it's a shame that she went from an amazon to a shrimp.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
She never was an Amazon officially, that was just a cool drawing in Nintendo Power

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Samus can jump 20 feet in the air and suplex a dinosaur, of course she's ripped

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Being short doesn't stop her from also being ripped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Tender Bender posted:

A better example would've been the thong alien whose intro cutscene features long lingering shots of her rear end.

Are you talking about the shape shifting thong aliens, or the furry thong aliens, or the furry thong aliens with the weird things over their nips? I think every alien race with women had lingering rear end shots except those ones with the anus mouths. They did linger on guy's asses too though, all asses were objectified.

• Locked thread