Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I hope not. Though Jake's death has been alluded to since season two and this season was pretty heavy on the foreshadowing.

When was this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

No, you guys just don't get it!

You must be educated that my opinion on what is valid to watch is The Truth. If you'd only agree and stop watching he wouldn't have to come here.

De gustibus non est disputantum, mater irrumator.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

readingatwork posted:

When was this?

It's been mentioned a bunch of times that Jake will die and that Finn will be there or have something to do with it, and that Jake's okay with it. There's also an episode from last season called Hoots that involved the Cosmic Owl. In the episode, Finn has a dream where at one point that creepy Clock Bear from Preboot shows up and Jake pops in upside down and says "Say goodbye" in a sad voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8D2ZNR4xdU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

MrUnderbridge posted:

No, you guys just don't get it!

You must be educated that my opinion on what is valid to watch is The Truth. If you'd only agree and stop watching he wouldn't have to come here.

De gustibus non est disputantum, mater irrumator.

...what?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
i think he's referring to that "fuk cartoonz" guy from a few pages back

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I hope not. Though Jake's death has been alluded to since season two and this season was pretty heavy on the foreshadowing.

Yeah but we also know Jake is supposed to die in space with the banana guy.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I think if Jake died there probably would have been more fanfare to it. Unless they're saving the fanfare for the beginning of next season for some reason.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
That's why I don't really think he's dead. Maybe he'll lose his stretchy powers or be healed in the season opener or something. I do think Jake's death is a thing the show will tackle before it ends in 2018, though.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Rattleballs is a robot. He can be rebuilt. Also that giant eel didn't die but also said the same thing before passing out.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Random quirks like that always remind me of D&D. Like the person who was DMing at the time was a goof who would have everyone say that when they died or got knocked out.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I took "yubba dubba dubba dubba" to be specifically a way to show characters had NOT died. Like they wanted scenes where people died but didn't really want to write in the ramifications of people actually dying so they just wrote in a stand in thing for death and made it a gag.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

yubba dubba dubba dubba

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

All of those animal hybrids made by Dr. Gross remind me of the chimeras in Mother 3.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
How could you ignore ULTIMATE CHIMERA?

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I really liked the guy who knows what time it is :3:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Zeruel posted:

How could you ignore ULTIMATE CHIMERA?
there is no Ultimate Chimera, citizen :ssh:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

SexyBlindfold posted:

I really liked the guy who knows what time it is :3:

It's Adventure Time?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
It's Metaphysical Coming-of-Age and Learning to Accept Heartbreak and Loss Time!

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

get that OUT of my face posted:

All of those animal hybrids made by Dr. Gross remind me of the chimeras in Mother 3.

In the concept art they released the wasp chicken thing was called a chick-a-bee and that makes way more sense than it being a wasp chicken.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

A stranger is just someone you haven't taken candy from yet!! :v:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Norse Code posted:

A stranger is just someone you haven't taken candy from yet!! :v:

Truly a TTG level bad lesson

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If they do kill Jake eventually they need to get their schedule straight because it would be really annoying to do that and then just air it sporadically.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If they do kill Jake eventually they need to get their schedule straight because it would be really annoying to do that and then just air it sporadically.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Well, that was confusing. Is the Grass Sword still a metaphor for Finn's penis?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Remember that elemental lady?

no, because it's been like a year since the last episode so I don't remember loving any of the story of this show anymore.

Honestly this episode felt pretty weak to me, a few jokes landed pretty flat and it felt like it was trying to be revelatory just for the sake of it. I don't have an attachment to the constant callback characters when it's been so long.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rexides posted:

Well, that was confusing. Is the Grass Sword still a metaphor for Finn's penis?

Moynihan isn't working on the show anymore so maybe not?

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

The grass sword is a metaphor for Finn's Emotional Damage.

(AKA his penis)

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
That was... okay? Perfectly adequate if it wasn't a season finale, except it was, which makes it kind of disappointing. Plus I've also forgotten the running plot threads, so I couldn't remember if I was supposed to be surprised at the grass sword emerging again and blah blah.

I hope Tiffany's okay though, he's my favorite character! Kind of a weird setup for the inevitable spinoff though. :ghost:

Preboot was pretty cool by itself though, spider-legs were neat.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Season 7 is a lot better when you binge it imo. I'd still put it below 5/6, but now I think it's overall better than 4.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

"Official Production Blog posted:

King of Blue concept art by writer/storyboard artist Steve Wolfhard

“So the King of Blue comes to the Candy Kingdom to hustle and everyone’s like, what the heck are you doing back here, and he has no idea what they’re talking about because there are piles of Kings of Ooo, all hatched by the giant white Queen of Ooo.”

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ok so my prediction about the other humans is that they're descended from the ones who Marceline hung out with in the past who were leaving when she destroyed the Vampire King. but we'll see I guess

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hopefully they're all voiced by Andy Daly.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Apparently at the end of January we're getting another 8 episode miniseries with a new opening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytKt2LT61aA

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grass Finn!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There was also a prequel graphic novel of the same name released. Which follows the humans Marcy hung out with in ep 2 of Stakes, who left on the boat. Can't remember if I posted my theory about that here/can't be bothered to look but YAAAAY I was right

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It starts January 30th but they're going to be selling it digitally January 24th so, you know, spoilers abound.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

King of Ooo production blog posted:

In two weeks, Adventure Time: Season 8 kicks off with a half-hour premiere!

Part of 5 NIGHTS of new episodes at 7:30/6:30c on Cartoon Network.

——

TWO SWORDS - January 23rd

written/storyboarded by Tom Herpich & Steve Wolfhard

——

DO NO HARM - January 23rd

written/storyboarded by Laura Knetzger & Emily Partridge

——

WHEELS - January 24th

written/storyboarded by Graham Falk & Charmaine Verhagen

——

HIGH STRANGENESS - January 25th

written/storyboarded by Pendleton Ward & Sam Alden