Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
Yeah at this point I feel I have to keep doing it so...
:swoon: Rom Stoll! :swoon:
Now that that's out of the way, double data weapons! Also, I love how the Gundam fighters all have something to say to Altair. Does Kazuya?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Inferno-sama posted:

Yeah at this point I feel I have to keep doing it so...
:swoon: Rom Stoll! :swoon:
Now that that's out of the way, double data weapons! Also, I love how the Gundam fighters all have something to say to Altair. Does Kazuya?

Kazuya hasn't had a chance to meet up with Altair yet - he's with the Last Guardian part of our team.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like how Domon is still looking into peoples' hearts by decking them one.

Also Nobel Gundam is basically a giant mechanical Vega, isn't it?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Glazius posted:

I like how Domon is still looking into peoples' hearts by decking them one.

Also Nobel Gundam is basically a giant mechanical Vega, isn't it?

Close, it's a giant mechanical Sailor Moon.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Mission 26 – Rigged Trigger

Neo Tokyo 3’s getting blasted by the Tekkoryu and Successor forces, their defense systems quickly crumbling under the attackers. When Fuyutsuki asks, Makoto relates that the federal forces are currently held up with the Giganos over Suruga Bay. They won’t be coming over but Maya’s gotten a call from Misato, saying we’ll be here soon.
NERV will have to hold on until we arrive, which is a problem as their budget for defense against non-Angel attackers isn’t all that hot. They’re pretty much the exclusive attackers of Neo Tokyo 3. Still, Ritsuko tells the operators that this isn’t the time to grumble about the budget!

Gendou’s doing his pose, observing, and Fuyutsuki expresses his surprise at the Tekkoryu attacking them. Is this the start of an offensive against NERV? No, Gendou figures this is a warning for him and Fuyutsuki. They are likely unaware of the truth – if this attack was serious, NERV would be staring down N² weapons and infantry.
The Tekkoryu are likely here for the Zeorymer and Fuyutsuki sighs at causality at work, fifteen years later.

Gisou and Rockfell are waiting for us and the Nahel Argama enters soon after. Misato’s just as appalled to see the Haudragon attacking Neo Tokyo 3, though Roux worries more about the fact that Successor units are also here.
Seems obvious to Haruka that they’re working together, though we don’t know why. Doesn’t matter to Asuka, far more interested in giving these guys what they deserve for trying to mess with her city while she was away.
Rockfell notices the Zeorymer’s absence but Gisou suggests they observe for now and wait to hear from the other teams gathering intel.

Not a lot going on in this mission, or surprises for that matter – just advance and kill.

Only problem is that it’s a wee bit slower since most enemies have Distortion Fields. Puru Two takes this one.

While Elle and Puru grab another Batta. Judau manages to oneshot the last with a crit Hyper Beam Saber.

Roux makes good use of her new bot.

And she takes Valor, too.

While Akira grabs the second Joro, Ayato goes for the last.

Easy, peasy.

Enemy Phase!

Everything stays put, save for these last three Joros. Two of which get wrecked by Judau.

Player Phase!

Here goes the last one.

I just noticed that Asuka and Shinji were falling a bit behind.

Three Hokushin mooks today. Quattro leads the offensive with a respectable crit.

Help him out, Amuro.

It’s appalling how the Nu’s simply OK here, especially coming into this from the Z games.

While Judau joins the Hokushin group, leaving that guy in the red, Akira’s side has some Katonbos to deal with.

Remind me to put some movement+ parts in Camille because he just barely couldn’t use his Saber against this.

Barely over 1000 damage, since Beam attacks get a bigger reduction against Distortion Fields.

And I decided to give Iino the Re-GZ because ANYTHING would be an upgrade over the Megarider. Plus, his is the cheapest Focus after Roux.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cTl733CxZ8
He’s decent enough with it, though I’m really missing all those Zeta extras. They’d have been a better fit.

Enemy Phase!

Rockfell’s in range to attack. Problem is, she chose Amuro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-v79XP4018
Yes, she’s voiced by Reccoa and no Zeta character makes note of it here. Odd, considering how many quips Kotono Mitsuishi got in this game… maybe the Hakkeshu aren’t on an open channel.

What, you too?

: This unit’s like a self-propelled artillery battery…!
: Whatever the foe, none will approach the Burrston of the Mountains!

Now go wash your face and try again.

Quattro kills the weak Hokushin mook and slashes the other two. Judau, meanwhile, blasts the nearby Katonbos.

On the opposite side, it’s Ayato versus the Katonbos.

Player Phase!

Oh, and I forgot:

Burrston of the Mountains (Gisou)
Pilot Skills:
  • Prevail L4
  • Support Attack L1
Gisou’s Voice Actor: Tessho Genda (other known works: Gu-Landon in OGs Moon Dwellers, Morpheus in Matrix, Kongman in Tales of Destiny (ORE WA CHAMP DA!) and a billion more. The only man to rival Emperor Wakamoto in boisterous yelling.)

A twist in the big, hulking guy archetype: Gisou is purely a ranged attacker and, oh boy, is he strong. His range is massive, he’s resilient as hell, he’s got mostly good stats – the works. It’s only his accuracy that is quite lacking, which is good because his strongest move is a MAPW with positively ridiculous attack power: 6000!
That’s more than almost any other attack in our arsenal right now, even the combined ones. The only exception… is Zeorymer’s single target Meioh, of course (it ties with it).
The Burrston’s MAPW hits a 3x3 target area anywhere in 1-7 range, too. Thankfully, it has massive morale requirements at 150 and that is not an easy number to reach in MX.

Dinodilos of Earth (Rockfell)
Pilot Skills:
  • Prevail L4
  • Support Defense L1
Rockfell’s Voice Actress: Masako Katsuki (other known works: Reccoa in Z Gundam, Diane in Dragonar, Tsunade in Naruto and many more)

Now for something a lot more reasonable. The Dinodilos is weaker than the Burrston, though Rockfell is a more balanced attacker than Gisou – she’ll do well at both melee and range and her accuracy is WAY better than his. Offsetting this is the fact that her strongest attack, another MAPW, only hits up to two tiles around her and, being the Earth Hakke robo, can’t do jack against flying units.
In truth, the Dinodilos is rather middling. Its armor is garbage (only 100 more than the Lanster!) for something that can’t dodge worth a drat and flying units generally laugh at it.

Go, Purus!

Or not… even with the support attack, the mook hangs on with some 300 Hp. Puru Two attacks again and ends it.

Go get some exp, boy.

That’s three levels for him. Camille and Akira work together to wreck the last Katonbo.

Eeh, this is rather wasteful MAPW but I reckon it’ll be good to speed things up. Plus, I’ve been meaning to show it off for a while now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chBOhagXFFQ
He STILL doesn’t have enough Newtype levels to use Full Power version of this… just one more.

Iino and Asuka finish the Katonbo, teaching her Valor.

We’ll let the Hokushin guy kill himself against someone. This distant Katonbo needs to be weakened.

It’s amazing how much stronger this is compared to the Super Gundam’s.

Enemy Phase!

And Rockfell receives her info, relating how the Zeorymer was seen heading towards Mount Fuji. Gisou sniffs that it got scared and ran off to its home base; in that case, he tells her to go after and let him handle this.
As she’s about to go, Gisou calls out to her… but, then, says it’s nothing; he just asks her to keep her wits about her. Right back at him.
Camille’s taken aback by the retreat but Misato tells him to leave that one to our other forces – this group needs to focus on the remaining Hakke Robo.

Here’s something Gisou can hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7buZlC8qC4
Also bask in his amazing SHOOOOOOOO!

And it’s Asuka who the Hokushin mook chooses to kamikaze against, his charred remains sprinkled over her A.T. Field.
Another level of Support Defense for her.

And considering Iino might never see the light of day again, here’s the Re-GZ’s strongest attack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnxBWNActw8
Rei snipes the Katonbo down.

Off we go to deal with Gisou!

: If the Zeorymer isn’t here, then I simply need to end you and lure it over!
: And you’ll set a city ablaze for that…? The Tekkoryu are a far more dangerous group than I gave them credit for…!

Hey, why not? I’ve also needed a chance to show off the Hyaku Shiki Kai’s strongest weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0164d2OULGI
Looks nice.

: This unit is siege-oriented…! Then I just need to get in his face!
: Foolish child! You could never evade the Mountain’s missiles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXY1P0_wqb8
Camille’s the only one who can use the Waverider Crash in the Zeta. There are no secrets – just get him back in the seat of his mech.

Gisou is equally surprised and impressed that we can make the Mountain sway, so to speak, but he needn’t hold anything back if the Zeorymer isn’t here. He moves farther away but not to run – he’s about to reduce us all to ashes! As Misato realizes what’s coming, Gisou spells it out: nukes. MANY nukes.
Camille yells at the insanity of using nukes in a city but Gisou says that once the Hades Project has started, the whole planet will become the Underworld anyway. Whether it happens here sooner or later, it makes no difference.
Fuyutsuki is now getting worried but Gendou isn’t: Gisou will not fire those nukes.

: Come! Let the loud roar of the Mountain fill your ears!
: Stop him! Now!!
: You’re far too late!

*Tunk.*

: Hrm?!
: ?!
: What is this?! I cannot launch the nukes!
: H-hey… what’s going on?
: It misfired, maybe?!
: Inconceivable – a “mandatory lock”?! The Burrston had such a mechanism installed into it?!
: He… he can’t fire?
: Let’s just be thankful for small mercies, then…! Hurry, troops! Take him down!

: This whole unit is home to a torrent of missiles! Think you can dodge them all?!
: Isn’t this guy worried about chain reactions, what with all those bombs strapped to his body?

: Our house is around here, too, Shinji! Get your head in the game!
: (Dad… you’re watching this, aren’t you? Why aren’t you saying anything?)
: You stand distracted in the field of battle? You must have a death wish!
: Ikari!
: (But I have to fight… I have to protect this city! Touji, Kensuke and the others are here!)

Gisou’ll retreat under 15k HP and I doesn’t have any goodies, so balls to him.

Gisou sees that things are going south and is forced to concede defeat to us.
With him gone, Bright calls everyone back to go help our other troops. Ayato asks Shinji if he won’t say anything to his dad and, no, he won’t. We’ve no time and, furthermore, Shinji figures the guy doesn’t want to talk to him anyway.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 18, 2016

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

And I decided to give Iino the Distortion Field because ANYTHING would be an upgrade over the Megarider.
A bit of a typo here.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

All those fields were getting to me, you see.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
I'm starting to see how inflating the enemy HP to increase the difficulty might be obnoxious.

Also, I guess Vivace ate Leliel or something? Certainly looking forward to getting into the crazier bits of Eva and RahXephon.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I love how the EVA Waltz is just a regular ol' combo attack now. I suppose you never really forget how.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
MX is possibly the game in which the Nu Gundam is at its weakest, relative the rest of the cast (as for Zeta and ZZ, pre-Alpha SRW was much more "faithful" to UC tech levels, so pre-CCA mechs all ended up being basically unusable by the endgames due to low Limit caps). This makes some sense for MX, as Gundam only seems to be present at all as a formality, having no real role in the story. That said, ZZ is notably stronger than it usually is without getting Full Armor, due to having a single-target High Mega Cannon as a finisher, not to mention the combo attack with Camille. Still, this is the only time the "core" Universal Century characters have ever felt optional, yet another uncanny (not in a bad way) aspect of MX.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I forgot that Burrston's ultimate weapon didn't even work at all. The Hakke are the most precious antagonists. :allears:

Also,

Brunom1 posted:

: Isn’t this guy worried about chain reactions, what with all those bombs strapped to his body?

:ironicat:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Mission 27 – The Viper Squadron’s Fierce Attack

The generic Yellow Mountain squad is desperately requesting for backup as the Gon Jem guys stomp all over them. There are only three of them left and the mook can’t believe how the Dragoons are getting pushed around.
Ganan concedes that other Giganos teams could have trouble with these but not them! Jin also says that the Dragoons are fine mechs but the amateurish pilots simply can’t make good use of them.

Min’s bored fighting this weak guys and wants strong folks to fight – like the Magnate Ten. Goru is about to kill the remaining feddies when Min and Ganan stop him, as wiping them out would screw with Gon Jem’s plan. They are to simply stand by and wait for their actual prey to come over.
The Feds retreat and Ganan figures the table’s set now but Jin says this signal fire’s still too weak – why don’t they torch the whole city? Sounds good to Ganan but that’ll have to wait – the Magnate Ten’s arriving.

Jin’s very happy to see we took their invitation and Light groans at how these guys don’t know when to quit.
Kaine doesn’t see Gon Jem around and wonders where he went, but Duke tells him to worry about the enemies we can see. Off we go.

Note that, for the entirety of this mission, you can’t lose a single unit. That means pay special attention to the Mazinger supporters (except Hikaru in the TFO, of course).

We’ll want to get rid of Goru and his group ASAP.

Tetsuya finishes the job.

Start doing some chip damage to the guy and weaken that other Gebai.

Might as well let Maria do something.

And that’s a boost to her Support Attack.

Enemy Phase!

Everyone goes after Tetsuya. Goru loses his last shield charge and the Gebais…

They can no longer avoid being oneshotted, even with that shield.

All other Gon Jem teammates and their mooks are holding back.

Player Phase!

Let’s see how you like this.

: Yo, gorilla! Where’s your musclehead boss at?!
: N-No one makes fun of da colonel! You die!

There goes a big chunk of his health.

Little help from Kouji and Hikaru, and Tetsuya takes him down.

All together now: Min is annoyed but figures this is all she can do for today, Goru cries for mommyColonel, Ganan promises to REMEMBER THIS and Jin yells in panic.

Next in our sighs is Min’s group, with Light leading.

Not a lot of damage here but I want that EWAC set.

Duke weakens, Tap kills.

Enemy Phase!

And there’s Light’s kill. Jin’s Dauzehns are also flying over but the midbosses are keeping still.

Player Phase!

In case you’re wondering, I noticed Light STILL hadn’t SP Regen. So, I’m prioritizing him to cover the last bit of PP.

He’s almost good, though, so others can nab the Dauzehns.

Lacking shields means they die real easy.

Tetsuya apparently decided to take a page off Kira’s book…

Fine, let’s start peeling away at Min’s shields.

Tap had Iron Wall on, of course.
Attacking either Ganan or Min triggers the plot – or we could have waited another turn but it would’ve been less safer.

Turns out this is all a trap, as Ganan gives the signal and Gon Jem pops out of the woodwork. He makes a beeline for Kaine and Tap’s warning for him to dodge comes far too late.

Kaine gets wrecked and Gon Jem is very happy to gloat at the might of his swordsmanship – not even the Shuffle Alliance could dodge his attacks when he brings his A-game.
Duke realizes all too late that they were gunning for Kaine from the start and despite Sayaka and Tetsuya’s calls, the guy isn’t answering; Maria fears he might have passed out. Gon Jem figures he’s a nonissue now and orders his men to tackle the rest.
Kouji doesn’t appreciate him acting like hot stuff after that cheap shot but, of course, these guys don’t care. Ganan is more curious to see how long he’ll be able to give them sass; better yet, Min notices that so many of our folks are elsewhere and we’ve no place to run. Now that’s a recipe for victory.

: …
: What’s up, Col.? Why’d you go quiet out of the sudden?
: The way these things go, that weirdo outta be showing up any second now. I’m jus’ getting ready for it.
: Relax, Colonel – the radar’s clean. Guess we can take our time today, eh?
: Hmhmhm, ya don’t say? Then, yeah, let’s turn this place into a slaughterhouse!
: Keep the enemy away from the D-1, people! Protect Kaine!

So, yeah, Kaine’s now a sitting duck with 10 HP (that you can’t heal) and Jem and the Holograms WILL go for him. And, remember, losing anyone is a game over.
I knew it was coming, so I blew his SP to get rid of Goru ASAP and kept him back but, if you don’t, things can get hairy. Kaine will be immobilized wherever he was when Gon showed up, so if you had him lead the charge (which is likely), he’ll be in a whole lot of danger.

Boss has another moment in the spotlight.

And he scores, also learning Iron Wall. Perfect.

Enemy Phase!

See here? Min’s already going for Kaine. I need to get rid of her next turn.

Two Deins kamikaze against Duke, though Tap is the one that profits from his lone kill. More Valor!

Speaking of Duke, the Dollas like to snipe at whomever is closest.

Even an Iron Wall’d Super that can oneshot them. I only give him the one, though, because those others will serve another purpose.

Meanwhile, Boss spends his Invincible cast on Jin and wrecks another Dauzehn.

Player Phase!

Jin’s suddenly pings something approaching on the radar. “WHAAT?! Is it really that weirdo?!” Gon Jem freaks out but, no, it’s Leina’s crew and they’re here to put an end to their shenanigans.
Kouji and Boss recognize them from the Photon Lab and Gon asks who they are. He should know better, as Leina proclaims: “You don’t deserve to know our names!” From that, Gon Jem figures they’re with the weirdo and Drill confirms: “We’re Rod Drill and friends, righteous fighters travelling from planet to planet to smash evil!”
Leina glares at Drill for his attitude but he begs her to let him have this one – it’s always Rom and Jet always who get to say stuff like this!

Gon shakes his fist over his perceived sass, so Jet steps over to show how it’s done: “Gluttonous fiends, blind to reality… Let this name haunt you as you succumb to the underworld: Jet… Blue Jet! Pit the edge of your blade against mine and we shall see which is superior!”
Now that sounds good to Gon. Hikaru’s a bit confused as to whether they’re here to help us but Jet confirms – it seems fate keeps drawing them to one another. Kaine wakes up right then, groggy but alive, though his Dragonar ain’t moving. Time to keep running defense.

Our new arrivals are perfectly positioned to take away Min’s shields.

Here we go.

Add some help from Hikaru and Tap, and Light takes it.

Tetsuya will be taking care of the Dollas, setting himself in position to strike at them all.
We’ll want to start feeding him kills for a future secret – there’s still plenty of time but its best to start early.

Meanwhile…

This Metal Armor just got oneshot by Boss! When Dorchenov and Guiltorre see this, they’ll know the Giganos have already lost.

Duke pops a Valored attack, Kouji should be able to do the rest.

Yup. And Kouji learns Accelerate!

Enemy Phase!

There go all four Dollas!

Ganan and Gon ignore him, moving after Kaine.

Player Phase!

Do this quick.

With a support from Tap, that’s some 40% of his HP gone.

Hikaru and Tetsuya clear the rest away for Boss – he learns Valor, too!

Only Gon’s left, so let’s go for it.

: Open your eyes and behold the arts of the Tenkuu Shinken!
: Pfft, ya think that piece o’ crap sword can cut me?!

: Wake up, Kaine! You need to pull back!
: Let him sleep, guy! I reckon he wouldn’t wanna watch his friends get cut in half!

Seems like they expected you to engage Gon Jem even before Kaine woke up. Odd.

: Oho… yer pretty strong, ain’t ya, girlie? Perfect – wanna join my crew? I could use a good masseuse!
: I’d never accept such a shameless position, you filthy old man!

: You Giganos are as stubborn as roaches, huh?! What’s your problem with Kaine?!
: The Dragonars’ heads are worth their weight in gold back home! They’re the perfect game for me to hunt!

: We cannot allow ourselves to be beaten by someone who enjoys fighting!
: Hah, what a cool guy. Ya fancy yerself some hero?
: Problem is, I can’t stand the sigh of fellas like that!

: All things aside, that was a pretty good attack you did!
: Gwahaha… Ya’ve a good eye, looks like.
: But I’m putting an end to your offensive! So long as we’re here, you won’t be getting anywhere near Kaine again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q78aeoCTuxM
Aaay, Boss finally got enough morale to use his strongest attack!

: You’re not killing Kaine on my watch, creep!
: Aw, that friendship of yers brings a tear to my eye! Alright, I can send the two of you to Hell together!

That’s all Gon Jem can handle, so he runs off.

Here are the battle convos we didn’t get:

: Come on, pinhead! I’m gonna stomp that head of yers way deep into the earth!
: Them’s fighting words! Not even crying’s gonna save you now, tubs!

--

: I-I cannot allow this dangerous brute anywhere near Lady Leina!
: What a loyal goon! Just for that, I’ll make sure to kill ya in one clean cut!

--

: Hey, lil’ Dragonar! It’d be in your best interest to just let me take you out!
: The hell’s that supposed to mean?!
: You’ll see, soon. Real soon… Hehehe.

--

: Story goes that “mech’s with no legs” equals “kickass pilot”, eh? We’ll see about that!
: No idea what you’re getting at. Still, you’re soon gonna be missing something too: your life!

--

: Apologies to the colonel but I’m bringing you down!
: Shut your trap! I’m not about to let anyone get me!

Today’s goodies are: Propellant Tank, a Jammer, and an Apogee Motor.

Light confirms all enemies down – looks like we pulled through by the skin of our teeth. Kaine’s alright, apologizing for the trouble, but Kouji says he doesn’t have to. This only went south because we were working with such low numbers.
Jet proclaims he and company need to depart right now, though he wagers we’ll meet again soon. Leina bids us farewell and off they go. We can’t waste time either, and Light figures we’d best rejoin the other groups – given what they've just faced, they’re probably having a rough time too.
Duke will carry the D-1 aboard his Spazer.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I love how after only one encounter with Rom Stoll, Gon Jem is now outright paranoid of him showing up to ruin his plans. :allears:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

I love how after only one encounter with Rom Stoll, Gon Jem is now outright paranoid of him showing up to ruin his plans. :allears:

Word gets around in certain circles.

The recent DOOM Magazine has an expose on an insane alien attacker targeting hardworking villains. His victims thus far count innocent Gyandolar, Giganos and Gulfer among them - the letter G seems to be the trigger.

We've reached out to those who had met with the attacker, painting a gruesome picture of his depravity. The witnesses' identities have been concealed for their own safety:

: Och, 'im? 'Es the werst o' the werst. Ah've been all ower the galaxy 'n' 'ave never met a bigger dobber.

: Hmph, I may have been taken by surprise once... twice. But his reckoning will come when next we meet, I assure you.

: That guy?! Hrrm, that little sonuvagun, I tell ya... Did you know he stood on my head?! Well, we'll see how he likes it when I use that big head of his as a toilet!

: That guy's SO weird, it's insane. And he's always going on and on with his speeches... what a creep.

All readers are advised to exercise extreme caution when victory seems to be in their grasp.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Brunom1 posted:

The recent DOOM Magazine has an expose on an insane alien attacker targeting hardworking villains. His victims thus far count innocent Gyandolar, Giganos and Gulfer among them - the letter G seems to be the trigger.

We've reached out to those who had met with the attacker, painting a gruesome picture of his depravity. The witnesses' identities have been concealed for their own safety:

: Och, 'im? 'Es the werst o' the werst. Ah've been all ower the galaxy 'n' 'ave never met a bigger dobber.

: Hmph, I may have been taken by surprise once... twice. But his reckoning will come when next we meet, I assure you.

: That guy?! Hrrm, that little sonuvagun, I tell ya... Did you know he stood on my head?! Well, we'll see how he likes it when I use that big head of his as a toilet!

: That guy's SO weird, it's insane. And he's always going on and on with his speeches... what a creep.

All readers are advised to exercise extreme caution when victory seems to be in their grasp.

The thread keeps on giving that extra mile :buddy:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

All I can say is: :perfect:

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Brunom1 posted:

I love it when you do this. Also, that last one. Of course.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So is a 10-HP unit just turbo-hosed if anybody aims at it, or can you like Support Defend and take the hit?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Glazius posted:

So is a 10-HP unit just turbo-hosed if anybody aims at it, or can you like Support Defend and take the hit?

I'd like to think that, yes, you can have someone support defend since the D-1 still counted as an active unit on the map.

That being said, we only have so many folks with that skill around; if Kaine got mobbed, you could potentially run out of supports.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Mitall’s gotten in touch with Elde, relaying news of a new TE Absorber that’ll be rolled out soon – he wants her and Albero to see whether Hugo and Aqua are fit to pilot it. Elde asks if that means they’re welcome to dispose of them if they aren't up to snuff.
Mitall sniffs at her inane suggestion: those two are important parts in the Tsentr Project. Losing them would delay the whole thing, though Elde says that defective parts can never be anything other than that. Mitall isn’t so sure, liking the data he’s been receiving lately.
As for Elde’s previous request of a TE Engine for the Medius, there’s been a problem. The Tsentr Project only had two engines and one was destroyed in a test accident; the remaining one was installed in said new prototype, so it’ll be a long while before the Medius can be equipped with one.

Elde isn’t too happy, seeing in this a maneuver to keep her and AI1 in check, though he sneers (with that grin of his) that it was just a simple accident. Certainly nothing he orchestrated. In that case, he won’t oppose them taking the Garmraid’s own TE Engine, right? That way, she’ll be able to test the engine working in tandem with the Lasmunanium.
Mitall tells Elde to go for it, as that data would also be very valuable for the development of Model #10 – just make sure Hugo and Aqua don’t get killed in the process. Elde acknowledges and, with that, he ends the call.

”I knew it… he really is set on opposing the committee’s plan. Sooner or later, AI1 and the Medius will both…” Elde ponders, as the door opens behind her. It’s Albero, asking for their new orders. Elde says it’s to destroy the Garmraid and Albero’s surprised that Mitall has already given up on the thing; moreover, Elde says Hugo and Aqua are to be disposed along with it.
Albero pauses for a bit but confirms before asking Elde to go and make sure the Medius and AI1’s adjustments are finished. As she ought to know after all these battles, they shouldn’t underestimate Hugo and Aqua.
Elde huffs that it’s unlike him to acknowledge someone else’s strength but assures him that AI1 is superior – there’s nothing to worry about. Furthermore, she’s sure that Aqua can be easily unbalanced by revealing her presence aboard the Medius. Emotional control has always been the girl’s biggest weakness.

This scene is only for MXP's original plot:

: Elde Mitte… She’s likely picked up on what we’re planning.
: Most likely.
: We need a way to keep her in check like Hugo.
: It’s not my job to control her. Still, it’d probably be best if we took some precautions to ensure the development of the new model isn’t set back.
: What will you do, then?
: Get a rescue team ready to go and run a trace on the Medius and Magnate Ten’s current movements.
: Just in case Elde decides to go against your instructions?
: Hm. I’ve no plans of switching pilots at such late a juncture.
: I still have much for those two to do for my project…

Back to common ground:

We’ve already made it back, with Miku relating to Oki that there have been no issues with Masato recently – he hasn’t gone crazy again. That’s good but the situation’s changed: Oki has decided that liabilities must be removed at once.
Miku sees that he means Masato and Oki says that the Haudragon are starting to act and if they’re going to defeat the last Hakke Robos, the Zeorymer needs to be fully under Last Guardian’s control. “If it’s not, that power is… he is too dangerous,” Oki says.

Evil Masato steps out of the shadows, asking who, exactly, is “too dangerous”? Yes, he heard everything, and ponders what Oki is planning. When the guy doesn’t answer, Masato says he needn’t: Oki is very transparent and, really, he ought to stop with this pointless charade.

: Masato, what happened…?
: Are you worried about me, Miku?
: Of course I am… we’re partners, no?
: “Partners”…? Heh, drop the act. It’s very easy to see that you’ve fallen for me.
: !
: You are a puppet. Your purpose in life is to obey my will – nothing more.
: A puppet trying to play at being human… now that is ridiculous, isn’t it?
: Kch…!

*Miku runs off.

: Miku!
: Hmhmhmhm…
: Masato… you’re…!

Elsewhere, Miku’s crying over the horrible things Masato said… until Rockfell pops up.
Miku is shocked that anyone could slip into this base and realizes all too late who she’s dealing with, getting tazed and knocked out.

The rest of our team’s receiving info on the battles involving our other teams – Nana wonders if we should expect an attack here, too, and Hayato figures it’s likely. The Federation’s caught up with the Giganos across Japan, so the Haudragon could potentially strike amid that chaos.
Ryouma and Benkei says we should get ready to fight at the drop of a hat then – we need to protect Masato. Hayato seems a bit uneasy with that.

MX Version:

: The TE limiters?
: Yeah. I’d like you to run a simulation on how the Garmraid would run with the limiters cut.
: “Cut”…?! You do understand that if you do that, the engine will overheat, right?
: But before it does, we should see a momentary increase in output.
: And why would you do something like that…?!
: So we can take out the Medius Locus, that’s why. You saw how our previous battles went; with the Lasmunanium on its side, we need to destroy that thing in one go or it’ll just regenerate all damage it took.
: I won’t argue with that but… it’s crazy risky.
: A bit of crazy can go a long way.
: Th-This is not “a bit”! If it goes wrong, we’ll be sitting ducks!
: …Fine. I’ll run the sim.
: …Sorry.
: It’s fine. I made a promise to Rain.
: To Rain…?
: Hm. We’ve a job to do together… so I’ll do everything in my power, as your partner, to make it happen.

MXP Version:

: Cut the Garmraid’s TE Limiters?
: Right. Can you run the sim and check how long the mech would handle running like that?
: Hold on, now. Prof. Zapato has explicitly forbidden us from cutting the engine’s limiters.
: Because it’d overheat the thing, right?
: Yes. And, really, with how the engine is right now, we run the risk of losing all control over it before it even overheats.
: Which is why I want to know how long we’d be able to fight like that.
: Your plan is to destroy the Medius Locus with that gamble, hm?
: You saw how our previous battles went; with the Lasmunanium on its side, we need to destroy that thing in one go or it’ll just regenerate all damage it took.
: I won’t argue with that but… it’s crazy risky.
: Doesn’t change the fact that, right now, it’s the only way we’re beating that thing.
: If all goes according to plan, we’ll take the Medius down with us…But if anything goes wrong, we’ll give it just the opening it needs and that’ll likely be the end for us!
: What, then? Can you think of any other plan to take the Medius down?
: Let’s talk to everyone, explain what’s going on and ask for their help. If we do, I’m sure we—
: The Medius is my target. I won’t ask the others to get involved with this.
: “Your” target…?! Do you think you’re fighting that thing by yourself?!
: We had this conversation before: I’m the one who pilots the Garmraid, so I’m the one who decides how we fight.
: If you’ve a problem, then we can end this partnership right now.
: What, you think throwing that at my face is going to make me shut up?!
: What…?
: But, fine, since you went there, let me just make something perfectly clear!
: !
: It’s not you alone that makes the Garmraid work, OK?! Do you have any idea how to work the DFC System?!
: No, you don’t! So stop acting like you can fight this by yourself!
: Fine, then I’ll go and take care of the TE Limiters myself!

*Hugo stomps off.*

: Urgh! He’s like a huge child!
: (Then again, so am I…)
: (Aah…I did it again. And Rain even told me how important it was to be there to help him, no questions asked…)
: (This duo of ours might really be beyond saving.)

Back to common ground:

Lurahn’s got Miku in a tube and, as he examines her, is inwardly shocked to find out how she fit in Masaki’s plans. When Yura asks, however, he says he’s got nothing yet – more tests are required.
Yura accedes, remembering how the Zeorymer was designed to be controlled by a lone pilot and that’s how it was when Masaki stole it. Yet, the bot is now driven by both Masato and Miku together. None of the other Hakke Robos require two pilots, so why is the Zeorymer different?
Lurahn stammers that the answer to that question should lie with Miku herself. Then he should get to it, Yura commands – remember that everything they do is to transform this planet into the Underworld, where she’ll rule as Hades.

Elsewhere, Saiga compliments Rockfell on her successful mission, and she in turn on how his Omzack seems to be finally finished. Still, she says that he’ll likely not have a chance to display the thing’s vaunted power.
Saiga is certain of the opposite: ultimately, the moonlight has no hope of reaching the depths of Heaven. And, regardless, he has bigger fish to fry than the Zeorymer. More interesting to him is Rockfell’s annoyed semblance – has she grown weary after indulging the empress’ games? All that trouble just to capture some girl…

Rockfell frowns that the empress has something in mind. Dare he criticize? Saiga sniffs that Rockfell is giving her too much credit: way he sees it, the empress simply wants to slowly torture and kill Masato’s partner. All as vengeance for her unfulfilled love.
His insolence sets Rockfell off but Saiga continues, saying that this might be a good time to quit this mess. Would Rockfell come with him? He can give her a far better deal than the one she’s got with the empress.

Rockfell seems uncertain as a furious Gisou enters, accusing Saiga of rebellion; the guy simply scoffs at his “ridiculous” allegation and leaves. Gisou turns to Rockfell – she’s not going to lend her ear to Saiga, right?
Of course not, as Rockfell proclaims that the Hakkeshu’s lives are with their empress. That’s good but… Rockfell asks what the problem is. Gisou seems out of sorts.
Gisou mumbles that he’s just worried about her but quickly backs down and says it’s nothing. Ho-hum.

Mission 28 – Tragedy Beneath the Moonlight

Last Guardian’s alarms start blaring as they detect a Hakke Robo on approach – it’s already broken through two of their defensive lines. The rest of the Magnate Ten are still busy fighting the Giganos, so Oki will have the troops available intercept.
Or he would but Evil Masato proclaims that he alone is more than capable of dispatching a Hakke. And he insists: Oki’s to make sure no one interferes with his battle. The kid’s personality is making something very clear to Oki.

: Hmhmhm… the hour of my vengeance is finally come. Show yourself, Zeorymer of the Heavens!

: AAAAH!
: Urk! Our earth cover was blown away…!
: We’re going out there, Oki!
: No, just wait. Masato’s launching with the Zeorymer.
: What, alone?!
: That’s insane!
: We’ve no other choice right now… it’s necessary, if we’re to get answers.

: There you are…!
: Heh… still pursuing death ever-so-doggedly, hm, Ritsu?
: Silence…! You will now feel the weight of the humiliation I’ve tasted to this day!
: Heheheh… Well, I’m about to start making my way over to you. You’d do well to charge your J-Kaiser in the meantime.
: You dare mock me…?! Fine! Behold the power of the moonlight!

Well, we gotta indulge Evil Masato now. It takes two turns to get him anywhere close to Ritsu since we don’t have Miku’s accelerate.

Enemy Phase!

Here he comes.

: Hahah… have you come to meet your end, Ritsu?
: You’re far too slow, Zeorymer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhp9uY21kCE
Not doing too hot here.

Masato notices something wrong with how the Zeorymer’s performing and so do our people. Did something happen? Aqua takes a look and notices that the light usually on the bot’s chest is gone – maybe there’s some abnormality with the engine?
Oki tries getting in touch with Miku to ask for a status report but, of course, no one answers. Aqua tries telling Miku that she needs to get the Zeorymer’s energy output stabilized or else… still nothing. Hugo wonders if she’s not aboard but we’ve no idea. Oki, realizing he has the worst security staff in the world, considers the possibility that she might’ve been kidnapped just like Masato was before.

He asks everyone to search the base to see if they can find her and, failing that, for our folks to get ready to deploy depending on how this goes. Masato has heard that: “Oki, I thought I told you all to stay out of this… Besides, I can bring Miku back at any time.”
Oki doesn’t know what to make of that last bit.

Player Phase!

Let’s skip a couple of turns because the plot only kicks in once the Zeorymer’s bumped below 40% HP. Eventually I remember to bring Masato in closer for Ritsu to use his stronger Luna Flash.

Enemy Phase!

Try again.

Here we go.

Ritsu’s confused as hell – the Zeorymer’s not displaying even half of the strength it previously had. What’s going on? That’s what Masato wants to know, getting back to normal and wondering what he’s doing inside the bot. He tries calling out to Miku, asking where she is.
Oki, realizing that Masato’s reverted, explains that she’s been kidnapped by the Haudragon; yet, he still needs to face Ritsu. Masato hesitates to fight without her but Oki points out that she is, ultimately, no more than his sub-pilot – he’ll just have to make do.

Our folks will be deploying soon, so he asks Masato to hold on for a bit. Inwardly, though, Oki ponders how the Zeorymer’s energy output is considerably lower than usual. Is it due to Miku’s absence? “What were you planning, Kihara?”
Masato, meanwhile, tries making sense of what happened. He figures that other Masato took over again: that cruel, manipulative Masato who attacks with no regard for even his friends at the Magnate Ten. “No…! That’s not me! That’s not—!”

Our folks deploy and are already rushing over, surprising Masato that they’d help him. Ryouma and Kazuya ask what’s so weird about that – they’re not about to abandon a comrade with whom they’ve fought alongside with. Nana agrees, having seen what a hard-worker Masato is.
Hayato isn’t as friendly, though, unable to agree with their unwavering trust of the kid. Ryouma asks if he can’t bring himself to trust a comrade and, yeah, that’s right. This Masato notwithstanding, we know nothing of what “the other one” has in mind.

Ryouma doesn’t know what he’s talking about and Hayato simply tells him to ask Masato himself… but that’ll have to wait. Alarms start blaring as new enemies approach: Hokushin mooks with some Successor bots.
Ritsu snaps that he didn’t ask for their assistance but they’re not here to interfere with his battle – their mission is simply to distract the Nadesico.

I didn’t calculate this right but, thankfully, the Hokushin mooks went only after folks that could handle their hits.
The Katonbos, however, didn’t like the look of Kyoshiro.

Distortion Fields! :argh:

The little Joros, however, go after our two Akira Kamiyas. That’s good because we want them to get as much morale as possible.

Ryouma learns Valor, right on time!

Player Phase!

Had a leftover Joro but I shouldn’t have given it to Hugo.

Still, I did. At least Aqua FINALLY starts leveling up her skills.

Ryouma and Kazuya slooooowly start chipping away at a Rokuren. I bring Masato over to both help with that and draw Ritsu closer.

Enemy Phase!

: The Medius Locus…! Now?!
: This isn’t good – we’re getting flanked!

*Hugo charges in to intercept*

: Where are you going, Hugo?!
: I’ll hold him back while you guys take care of Masato!
: Hugo… it’s time for you two to serve your true purpose.
: Our true purpose?!
: Yes… you, and the Garmraid, will now become part of the Medius.
: So you wanna settle everything today. Is that what you’re saying, Captain?
: Yes, I’ll put an end to your suffering and send you to join Foglia and my subordinates.
: Shut up! You’re right that we’ll settle everything… because, today, I’ll destroy the source of this whole problem – the Medius Locus!
: The Medius is the problem? You need to get your head on straight. This machine was built to surpass the Devil Gundam itself.
: And that’s exactly what I’m talking about! Just what do you want more power than the Devil Gundam for?!

MX version:

: You’ll have your answer… in death.
: I’ve absolutely no intention of biting it here. And I’ve my own job to do as part of the Magnate Ten!
: I can respect that spirit of yours; shame that it’ll also be undone today.
: And you think I’d just let you have your way?! Aqua, give me full power on the TE Engine – don’t let it drop into the yellow!
: Aye, aye! Terminus Energy absorption plates, extended! Bypass, open!

MXP version:

: You’ll have your answer… in death.
: I’ve absolutely no intention of biting it here!
: I can respect that spirit of yours; shame that it’ll also be undone today.
: And you think I’d just let you have your way?! Aqua, give me full power on the TE Engine!
: Don’t lose your cool, Hugo! Calm down!
: I know, I know – just do as I say!
: I'm not cutting our limiters, though, you hear me?!
: Yeah, whatever! Now go and raise our output!
: F-Fine! Terminus Energy absorption plates, extended! Bypass, open!

Common ground:

: We’re ready, Hugo!
: OK…!
: (The Garmraid’s output rose instantly… Hmhmhm… Yes, that’s the way, Aqua. Show me and AI1 the depths of your strength. And then…)
: Here we go, Captain!
: Come…! It is here that I’ll close the book on our accursed past!

But, first, back to Ritsu.

: You’re pathetic, Zeorymer! And that is how you’ll leave this mortal coil!
: I have to do this…! Everyone came over to help me…! I… I will…!

Defending, just to be safe.

While the Rokuren’s continue to pester Kyoshiro, the Katonbos go for Kazuya.

Sloooow.

Albero, of course, will readily exploit Hugo’s low range.

: Let’s end this, Captain… rather, Albero Est!
: Hm – that’s exactly what I want!

Though the Medius’ damage suffers due to the morale difference against a defending Garmraid.

Player Phase!

The Nadesico team shows up, Ginga very worried about Kazuya’s safety.
As everyone deploys, Ruri sends them in to support.

No need to babysit the weaker units anymore, though you’ll still lose if the Zeorymer, Garmraid or Nadesico are destroyed.
There’s nothing over where our backup spawns, so I’ll run Hugo over to draw in Albero.

Meanwhile, I’ll be sending Ryouko and Saburouta aboard the Nadesico to help with the Successors. This weak Rokuren finally gets killed.

Let’s push Ritsu.

: Come try your hand with us, Hakke Robo! We’ll more than make up for the Zeorymer’s troubles!
: Hmph… Indeed, you do seem like a more worthwhile foe than the Zeorymer right now…
: Still, all are powerless face the light of the Moon!

: You also think to assist the Zeorymer?!
: Careful, Ryou! This guy’s the real deal!
: I got it. You get your head in the game, too, Hayato!
: Don’t worry about me! Masato notwithstanding, this guy is definitely our enemy!

So close to 50% but not enough.

Enemy Phase!

This will do, though.

There.

: It’s high time I finished this, Zeorymer!
: Wha—!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmW-c-7yi7g

: Uurgh…!
: Masato!
: Hmhmhm… And that is that.
: What’s going on…? Is it really because of Miku’s absence?!
: (Masaki said that she was needed only to regulate the flow of data… but without her, the Zeorymer’s output and offensive capabilities have plummeted. What kind of secret is hidden in her…?!)
: And, now… I’ll erase Masaki Kihara’s creation, the Zeorymer…! I’ll erase every shred of his existence!
: P-Please, tell me!
: …!
: Why do you hate Masaki Kihara?! Is it because he betrayed the Tekkoryu?!
: No, it is not…! That man… he made of mockery of my life! And, that, I cannot forgive!
: What…?!

*Ritsu takes off his mask!*

: My face, Masato Akitsu… You may not see it but I have lived all my life with the face of a woman…! I was born and raised to fight as a warrior but the face I was given was that of a woman!
: There are times when one is forced to coexist with that which they despise the most…! Can you even begin to comprehend what that is like?!
: I-I…!
: …And, then, I learned… I learned that it was Masaki Kihara who made me… He was the one who made my face like this!
: He MADE you…?!
: Yes. All of the Hakkeshu are the same: artificial lifeforms created by Masaki Kihara…!
: I found data… data regarding the program Kihara devised for us.
: What are they doing?!
: I don’t know. Their comms aren’t open to us…
: Each one of us were given a certain neurosis while we were being grown – seeds of our self-destruction, coded into our DNA.
: Taiha’s unrequited love, Aen and Tau swerving between mutual hatred and sisterly love… and this womanly face of mine.
: It may seem ridiculous to you, Masato, but none can even fathom the suffering I feel…!
: Thus, I swore that I would never bow to Masaki Kihara’s wishes and drew upon the hatred I feel for my creator…!
: Hahah… and, at last, victory is mine!
: Enough talk. You, and the blood of Masaki that courses through your veins, will now vanish forever…!
: …”The blood of Masaki”? Hilarious…!
: What…?
: Who do you think I am, Ritsu?
: ?!
: There is no victory for you…!
: !! Disappear! J-Kaiser, engage!

: Hmph, you struggle in vain…
: That’s my line! What can the Zeorymer do now that it lacks Miku Hirumo?!
: Does it now?
: Indeed! She is being held inside Tekkoryu Castle at this very moment! That’s why the Zeorymer can’t bring forth its full might, isn’t it?!
: Heh…Hmhmhmhm…
: What’s so funny?!
: You, Ritsu; your ignorance is pitiful. Any missing parts need only be called back.
: “Parts”?!
: That’s right…!
: Call her back, Zeorymer! Call back your Dimensional Coupling System!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwBda6739ic
Captions are available.
I’m trying to think of a more disturbing cutscene in other SRW games and I’m coming up empty. :staredog: :gonk:

: Wh-what…?! What just happened?!
: The Zeorymer’s chest is glowing again…!
: Hmhmhm… Welcome back, Miku.
: Masato… Masato… MASATO… MASATO…
: M A S A T O… M A S A T O…
: It can’t be...! That is the Dimensional Coupling System...?!
: You’d best not expect a pleasant death, Ritsu…! We’re going, Miku!
: ... Yes…

: Y-You are not Masato, are you…?!
: Hmhmhm…
: No… You are…!

: … Father…

: I am Masaki Kihara! And I am not your father!
: He destroyed that Hakke Robo in a single attack…!
: These readings… they’re incomparable to what we got moments ago…!
: Magnificent… That’s the true might of the Dimensional Coupling System…! You saw it, yes, AI1? You, too, will yield power like that one day…!
: He… That Masato is…!
: Hmhmhmhm… Dance, dance, Hakkeshu! Dance in the palm of my hand!
: Heheheheh… Hahahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

*The Zeorymer leaves.*

: He disappeared?!
: What the hell is going on there?!
: We’ll investigate that later… right now we need to eliminate the remaining enemies.

I... I dunno what to say after all that.

Rest of the mission will come in about two days, I think.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 12, 2017

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I always get a little choked up during these family reunion episodes.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Zeorymer is kind of dumb, isn't it?

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

I'm guessing they'll explain what's up soon, but the Dimensional Coupling System is basically a foldable robot version of Miku?? :stare:

Also it still feels pretty petty to me for Ritsu to be mad because of his face? It's not even messed up or super scarred or anything. :v:

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Spiritus Nox posted:

Zeorymer isn't a good OVA at the best of times, and SRW is far from the best medium for Zeorymer's plot.

It could be worse; they could have adapted the original manga.

(Zeorymer debuted in an adult magazine. This is all I will say on this matter.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

It is incredibly amazingly dumb, yes.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Mitall: "Don't kill Hugo and Aqua."
Erde: "We're killing Hugo and Aqua."

That woman is stone cold, and, undoubtedly exceedingly dangerous.

Also uh, Miku is apparently a robot skeleton now? That seems like a pretty bad lot all things considered...

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

There's one more plot revelation that'll cement this thought, but basically Hades Project Zeorymer is the story of the world's biggest unapologetic rear end in a top hat with God Mode on speed dial, and the show wants to convince you to treat him like you would a normal heroic protagonist. It knows this, and rides that train all the way to the end of the line.

Booky posted:

I'm guessing they'll explain what's up soon, but the Dimensional Coupling System is basically a foldable robot version of Miku?? :stare:
Nope, Miku straight up *is* the Dimensional Coupling System (or at least the main power component) and not human at all. The foldable robot form is what Miku is essentially supposed to look like, hence why her voice has those audio filters when in combat. She's been a robot this whole time that can be summoned at will at any time, and basically Masaki was toying with Ritsu once he realized Hau Dragon had kidnapped Miku. Because he's that much of an rear end in a top hat.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Booky posted:

You have it backwards. Miku is a human-looking robot that folds up into what happens to be the Dimensional Coupler.

edit: Gundam Spiegeled

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Of all the ways to control potentially destructive AIs, "crippling personality disorders" is a new one.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Glazius posted:

Of all the ways to control potentially destructive AIs, "crippling personality disorders" is a new one.

Nah. Remember Marvin the Paranoid Android? Same logic

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Booky posted:

Also it still feels pretty petty to me for Ritsu to be mad because of his face? It's not even messed up or super scarred or anything. :v:

Hey, being a bishounen ain't easy. And, of course, the show makes it very clear that Saiga constantly poked fun at Ritsu for it.

As Arado and others said, Miku herself is and has always been the core of the system. Think back to the first time Masato piloted the Zeorymer - Miku isn't there in the cockpit with him. We only knew that she was somewhere inside the robot.

Yeah, she's always been plugged in her skeletal form which is why her voice in combat comes all cybernetic-like even though Masato's doesn't.

Her showing up with skin and whatnot in combat is just SRW stringing you along without having to hide her face all the time. In the show, we only actually hear her voice when the Zeorymer is fighting.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Nov 21, 2016

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Remember how Gendo knew that Burston wasn't going to nuke anyone? Masaki went "What would be totally hilarious? Oh I know. Hey Gendo, get a load of this." and replaced the payload with a bunch of paint cans labeled "REAL NUKES" then they had a good laugh over being the #1 dads around. Masaki created a bunch of people that must learn to overcome their issues like the ensemble cast of any other show. Except he didn't create them to succeed, he did it just to troll them and watch them fail before he kills them.

He's like the world's worst Game Master.

GimmickMan fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Nov 21, 2016

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The only reason why Saiga might be right about the whole "Omzack of Thunder being the only thing as powerful as Zeorymer of Heaven" thing is because Omzack is the only one of the Hakkeshu that Masaki didn't spend his remaining adult life sabotaging in hilarious and exotic ways. Also, his personality gimmick is just that he's an rear end in a top hat, which makes him an ordinary dude in that series.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I think Ritsu's file was a fake.
The real file notes down: "Absolutely crippling inferiority complex"

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
It's almost a relief that SRWJ chose not to show that stuff. :stare:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Ritsu is mad that he has a woman's face but Zeorymer is super 80s anime and half of the dudes from that era are just bishounen like that so when you're watching it you just go "wait what's wrong with his face? Oh. Oh no". And he can't cut his hair/not do the makeup (is it makeup? or tattoo? or just a pattern on their skin they all have?) because he's programmed at pretty much the genetic level to be lovely and to set himself up for maximum self-loathing.

Zeorymer is ultra dumb but also I love it for it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I love reading the reactions to the Zeorymer plot. :allears:

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Ahhh, thanks for the explanations, Brunom, Arado, and Broken!! :sweatdrop: (Miku's real form looks super creepy, also.)

Man, Zeorymer sounds really silly and I kinda want to see it now! :v: Is it good or just "eh"?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I don't know that I can call it good, but Zeorymer is Zeorymer as hell. It's only four episodes long so if you don't like it, it's not a huge investment of time anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
This is basically Masaki's logic
"I'm the best, thus I'm going to make a bunch of clones of me."
"But what if said clones think they're as good as me, no ones as good as me, I'm Masaki loving Kihara."
"I know, I'll ruin all their robots and genetically develop them with personality flaws that will make them self destruct and gently caress up on ever level."

Masaki Kihara is just the loving worst human being. Like the man has no redeeming qualities at all.

• Locked thread